Chapter 34

The Human Experience

A/N: something that i hope with brighten your monday

Morning found N and Leo searching Bora’s room top to bottom in hopes of finding her mother’s spell book. Both felt a bit bad about ripping apart her room – throwing her clothing around, ripping up a couple of floor boards, and moving her furniture about. However, it was for the greater good and she could yell at them when they’d removed the seal that had turned her to stone.

“It’s not here is it?” Ravi tried not to laugh when he came to join the older pair, only to find them standing in the middle of a mess looking rather frustrated.

“No,” N sighed, “we’ve looked everywhere.”

“Why don’t you try Jiwook and Suji’s rooms?” Ken suggested, “Maybe Bora hid the book there.”

A few minutes later found the four, plus Hyuk, trying to convince Nara and Hongbin to allow them inside Jiwook and Suji’s rooms. Both vampires had taken one look at the mess that was Bora’s room post search and blocked the five from entering either room. Nara would never let them destroy her lover’s room and Hongbin wasn’t about to trash Suji’s room, violating her personal sanctuary.

“I promise I’ll fix everything,” N promised them, “as soon as we finish looking, we’ll put everything back the way it was.”

“Fine,” Hongbin sighed, knowing how important finding the spell book was, “but you better make sure everything is exactly where you found it, hyung. If I find one thing out of place, I’ll rip your room apart and see how you like it.”

“You have to fix Bora’s room, too,” Nara frowned, her own resolve weakening at the idea of getting her Jiwook back, “you can’t forget about that.”

“Promise,” N smiled before they all got to work ripping the two rooms apart. Even Hanbi, Gayun, and Jina pulled themselves away from their own searches outside to help destroy – and then fix – the originals bedrooms.

“I can’t believe it,” Ken sighed three hours later when the searches were finished, “I would have thought for sure Bora would keep the spell book close.”

“There is one other place we could try,” Gayun suggested, dropping into the seat beside him, “but I don’t think you’re going to like it.”

“The basement, right?” Ravi smirked. No matter what place they lived in, the basement had always been off limits by order of the three originals. At first, everyone thought it was because of Shin and Mihyun’s coffins being down there and had no problems agreeing to the request. Now, however, they were beginning to wonder if maybe there was something else down there. Maybe a book with magic spells.

“Gayun, Hanbi, Nara, Jina,” N sighed, “you four keep looking around the house. We’ll look in the basement.” The girls nodded, more than happy to avoid the basement.

--

“Let’s just get the book and go,” Ravi suggested, “this place creeps me out.” Hongbin nodded, looking around the dark and dank basement. Bora had designed the room to be as creepy as possible to persuade people to stay away. As far as Hongbin and Ravi were concerned, she’d done a good job of that.

The place needed a good cleaning and lights. Lots of lights. The six vampires could hear the sound of something dripping from the farthest side of the basement, but it was too dark and too far to tell what was making the sound. On second thought, they didn’t want to know. Hidden beneath the staircase was a coffin, made of wood that looked to be hundreds of years old.

The six looked at each other, trying to decide who would be the one to open the coffin. No one really wanted to do it, not knowing what was hidden behind the wooden lid. After a long moment, Hyuk finally decided to open the lid. Everyone gathered closer, trying to get a look while still staying far enough back to stay out of harm’s way if something went wrong.

“For a woman who’s been dead for over a thousand years, she looks pretty god,” Ravi commented once the lid was off.

It was true. Other than the old blood stains on her outdated clothing, Mihyun looked like she was only sleeping, like she would open her eyes at any moment. It was creepy and clearly caused by ancient magic. N wondered what kind of spell she’d had to cast to get this kind of result.

 “It’s not here,” Leo frowned, trying to find it without actually putting his hand in the box with Mihyun. Despite himself, even Leo was a bit creeped out by the condition of the witch’s body. As irrational as it was, he was convinced she’d come back to life the second he put his hand anywhere near her.

“Not there.”

“YAY!” the vampires screamed. Even Hyuk let out a yell and it took a heck of a lot to scare him.

Everyone turned to find the ghostly form of Mihyun watching them. they could see right thought her, but she was solid enough that they could make out the detail of her appearance.

“Not there,” she said again, but her lips didn’t move.

“Where is the book?” N asked, catching on to what she meant. Normally, he’d be terrified out of his mind – scary stuff like ghosts and creepy basements had never sat well with him – but this was for Bora, to bring her back to him. His love for the original blinded him to his fear. Normally he’d refuse to accept the witch’s help, but he was lost and needed assistance even if it came from someone who’d almost killed him once.

Mihyun’s ghost said nothing, but she raised her hand, pointing to a box with a padlock on it. The vampires felt stupid for not noticing the boxes sooner, hoping that they could chalk it up to it being too dark to see anything.

“Where’s the key?” N asked again. This time Mihyun couldn’t answer for she didn’t know where Bora had hidden it.

“Where is the key?” N asked again, a bit irritated that she couldn’t help him.

With no more said, Mihyun faded away.

“Damn it all!” N growled, kicking at the ground as if that would make him feel better.

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Hyuk smiled, trying to calm the older, “we can always bust the lock off.” N paused, suddenly feeling stupid that he hadn’t realized that.

A/N: now that N has the book, what is he going to do with it? Use it? Or try to find another way to bring Bora – and her siblings – back? oh! and has anyone else checked out B.A.P's new song '1004 (Angel)? i'm totaly in love with it~