Chapter 6 - Night At The Amusement Park

Never Been Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Nothing hurts more than to be friends with someone, knowing you are both in love with each other, and yet not being able to be together~ 

Tuesday morning dawned with a softly smiling Lee HyukJae in his bed. He opened his eyes ten minutes before his alarm was supposed to go off. Although he had had a long night, talking to DongHae for hours, getting to properly know each other before DongHae went home. It had been close to one in the morning when he had finally left Hyukkie’s apartment. They had talked about almost everything. What they liked and what they did not. Their dream date… not that EunHyuk could remember much. He had become sleepy and in that state he tended not to retain information as well as he usually did.

EunHyuk smiled as he remembered the tight embrace and soft kiss on his forehead before DongHae had left him. They had both been reluctant to part but Hyukkie had work in the morning and DongHae had another business meeting. Hae had promised to take him to the amusement park after they both finished working.  He had been to the amusement park before with KangIn, LeeTeuk, KyuHyun and SungMin as friends but he had never gone with anyone as a couple.  SungMin and KyuHyun were always getting couple items and he tagged along as the third wheel. Hyukkie would feel just a little awkward around them but Min and Kyu never minded. They loved him and loved having him around but to Hyukkie it was not the same as having your own couple. He was excited about this date he admitted to himself. He would ask HeeChul to let him leave an hour early so he could get dressed. He wanted to look a bit alluring for DongHae.

He got out of the shower and dressed for work. He was too excited to eat or drink anything. He could barely get his vitamin capsule down.

EunHyuk laughed as he remembered his shock when DongHae told him that he was the C.E.O. at Shinhwa Insurance Bank located in Seoul. The man dressed like a biker for crying out loud. How was he supposed to know that the man was a C.E.O.? It did explain the extravagant gesture the other night with the roses and candles.  He closed his apartment door behind him and walked out into the brilliant sunshine.

Was it just him or did the world seem more beautiful? The colours seemed sharper, the air seemed sweeter and the birds chirped happily. Why hadn’t he noticed these things before? The way the sunlight shined through the leaves and the butterflies flitting from flower to flower. Oh~ the flowers he thought as he stopped to pick a buttercup from a nearby plant. He twirled the yellow flower between his index and thumb, thinking of how much the colour reminded him of DongHae.

He sailed through the front doors of the restaurant, half an hour early. Smiling happily at HeeChul and HanGeng.

“Well, you’re rather chipper this morning,” HeeChul said smirking at his dongsaeng.

“It’s a beautiful day out,” EunHyuk said entering the kitchen behind HeeChul.

“I guess last night went well then?” HeeChul asked. EunHyuk missed the innuendo in the words.

“Yep, it was really-“ he was cut off by HeeChul’s loud guffawing.

EunHyuk looked around, stunned. He had not even finished his sentence and he was being laughed at. YeSung and RyeoWook joined in.

“What did I say?” EunHyuk said slowly, looking from YeSung to RyeoWook to HeeChul and back. They were all grinning at him.

“So how was it?” HeeChul asked winking at EunHyuk.

“I already told you…” realisation dawned on EunHyuk’s face, “Guys!” He blushed, colouring up from his neck. “Wedidnothave,” he mumbled.

The three men burst out laughing. EunHyuk blushed and turned away.

“We were just pulling your leg Hyukkie,” HeeChul said throwing an arm around the blushing boy.

“Seriously though, what did you do last night?” YeSung asked.

“We talked… got to know each other. This reminds me…” Hyukkie turned to HeeChul, “Can I leave an hour early. He’s gonna take me out and I wanna look… well… nice.”

HeeChul gasped in surprise. He had not expected EunHyuk to agree to a date so quickly with DongHae. HanGeng coughed pointedly and shot HeeChul a conniving look, “I believe someone lost a bet.”

HeeChul rolled his eyes, “I’ll pay up later and Hyukkie, you can have the hour off. I know this must mean a lot to you.” In an unexpected show of tenderness, he kissed EunHyuk’s forehead and left to tend to the morning rush.

EunHyuk felt as though he was on cloud nine for the entire day. He smiled happily at everyone; DongHae was constantly on his mind. His sweet smile and animated eyes.  He could barely wait for five o’ clock, the hour he’d be able to go home and dress for his date.

~0~

The hour of five struck and EunHyuk quickly gathered his belongings.

“See you all tomorrow,” he said to YeSung and RyeoWook.

“Have fun!” they chorused, “and take a picture or two.”

He gave them a thumbs up before going to HeeChul, “Hyung~ I’m leaving now.”

HeeChul looked at him, a soft smile on his face. He was jubilant that EunHyuk was finally allowing someone to love him and loving someone.

“Have fun Hyukkie,” he said winking roguishly before sending him away, “Go before you end up late!”

EunHyuk grinned and saluted with two fingers before leaving.  He ran all the way home, a huge grin on his face.

With trembling fingers he unlocked his apartment door and stepped in, an envelope was wedged under the door. He picked it up and opened it. A small card fell out. EunHyuk turned the card ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter