All in Vain

I'll Trade My Soul For You

 

"Good morning, babe!" I greeted my housemate without even trying to look back since well, she's the only person aside of me who's living in this newly bought apartment.

 

"Hoaahhmmm.. Mowninnggg. Why did you wake up so early, darling?" The girl who's shorter than me by an inch yawned and rubbed her eyes cutely.

 

Her raspy voice made me turn my body around. I saw her sitting on the nearby stool, watching me cooking with her sleepy eyes. She's propping her head with her arm and tries hard not to close her eyes again. The sight makes me chuckle but not for long since I still have my healthy and full of nutritious food being cooked.

 

"I'm preparing breakfast for you! It's the least thing I can do to show my gratitude you know." I stirred the egg on the frying pan carefully to prevent the omellete from become scramble egg.

 

"What? By being my slave? Uh come on.. If you really want to be my slave then I prefer you being slave on bed only." She smirked with her half closed eyes. Again, it made me giggle and shook my head slightly.

 

"Tsk! ert already in the morning? I can't believe it." I turned off the stove and placed the well done cooked omelet with cheese on the plate and served it in front of Sunny.

 

"Hmmm.. Smells good! It's been sometime since I ate a proper breakfast. Let's eat together, babe!" Sunny sniffed and smiled seeing my perfect art on her plate. She quickly grabbed her fork and knife. She reached out her hands on air, waiting for me to join her.

 

"Tsk! You don't have to state the obvious thing, babe. That's why you look rusty and pale. It's because you often skip breakfast and prefer eating junk food only." I protested. I placed my own plate with food on it and sat in front of Sunny.

 

"You know how hectic my work can be and that's why I didn't think twice when you begged me to accomodate you and! FYI, I'm not rusty!! I'm still energetic, healthy, and full of lust! You can prove it by yourself if you don't believe me." Sunny showed me her not so well-shaped biceps and triceps to me.

 

"Yah! I never begged you! Coincidentally you called me when I just kicked out from my house and no, I don't need to prove it. I'll just believe it like that, thank you. You and your ert thought." I forced a smile. I'm reminded by my family and couldn't help but feeling sad and dejected.

 

"Hey, stop thinking about that, Taeyeon. I'm still here, aren't I? You're not alone in this matter. I believe what they only need is time. There will be moment when they can accept you for who you are. No matter what they do or did or will do, it won't change the fact that you're a part of the family. You're your parent only daughter and the sister of your younger brothers." Sunny understood and coaxed me. She held my hand and squeezed it a bit.

 

"Thank you. How's the omelet taste? Is it good enough?" I changed the topic.

 

"Uhm.. It's edible." Sunny teased me. She shoved another piece of the food into and ate like there's no tomorrow.

 

"That's it? Just edible? Yet you've finished more than half portion of your food when we're just starting to eat. Good lie, babe. Well, white lies supposedly for good reason, right?" I slowly chewed the food and sipped the water to help the food go through my throat. I don't feel like eating since that night yet I force myself to do that because I don't want Sunny to be worried about me.

 

On that unforgettable night, when I was confuse and felt lost, when I didn't know where I could run to, Sunny came as my savior, my hero and life saver. She called me, asking me what I was doing at that time. Since I was crying badly, she could recognize the change of my voice easily. She attacked me with uncountable questions and I lost improvisations to lie to her. I finally told her the truth and in a zap, Sunny picked me up and brought me to her apartment.

 

Since then, I've been living under the same roof with her. It's already a week and so far, everything is going well and steady. Nevertheless, just as what I've mentioned above, she's an actual ert, the mastermind of ert or anything you may call it. I've told you that we're housemate, not roommate so it means I sleep in different room from her. At first, she persuaded me to sleep together with her but knowing her for some time made me know her inside out. I knew what she thought of just by looking at her face expression. And yes, I acknowledge I wouldn't be safe I sleep with her if you know what I mean.

 

How am I? How's my life? You can say I'm wrecked and broken. I still feel sad and shattered almost every night since that day, the doomsday, the day when I can even be called parentless or an orphan. None of my family tried to contact me up until now. I don't know what Dad has done to them until the rest of my family members act like they don't care anymore about my well-being, or maybe in fact they don't care for real? It hurts so much just to think about it.

 

There's no night passed smoothly without me crying silently inside my room with my head under the pillow or blanket to prevent Sunny from hearing my sobs and sniffs. As I've promised, I didn't bring anything which isn't mine, which are being bought by parents. I didn't bring my bike, my old yet still useful clothes, and such. The worst is, I also left my heart inside that house and I know I can't retrieve it back. I don't know what to do to get rid of this longing feelings I experience for my family. It's much more sensitive for me when it comes to family problems.

 

I never once stop holding back neither myself not to visit my house again nor my brothers' universities. Honestly, it's so damn hard! It's like my body has its own command to do that and there's nothing I can do to dodge it. Sunny understands my place but she never wants to touch that matter and I thank her for that. She often gives stares with hidden meaning to me but she chooses to pretend not to know. She knows that I'm still fragile and she's more than willing to protect me from being broken more than I already am now. She's nice, isn't she?

 

My hands are so itchy, trying to call one of my family members over and over again yet like how I hold my body not to visit them, I also do the same to my hands. I wish I can just dispose their numbers from my phone yet I can't. Why? Because even if I have it erased, it can't change the fact that I can remember each and every number of their contact numbers, so it's kind of useless to do that, no?

 

"Shut up, it's just me being hungry and coincidentally there's an untouched food in front of you. Logically, you'd grab the food no matter how horrible it would taste, right? Right." Sunny argued back but I was too busy with my own world, the world which can't even be touched by me.

 

"Baby? Hey.." Sunny snapped her fingers to gain my attention.

 

"Huh?" I pretended to yawn to hide my tears from her yet I know I'd fail anyway.

 

"Are you okay? Still thinking of your family, hmm? I'm sorry I can't do much for you. Maybe I can say that I understand but I'm not really in your place so I don't know how it feels actually." Sunny sadly stated. She put aside her empty plate and gave a somber gaze to me.

 

"You've done too much, babe. I'm sorry for ruining your mood. It's just kind of hard to adapt to the new situation I'm in now. In no time, I'll be okay. Don't be sad. It's enough for having a sad person, both of us sad and we can even make a tragedy movie here." I tried to stretch sideways so she would like a smiling girl.

 

"Hahaha.. Very funny, Kim Taeyeon but yes. I'll help you to adapt and I'm sure I will have the full of confidence, passionate, independent Taeyeon pretty soon. Now, let's prepare to work. I have an urgent meeting today." Sunny piled up the dirty plates and mugs and brought it to the sink.

 

"Let me wash it while you're taking a bath and be quick, please?" Sunny said. She started to dampen the plates first with water before washing it using the soap.

 

"Yes, captain. I'll get ready now!" I saluted at her. I approached her to hug her from behind and left a peck on her right cheek before running to take the towel and taking a shower.

----------------------------------------------

 

"Finally!! My project went alive!! Yeaayyy!! Oh holiday, free days, vacation, here I come!!!" Sunny jumped and danced around the living room once she unlocked the front door.

 

"Hey, be careful! You'll get dizzy if you're turning around on the same spot too long!" I warned her. I took off my shoes and chuckled at her childish act. Tell me again about her age? I'm not sure it's 29 based on her activity now.

 

"I don't care!! I was dizzier when doing that endless project and numerous meetings not to mention unlimitied lectures from my boss!" Sunny ignored my remark and continued doing what she's doing until my words came true. She stopped and clutched her head. She giggled and plopped her body to the sofa with her eyes glued on the ceiling.

 

"See? I told you not to do that yet you're too stubborn or maybe too childish to even listen to me. Wait, I'll get you water." I went to the kitchen to fetch her water to make better.

 

"And I replied that I don't care! Thanks' for the water. You're the best, babe." Sunny took the water and drank it until it's empty.

 

"Fiuh! At least my boss rewarded me with a week off. It's not enough but it will make for the torturing months I've passed." Sunny put down the glass and leaned her head on my shoulder.

 

"I'm happy for you. Your hard work has been paid off. Your goal has been achieved and you're given some days off by your boss. You got bonus for what you've done too. What else that you want?" I in reflex held her waist and brought her closer. I rested my hand on her waist and averted my head for a moment to kiss her crown.

 

"Yeah, you're right. So do you intend to give me present too, baby??" Her tired sound changed into a more energetic one and it made suspicious for some seconds.

 

"If I can afford it then sure, I'll give you. What do you want?" I the side of her waist tenderly and I felt her shivered under my touch. God, what was she thinking???

 

Before I continue my story, let me tell you few information first. It's passed my first month living together with Sunny and each day was getting better! Her habit so far is acceptable. She's lazy to cook, she's so busy that she seldom had time to chat with me casually because right after breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we would quickly got up and paid for the meal or when we're at home then she would excuse herself to continue working. I understand that she's a career woman but sometimes I think she's too hard to herself.

 

Aside from that, I keep doing my job as a good lover and guide for her. I watched her doing her things attentively with care. I'd prepare her warm milk and put it on the nightside inside her bedroom. I'd place her pajamas on her bed when she's bathing. I'd wait her until I sometimes fell asleep on the couch with the TV still on. I'd never forget to remind her that she should have quick dinner before sleeping. I'd reheat the food for her while she's changing inside her bedroom. This week was the busiest for her so yeah I understand why she's doing that.

 

To remind you, I didn't do it because I feel indebted to her but because I care. But can I call it love now? I'm not sure yet, or at least not 100 percent since Sunny isn't the only woman who's inside my not so smart brain. Yep, there are Tiffany, Jessica and my family. Undoubtedly, my family occupies the largest space followed by Tiffany and the last but not least, Jessica. It's normal to contemplate about my family knowing my current situation and secondly, Jessica, knowing that she acted weirdly the last time I saw her, but Tiffany?

 

I've tried to figure out as of why Tiffany is still lingering inside my musing. Logically, it's just doesn't make sense. I've never met her for real and we've cut any contact possible, now that I think again, actually we never even called each other nor did skype. So yeah, it means that we communicated through message and what's app only. Oh wow! Only by messages and I feel already that I've fallen head over heels for her. Crazy? Yes, I've figured out that much.

 

What is she doing? What clothes she's wearing? What's the reason behind her beautiful laugh? With whom she's now? How's she? Is she fine and healthy? Has she graduated from the university? What about finding some job afterward? Questions like these keep intruding my mind and since I don't have any answers to that, I can only imagining it by myself. Pathetic, right? Right. Now let's get back to the storyline.

 

"I want you, babe." Sunny with eyes filled of lust stated it oh so seductively. She the corner of her lips and touched my cheek with the back of her hand.

 

"Well you already have me, baby. We're even living under the same roof! So consider your wish granted. Now let's get change!" I abruptly stood up and my trembling legs didn't help me to cover my nervousness resulted from hearing her desire earlier.

 

"Kim Taeyeon stop right there!" Sunny raised her voice at me which made me halted on my spot right at that moment. I hear sounds of her footsteps approaching me.

 

"You definitely know what I meant by that, don't you? We're both adult, Tae, very fine grown up it is. You are an author or rated stories so cut out the pretense please?" Sunny walked and stood in front of me. The lust in her eyes is still there.

 

"Do you not want me that much? Am I not attractive enough for you? Am I that ugly until you have reason to take me? Am I that disgust-"

 

"Stop it, baby. You know that's not true. You're beautiful, amazing, attractive, splendid, gorgeous, and anything positive word as long as it can describe your flawless figure." I covered with my palm.

 

"Then why? It's been sometime we're living together. You wanted to sleep in separate room and I complied with your request. You always pulled away whenever our kisses proccess were getting intense and I never even once protested. You always indirectly slapped my hands away if it automatically slipped inside your shirt but then again I ignored my pride and pretended that everything was well. And now I want you badly but rejection is all I get in return. Why, Taeyeon-ah?" Sunny exasperatingly said. Her face expression turned gloomy and it made me feel guilty. Am I that bad as a lover?

 

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I've failed to be a good lover for you. I'm too selfish that I never thought you'd be that hurt because of me. Let me fix it for you, okay? Can you give me another chance to prove how much I feel fond of you?" I cooed and came closer. I embraced Sunny and wrapped my hands around her waist.

 

"What do you mean? Why does it sound like you want us to part?" Sunny pushed me away and asked with a serious face.

 

"I mean what I've said. I've failed noticing your every gesture which hid precious meaning so now I beg you for another chance if you know what I mean." I tilted her chin a bit and slowy kissed her.

 

"Do you mean you're willing to-" I silenced her with another kiss.

 

"Yes, but only if you're willing too." I detached my lips off of her and smiled.

 

"I've been waiting for that since years ago so I have confidence that I the most willing here." Sunny like usual crept up her hands inside my shirt but this time I didn't push it away. I feel weak and shivering but the sensation isn't unlikeable.

 

"Shall we continue it on bed? Your room or mine?" I let go of her lips yet the distance of our lips is close to none.

 

"Let's use mine first then we can try your room. How about it, huh?" Sunny murmured while trailing kisses on my neck.

 

"Feisty but I like it." I commented and carried her off the ground, heading to her room and yes that night we uhmm.. Can I say make love? Or ? Oh well whataver you prefer to say.

--------------------------------------------

 

"Did you call for me, Sir?" I plunged in my head in between the door and asked the man who's sitting not far away from the door, looking so serious reading documents on his seat.

 

"Yes. Come in, Taeyeon and please close the door before you sit." I saw Yoochun closing the document and saved in inside his drawer. I took steps forward and sat on the vacant seat in front of his table.

 

"Is there anything you want to say to me? I've submitted the report just 2 days ago. Errmm.. Are you somehow feeling disatisfied with my report?" I fidgeted with my fingers, feeling afraid of being scolded and lectured for being a careless employee. A chuckle made me look up.

 

"Relax, Taeyeon. Since when I've ever summoned you to critic you about your report, huh? If that's not clear enough, the only thing I did was only praising you for your perfect work, didn't I? So yeah, it's actually not about job thingy." Yoochun leaned back on his seat.

 

"Right. Hehehe.. Sorry." I grinned at my boss slash best friend in work.

 

"So I've heard about you and her." Yoochun started. I didn't show any sign and allowed him to continue.

 

"Sunny, the HR Specialist. So I have a question, are you two are an item?" Yoochun carefully asked me. He fixed his position and moved his seat toward the table to stare at me closer.

 

"Ermm.."

 

"Be honest with me please and if you're wondering how could I know this, let's just say we gay have our own communities and our gaydar never fails to detect our fellow, you know people who are gay too." I nodded at his statement even up until now I still don't know how to recognize gay people using my gaydar. Ermm.. Is it because my signal is still weak? Oh well...

 

"So I just need an affirmation because as much as I like to gossip with my gay friends, I prefer to hear it directly from its source. Let me repeat the question then, are you and Sunny have a special relationship?" Yoochun was being so careful and I thank him for that. I feel comofortable to tell him my story, especially about my preference but I never tell him my personal story as with whom I'm currently with and such.

 

"Yes, I do. If I may ask, why did you ask about this out of nowhere?" I asked him back. If I'm not mistaken or misjudge, Yoochun has a more like disappointed face expression instead of a happy one knowing that I've partner now. What happened?

 

"So it's true." He let out a sigh.

 

"Hey, why do you sound sad and disappointed about my relationship with her? Shouldn't you feel glad because I'm not longer a loner now." I chuckled, trying to lighten up the atmoshpere yet it's a failure attempt.

 

"I'm afraid I have a bad news for you. I don't ask you to believe me completely but I suggest you to ask her for the confirmation about the statement I'm about to say to you. Are you ready, Taeyeon-ah?" Yoochun's words make me afraid but curiosity wins against my fear. I slowly nodded my head and asked him to say whatever he wanted to say to me.

 

"Sunny has a fiancé already." I was still immobile with my blank eyes. I couldn't comprehend the bad news either because it was too short, too shocking, or too unbelievable.

 

"Look. I know you may not trust my words. That's why I've prepared this for you." Yoochun reopened his drawer and took a thing which looked like a photograph paper.

 

"See this for yourself and I'm open for any insult or mortification after." Yoochun dragged the photo to me.

 

There it is. There are two people inside the photo, a man and a woman whom I know more than well. We've passed the highest stage thou couple of days ago so how couldn't I recognize her, huh? The couple wore matching beach attire. They were in the beach based on the background behind them. I can see shoreline, wave, white sand, and my broken heart. There they were looking so happy to show their couple rings or should I say engagement rings? I feel my heart shattered again for the nth time that I feel numb. I feel nothing, an absolute nothingness.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, are you okay? Listen, I don't mean to harm you but it's better to tell you now than later right? Before you decide to further your relationship with her. The impact will be multiplied if you know it when you've fallen for her or when you almost propose her and such." Yoochun nudged my arm yet I didn't react.

 

"Tae-"

 

"I'm fine, Sir. It hurts but I'm sure I will be okay in no time. If I may ask, can I go home early today?" I forced a smile.

 

"Of course. You can even take one of two days off if you need it." Yoochun answered me with his eyes are still trying to pry what I feel actually.

 

"I will consider the offer then. Lastly, can I take this photo with me?" I tried not to grasp this picture too tightly. I don't want Yoochun to see my real emotion because I myself too don't know what I can do about this once I meet Sunny later.

 

"Take it, Taeyeon. It's yours." Yoochun gave me a permission and I again forced a smile which couldn't even reach my ears.

 

"Thank you-"

 

"Taeyeon-ah, please don't pretend to be strong. It's painful seeing you like this. I may be your boss in the company but I can also switch to be your best friend whenever you want me to. I'm here, Tae. I have 5 senses not to be wasted away you know. I have my eyes to watch after my best friend, my ears to listen to your story, my nose to smell the strangeness of your behavior, my tongue to advise you, and skin to touch you and give you comfort whenever you need it." Yoochun got up from his seat and hugged me tightly.

 

"It hurts, Yoochun-ah. It feels so damn hurt to be deceived and stepped on like this. What sin I've made in life before until I have to have cruel destiny like this? My parents disown me and my lover cheat on me, or maybe she's the one who's cheating with me. I don't know. I don't know and I don't want to know anymore." I gripped his shirt and dampened it with my tears.

 

"I understand, Taeyeon-ah. Pour it out now, I'm here for you." Yoochun soothed me and rubbed my back.

 

"My first love despised me, the person whom I thought potential to be my true love doesn't want to meet me and now,, *sobs*" I can't continue further and continue crying on his shoulder.

 

"Be strong, Taeyeon-ah. You're not alone, you will never be alone. Even if I weren't here, you'd still have God who will constantly accompany you and be with you whenever and wherever you are." Yoochun tried to calm me down but it didn't succeed since the velocity of my falling tears aren't slow down a bit.

 

"God? How can He still be here when I've defied him, Yoochun-ah? He doesn't like deviate lamb, Yoochun. He might be there for normal people but not for people like us, like you and me so yeah I have to accept that I'm really alone in this matter. No parents, no lover, no God, nothing." I cried harder hearing myself saying those hurtful words.

 

"Don't say that please, Taeyeon. It's not true. God is as near or even nearer than our pulse. He's out there for you and me. All you need to do is believe and have faith in Him. Go to church and pray, ask Him what you have to do with your problems. Trust me, you'll feel much better after that." Yoochun pulled away and managed to prevent more tears from coming down. He grabbed some sheets of tissues on his table and used it to wipe my tears off.

 

"Thank you, Yoochun-ah. You're the only person I can trust right now. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't there." I cleaned the remaining tears from my face and decided to continue crying later.

 

"You don't have to worry about that because I will always there for you. You can leisurely interrupt me in my room and I won't mind. Or if you need me outside of work, I'm just one phone call away, Tae." Yoochun patted my shoulder gently.

 

"Uhm.. Thanks'. I think I have to go now. I don't want people to accuse me having affair with my boss. My name isn't exactly good you know. Don't want to worsen it by hanging here too long." I smiled more sincerely this time.

 

"You don't need to listen to their arbitrary judgments. Let the dog barks as loud as it wants yet don't let them affect you. You are a good person and don't change that just because those unimportant people, okay? I know you better than that." Yoochun ruffled my hair like a brother treated his younger sister.

 

"Yes, Sir!!" I saluted.

 

"Good! Don't act carelessly, Tae! Don't distract your problem with alcohol and such. You better knocking my house in the middle of the night in sober state than finishing your night alone accompanied by alcohol. Do you hear me?" Yoochun warned me.

 

"I'm not that brainless you know. I know it's stupid to do that so don't worry, I won't let alcohol interfere my problems." I told him.

 

"I'm happy to hear it then. Take care, Tae and take some days off please and be back here with positive aura, a cheerful and happy go lucky Taeyeon I once knew, okay?" Yoochun winked at me. He's so kind and a very loving boss. In spite of my endless bad luck, I guess he's the good luck version given by God.

 

I got out from Yoochun's office room with so many things clouded inside my mind, not the good one obviously. I walked to my cubicle and gathered all my things. I shoved it messily inside my purse and headed to the elevator. The elevator dinged and the door slide open with Jessica inside it. Unlike any other day, this time I didn't even want to take a quick glimpse to her direction. I entered the elevator and pressed the LG button. I felt eyes sharply looking at me and yes I knew it was coming from Jessica but that's the least I could think of now.

 

Since I close to always go back and forth to the office together, it makes me have to hail a cab or choose public transportation to go back. I don't want my embarrassing state to be seen by strangers so I think I'll choose cab for now. I look around and reach out my hand to stop a yellow sedan. I climb on and lean back, telling the driver the address of Sunny's apartment which probably will be visited by me for the last time today. I still have the photograph inside my palm. The condition isn't that good anymore. I've subconsciously gripped it too hard on the way to the lobby before.

 

If Sunny happens hasn't reached home, what should I do? Should I just pack and leave her a farewell letter saying my true feelings and how I feel so offended for her not so white lies? Or should I wait for her to come home to talk it out. I don't want what if's words disturb me just how I've experienced with Tiffany. I get rid of those thoughts and determined to just rethink about it later when I've arrived.

 

Luckily my tears are saved up for now so yeah, I'm more than sure I can pour it out more rapidly if I need it soon. Actually, it depends on how Sunny elaborate her advocacy. If it's proven that the man is indeed her fiancé then I'm more than ready to let the tears flow one more time but if it happens the man is only her ex than I will feel relieved and happy. However, my intuition says that it will be the former but yeah, I still have some faith left in me. I just can hope my faith won't betray me. Sunny-ah, please don't break my already ruined heart?

-----------------------------------------------

 

So sorry for the short chapter and my broken promises.. I didn't slip Tiffany in and I haven't answered whether Sunny is good or not. I actually want to reveal it now but I'm afraid too long chapter will be boring and such so yeah, this time I make it short because of that reason.

Secondly, I think I will finish this story first before deciding to update my other stories. Why? I'm sorry it's a private matter and I hope you don't mind with that.

My ongoing stories will be updated so rest assure!! ^^ When? Uhmm,, can I not answer it? Hhehehe..

Don't forget to say a few words regarding this chapter~ Please do put comment, okay? XD

From the last chapter onward will be filled with drama so for drama lovers, congratulations but for the one who dislike it then please try to read it first, if you still dislike it at the end then, sigh~ There's nothing I can do about it, is there? T.T

Thank you for reading, liking, voting, subscribing, and commenting!! I love you guys!! :*