Teasing

Lovely Balcony

“What was all that about, Gyu?” he heard Haneul ask as she caught the male by himself in the kitchen.

She was smiling smugly at him. It was like she knew the answer to the question before even asking it, but was giving him the pleasure of telling her. He, on the other hand, was completely lost. It quite possibly showed on his face, judging by the way Haneul rolled her eyes at her oblivious brother.

“There was a lot of touchy-feely going on with Woohyun today,” she clarified, “What was that about?”

“Oh,” Sunggyu said disinterestedly as he turned back to getting the cold bottles of water from the fridge, “We were playing tag, how else are we supposed to tag each other?”

“Oh, I don’t know: the common tap on the shoulder, your arms or the back. Not the whole wrap-my-arms-around-you kind of thing you had going there.”

You’re reading too much into these things. You do it with Kkotip all the time and that doesn’t necessarily mean anything,” he reasoned as he closed the fridge.

He turned to give her a look to get his point across before turning to go back into the living room and upstairs.

“Yes it does! It means we’re close enough to feel comfortable, but I guess it’s a good thing to have such a level head… What if those little things actually do mean something though?” she asked as she followed behind him.

The red head sighed. He was standing at the foot of the stairs and he peered up to see if anyone was up there or by the railing. He didn’t see anyone and turned to his sister.

“Even if they did, I wouldn’t do anything about it.”

“And why not?”

“Because it’s pretty obvious that you like him, too. And let’s be real here for a second; of course he’d choose you over me any day,” he gave her a smile, simply to show her that he wasn’t mad over it, but it still conveyed the sadness of the reality he he chose.

Haneul felt her heart break for her brother at that moment, but she was left to swallow the words she was going to say as Choonyei came down the stairs.

 

 

It seemed that both Dongwoo and Hoya were too tired out to even consider walking home. So with a quick call by both parties, they got the go-ahead to spend the night at the Kim’s household.

“I can’t believe you still have this…” Hoya remarked as he caught the sleeping bag that was tossed his way.

“Of course I still have it. We would stay up late into the night when Dongwoo stayed over and cry because you dumped us.”

Hoya simply rolled his eyes, “Are you ever gonna let me live that down?”

“Nope,” Sunggyu smiled cutely before throwing a pillow at his face.

They all showered already and while Dongwoo’s set of pajamas were stored away in Sunggyu’s closet, Hoya did not have any. He borrowed some basketball shorts from the other and was shirtless. Sunggyu said he was going to look through his clothes to give him a shirt but instead decided to pull out the sleeping bags that were stored away. The red head went to throw himself on his bed, letting out a sigh of contentment.

“Uh… what about the shirt?”

Sunggyu groaned into the mattress, “Why are you so needy?!” before standing, “God, the things I do for you.”

Dongwoo started his signature giggling. It was always so much fun to see the two bicker. They were like a married couple.

“I know I’m y, and if you want me shirtless that bad, you can just ask, you know?”

“I can think of a couple of other guys I’d rather see shirtless, to tell you the truth.”

Hoya clicked his tongue, “Dongwoo, who else has a body like this, huh?”

“Uh… I don’t know! I don’t make it a habit to check the other guys out!”

“Minhyuk is one. Although, he does look kind of weird with that cute face on that body. I’m pretty sure that’s not how it’s supposed to be,” Sunggyu thought as he finally pulled a shirt that was too big on him and he never wore, out.

Minhyuk was another senior at their school. He was Hoya’s teammate in the soccer team. He was pretty popular among the girls because of his small face and killer body. He was a sweet kid that took care of his friends.

“That bastard looks pretty good,” Hoya agreed.

“How have you seen him shirtless?” Dongwoo asked the red head, confused.

“They go out to practice during the last period, and mine happens to be Math,” he explained.

The pink haired male hummed in understanding. The math classes were all located by the practice fields for most of the school’s sports on the third floor. Interestingly enough, English was on the same side just under the math classes on the second floor. Science took that side of the first floor.

“Jonghyun is another one and Woohyun too…,” Sunggyu trailed off.

Jonghyun was also another teammate of Hoya’s. The guy was kind of short but he was loud and funny and handsome as well. He was friends with Jinki and his group. He met him before and spent time with him as well. While they weren’t close friends, they certainly felt comfortable around each other.

You have been checking out other guys! Why can’t you be loyal like Dongwoo?!” Hoya asked.

“Yeah, yeah. Says the one who traded us for a whole soccer team… manwhore,” he added as an afterthought, making Dongwoo break out into loud laughter.

“What is with this one?” the athletic male asked as he stared at Dongwoo curiously.

“He’s always been like that,” the red head stated.

“It’s gotten worse lately,” he turned his attention to the laughing male, “You wanna laugh, I’ll make you laugh.”

It was the only warning Dongwoo got before he felt fingers begin to dance across his ribs, making him thrash around to try and get away from the other. Sunggyu watched the scene with a smile. He was surprised the jock even noticed that subtle change. Ever since Hoya decided to start hanging out with them again, Dongwoo became even more livelier.

“Sunggyu! Help me!!” the abused male yelled between giggles, struggling and failing miserably at keeping Hoya away from his sensitive ribs.

The red headed senior allowed it to continue for a minute or two before deciding to get up and help his poor pink haired friend. At least until they heard a couple of knocks on his door.

“Sunggyu, honey, it’s late. Can you guys please keep it down?”

Hoya flinched when he realized it was his friend’s mom.

“Sorry mom!”

“Sorry Mrs. Kim!”

“It’s alright. Just keep it down, okay?”

“Okay!” they replied in unison, completely ignoring the wheezing boy on the floor.

They covered their mouths to keep the laughter from leaving their lips. It almost felt like it was four years ago when they all just stepped over the threshold of pre-teens and into the uncomfortable years of adolescence. It almost felt like nothing ever changed.

 

 

The passing week was spent away from each other. Sunggyu took to studying seriously, and he refused to have anyone over for the week. Dongwoo wasn’t a pushover either. He took Sunggyu’s side on the matter. The only times everyone was able to gather and chat for a while was after school.

Although Sunggyu couldn’t deny that he missed the noise and laughter that everyone brought to the house. He didnt realized they all become so integrated into his life until he was sitting at his desk with an English book open, notes scattered about and a pencil in his right hand.

He finished the review packets they were given the week prior and he was tired of looking at the same thing over and over. He figured he could take the tests blindfolded and still ace them. He was tired of looking at all of it.

Just then his phone went off, a very distinct noise that could mean only one thing. He checked the screen and smiled as he saw the name of the culprit displayed on his otherwise black screen.

Hyun
Break time…??

He unlocked the phone and quickly entered the chat room.

Sunggyu
Break time sounds good

Ho
FINALLY.
I was about to throw this book out the window

Donggie
Just in time!
We’re meeting at your place, right Woohyun?

Hyun
Yup

The red head furrowed his brows. What were they talking about? A break meant maybe five to ten minutes. Why were they going to Woohyun’s?

Hyun
Just make sure you’re here before 7
I will NOT get up to open that door after 7

Sunggyu
What?
What are you guys talking about?
I thought we agreed on stopping this for the week

Donggie
I’ll break in through the window
Gyu we agreed to get together for the show tonight… remember?
We’ve only been talking about this since forever ago

Sunggyu
uhh

Ho
Ha! He was too entranced with my y

Hyun
Get out

Ho
Ahahahaha

The red headed senior rolled his eyes. Hoya really liked boosting his own ego but he didn’t see why he had to do it at their expense. He didn’t mind really. It always backfired on him anyway.

Sunggyu
Actually, too busy with Myunggie

Ho
You call him Myunggie??!

Hyun
It was my brother?!
All this time??

Myunggie
-_-

Ho
So what do you call me???

Sunggyu
Ho

Donggie
Puahahaha

Hyun
lolol

Myunggie
lol

Sunggyu
Ha

Ho
You’re such an

Sunggyu laughed to himself. Yeah, he always found a way to shut him up.

Hyun
Gyu just get ready and come over
I gotta go get ready

Ho
Nothing too y now
Gyu might jump you
Since he’d rather see you

Hyun

Sunggyu
YOU JUST TOTALLY TOOK THAT OUT OF CONTEXT YOU BASTARD

Donggie
Pahahaha
That’s kind of what you said though lol

Sunggyu
Ugh
Besides it’s not my fault you don’t do anything for me Ho
ya
lol

Hyun
lolol

Donggie
tell him how it is lol

Myunggie
My poor eyes

Sunggyu
Oh sorry Myunggie
I’ll make it up to you later

Myunggie
Okay

Hyun
What a baby -_-

Ho
Someone’s jealous~

Hyun
Am not!
Imma man!

Sunggyu
Haha sure

Munggie
Woohyun get off already -_-

Between all the goading, teasing, and playful banter, he completely forgot to ask what it was that they were doing. He shrugged it off before starting to clean up all the mess on his desk. He’d find out soon enough.

 

 

He was going down the stairs with about fifteen minutes to spare when he heard his father call him from the recliner in the living room. The man was watching a soccer game. Sunggyu couldn’t tell exactly which teams were playing but he turned his attention to him.

“Yes?”

“How well are you doing with your exams?”

“I’m doing well.”

“You finished studying? Where are you going?” he asked, as he saw that he wasn’t wearing his usual lounging clothes.

“Yes, I finished. I’m going to the Nam’s. Woohyun invited me over to relax a bit. We’ve been studying non-stop for three days already,” the teen explained, hoping his father wouldn’t send him back to keep at it.

Sunggyu’s dad was a man that just entered his forties. He didn’t look old by any means, but he looked old enough for the gray hairs that started showing up to be justified. He wasn’t strict or anything of the sort, and he’d more or less spoil all his kids, but since Sunggyu was the only male he seemed to have slightly higher expectations of him. Aecha already lived up to what he wanted and more and now it was Sunggyu’s turn to make his father proud. He wouldn’t lie and say that it didn’t stress him, because it did. He had to ingrain certain study habits in order to get the grades he wanted. Sunggyu was never one to be second best at something he could master, whether it was school, music, singing, or even playing video games. He just simply hated losing.

Luckily, his father seemed satisfied with the answer, “Don’t stay out too late though. It’s still a school night.”

“Yes, sir,” he said before asking for his mom.

“She’s outside with your sisters.”

“Okay, see you later, dad,” he waved at him.

“Alright.”

“Mom I’ll be back later. I’m going to Woohyun’s for a little while!” he said quickly as he ran out of the house.

Dongwoo messaged him that he was already outside so they could both go together. The pink haired male waved at Sunggyu’s mom and the two older sisters that still lived there before crossing the yard to the neighbor’s house.

It was the first time he was going to set foot in the Nam household despite the many times that Woohyun and Myungsoo were invited over to his. Dongwoo rang the doorbell. They only waited for a couple of minutes before the younger brother opened the door. He greeted them with a small smile and invited them in.

“We’re gonna be in the living room, so go ahead and make yourself comfortable. Woohyun’s still in the shower.”

They stepped into the foyer and looked around amazed. The house was totally different in style and layout. It looked nothing like Sunggyu’s house. It seemed fancier and quite spacious.

“Over there guys,” Myungsoo pointed towards a doorway to their left that was a little ways away from the entrance.

Everything looked so fancy, modern, crisp and new. They made their way around the coffee table and took a seat on the sectional couch. They noticed that Myungsoo disappeared.

“Sunggyu, could you come help me really quick?” the dark haired teen leaned into the living room.

“Sure,” he responded as he moved quickly to walk behind Myungsoo.

He was being led to the kitchen, “Oh hey, it looks like our kitchen.”

“Yeah, our parents practically had the whole of the house remodeled except the kitchen. It’s not somewhere they spend time in. Woohyun likes to use it often, though,” Myungsoo explained.

Sunggyu’s eyes widened when he caught sight of all the colorful treats that were placed on different trays. One of them was filled with different fruit cut into small pieces. Another tray was full of pastries, small pieces of cake, cookies, and small cupcakes were placed prettily on it. The last one had sandwiches cut into small triangles. He could see the ham and cheese.

“What the hell? Is this gonna be a party or what?” Sunggyu asked, astonished.

Weren’t those the usual treats they served at banquets? What were they going to do?

“Ah, well…Hyun didn’t know what he was going to want to eat so he just prepared everything…”

What was he going to do if all the food spoiled because it was too much? He didn’t say anything however, and helped Myungsoo move the trays onto the living room coffee table.