Chapter 8 - Three Little Words

Never Been Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was near midnight when DongHae got into bed next to EunHyuk. He could have put him in the guest bedroom but he wanted EunHyuk near him. The need to protect EunHyuk was overwhelming. He hoped Hyuk was having peaceful dreams or none at all. He pulled EunHyuk into his arms and closed his eyes, running through the things he would have to do tomorrow.

He had already set the finding of EunHyuk’s father into motion. DongHae could not bear the thought of EunHyuk hurting over anything. He would do all in his power to protect him and dealing with a blackmailing father was more than within his power. He would personally meet with EunHyuk’s father and have a little heart-to-heart with him about EunHyuk.

EunHyuk was slipping in and out of sleeping. He felt when DongHae pulled him clos. The feeling of safety washed over him, erasing the unworthy feeling he had earlier. Now that DongHae was here, he would sleep peacefully.

~~~

DongHae was dressing when EunHyuk awoke.

“You’re not going to work today,” DongHae said as EunHyuk sat up in bed rubbing his eyes.

“I… I’m not?” EunHyuk said sleepily, “Does that mean I can spend the whole day…” the sleep suddenly cleared from EunHyuk’s mind. “Where am I?” he looked around at his unfamiliar surroundings. It was nowhere that he had ever been to before.

“You’re in my apartment. You can stay here for the day or you can take a car and go somewhere once you stay out of trouble and return,” DongHae said, sounding possessive. He did not want any harm, physical, mental or emotional to befall EunHyuk again. Now, that he was in EunHyuk’s life, he would try his best to prevent that.

“HeeChul is going to fire me for missing another day of work,” EunHyuk said pouting. Personally, he welcomed the break after the emotional stress of yesterday. It still pricked at the back of his mind but he would dwell on his plan of action when DongHae left. Perhaps he would arrange some sort of meeting with his father where they could come to an agreement. His brow furrowed in concentration.

“What are you thinking so hard about?” DongHae enquired, walking over to where EunHyuk sat. He took a seat on the bed, placing his hand over EunHyuk’s. He cupped EunHyuk’s face with his free hand, surveying the perfect face. His heart squeezed in his chest as he realised how much he loved the man before him.  He had fallen in love with EunHyuk the moment he saw him and he had thought of no one else since.

“I was just thinking about…” EunHyuk hesitated, “My job and HeeChul… and my dad.” The last piece was said very softly. DongHae heard the tremor in EunHyuk’s voice.

“Don’t worry about your dad,” DongHae said, his voice cold, “I’ll deal with it.”

EunHyuk’s head snapped up. He looked fearfully at DongHae’s face. The soft warmth had gone out in the other man’s eyes. A chill of fear raced over EunHyuk’s body.

“You… You’re gonna take care of what?” EunHyuk asked, afraid of what the answer would be.

“Don’t you worry your pretty head over that my love. You need relaxation,” DongHae said, getting up and tuning to the door, “I’ll see you for lunch.” He should have the issue wrapped up by lunchtime. He had good contacts and wheeled a lot of influence. DongHae would get this done and ensure it never resurfaced.

“Wait!” EunHyuk called out. He got off the bed and approached DongHae.

DongHae turned around, a bemused expression on his face, “Yes?”

EunHyuk wrapped his arms around DongHae’s waist, “I’m sorry about yesterday. I did not mean to worry you or shout at you. Although you could have left me a note or call to say you left.”

DongHae returned the hug, kissing the top of EunHyuk’s head, “I did leave a note on my side of the bed. I thought you got it, which is why I did not call.”

“Oh!” was all EunHyuk responded. He had not thought to check on the side DongHae had slept, “I’m sorry.” He put on his best cute voice.

“It’s okay, my love,” DongHae said, pulling away from EunHyuk. It hurt him to leave the arms that held on to him, “Lunch.”

DongHae left without another word, he was single-mindedly focused on his task for today.

EunHyuk pushed the thought out of his mind. What was DongHae going to do?

~0~

DongHae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter