Chapter 9 - Let Me Love You

Never Been Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One chicken noodle soup coming right up,” EunHyuk shouted at HeeChul. He had finished his quota of cooking for the day and had switched to helping serve the customers. In addition, he was secretly hoping that DongHae would drop by. He had not seen Hae since they parted yesterday evening. He had not called or texted but then again, EunHyuk thought, neither had he.

He handed HeeChul the steaming bowl and wiped his hands on his apron. He was going to take a break and seek advice from HanGeng. He needed someone to talk to other than KyuHyun and SungMin. They were firmly planted in the garden of DongHae. HIS BEST FRIENDS would side with DongHae against him. He knew they had his happiness at heart but he needed someone unbiased and open-minded.

“Hyung?” EunHyuk approached HanGeng cautiously. He had always liked the quiet China man but never really said much to him. EunHyuk always felt comforted in his presence though and felt comfortable in approaching him.

“Hmmm?” Hangeng said looking up from arranging the platters of Beijing fried rice, “Ah! EunHyuk. How can I help you?” He smiled softly at me.

EunHyuk swallowed hard. He was not sure how to phrase what he wanted to ask.

“I have something to ask you…” EunHyuk began.

“Have a seat then,” HanGeng said patting the seat beside him. EunHyuk eased himself into the chair and leaned back.

“What is it Hyuk?” HanGeng asked. He could sense there was something troubling the younger man.

“It’s DongHae,” EunHyuk sighed, “He hasn’t called or messaged me all day and he normally drops by before he goes to work but he didn’t.”

“Have you tried reaching him?” HanGeng asked when EunHyuk paused.

EunHyuk shook his head meekly, “No, hyung.”

HanGeng laughed, “Well maybe you should.”

“I don’t know…” EunHyuk began, “See, yesterday he met with my dad to convince him to leave my brother and me alone. I don’t know how he did it but I am grateful that he did…but before he told me… I might have told him to leave me alone. He said he would not after I told him but… I’m so confused.”

“Confused about what?” HanGeng asked.

“I don’t know if I want a full time relationship with someone who is always late and breaking dates,” EunHyuk said. He realised how self-centred the words sounded after he said them. No matter what he had said or done to DongHae, the man kept faith in the love he felt assured that it would be returned.

“Do you love him?” HanGeng enquired softly.

EunHyuk nodded. He did love DongHae. The man made him happy in ways he never thought possible before. He would be doing the simplest of tasks, when he thought of DongHae a smile would automatically appear on his face, and he did think of DongHae a lot. DongHae tried in every way possible to make him smile, to make him happy and to make his day perfect.

Why wouldn’t he love DongHae?

Who would not fall head-over-heels, madly and completely in love with DongHae?

“I do love him,” EunHyuk responded, coming to a sudden realisation.

He, Lee HyukJae had fallen in love with Lee DongHae. He did not know when it happened, perhaps from the first moment they met, but fall he did. Truly. Madly. Deeply.

“Have you told him?” HanGeng probed, interrupting EunHyuk’s train of thought.

“No… not yet,” EunHyuk said meekly.

HanGeng’s eyes narrowed at EunHyuk, “You should tell him… before it’s too late.”

~0~

SungMin sat up in bed suddenly. Tomorrow was EunHyuk’s birthday and they had planned nothing for him.

“Kyu,” SungMin said, shaking Kyu gently, “Kyu baby, wake up please. Kyu.”

SungMin increased the vigour of his shaking. He needed KyuHyun’s input in the planning of EunHyuk’s party. With all the crazy events that had occurred in the last few days from threats to losing EunHyuk to EunHyuk falling in love, SungMin had all but forgotten about Hyukkie's birthday.

“Kyu!” SungMin shook him harder.

“Mmmph…” KyuHyun grunted into the pillow, “Aren’t you tired from last night baby?”

“What? No!” SungMin said, focused solely on EunHyuk’s birthday.

“No?” KyuHyun sat upright in bed, “but… I went at you all night.”

“Baby! Tomorrow is EunHyuk’s birthday!” SungMin’s voice rose in pitch, “We haven’t done anything!” He was completely oblivious of the fact that KyuHyun was shocked by his lack of fatigue from their night of lovemaking.

KyuHyun scratched his head. Why was Minnie so worked up about this and why was he not tired for last night?

“EunHyuk doesn’t like when we surprise him,” KyuHyun said slowly.

SungMin glared at him causing KyuHyun to recoil. Sometime, SungMin scared him a little… just a little.

“Since when does it matter what he wants? It is his birthday; we have to make it memorable for him. He is going to be twenty Kyu. Our EunHyuk is growing up!” SungMin said fervently, trying to convey how important this was for EunHyuk.

KyuHyun lay back on the sheets. Unlike SungMin, he was tired from his night and could do with a couple more hours of sleep but Minnie would not let him. An idea struck with saving brilliance.

“Why don’t you ask DongHae for help to pull something together quickly? Isn’t he a C.E.O. or something? I’m sure he’ll have a connection o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter