Chapter 9

The Human Experience

N and Luhan didn’t bother hiding the fact that they were following Seunghyun. He knew they were going to follow him, so hiding it seemed pointless. All they pair needed to know was where Seunghyun lived and what his older brother looked like. Any other information could come later when they had more backup.

“Just where the heck does this guy live?” Luhan growled after following the hunter for a couple of hours.

“We live on the other side of town,” N scoffed, “so what does that tell you?” Luhan, too, didn’t live very close to the high school he – and the rest of the pack – attended.

“Can I ask what a vampire and a werewolf are doing together?” Seunghyun asked as he came to a stop outside of an apartment building, “I thought you two would hate each other, especially you, N. Or should I call you Cha Hack Yeon?”

“You’ve clearly done your research,” N smirked at the hunter, “not many people remember my real name.”

“My brother and I make a point of knowing everything there is to know about the originals and their most loyal followers,” Seunghyun then turned to Luhan, “and Xi Lu Han, the orphaned werewolf of the old EXO pack. One of only twelve survivors. Never thought I’d get to meet you. I thought someone would come to finish what they started with your parents.” N blinked in confusion.

Everyone had heard about the EXO werewolf pack. Everyone in the supernatural community, anyway. They had once been a large pack with a long history almost as old as he was. However, several years ago, most of the pack had been slaughtered by a group of hunters while visiting another country. The official story told by the vampire who found the bodies was that the whole pack had been killed. This vampire had also claimed to have killed the hunters responsible for the deaths before covering up all evidence.

But N knew this vampire and had gotten another story out of him.

The vampire had stumbled onto the scene towards the end of the fight. By that point, most of the adult pack members where dead and those who weren’t were in the process of dying. This left twelve young children, all around ten or so, to deal with the hunters. The hunters had lost a few of their brothers and only fourteen or so were left. The vampire had taken pity on the poor children and moved to join in, but the children moved into action before he could.

The hunters were already weakened from their fight with the adults, so the twelve werewolf children had an easier time fighting them. It was possible that was the only reason why the children managed to kill all fourteen. The vampire had watched and knew that all twelve had killed at least once, meaning that they had awakened their curse. All werewolves had enhanced strength and senses, but it wasn’t until the first time they killed a human that their full curse awoke. Accidental kills didn’t count, but the children hadn’t killed those hunters on accident.

The last of the adults still alive instructed the children to leave, to just run and let the police handle things. The vampire knew that the adults knew he was there, that he could cover up what had happened and make it human friendly. And that was what had happened. The kids finally left and the vampire covered their tracks. He had even lied about the existence of the children, hoping to avoid more pain coming their way.

“Well, you’re a bright one,” N scoffed, “figured out the official story was a lie? Or did you torture the truth out of someone?”

“Torture,” Seunghyun shrugged, “Victor told me a lot about you, too. In fact, everything I know about you comes from him. Like why you hate werewolves so much. Never thought I’d get that information from some second generation turned, though. Care to confirm if it’s the truth?” N just glared. Luhan wondered if Seunghyun would actually say anything more, but all three knew that if he did N would rip him throat out. And death wasn’t on the agenda for today. Seunghyun just wanted to mess with them a little, throw them off their game.

“See you at school tomorrow,” the hunter left, waving and laughing like he was saying goodbye to a couple of friends rather than his enemies.

“He knows a lot,” Luhan finally said once he and N were completely alone, “where could he have found all that stuff out?”

“Anything he knows about you and your pack comes from Victor,” N explained, “Vic’s the one who cleaned up everything after, well, you know. He’s also the one who created the story that your whole pack was dead in hopes of protecting the last EXO werewolves. Since I turned Vic and was close friends with him at one point, anything about me probably came from there, too. Anything else, I haven’t got a clue.”

“Did you tell Victor a lot?” Luhan was almost afraid to ask.

“Not much,” was the red head’s reply, “but enough to cause problems. Bora and Leo told me not to say anything to Victor, too. I should have listened to them.”

“I need to know why you hate werewolves,” the blond finally said, “you can’t tell me that it’s not important either because we both know it is.”

“I’d known Bora for a few months before I was turned,” N started, clearly uncomfortable talking about the current subject, “she was only with Suji and Jiwook at the time, Leo joined us later that year and anyone else she’d turned had left. I was the first person who’d stayed with her.”

Luhan kind of understood now why N and Bora were so close. He was the first person who hadn’t left her after being turned. He could only assume that the ones before N had left because they had no farther use for the original vampire, not when she’d already given them what they wanted – immortality. N, on the other hand, hadn’t left her as soon as he became a vampire. He’d stayed with her for around ten thousand years, too.

Truth be told, Luhan felt a bit left out. He felt as though getting Bora’s attention was nothing when compared to her bond with N. He wouldn’t be surprised if he found out the pair loved each other. (A/N: well, he's half right.)

“I’ll tell you everything,” N said, pulling Luhan from his thought, “but no here. I’ll take you back to our place and tell you there. And call your pack, this is probably something they should know, too.”

A/N: so some insight into Luhan/EXO's past in this chapter, plus a little bit about how N was turned and why he and Bora are so close. next chapter, you guys will *finally* find out about why N hates werewolves so much. *evil laugh* too bad you're probably going to have to wait until next weekend, huh? thank you so much, subscribers!!! lots of love <3

please comment if you have time! i love reading your comments!!