Chapter 12 - Turning Twenty (Part 2)

Never Been Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SungMin blinked at the blazing sunlight glaring through the opened curtain. Had he forgotten to close it last night? The noise of the buzzer had awoken him from his deep slumber. Slowly, he stretched and kicked the blanket from around him. KyuHyun was still deeply asleep, snoring softly as he dreamt.

Had he imagined the buzzer? SungMin got off his bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His eyes fell on the clock.

9:00 am.

EunHyuk would be here soon for breakfast and their outing, he thought vaguely.

Then it hit him.

EUNHYUK WAS PROBABLY WAITING ALREADY!!!

That explained the ringing of the doorbell that he thought he had imagined.

SungMin jumped on KyuHyun, shaking vigorously.

“Kyu! Get up! Get up! EunHyuk is here and we’re not ready!” SungMin shouted.

KyuHyun flew up, throwing SungMin off him and onto the floor in the process. SungMin landed on his with a thump.

“Dammit Kyu!” he said getting up slowly and rubbing his rear end.

“Sorry babe but we cannot disappoint EunHyuk again this year!” KyuHyun said rushing into the bathroom, “DongHae is counting on us as well to keep him happy!”

SungMin stood in shock at the explosive reaction from KyuHyun. He listened to the speedy shower KyuHyun was taking, the fragrance of his musky body wash floating out of the bathroom. In not time, he was out of the shower and speedily drying himself with his blue towel.

“Go bathe!” he exclaimed, sounding slightly muffled as he dried his hair.

“Go on!” KyuHyun said again as SungMin stood glued to his spot. KyuHyun had finished drying himself off and was now putting on his underclothes and black jeans. He shoved the leather belt through the loops, snapping the buckles as he looked around for a clean white vest.

His urgent movements finally got to SungMin.

SungMin snapped out of his daze and rushed to the bathroom bathing speedily, washing his hair and brushing his teeth. The buzzer had sounded about three times more as he bathed. Silently, SungMin hoped that KyuHyun was completely dressed and opening the door. He could not believe he had overslept on his best friend’s birthday.

“Get the door Kyu!” SungMin shouted as he washed soap off his skin.

“I’m going!” KyuHyun yelled back as he buttoned up his shirt, rushing to the front door.

~~~
He was just about to give up all hope. His best friends had forgotten him again.

EunHyuk sighed softly and turned away from the door. He took the first step and was about to take the second when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Hyukkie!” KyuHyun screeched, sounding genuinely excited, “You’re here!”

EunHyuk spun around, tears disappearing instantly. KyuHyun enveloped him in his arms and squeezed him tightly.

“Happy twentieth buddy,” he said as he kissed the crown of EunHyuk’s head.

“I thought you and Minnie had forgotten me,” EunHyuk remarked as he returned the hug. KyuHyun had the decency to look sheepish. He cleared his throat awkwardly, unsure of what to say as he led EunHyuk inside.

Please be making breakfast SungMin, KyuHyun thought desperately, else we are going to be screwed.

The aroma of freshly made waffles floated through the air as they entered the living room.

“Smells good,” EunHyuk commented as he entered the kitchen and pulled up a chair.

“Happy birthday Hyukkie,” SungMin sang as he slid a plate in front of EunHyuk. He kissed EunHyuk on his cheek, squeezing gently, “I hope you enjoy this one.”

SungMin added four waffles to the plate, a handful of fresh strawberries and placed a small jug of strawberry syrup next to the plate.

“Thanks hyung,” EunHyuk chimed.

“What would you like to drink?” KyuHyun inquired, opening the refrigerator, “We have orange juice, water, strawberry milk.”

SungMin rolled his eyes at KyuHyun who was horrible with details.

“Strawberry milk,” EunHyuk exclaimed, wondering how his best friend of forever could not know that he loved strawberry milk.

Kyu pulled the carton out of the fridge and poured a glass for EunHyuk before taking the seat opposite to his best friend.

“Waff awewe gunna dwo fwo duh mowning?” EunHyuk garbled, his mouth filled with waffles and strawberries.

“Hyukkie!” SungMin cried, appalled by EunHyuk’s poor table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter