Eternal

I'll Trade My Soul For You

 

I take a glance at my wrist watch for the umpteenth time for the last two hours. I keep looking and afterward, I will just end up sighing. Why is today seemed so long compare to other previous days I've passed? Is it because it's Friday? Nope. Is it because today's work is too hectic and too much? Nope. Is it because I'm close to have nothing to do since Yoochun is abroad? Nope. But it's because today will be the day where I'll meet my savior, my hero, the love of my life, my salvation, and no, it isn't Jesus obviously. Because I'm not ready to be called by Him.. But it's Tiffany!! Tiffany Hwang. Oh Lord I still can't believe I'll finally meet her!!

 

I sigh again seeing it's only 4.30 pm and it seems that God doesn't full agree with my meeting because today's is a busy day. There are many reports due on the same day for next week. I haven't even stopped typing, thinking, and frowning since this morning. The moment I stopped was when I got a break to have lunch which I passed it with Jessica this afternoon. Jessica has been surprisingly clingy with me since yesterday's reconciliation. Why? Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer. I want to know why but since the thoughts of meeting Tiffany keeps bugging me, I don't think I have a spare time to think about Jessica. Mian, friend :(

 

Oh come on! I want to go home!! And why is the report can't seem to meet its end? I don't want to bring my work home... But wait! If I bring it home, it means I won't have time to drink or do anything stupid such as daydreaming, talking to my dookong, and watching some random shows I don't even know the name. I pressed enter and didn't forget to save my work. I shut down my computer and checked my belongings inside the purse. Perfume checked! Comb checked! Simple make-up tools checked! And the last but the most important one, credit card checked! With a smile decorating my face, I stood up from my seat and straightened up the crumples on my pants.

 

"Taenggoo!!" I heard Jessica called me and it made me turn around.

 

"Yes? Hey you're done for today?" I asked while waiting for her to stand up in front of me.

 

"Yep! Thankfully today's work isn't that much so I can freely enjoy my weekends. How about yours?" Jessica comfortably linked her arm with mine and led me walking to the elevator.

 

"You're so lucky! I got mountains of work. I even decided to bring it home and do it on weekends. Oh well, here comes trouble." I scoffed and she giggled.

 

"Cheer up! I can come over and help you doing your work if you want. I have nothing to do anyway." Her offer made me startled for a bit.

 

"Eeh??" I asked her with confusion. We're waiting for the elevator now and it looks like she likes the feeling of linking her arm with me since she doesn't let it go up until now.

 

"Wae? You don't want me to come to your place? Come on, Taeng! I never visited your new apartment! And you called yourself my best friend? Tsk! Shameless!" I smiled hearing her calling herself my best friend. Just yesterday we agreed to save that for later but maybe our situation has back to normal that she could blurt it out so casually. It's not that I disagree after all.

 

"Hahaha.. It's not that. Ara ara,, I'll let you know if I got trouble with the work and send you my apartment address. How's that?" I nudged her waist to send her signal that the elevator is here. I met her eyes when I looked sideways. Does it mean that she's watching when we're talking since... No no, that's not possible.

 

"Not good enough! Since you're the one who's need my help, it'll be fair only if you come to my house and pick me up." Jessica stepped into the elevator followed by me.

 

"Tsk! What a demanding princess you are. Fine, I'll send you message and pick you up, that if I need your help. If not then don't expect me to come." I stuck out my tongue at her.

 

"You'll need it, Taeng. You'll need it." Jessica relaxed and leaned her back. She nodded in full confident.

 

"Anyway, where are you going after this?" Jessica broke the silence when the elevator was still going down.

 

"Why?" I didn't answer her. I don't think I have sufficient time to do the interrogation. Once I told Jessica that I'd have a dinner, she would ask with who, I answer who and she would ask how I could know the girl, and the question would go on and on and on and on..

 

"I'm thinking to ask you to dinner if you don't have any plan tonight. I'm hungry and I'm sure you are too. We didn't eat much this afternoon. So?" Jessica walked out and waited for me.

 

"Actually, I already have a plan for tonight, Jessi. So maybe next time?" I softly asked her and she suddenly halted on her spot.

 

"What is your plan???" She abdruptly turned around and asked me. Her sudden act caught me off guard. If not because of my fast reflex, I'm sure by now my lips already bumped onto her lips.

 

"I will have a dinner with a friend." I cleared my throat. I'm blushing and she is too because of the almost kiss each other accident before.

 

"Friend? Which friend? Do I know her?" Jessica eyed me suspiciously.

 

What's wrong with her and her attitude nowadays? It feels like she's possessive, always curious about me, and jealous? All I know, those are hints of love or at least attraction. Fortunately, I know Jessica too well to even ask about her suspicious behavior around me lately. There's no way she would have special feelings like I used to have for her. Why? Well obviously I can still remember how she ran away from me, feeling too scared to even reject me properly. That alone should be enough to define her true feelings for me, no

 

"She's my longtime reader whom I met in AFF. I've known her for some time and this would be my first meeting with her." I said day dreamingly, forgetting the fact that Jessica was glaring at me.

 

"What's her name?" Jessica didn't react to my answer.

 

"Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang." I smiled after mentioning my favorite words in the world. It feels right, amazing, and addicting to say her name with my lips.

 

"Are you sure she's just your reader and friend? Because your face is telling otherwise." Jessica stated. She moved and stood up in front of me, staring at me so sharply.

 

"Yes, I'm sure." I nodded to convince Jessica. I hid the continuation of my sentence which should have been, 'even though deep inside, I hope I can be more than just friend.'

 

"Can I tag along?" Jessica asked me. I again surprised by her bluntness.

 

"Eh? I- wh-why do you want to come along? You don't know her and she doesn't know you either." I hope Jessica wouldn't push me to say yes. I want to have dinner with Tiffany, just the two of us without any additional person, not even someone who I used to love.

 

"So I'm right. You are maybe friends but deep inside you hope you can be more than just friends with Tiffany." Jessica nodded at her statement and continued walking to the lobby. She stopped once she realized I was still on the same spot.

 

"Are you coming?" She turned around and tapped her feet impatiently.

 

"Oh sure!" I quickened my steps and walked beside her.

 

"What time will the dinner start?" Jessica asked. We're walking hand in hand to the parking area. It's understandable for me for I bring my bike but why is she following me here? And why again she interlace her hand with me?? O.O

 

"Uhm.. At 7. Why? And why are you here? You bring your car, so you should go to car parking area, not here." I said while searching for my baby blue scooter.

 

"It's still 5 now. Can you give me a lift? I didn't bring my car with me today." Jesica hesitantly asked. She looked everywhere but my eyes. Did I hear it right? She didn't do it purposely, did she? Naah.. Why must she did it in the first place?

 

"What's wrong with your car? But I don't have 2 helmets with me." I found my bike and opened the baggage to retrieve my jacket.

 

"The engine isn't working well. Maybe I'll have it serviced tomorrow. And about that! Don't worry, I've been prepared for it!" Jessica said it cheerfully. She went to the locket and took a helmet from that. Wait!! Why did she bring helmet? So she did it on purpose alright. But why? Ah why should I think negatively when she just said the reason. Her car is damaged. There, Kim Taeyeon! Don't be too full of yourself.

 

"It's still 5 pm and the distance from here to my place isn't that far. Supposedly if you can make it quick, you can still make it on time, right?" Jessica put on her helmet while I'm still confuse and can just wondering what she'll do next.

 

"Uhm.. It's okay if you can't drive me home, Taeng. I'll just hail a cab. I don't want to ruin your first dinner date anyway." Jessica exclaimed sadly. She took off her helmet again and bit her lower lips hard.

 

"No no.. Sure! I can drive you home first before going to the restaurant. Hop on!" I grabbed her hand and signaled her to sit on my back. What was I thinking of? No matter how I can't wait to meet Tiffany, Jessica is still my best friend whom I know longer than Tiffany. I just wish I can make it on time though. Huff!!

--------------------------------------------

 

"Thanks' for the ride, Taeng. It's been sometime since the last time you drove me home. I kind of missed it actually." She got off from my bike and I turned off the engine.

 

"You're right. Send my regards to your parents." I took off the helmet, trying to be polite around her.

 

"I will. So.. Uhm,, thank you again." Jessica's face became red. Did I see it wrongly? She's not blushing, is she? I mean,, she doesn't even have a reason to act this way,, except... No no no.. How many times should I tell you, don't be arrogant!!

 

"You've said it twice already. Hahahaha.. No worries, Jessi." I ruffled her hair and smiled warmly.

 

"Do you mind if uhm.." Jessica looked so fragile and shy. What's wrong with her actually?

 

"If?" I tilted my head and asked her to continue.

 

"If I keep asking you to drive me home just like old time but since you have more responsibilities such as paying the apartment rent and all, I will pay for the fuel too.. Errmm.. It's of course if it's alright with you." Jessica reluctantly looked up to meet my eyes but as soon as I saw her, she avoided my gaze again. Okay, it's fixed that she's weird! Period perhaps? Yes, that's must be it.

 

"Hahaha.. Of course I don't mind. Just make sure you bring your own helmet. We will go to and from office together. I'll pick you up at usual time, okay? Yep! Just like old time." I chuckled. I'm happy with our situation now. It's comfortable, even more comfortable than we used to.

 

"Roger to that, Taeng!" Jessica faked a salute.

 

"I have to go now, Jessi. I don't want to look bad in my first meeting. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I took a glimpse to my wrist watch and informed her.

 

"Alright. Drive safely." Jessica answered with a sad look. Is period affecting her that much? I shook my head silently.

 

"I will. Goodbye." I patted her shoulder and took my leave. Just when I was about to put on my helmet, I felt wetness on my left cheek.

 

"Goodnight." Jessica pulled away and ran a little to enter her house. Now I'm sure it's not because period. Well, probably it's her way to show her gratitude or to show her apology for what she had done before. Again, don't be full of yourself, Kim Taeyeon!!

 

I roared my bike machine and sped up to the meeting location. Aaaghh!! I must not be late!! I don't want to have bad impression on our first meeting, not to mention that I was the one who kept forcing her to meet me. If I'm late then I'm dead. What if she doesn't want to meet me again because I didn't stick to my words? I shook my head to keep the bad possibilities away from intruding my mind. I made a swift maneuver and pulled the gas harder.

 

After some crazy driving I just passed, I finally arrive on the restaurant/cafe/lounge. I walked briskly and gave my bike keys to the valet man. He seemed surprised for the vehicle isn't a luxury car but a mere scooter. I leaned in closer and whispered that I have enough money and that I was just too lazy to drive a car due to huge traffic. He looked like he believed in me because he took the keys and nodded before smiling at me. I mouthed a thank you word and ran to the elevator.

 

I went to the bathroom first to tidy up myself, to make myself look more appropriate and edible. Edible? Hehehe.. Who knows Tiffany's appetite will escalate once she looks at my face. Crazy? Yeah, I notice it alright. I applied BB cream, light powder, and beige color lipstick. I smooched and jutted out my lips to make it even. I brushed my hair and made sure that my face looked alright. I smiled seeing my creation on my face. I put the last touch which was spraying perfume all over my body. I use FCUK Friction. The fragrance is sweet and addicting, just like Tiffany for me. Hehehe..

 

"Excuse me, mam. Have you made reservation? Because our restaurant is always full at this hour, just like now." The man who's standing bowed to me politely and asked the question.

 

"Yes, I have a reservation under a name of Kim Taeyeon." The man nodded and looked on the list board which he held inside his palm.

 

"Kim Taeyeon. Table for two near the window, am I right?" He asked and I nodded.

 

"Please follow me." He put down the board and led me passed the tables which mostly had been occupied, either by people who's having family dinner, a couple, business dinner, etc.

 

"Here is your table. And here is the menu. Do you want to order now or maybe you want to wait for your friend to arrive first?" The waiter gave me the menu board and stood up beside the table.

 

"Is it okay if I order later? I want to wait for my friend first." I asked him.

 

"It's okay, mam. Just call me or raise your hand if you need something. Have a good time." He excused himself.

 

I looked at my watch and it's 10 minutes to 7 pm. Whoaa,, you don't have any idea how my heart is rocking right now. It's not beating normally for sure. Exaggerating? I hope I am because, clearly I'm not. My heart is thumping so loudly that it feels like it wants to leave the ribs. I start sweating even the air conditioner works really fine. I clasped my hands together and tried to create a friction to keep myself warm. This nervousness is really killing me. The clock is ticking too slowly and my body doesn't want to cooperate with me. Sigh.

 

As promised, today, my attire is according to plan. In spite that I have to use work attire, I think I still look okay. Not that amazing but okay enough. I wear dark blue blazer with black pants and white shirt underneath. I look sideways and can't help but admiring the city light through the large glass. Yep! This spot is the best one amongst all. It's two rows from the corner and the view of Han River is so distinct from here. I can see the bridge that separate the river in two sides and the building which surrounds the river. It's beautiful and it will look more beautiful once she has arrived.

 

It's Friday so it means there will be live music tonight. Humm,, talking about the romantic view and environment. No wonder, Tiffany felt afraid I would propose her tonight. I chuckle with her thoughts yet quite right mind. I look around and see the band is getting ready. There are only 3 people though. One pianist, one with the violin and the last holds the flute near his mouth. Ah so the theme for today is indeed romantic dinner. I just hope Tiffany won't get awkward later. But then again, is it even possible that girl can be awkward, knowing her ability to bully me? T.T

 

I look around the restaurant once more and by the entrance, I can see a slender figure wearing red strapless dress standing oh so beautifully, even from the back view. Her back looks so smooth and perfect, the waistline looks like S letter, her skin is so white, as white as Snow White, her shoulder length black hair is wavy and falls perfectly. Is she Tiffany? I'm sure she is because there's no one around would wear red dress which color is as red as blood. I can see she's walking toward my table and not even a second I can divert my gaze away from her.

 

"Excuse me, Author. I'm Tiffany Hwang. Kim Taeyeon, right?" I nodded at her question.

 

I'm still dazed but this time for a different reason. The more I look, the more I'm sure that she's not the Tiffany I knew. I mean, Tiffany's picture is so different from the girl.. Wait, is this person even a girl? I can see she doesn't have any distinct s, and .. Is there any apple stuck on that its form can be weird like that? Geez.. Not to mention her eyelashes.. It's fake, isn't it? Oh my, who is this person??? But how come she errmm.. Half she and half he knows my name?! And she even calls me author like Tiffany!

 

"Hello... Can I sit here? It's tiring to stand up for long you know." Oh my, her voice is so low close to bass.. No no,, bass is for a woman.. But she's a woman too, isn't she? If not then the name for her kind I mean his kind of voice is alto.. Aish Taeyeon! You're rude! Tell her or him or whoever it is to sit!

 

"Ah I'm sorry. Please sit, Fany-ah." I stood up and offered my hand.

 

"It's too late for now. Minus one for you, author." She slapped my hand and sat in front of me. Geez, I know she likes to bully me but I never knew she could be rude too.

 

"Have you ordered, author?" She read the menu and looked up.

 

"Not yet. I'm waiting for you." I smiled.

 

"Okay, good point. Plus one. You still have complete grade for now. Shall we order then? I'm hungry." She cleared when her voice sounded too manly? Seriously, is this girl really Tiffany?!!

 

"Su-sure.. Let me take a look at the menu book first then." I took the menu and read it.

 

"Don't be too long. I hate waiting." She said while fixing her fringe.

 

Omo! I'm scared of this version of Tiffany. Come on, Taeyeon! Be brave! You've been waiting too long to meet her and now that you can, why should you be a chicken and coward like this?! I could swear to God that this isn't Tiffany whom I saw on the picture before. How can I be so sure?! Because I always spare my time to stare at her picture every single day! I even have it in my wallet now!! Calm down, Taeyeon. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Remember that you fall in love with her not because of physical appearance, but because of her personality that able to understand you inside and out.

 

"Waiter!!" She raised her hand and I almost fainted at the sight. She didn't shave her armpit?? Omo! That's so many hair on her... I'm speechless now. Can I back out? But it will be too mean. Be strong, Taeyeon!

 

"I want caffe latte and apple pie. How about you?" She put down the menu and waited for me. Didn't she just say that she's hungry? Then why.. Oh the waiter is waiting. I have to order now. Save the questions for later.

 

"I want chocolate milkshake and-"

 

"Hahahha.. What are you? 10 years old boy? Your office attire doesn't match well with milkshake, author-shii." She laughed while mocking me. I looked sideways and found the waiter was trying to hold back his laugh too. What a great dinner date, Taeyeon!

 

"Fine! I will have Creme Brulee Latte with ice and shrimp scampi pizza with extra cheese and with a large-sized thank you." I closed the menu book and gave to the waiter.

 

"Alright. It will take about 15 minutes for the pizza. If there's something else, then please call for me or other available waiters. Thank you." He bowed politely and left our table.

 

"S-so, Fany-ah.." I reluctantly called her who was busy playing with her nails art fingers.

 

"Humm??" She propped her chin with her palm. That collarbone is too obvious and square,, and her biceps and triceps are come out in unison when she fold her hand earlier. Did she workout daily? Or is it even possible that she has a part time job as a personal trainer in gym? Sigh.

 

"Why are you looking so different from your profile picture?" I braced myself and asked her.

 

"So you're saying that my picture looks so much better than the real me?! Did you just tell me that you feel regret to meet me?! That it would be better to never meet at all?! Is that it, Kim Taeyeon?!" She looked so annoyed and uhm.. Angry. Huwaaa.. I wanna go home and meet Mr. Vodka instead!!

 

"No no.. That's not what I meant. What I'm saying is that-"

 

"OOOPPPAAAA!!!!" A loud voice interrupted my explanation. Soon after another girl with the same dress as Tiffany came running.

 

"Yah!! What are you doing here?! And why did you wear my dress?! I have to buy a new yet similar one because of you!!" A girl, a real one now hit Tiffany who's just called oppa? Okay, this is so confusing.

 

"Ouch ouch ouch!! Stop it Fany-ah! We're in the high class restaurant now! You're embarrassing us!" Tiffany oppa and a girl who really looks like Tiffany in my picture are bickering. I can't do anything and just sitting, waiting for them to end the fight first.

 

"But you!! You're the one who's embarrassing me! This supposed to be my dinner with Taeyeon but you stole my dress and it forced me to buy a new one since it's the only red dress I have!! Yaahh! You.. You..." The new coming girl is now pinching the one whom admitted to be Tiffany.

 

"Aww!! Ouch!! It hurts!! Calm down for a moment, will you? Let's sit. We have lots to explain to Kim Taeyeon." The scary version of Tiffany caught both of the beautiful girl's arms and pushed her down to sit.

 

"Look, Taeyeon-shii. You must be confusing now, right?" The scary Tiffany turned to ask me while rubbing her arms, the spot where the girl pinched her previously.

 

"Uhm.. Yeah.. What happened here?" I looked from the beautiful Tiffany to the fake one and vice versa.

 

"I'm actually not Tiffany. My name is Heechul, Hwang Heechul and I'm Tiffany's oppa. She's the real Tiffany." Now I see. No wonder she looks too muscular and bulky to be a woman. Hiii.. I'm shivering to even think to accept Tiffany just the way she is, no matter how manly, bulky, and.. Okay, I'll stop now. Scary...

 

"Yeah, no offend but you look different from the Tiffany whom I often see in the picture." I commented politely.

 

"I'm sorry, author. He's just too curious. Yesterday when we're in the middle of chatting, he snatched my phone away and then he interrogated me about you. Never knew he could do as far as coming here and tricked you. I'm so sorry, author." Tiffany, the real one apologized. I couldn't react, I lost my ability to talk. She's too beautiful, sparkling, and charming to handle. I won't even regret if JC decided to stop my breathe now since I've met the real Tiffany and I'm right. She's so dazzling.

 

"She's possessed by your beauty, Fany. Look, she has opened widely, with her eyes focus on you only, and her nostril expands largely. What more proof do you need?" His comment made me returned from my musing.

 

"Ah I'm so sorry. It's okay, Fany-ah. I understand." I tried to response more quickly now.

 

"Well now that you're here, I think I have to excuse myself, except if you or your Taetae still wants me to be around." Heechul reasoned out while giggling like a girl. Is he even normal???

 

"Taetae??" I recalled the name he just gave me. Eww.. It sounds like a pet name. But I don't think I will mind if Tiffany is the one who calls me that.

 

"No! Go now, oppa! Or I will tell Siwon oppa that you're trying to cheat with a girl!" I chuckled seeing the most hilarious bickering in my life.

 

"Yah! You won't dare!!" The one named Heechul protruded his tongue childishly.

 

"Oh really?" Tiffany took her phone from her purse and tried to dial a number.

 

"No!!! Okay2.. I give up. I'll leave you alone now." He sighed and stood up.

 

"Sorry for ruining your first date with my sister, Taetae. However, you've passed the exam. I hereby myself agreed if someday you want to level up your relationship with Tiffany." He came to my table and patted my head.

 

"Yah!! You better shutting up your mouth or I will really I mean like really contact your boyfriend now!" Tiffany protested.

 

"Anyway, the last time I checked she's still a so make sure you will do it gently tonight, okay?" He squatted and whispered the lustful words into my ear.

 

"Uhm.." I was lost of words and I'm sure by now my face is as red as boiled crab.

 

"Yah! Go away now, oppa! Like N.O.W!!" Tiffany came and pulled one of Heechul ears upward.

 

"Ouwww.. Okay2.." He slapped Tiffany's hand away.

 

"I'll see you around, cutie." He bent his body again a bit to leave a kiss on my cheek and winked afterward.

 

"Be a good girl, Fany. Don't let her lose her feeling for you! She's a nice catch by the way. Good taste! I know I can count on you." He walked back to his earlier table to take his bag.

 

"Shut up! And for your information, we're friends and I plan to stick with that. Go home now! You've made the dinner late and ruined already. Leaving is the least thing you can do for me." Tiffany pouted and she looks so cute. Aaah.. I wanna pinch her right now. Stop thinking dirty, Taeyeon!!

 

"Yeah yeah yeah, like I will believe it. Friends for now and lovers for future. Who knows, right? I'll leave now and I've ordered your favorite just now. Bye Taetae!!" He turned to me and waved his hand.

 

"Bye oppa!" I waved back and he left just like that.

 

"I'm sorry again, author. He's just a jerk as he is. But I still love him. He's a good oppa in real life." Tiffany told me while smiling a little. Now she's the real Tiffany whom I always admire from the picture. I'm sure of that.

 

"Like I've said, it's okay. Besides, it's normal for an oppa to worry about her sister's friends." I smiled gently at her. What is my positive trait? Is it my smile? Or my dimple? My eyes? Aaahh!! I have to know so I can show it to Tiffany in hope she can be mesmerized by it.

 

"Excuse me. One Caffe Latte and apple pie. And one Crème Brule Latte. The pizza will come later. Thank you." The waiter served the food and left.

 

"He still remembers my favorite I see." Tiffany muttered to herself.

 

"Fany-ah, I'm sorry in advance but is it possible that your oppa is a.. Uhm..-"

 

"Yes he is. He's gay, openly gay and he's so proud about that. He's in relationship with Siwon oppa for some time now." Tiffany explained even before I had a chance to ask. For a second, I forgot that she's Tiffany, the person who always manages to read my thoughts and know me better than I know myself.

 

"How long has he been gay?" I asked again.

 

"Uhm.. He admitted it to our parents when he's still in college so it has been about 6-7 years perhaps." She told me. I really can't take my eyes off of her. It's like I'm spelled to set my eyes on her and her only.

 

"And your parents are okay about that?" I asked again.

 

"Yeah, they are okay." Tiffany's statement made me remember about my own family who had heart to go as far as disowning me just because I can't be a normal daughter as they wanted me to be.

 

"Hey, author. It's fine. I'm sure your parents will learn to accept you someday. Cheer up okay?" Tiffany reached out her hand to touch my arm and patted it.

 

"Yeah, I hope so." I smiled in return.

 

"So?" She started.

 

"So?" I repeated.

 

"You said you wanted to meet me and now that we're meeting, don't you have something to say? And please cut the compliments. I know you think that I'm gorgeous, splendid, awesome, beautiful, charming, and such. I hear that too often. Aside from wanting to compliment me, is there anything else that you want to say?" She confidently remarked.

 

"You're so full of yourself, aren't you? Geez.. Don't be too cocky, Fany. You're not that awesome. You're just look normal and ordinary." I tried my best to look sincere so she couldn't detect my lies.

 

"Excuse me. One large pizza with extra cheese?" The waiter asked before placing it on the table. I nodded and let him served the pizza.

 

"Ermm.. Thomas, right?" Tiffany spelled the name she read on Thomas' nametag. The waiter nodded.

 

"Thomas, do you think I'm beautiful or just plain ordinary?" Tiffany without any doubt being brave and asked the waiter.

 

"H-huh? You're beautiful, madam." The waiter at first was startled but provided Tiffany the answer at the end.

 

"Thank you." Tiffany gave her best eye smile and shoved him away.

 

"See? I'm beautiful, Taetae. Don't even try to lie because even if you did, the others are still there to give me an honest answer. It's not a sin to admit and admire the creation of God who's as beautiful as me, you know." Tiffany pulled her chin up and tried to look arrogant.

 

"Hahaha.. Ara ara.. You're beautiful. There, happy?" I chuckled and sipped my coffee.

 

"Not really, because obviously you're not the only person who ever said to me." Tiffany mocked me again.

 

"Hahaha.. So I see you're really Tiffany. Honestly speaking, your brother's attitude isn't that much different from you." I grabbed a slice of pizza and put it on my plate.

 

"Yeah, I figure out that much too. That's why our parents are fed up of us. You know, like brother like sister but none like mom or dad." Her honest words made me laugh.

 

"Shut up, author. At least, I'm better than my oppa. Oh my, you don't even want to know about his attitude. He's like a mutant, I mean I'm sure his cell has mutated somehow." Tiffany's nonsense blabbering made me laugh again.

 

"Okay, enough about my oppa. You shouldn't have asked about him. Now I feel bad for talking negatively about my own sibling. You just made me become a bad sister!" Tiffany pouted. She took her knife and fork to slice the pie.

 

"What?! I didn't ask much about him. You're the one who insisted to explain it." I defended myself. I'm right; the feelings are different from the chat media compare to the real person and yes, it's much better in live.

 

"Tsk! Advocacy as usual. So tell me author, how have you been?" She chewed the pie casually while leaning her back to the back rest comfortably. I adored this sight of her, she doesn't feel awkward at all, not even a bit. It's like we've known each other for the longest. Oh me and my weak heart, how can I not fall deeper with her?

 

"I'm good. Today is surprisingly busy so I have to bring back the work home. How about you?" I took a bite of the pizza and smiled when the taste was better than my expectation.

 

"Same here. Busy day. Tsk, you're so lucky that I've managed my time well so I can meet you tonight." She wore that smug on her flawless face. In normal condition, I would have protested but I can't seem I can now. She's too beautiful to be scolded.

 

"Thank you for your time then." I smiled genuinely.

 

"Whoaaa.. What's wrong with you, author? Did my brother appearance has made you this way? Do you feel attracted with my oppa?? Geezz.. You're really abnormal.." Tiffany rolled her eyes before shoving another slice of pie onto her awaiting mouth.

 

"Author, give me your purse." Seeing I didn't utter a word, she decided to talk again.

 

"What's with my purse?" I frowned yet still did as she ordered me to.

 

"Humm.. Let's see. Perfume, make-up tools, wallet, small mirror, cell phone,..... Okay I can breathe in relief now." She gave back my purse.

 

"Huh?" I placed the purse on the vacant seat beside me.

 

"Judging from your odd behavior right now, it made me really think whether you bring diamond ring or not. Thankfully I can't find a suspicious box inside your purse." Tiffany paused.

 

"Wait!! You didn't put it inside your pocket, did you?? Oh my, author! The restaurant is packed! It will be too embarrassing if suddenly you kneel in front of me, asking me to be your... Aaghh!! I can't even bring myself to say it further!! Just please don't do that author, I beg you. You can do it later when we're already out of the restaurant." Tiffany did a monologue. She took the sugar package and poured it to her latte, but not all. She left the half still inside the package. Maybe she doesn't like her latte to be too sweet.

 

"Just wanna let you know,, I will say no to your proposal so you better think twice before trying to even embarrass yourself in front of me later. Being remembered as Pentium II is shameful enough, isn't it?" Tiffany stirred her latte before slowly sipping it.

 

"Anyway, if you feel burdened or shy to sell it to the same diamond store, feel free to give it to me. I will keep it but I won't wear it. I will just sell it later to different diamond store. I will give back the money to you,, but 75 percent from that is mine! And the 25 percent will be yours. Okay, author?" Tiffany ended her monologue with a sip on her coffee. I'm sure she would feel thirsty after talking in full speed like that.

 

"Hahahha.. What are you talking about, Fany-ah?? I don't bring any diamond ring with me and surely I won't propose you by the way. See? You're just too full of yourself." I barely could contain my laughter. I laughed hard like I never did before.

 

"Ahjumma." She smiled and commented.

 

"Excuse me?" I stopped laughing.

 

Not long after, I could hear some melodious and soft melody song played in the background. No people singing. It's purely instrument yet very beautiful and addicting. It's kokoro no tomo song. Yeah, love is a lullaby but for me it's a nightmare song because obviously I'm always a failure when it comes to love. My expression changed automatically when I remembered the translation of this song, the real meaning behind the kokoro no tomo song.

 

"Author, are you okay? Stop comparing the meaning of the song with your real history. Not every bad start has a bad ending too and vice versa. We only have knowledge to know today's event and the ones which had passed. We don't have ability to know about tomorrow. Tomorrow is yet to be revealed. Don't be a pessimist, author. Who knows what tomorrow hold, right?" Tiffany's words calmed me down. She always knows what to say in the rightest time.

 

"Uhm, thank you Fany. You never failed to make me amused with your ability." I drank my latte again and avoided her gaze. I'm afraid I can't control myself from hugging her if I keep staring at her. I'm not worthy enough and yes, I know it.

 

"Anyway, author. Are your blazers have holes like that?" Tiffany's questioned startled me. The song has reached its last verse by now.

 

"Huh?" I put down my cup back and knitted my eyebrows.

 

"Try to raise your left arm a bit. If I'm not mistaken, I saw a quite big hole right there." She pointed to my left armpit. I did as she said and rose my left arm.

 

"Okay! The girl right there! Please come to stage, mam!" Out of nowhere I feel every eye on me. I look around and the band's members too are looking at me. ! What's happening now?

 

"Looks like someone just agreed to sing in front of many people. Hahahha.." Tiffany suddenly told me.

 

"Yah! You you!! What have you done to me!? What-"

 

"Please come up to stage mam. Everyone's waiting for you." The girl who held the mic repeated.

 

"Just wait! I'll make you pay, Hwang." I threatened her and she stucked out her tongue at me.

 

"So tell me, what's your name?" The girl asked me. I'm on the stage now, trying to compose myself not to jump to Tiffany and pinch her wildly. Geez! That girl!!

 

"Kim Taeyeon." I answered shortly.

 

"I'll call you Taeyeon, okay?" I nodded at her.

 

"My name is Seohyun and I play piano. That is Yoona and she plays flute while Yuri plays violin. So tell us, what do you want to sing tonight?" She gave the mic to me and I took it.

 

"Sing?" I talked on the mic and everyone laughed.

 

"Ah! I know! I see you sitting with a beautiful girl right there. Is she your girlfriend somehow?" A girl named Yuri stood up and came in between me and Seohyun.

 

"She's just a friend." I answered timidly.

 

"Ah.. She's a friend but somehow you want to be more than just that. I knew a gay when I see one because I'm a gay myself." Yuri put away the mic and said those inside my ears. I blushed almost immediately.

 

"Tell me, Taeyeon-ah, with what song do you want to serenade your crush?" It's Yoona's turn to ask. Aish! Why is only Seohyun who has the best attitude around here. Just kill me this instant, JC. I can't bear the shame T.T

 

"Erm.." I hummed while thinking. What should I sing? This is too surprising! Aish! If not because of Tiffany, I wouldn't be showered in shame like now. I'm not even that confident with my singing ability. I rarely sing in the bathroom, moreover in front of public like now! Yah! That girl!! That hisshh!! I gritted my teeth like there's no tomorrow.

 

"So? There's no way you would sing Barney song, right? Even the lyric is simple and memorable, but still it'd be too embarrassing if you ask me." Yoona teased me and again it made the people laughed, including Tiffany. Grrr!!

 

".................." I braced myself and whispered the title of the song I want to sing inside Yoona's ear.

 

"Good choice." Yoona pulled back and announced it to the others secretly.

---------------------------------------------------

 

"If tomorrow never comes. Will she know how much I loved her? Did I try in every way to show her every day? That's she's my only one. And if my time on earth were through. And she must face this world without me. Is the love I gave her in the past gonna be enough to last if tomorrow never comes." I sang it whole heartedly while closing my eyes.

 

"Cause I've lost loved ones in my life. Who never knew how much I loved them." My mind went back to my families. Do they know how much I love them if one day God calls me back to his eternal house and makes me never returns?

 

"Now I live with the regret that my true feelings for them never were revealed." A tear escaped my eye yet I keep wanting to continue the song until it reaches its end.

 

"So I made a promise to myself. To say each day how much she means to me. And avoid that circumstance where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel." I automatically gazed at Tiffany who smiled back at me.

 

"If tomorrow never comes. Will she know how much I loved her? Did I try in every way to show her every day? That's she's my only one. And if my time on earth were through. And she must face this world without me. Is the love I gave her in the past gonna be enough to last if tomorrow never comes." I keep my gaze at Tiffany and Tiffany only. It's like we're the only people who are inside the restaurant. No waiters, no people having dinner, no nothing.

 

"To tell that someone that you love. Just what you're thinking of. If tomorrow never comes." I ended the song with tears still streaming out from my eyes. Soon after, clapping sounds could be heard.

 

"Wow!! Just wow, Taeyeon-shii!! Your voice is heavenly!! The song is so touching plus you're the one who's singing it. I'm crying too here. Oh my, this is embarrassing!" Yuri still clapped her hands along with the others.

 

"Thank you." I bowed to the audience and lastly I turned around just to find Tiffany staring at me. She gave me two thumbs up together with best her eye smile.

 

"We want more!! We want more!!" Yoona gave sign to the audience to mimic her. Oh I'm so doomed!

 

"We want more!! We want more!!" The audience started to cheer and I really don't know what to do.

 

"So, Taeyeon-shii. Will you please fulfill their innocent request?" Seohyun asked me politely.

 

"Ermm.. I-" I looked at Tiffany and she nodded her head. Sigh. If she too wants me to sing another song, then how can I say no? T.T

 

"Okay then." I nodded my head weakly.

 

"What's the title now?" Yuri asked me vividly. Wow, she looks excited.

 

"When you say nothing at all." I mentioned the title and returned to my seat to sing my second song. It's gonna be a long night. Fiuh..

-----------------------------------------------

 

"Are you cold?" I asked Tiffany. We're now walking along the well known river which is of course Han River.

 

"Uhm.. I forgot to bring my jacket with me." Tiffany said while looking at me. The city light that is reflecting on the river surface is illuminating around her, makes her more dazzling and sparkling than before. And if you ask me, well the answer is yes, she looks more beautiful now.

 

"Here. You can wear my blazer." I took away my blazer and draped it around her shoulder.

 

You know the law of attraction? I used not to believe in that but experiencing it myself makes me change my mind. I think it does happen in real life. Looking up above, there are countless stars shining at us with the full moon millions of km away from us. It's perfect! Everything is perfect! It's on its right place! Thank you Lord for making this possible.

 

"Is it even free of germs? You've been wearing this since morning, right? And now it's late. Ewyyhh.. Imagine how many kind of germs are there." She wrinkled her nose and pinched it with her fingers.

 

"Give it back if you don't want to!" I pouted and stepped forward to take it back but she held it with her hands.

 

"I never said I didn't want it. Thank you, author." She gave me her eye smile again. Ugh, I feel like I'm gonna fainted in any moment.

 

"I'm sorry." She stopped moving and turned around to face me.

 

"Why?" I turned too, following her movement.

 

"I made you singing earlier. I thought your voice would be horrible. Unfortunately, it's not." She stated honestly.

 

"Hahaha.. What would you do if my voice is terrible indeed? You'd mock me endlessly, right? Tsk! Bad Hwang!" I flicked her forehead playfully. She grinned and started to walk again.

 

"So, author. What will you do if tomorrow never comes?" She still had her gaze to the pavement while asking this.

 

"Uhm.. Just like the song said, I'll try to try every way to show the one I love everyday that's she's my only one. I'll make sure that the love I've given to her gonna be enough to last. What about you?" Out hands keep grazing with each other and it urges me to hold her hand but I know I can't. I don't want to make her afraid of me. It's still the first meeting, Taeyeon! You will have plenty of that later. Be more patient! Tiffany is worth every sacrifice and minute of your time.

 

"I want to make sure I have nothing to regret. But different from you, I want to be gone completely a day before so no one can remember me. If possible, I want to erase each and every people's brain who used to know me so they won't even realize that I've gone from this life." Her gloomy answer made me turned my head sideways.

 

"Hey, don't say that. Nothing last forever but memories stay still. If you're gone, the least thing you can give your loved ones is memory about you so they can always smile whenever they are reminded about you and the not so normal things you did." I nudged her arm.

 

"You don't understand, author. Sigh. Just let it go. Pretend that I never said those." Tiffany heaved a sigh. From the corner of my eyes, I can see glistening water comes down from her eyes. Is she crying?

 

"There's a bench right there. Let's sit" I grabbed her hand and occupied the bench with her beside me. I still haven't let go of her hand though. Her hand feels cold yet it still feels right. It's like her hands are created to hold mine because it fits perfectly.

 

"Author, go and seek a better girl. You can find plenty of girls who are better than me, who can be beside you 24/7, who can love you unconditionally." Tiffany took away her hand from my grasp and wiped away her tears with the same hand.

 

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered. Did she just say that she knew my feelings? My true feelings for her? Bu-but.. But how? I mean-

 

"I know, author. I know. Even if I don't have that ability, I'm not that blind you know. I'm sure everyone can detect your feelings easily since you're an easy person too." She slipped in her familiar humor and chuckled.

 

"Both of the songs you sang to me earlier are more than enough to proof it." She added more seriously this time.

 

"Hmm.. Since you knew that I lo-"

 

"Don't say it, author. I'm afraid our relationship will be drifted apart once you spill those forbidden words. Please? I beg you this time." She turned to look at me and more tears are wetting her face. She looks so sad. But why? I thought she would be better in rejecting me compare to Jessica but I guess I'm wrong. Jessica still gave me a chance to confess before she decided to run away but her? She didn't even allow me to say it because she has stopped me before I could even say I love you.

 

"Why?" I hold back my tears by clutching the edge of my shirt. My knuckles turn white for I'm gripping too hard.

 

"The answer is like your song title. If tomorrow never comes." Tiffany looked at me and brushed my tears with her thumbs.

 

"What do you mean?" I hold her hands on my cheeks to prevent her from taking it away.

 

"Like I've said, no one know what tomorrow holds. Unfortunately, I'm not like ordinary people. I know when my tomorrow never comes. If we still insisted then what if one day my time has come? I knew yet you didn't. I just don't want to make you sad, author. I'd never do anything which would cause you bad things, remember? I'm doing it right now. I'm a bad thing for you and that's why you must not have me." My grip on her hands became weak and that's when she took back her hands from my face.

 

"I don't understand. Just tell me right to my face if you don't feel the same way, Fany. You don't need to make me feel stupid like now." I looked ahead and took back my words. This night is the worst and I don't believe in the law of attraction thingy.

 

"My time is nearing. In short I don't have much time to live on earth any longer. That's the reason why I always said no whenever you asked to meet. Let's just say, I don't want to regret and I know if I keep insisting to say no, I'd regret it because I have the same intention to meet you too." Tiffany held my hand. She put her hand on top of mine.

 

"But what if-"

 

"There's no what if, Taeyeon-ah. It's not that I'm not returning your feeling, it's just that I can't because I know it will hurt both of us at the end." She held my hand tighter and it made me crying more. The tears know no ends and I'm not intending to make it stop either.

 

"It's okay if you can't return your feeling but please don't say about death so recklessly like that, Fany-ah. I can't even imagine life without you." I couldn't hold back any longer. I turned around to hug her and continue crying on her shoulder.

 

"Please don't say that you're going to leave me." I hugged her tighter. My hands wrapped around her waist and I buried my head inside her crook.

 

"Okay okay.. I won't say it any longer. We're still be friends, right?" She removed her body and palmed my face.

 

"Uhm.. I'll try to hold back my feelings better. But don't ever say about death anymore, okay? I'm sure God has better plan for you and me and I have faith He won't end his precious lamb's life just like that." This time I was the one to wipe away her tears.

 

"Okay. Shall we go home now? It's late already." Tiffany fixed her dress and intended to stand up when a man suddenly came.

 

"I'm sorry but both of you look perfect with each other, together with the view of the Han River. It's just incredibly perfect and I can't help but wanting to roam my hand and record it onto solid media. Here, I think you have right to have this." The man gave me a rectangular shaped canvas with me and Tiffany as the objects.

 

“Wow! It’s so beautiful! Thank you, Ahjussi!!” Tiffany took the liberty to receive the painting. She then stood up followed by me.

 

“Thank you very much. Are you sure it’s free? I mean don’t you want to- OUCH!!” I felt a pain on my head and it was coming from Tiffany.

 

“Yah pabo! Be more polite and just thank him properly!” Tiffany lectured me.

 

“Thank you, Ahjussi!” I bowed more properly this time.

 

“That’s okay. Just keep it and I hope you will be forever blessed by happiness.” The man said and left.

 

“Here, you can keep it.” Tiffany handed over the painting and I accepted it.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to keep it?” I asked again to make sure whether she’s sure with the decision or not.

 

“Yeah. I can read your mind and it screams that you want to have it.” She stated it confidently. She’s back to her normal state, huh? Part of me feels happy while the others feel bad knowing we haven’t actually done with our initial topic. What about my feelings? What about hers? What are we now? Can we even be called more than friends? But-

 

“Stop flooding your mind with those thoughts, author. We are what we are. What are we? You are my favorite author and I’m your favorite reader. Nothing will change that. Always there, remember? No matter what we are now or what we will be later, that won’t change the fact that we will always there for each other, right?”

 

“Yes, sure. I’m sorry.” I smiled and held the painting dearly.

 

“That’s fine. Shall we go home for real now?” Tiffany reached out her hand and I welcomed it.

 

“Sure.” I held her hand like I never wanted to let it go. We walk hand in hand passed the river. The view is still amazing but it feels different now that I know we can never be more than we are now. What are we? Even I don’t have an answer to that question.

 

The view is still amazing but it feels different now that I know we can never be more than we are now. What are we? Even I don’t have an answer to that question. She hasn’t literally told me about her real feelings too to me. She did say that it’s not that she isn’t returning my feeling but she can’t, knowing it will only hurt both of us. What does it mean? I really want to ask her but I don’t want to make her sad if she heard my question for the second time. Seeing her cry will be the last thing I want to see. Her time is nearing? No matter how much I have faith in her, in her ability mostly, still I don’t want to believe that. I’m sure no one and I mean no one has ability to know about her time on earth! The bible says it~

 

All I know is that even if I’m no longer on earth or if she isn’t longer on earth, no matter who will be called by God first, my love for her is eternal. She may die first yet I will use the remaining years of my time to love her, to use every moment to remember about her, how she loves to bully me, how she teases me, how she always there to cheer me up and give me useful advices in then, and such. However if I leave her first then I will beg God to let me watch her from above until it’s her return to be called by Him. It’s crazy, I know but for her I think I’m willing to be crazy. She’s that worthy for me. Tiffany Hwang, the name I can never erase from my head. My brain can be washed and it will make me unable to remember anything but I’m sure the name of Tiffany Hwang can never leave my mind. I love her now, tomorrow, and I’m planning to do that eternally.

 

“Hey, hurry! Every second of my time is precious you know!!” Tiffany nudged me harder and signaled me to ignite the engine.

 

“Alright alright.. Geezzz, you’re so grumpy. Hop on!” I told her and climbed on my scooter. I turned the key and the engine roared.

 

“Drive safely! Remember that I wear dress not plain shirt like you!” She reminded me again and I nodded my head in response.

 

“Got that, Fany! Now hold on to me.” I informed her and drove away with a smile. No matter what, I’ll love her until the end. Eternal is my goal and I tend to stick that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It's a very draining chapter to write and I tried hard to provide you with some humor and drama at the end of the chapter. So tell me, was I succeed?T.T

You didn't expect the twist right? Right? Please tell me that I'm right~ Hehehe...

Rest assure for I'm not planning the next chapter to be the last one~ But I'm not sure either~ If most of you ask me not to end it on the next one then maybe I will just do that and vice versa.

So tell me what you think about this chapter? Devastating enough? Not good? Lack of humor? Make sure you put all of your thoughts through the comment box bellow okay? :p

That's all from me and see you in the next chapter!! 

For those who read my other stories too, then I have to seek for your apology. Like what I've said, I want to complete this one first before updating the rest. I hope you can understand that~ Sorry >.<

Thank you and I love you :*