Chapter 2

The Human Experience

“So those eleven are his pack?” Nara asked as the group of vampires sat together at lunch, “are we sure? We can handle twelve just fine, but it’s still a big number.”

“They’re just dogs,” Gayun smirked, “what can they do to us?” the blond suddenly looked away, her dark eyes focusing on a girl walking with her lunch tray. The girl suddenly tripped and fell, spilling her lunch all over a table of girls. The girls squealed before rushing off to clean up, leaving a girl who fell behind, blushing red with embarrassment. Gayun chuckled before turning back to the group who all looked at her, wondering if she knew it would happen or if it was chance.

“Any way,” Bora rolled her eyes, “back to the werewolves.” Gayun taking pleasure in the suffering of others was nothing new and thus Bora deemed it no longer worthy of discussion.

“Didn’t Hyuk oppa tell me that werewolves can kill a vampire just by biting them?” Jina asked, glancing over her shoulder at the table of werewolves with a worried look.

“Yes,” Leo answered, “but they would have to catch you first.” Leo didn’t normally talk much, but since being appointed Jina’s guardian for her first couple hundred years he’d taken to opening up his mouth to answer her every question.

“And we’re too fast for that,” Hyuk added.

“Fast or not we need to be careful,” N told the younger vampires who all nodded.

“I want to know what kind of game they’re playing,” Bora glared at the werewolves who seemed to be in their own world. It was like they didn’t know or care that thirteen vampires had shown up at their school.

It was unnerving.

At the werewolves’ table, however, the topic of vampires had come up.

“Wonder what brought them here?” Baekhyun glanced over at the vampires, trying to keep his interest hidden.

“Not sure,” Suho frowned, “we’ll have to wait and see. They know what we are just like we know what they are. If they wanted to kill us, they would have done it already and compelled the school to forget they saw anything.”

“Which means what exactly?” Kai asked, “That they didn’t know we were here? Or just that they haven’t decided to kill us yet?”

“Maybe both,” Kris added his own thoughts, “I was on the roof when they showed up. The leader seemed surprised that she could smell us. The others, too.”

“Three of them smell different,” Sehun noted, “I mean they smell like a vampire, but it’s off.” The others nodded after sniffing the air themselves. Ten of the vampires smelled just like every other vampire; dead bodies and blood. The other three smelled like bodies, blood, and freshly dug dirt. The pack had crossed paths with a few vampires before and none smelled like these three.

“Maybe we should talk to them,” Suho suggested, “lay all our cards out on the table. Maybe if they know we have no interest in killing them, they’ll have no interest in killing us.”

“And you expect us to believe that?” the twelve jumped before turning around to face Bora, N, and Leo. The werewolves hadn’t even realized that the three had left their table, let alone made their way over. If this was only a fraction of what they – and the others – could do, then the twelve boys didn’t stand a chance in a fight.

“It’s the truth,” Suho told her and felt himself shiver under the vampire girl’s dark gaze. It wasn’t that she was glaring at him, it was that she looked completely uninterested in the conversation. Her eyes were blank and Suho feared that maybe she’s already decided to kill him and his pack brothers. This conversation was just to draw out the tension.

“You really aren’t like other werewolves, are you?” N’s dark eyes sized up each of the twelve slowly, like he was waiting for one of them to flinch before lunging at them.

“What do you mean?” Kai tried to scoff, “you aren’t one to talk. Three of your group smell different from the rest. Like this girl.” Normally, Kai would have said more, been more brave in his words and tone, but the three vampires were incredibly unnerving.

“That’s because I am different,” Bora’s lips pulled up slightly into a smirk, “I’m an original.”

That just confused the twelve. Never once growing up had their parents told them about the original vampires, but the pack elder at the time had told them a few things. Mostly it was basic things, like how there were three original vampires, but the elder had told them a couple of useful things before his death.

The original vampires where incredibly strong and they were followed everywhere they went by their loyalist followers who would lay down their life to save them.

Bora, N, and Leo waited for the looks of fear to appear on the faces of the twelve werewolves, but they never came. In fact, their body language was more confused than anything and that was not what Bora was expecting. Every other time she crossed paths with werewolves, they would tremble in fear or quake with rage upon learning of her status.

Even the two packless werewolves had enough sense to shiver when they found out who she was.

“You really don’t know the stories?” N asked, voicing the question that was on the minds of Bora and Leo, “how can that be? Every werewolf has heard at least one of the stories about us. Sure, it’s pretty much all lies, but to not have heard them at all….”

“Our parents thought the stories weren’t true,” Suho explained, “I guess they were right.”

His words only infuriated Bora. Werewolves had hated and feared her for thousands of years, yet this pack had decided that she couldn’t be all that bad? A werewolf had actually thought that the stories about her where completely untrue? On one hand, she did like that someone had faith in her to be good. However she wasn’t good.

She was a vampire. She fed on humans to keep herself alive. She’d killed thousands of people over the years. She felt insulted that the parents of the werewolves before her had decided that she couldn’t be as evil as the old stories claimed.

“Let’s go,” she growled, turning to walk back to the rest of her family. Leo nodded, silently following, but N stayed back for a moment.

“Don’t mistake Bora for some gentle hearted woman,” N scoffed, “it’s insulting to her. And to the rest of us for that matter. We aren’t good, helpful vampires. It’s not in our nature. We’re monsters and you would do well to remember that.” With that said, he left. Like Bora, he felt insulted at the insinuation that he was good and gentle and kind. He might act that way with Bora and the others, but never once had he acted that way with werewolves. He hated the blasted dogs with all his unbeating heart and to find a pack who didn’t know of this hatred angered him.

A/N: humm, i wonder what could have happened to make N hate werewolves so much..... k, so i myself don't wonder 'cuz i know what happened, but i'm sure you guys are wondering! please enjoy and (hopefully) comment!! comments make me feel all special and what not. thank you so much to all my subscribers!