Chapter 1 - A Bad Boy And A Bike

Never Been Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EunHyuk groaned and rolled over, pulling his blanket over his face to block the sunlight. It was March 24th, 10 more days until his birthday. KyuHyun and SungMin, his best friends and a couple themselves, had been bugging him about how he was going to celebrate this year.

For his 19th Birthday, the trio had gone clubbing. EunHyuk had been dating MinHo then. MinHo had gotten disastrously drunk and had hit on every girl and guy in the club. EunHyuk, who cried easily, had been in tears for most of the night. it was the worse birthday he had had thus far.

“Let’s go clubbing,” KyuHyun said.

“It’ll be fun,” SungMin said.

Fun, my , EunHyuk thought, the bitter memories of last April 4th resurfacing. He had angrily promised them that he would never spend another of his birthdays with them but as his 20th birthday approached, he felt himself relenting.

He did not want to be alone on his birthday.

He pulled the blanket from over his face, and glanced at his clock.

The luminous green numbers showed 8 am on the dot.

Dammit!! I am going to be late for work again. Heenim is going to kill me.

Hurriedly, EunHyuk showered and dressed them ran the two blocks down to the restaurant where he worked.

He was a sous chef in the Black Dragon restaurant, run by HeeChul and his husband HanGeng.

“Sorry I’m late,” he shouted as he rushed through the back doors to the kitchen.

“HyukJae ah~” HeeChul shouted, “That’s the third time this week that you’ve been late and it’s only Thursday!”

HeeChul only used his full name when he was really pissed.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry!” EunHyuk said unhappily, bowing deeply.

“Just get to work,” heechul said rolling his eyes at the flustered boy.

“We need two portions of crab dumpling!” one of the workers yelled.

“On it!” EunHyuk replied, rolling up his sleeves and he lighted the stove and searched for the utensils.

Suddenly, there was an enormous crash!

Everyone froze.

On the floor, lay an unhappy EunHyuk, covered with tomato sauce and a furious chef.

That did it for HeeChul.

“Can’t you watch where the hell you’re going!” HeeChul shouted at the poor boy.

“Baby… “ a soft voice said, calming HeeChul.

Heechul looked at the hand resting lightly on his shoulder. HanGeng. His one true love.

“Yes?” HeeChul said, working to sound calm.

“Why don’t you leave this to me. Your fried rice will burn if you delay much longer,” HanGeng continued in the same soft tone.

Heechul looked antagonized but left HanGeng to deal with the mess.

“I’m so sorry,” EunHyuk said to the grounded chef and his boss.

“Let’s get you cleaned up,” HanGeng said kindly, “You can work tables today”

EunHyuk nodded, grateful that he was not fired. Why am I so flustered today? He berated himself silently. Stupid SungMin. Stupid KyuHyun. Stupid birthday. I am all worked up over that. He could always plot the many different ways he can torture SungMin and KyuHyun if his birthday went awry this year. Stupid friends who told him he needed to loosen up more. He liked being this way. Reserved and shy. EunHyuk sighed, it would not  do to dwell on that at the moment. Besides, they had a few days to plan something normal and fun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter