Guy's Night In

Lovely Balcony

It was five minutes until the allotted time and Woohyun still didn’t come down. Hoya arrived a couple of minutes prior and claimed the chaise portion of the sectional. He took a plate of assorted fruit and was currently munching on them. The T.V. was on now and they were waiting for the last bit of whatever show was on to finish before the next one came on. It was at around the time the credits started rolling across the screen that Woohyun decided to show.

He was wearing dark jersey shorts and a white tank top. It accentuated and barely hid the contours of his muscled torso. Sunggyu did his best to keep his eyes glued to the screen.

Hey, I thought I told you nothing y,” Hoya commented as he gave him a light glare.

Woohyun only gave him a smirk as he made his way around to sit next to Sunggyu. With that, all three couch cushions were taken but Myungsoo was still missing. Luckily, the red headed senior noticed and quickly nudged Dongwoo. The teen was standing off to the side. He was considering taking a seat at Hoya’s feet but didn’t look like he wanted to.

In a matter of minutes, Hoya was using Dongwoo’s thighs as pillows and there was enough room for Myungsoo to sit between the two best friends. Woohyun dimmed the lights (from a controller that was sitting on the stand next to the couch) and waited.

 

 

Sunggyu held his feet up on the couch, hugging them close by the half hour mark. He was officially freaked out but he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the gruesome display on the television. Adding that to the surround sound system installed into the living room, and he was absentmindedly grasping for Myungsoo’s arm. He wanted some kind of reassurance that someone was there with him even though he had two bodies on either side of him.

Sunggyu really wasn’t cut out for those kinds of things.

While other teens his age boasted about sneaking into the theaters to watch splatter gore at its most gruesome, he’d rather pay to go see a vampire love story. It was probably the way he was raised…

He chanced a peek at Dongwoo. He was a little worse. He really couldn’t stand stuff like that and scared easily. He didn’t contain the smile that took over his plump lips as he saw the sight before him. Dongwoo’s hand was resting on Hoya’s strong shoulder and the athletic male was resting his own above it. Hoya knew about the other’s abnormal fear and he knew the only way to calm him down was to feel someone near.

He turned his attention back to the glowing television in front of them before chancing a glance at Woohyun. He nearly rolled his eyes. He was sitting back like he wasn’t watching people die horrible deaths and come back to life, popping an occasional fruit into his mouth.

As the show continued on (it was an hour and a half special, as Woohyun helpfully announced during a commercial break) he unconsciously leaned onto the younger brother. If Myungsoo minded or not, he didn’t know.

Another commercial break and Sunggyu let out a sigh, leaning back against the couch and getting off of the sophomore. The younger teen got up, announcing that he was going to use the restroom.

“Wait, wait. Show me where it is… I think I ate too much watermelon,” Hoya complained as he got up, earning a few chuckles from the others.

Sunggyu took that chance to scoot over to the other and nudge him playfully. He kept his voice down, keeping in mind that Woohyun was nearby.

“How cute! Hoya keeping you safe?” he smiled teasingly.

Dongwoo scoffed, “Careful, you’re starting to sound like your sisters.”

Sunggyu lightly punched his arm and glared at him, only making the male giggle in return.

They whispered amongst each other for a little bit until Hoya came back, forcing Sunggyu to move into his original place. Myungsoo came in seconds after and the show started again, almost as if on cue. They settled back into that comfortable silence.

It wasn’t long before Sunggyu started leaning over again. Something intense was about to happen and before he could fit himself a little more comfortably against the younger male, he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder.

“This way,” he heard the whisper and he turned to look at the junior.

“Don’t get scared, beautiful,” he said teasingly and pulled him closer.

He felt the tips of his ears burn. He pushed him away, uncomfortable with the situation and not at all liking it. Woohyun however, pulled him in again. He felt his entire right side tingle as the warmth of the other body registered with his own. He smelled lightly of a spicy body wash, the typical kind that any male would have. He smelled good. He tried to keep the smile at bay but it was a reaction he couldn’t control. He knew he should have pushed him away and ignored him completely, but he let himself enjoy the small gesture. It was nice and he didn’t think he’d be able to experience it ever again. It was good to feel someone so close and intimately other than his sisters.

He was glad he had someone to cling to. They reached the of the episode and Sunggyu was tensing in anticipation. He clenched the fabric of Woohyun’s shorts in his right hand as he watched it all unfold. He felt something warm settle onto his hand and he glanced down to see what it was.

It was Woohyun’s hand.

He clenched the fabric a little tighter before suddenly getting up. It was sudden and abrupt. Woohyun stared after him as did everyone else in the room, before everyone turned to give the junior a questioning look. The dark haired male shrugged, the action itself showing his confusion. He was unsure of what just occurred himself. He stood to follow him a moment later, wondering where he could have gone.

He just entered the hallway when he saw the bathroom door open. Sunggyu stepped out and nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw the dark figure standing halfway down the hall.

“Oh my God, you scared me!” Sunggyu reprimanded as he placed a hand over his chest, as if hoping the motion would keep his heart from jumping out of his ribcage.

Woohyun chuckled lightly, “Sorry. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” he answered, a little breathless, before passing him.

Woohyun figured Sunggyu thought he was asking about his scare, but that wasn’t it. He wasn’t sure how to ask about it but Sunggyu was already back in the living room, leaving him standing on his own. It wasn’t until he re-entered the living room that he figured he must have done something the other didn’t like. Myungsoo moved over and now Sunggyu was sitting next to Dongwoo, leaning against him with their fingers intertwined.

 

Hyun
Hey…

Sunggyu
Hm?

Hyun
I’m sorry

Sunggyu
… For what?

Hyun
For earlier
You looked scared so I thought…

Sunggyu
It’s okay
Don’t worry about it

Hyun
…Are you mad?

Sunggyu
I’m not.
It was just a little weird
Sorry
Ha

Hyun
Ha
If you were scared you should have said so hyung

Sunggyu
I was NOT scared

Hyun
lol sure
Don’t worry
You’re still pretty when you’re scared

Sunggyu

go to sleep
see you tomorrow

Hyun
Sleep well!
Dream of me pretty Gyu

Sunggyu
Hey!

Hyun
lol

 

 

“You know we’re celebrating, right?” Hoya asked Sunggyu.

It was finally Friday and the last test day. All the energy that was drained steadily and surely during the week was just a small portion of the student body’s. It felt like everyone suddenly let loose their reserves and the chattering, laughing, singing and even dancing going on around campus was their way of drawing it out to its full potential.

“Sure, sure,” he answered, waving it off.

“So what happened with that Gyuri chick?” Woohyun asked Yeunja.

They were already gathered and were simply mingling about.

“She’s around… But she won’t even turn to look at me,” she said surprised, “I thought for sure she was going to do something…”

Sunggyu sighed deeply. He was afraid of that too but he figured she either cared about the finals or she was too embarrassed about everything that happened and decided to lay low. Whatever the case was, he just hoped she minded her own business from then on. It was such an ugly thing, jealousy.

“Sunggyu!”

The red head turned at the sound of the familiar voice and he smiled in greeting as he saw the shorter male.

“How’d it go?”

“It wasn’t so bad. You?”

“Piece of cake,” Jinki answered, “I’m not here to brag or anything,” he laughed when he saw Sunggyu roll his eyes playfully, “But Junho texted me earlier today to tell me that he was back.”

At the mention of his name Sunggyu’s smile fell. This kid was being serious? He actually came back… “Oh, he’s back?”

“Yeah, he says he wants to apologize for last time so if you could, to come over later.”

Sunggyu glanced back at his friends. He smiled sheepishly when he saw Dongwoo was listening in to the conversation. He motioned for Jinki to follow him and they walked a little ways away.

“You can tell him he doesn’t need to apologize for anything and I can’t go over later. I already have plans,” he said as he motioned towards his friends with his gaze.

“Well that’s okay but I don’t think you should let him off that easy,” Jinki raised his brows pointedly.

Sunggyu waved it off, “If he’s really sorry he’ll come look for me… Don’t tell him I said that,” he said hurriedly after. He was afraid the other male might take it differently since they weren’t exactly talking about apologizing. He knew the actual reason the younger male wanted to see him was for his answer. He said he’d think about giving him a chance but he didn’t really think the other would come back, much less earlier than he expected. He thought he had the weekend to seriously mull over their conversation calmly.

Jinki smiled before saying his goodbye. His friends were waiting for him. The red head waved to all of them before returning to his group of friends. Dongwoo asked what was going on with his gaze but Sunggyu shook his head, deeming it to not have any importance. He took hold of his best friend’s hand and pulled him away from the rest of the group.

“I wanna sing.”

Noreabang?” his pink haired friend caught on fast, “Then let’s tell everyo—”

“No!” he tugged the other’s arm before he left, “Just us. I’m stressing,” he pleaded.

Dongwoo bit his bottom lip, contemplating the idea and eventually gave in. He couldn’t resist Sunggyu’s natural cuteness, much less when his lips formed that very small pout that made him look like a little boy.

“How are we escaping?”

“Don’t make any sudden movements…” Sunggyu advised before pulling the pink haired male into the throng of students that were finally making their way home.

 

 

Yeunja
Gyu! Where are you?

Hyun
Where did you go?

Hoya
Did you just ditch us?
Hey!
You answer me now before I tell your mom you were kidnapped and she calls the police!
Guys seriously
One of you has to answer
Heyyyyyy!

Sunggyu
We’re fine
Just tell my mom we’ll be home later

The red head placed the phone on the table, deciding to ignore the messages that kept popping up on the screen for the time being. He just finished his session of singing as loud as he could and he could already feel his throat complaining. It was a while since he let loose like that and it felt really good.

Maybe I know somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts

He was singing along with Dongwoo again anyway. His voice was going to be wrecked later but he couldn’t bring himself to care. The rooms provided two microphones, so might as well put them to use.

And I’ve always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I’m content with loneliness

Because none of it was ever worth the risk

Well you are the only exception

 

 

“There is no way we’re gonna be able to hide this,” Sunggyu said, clearing his throat when he heard his voice crack unattractively.

Dongwoo laughed, “Well, we already went, not like they can do anything about that.”

“We should do this again with everyone else. I want to hear if Hoya has improved,” the red head mused.

“You’re such a liar. You wanna hear Woohyun, don’t you?” the shorter male asked, giving the other a playful push.

Sunggyu simply laughed, “Of course! But I don’t think I need another reason to like him… I hope he’s bad at it. I’ve always said I’d want someone who could sing with me.”

“Maybe he’ll be the one…”

The red head let out a small sound, one of disbelief, “Woohyun… that kid… I hate that he makes me feel like this.”

Dongwoo didn’t say anything. He didn’t need to. He understood his best friend completely and he knew exactly what he was talking about, “It’s okay… It’s not that bad after you get used to it.”

“Eyy, no way. You’re just saying this now because of yesterday!” Sunggyu teased.

Dongwoo giggled lightly, not being able to deny the claim but his smile quickly turned sad.

“I’m glad he’s hanging out with us again but… I kind of wish he hadn’t,” he let his long fingers rest against his chest, rubbing it lightly, “It’s starting to hurt here.”

Sunggyu’s smile faded as he sighed. He watched the other’s expression. He looked sorrowful and conflicted. The red head couldn’t say anything to comfort him. He didn’t know what could be said. So he simply took the other’s hand and interlocked their fingers, giving him a slight reassuring squeeze before continuing on.

It wasn’t long before Sunggyu’s home came into view. Their friends were sitting outside on the porch. He could see his sisters sitting out there as well. They were crowded around the porch swing.

“Look! Gyu is back!” Jinho yelled excitedly when she saw Sunggyu and Dongwoo approaching.

That definitely drew everyone’s attention. Of course, Hoya was the one to make a big deal out of everything.

Hey! What is this?” he gestured to their intertwined hands, “How could you! You went on a date without me? I thought we were together!” he exclaimed as he gestured to the two of them and himself.

Ugh! This is why we didn’t take you! You’re nagging us already! I don’t think this is gonna work,” Sunggyu said, shooing the man with his hand.

“Are you breaking up…?! Hey! Dongwoo! How can you let this happen?”

But Dongwoo was of no help, again. He was too busy giggling at their bickering and all he could do was shake his head and raise his hands in an attempt to get away from having to do anything. Sunggyu glanced up to see how Woohyun was taking the entire ordeal. He would usually jump in as well just to playfully bicker about not being included in their ‘relationship.’ He unconsciously squeezed Dongwoo’s hand when he saw who he was with.

Hoya noticed the red head’s attention deviated and he remembered that he was talking to someone beforehand.

“Ah, recognize him?” Hoya asked.

Of course Sunggyu recognized him. It was Lee Junho.