Distraction

The Chase

“I brought coffee, caramel coffee and cappuccino,” Donghae said as she opened the door. She was stunned to see him standing outside of her flat early in the morning. They didn’t necessarily part on good terms the night before. “I know you drink coffee now, so you can have mine if you don’t want the caramel,” he added.

She was still gawking at him when he made his way inside. “Hey Jess, how are you?” he said to the woman eating on the kitchen counter.

The food on almost fell off when Jessica saw who came in. “Donghae?” she looked at Yoona who was still by the door, her eyes wide and hanging open.

“Seriously Jess, is this some way to greet an old friend?” He crossed his arms on his chest.

“No, I- I’m sorry.” She put down her fork and made her way to Donghae. “Oh god, I just can’t believe that you’re here,” she hugged Donghae while giving Yoona a you-left-something-out-when-you-told-me-the-story-last-night glare. “Thank you for the cappuccino. I can’t believe you still remember.”

“Yoona bullied me to buy it for the two of you every day during college. It wasn’t easily forgettable,” Donghae smirked.

“Anyways, I- I have to go. My boss will kill me if I’m late again.” Jessica said, picking up her coat and bag. “I’ll see you later, Yoona?” She glared at her best friend who was still standing by the door.

“What are you doing here?” Yoona managed to blurt out once Jessica was out of the door.

“I’m picking you up for work.” He made his way to the couch and turned his head to Yoona. “Babe, please close your mouth. That is an unhealthy habit you have to seriously overcome.”

She consciously closed and looked at him oddly. “Donghae, last night-“

“No, Yoona, listen. We’ve been doing this your way ever since. Now it’s time we do it my way. I need to understand why you don’t want me in. Not until I get some answers, you aren’t getting rid of me again. I’m tired of chasing you around.” Donghae stood up and walked towards her, seeing all the pain in her eyes. He tucked a loose hair to her ear and leaned in, whispering, “You look so hot in that dress.”

She blushed and tried to push him away. He was giving her a second chance; she just had to grab it.

He caught her hands on his chest and brought both up to his face to kiss it. He leaned down and planted a kiss on her nose, and finally to her lips. “I miss you. Please don’t run away from me again. Let’s just try and see how this will work.”

“Donghae, I-“ She struggled to find the words to say.

“For once, Yoona. Don’t think it through. Let your heart decide.” Before she can even have a chance to refuse, he took her face in his hands and kissed her.

They were both grasping for air when he let go. “Come on, you’ll be late for work.” She hadn’t regained her senses when he grabbed her bag from the chair and pulled her outside.

 

 

“What the hell was that about?” Jessica yelled through her phone. Yoona was at the office and the moment the clock struck nine, her phone started ringing off the hook.

“What was what about?” she answered, cradling the phone between head and shoulders. They were currently redesigning the office and she had a lot of things to do. “Tell you what, I’ll call you on your phone. Let me just put my hands-free on.”

“Donghae? In the flat? The caramel?” Jessica recited once she answered her call.

“He- He wants us to give it another try, Jess.”

“Another try?”

“As in our relationship. Another chance.” she huffed as she helped her workers transfer boxes.

After a while, Jessica finally said, “And you’re having second thoughts.”

“Well, I-“

“Oh god Yoona, seriously?! This is the love of your life, asking permission to be a part of your world again. This is the person whom you cried over for a good whole year, hell, even until now. The person that you can’t seem to get out of your system. And you’re having second thoughts?!”

“It’s not that Jess. I- I just don’t-”

“Please don’t tell me it’s about that again.”

“Yes it is. It is about that,” she sighed. She can see from across her table, the view on the construction starting outside. Apparently, Donghae was building a new mall, directly across her office.

“Yoong, people make a lot of mistakes. Yours was an accident. It wasn’t your fault.”

“But it was Jess. It was my fault. And-“

“Im Yoona, get a grip. Donghae is there, willing to accept you no matter what. Hell, he even remembers your caramel! He is serious about this. Just let go and be happy. Forget about the past.”

She smiled down at the cup in her hand. She used to drink caramel when she was stressed but stopped when she entered college. Not a lot of people remember her caramel-tinged coffee days once she became a dark coffeeholic.

“I- I don’t know Jess.”

“Do you want this?”

“Yes.”

“Well then go!” Jessica yelled at her from the other line. “I’ll stay with Sungyeol later, so you can have the flat- Oh my goodness what was that?”

“Why? What happened?”

“There’s a commotion outside. Somebody wants to get inside the offices.”

“Can’t they?”

“Not without a pass. Security’s tighter now,” Jessica said dismissively. “Anyways, call Sungyeol for- Oh no oh no.”

She heard Jessica gasp. “Why? What happened?”

“It- It’s Heechul. I- I have to go.”

 

 

“Ooh la-la, I would so bang that anytime,” Eun Jong, one of her new team members, said from her spot. They had just finished moving the boxes around and were resting for a while before they moved the big cabinets.

“Ooh, yum,” JoKwon giggled beside her. “Oh man, he has a kid with him.”

“Where?”

“There behind his back. Dang it. He was such a great find.”

Yoona strained to see who they were talking about. The team members came all the way from Kahika and were new to the place and the people around. If they were having plans on banging his brother, who was the only one around the area with a young kid, then they better get a heads up on what they’re getting into.

“Oh my god, he’s coming this way,” Eun Jong panicked. She straightened up and tried to fix her hair which was out of places.

“0 to 10?” Gain said from across the room. She was this small woman whom I was privileged to work with quite a few times. She was older than them but she acts as wild as an animal on her mating period.

“100!” JoKwon squealed from his seat beside Eun Jong.

Everybody was looking at the door when a familiar face peeked in.

“Myungsoo!” Yoona exclaimed, running towards the door. All eyes were now on her.

“Omma, ice cweam,” the little boy said, pointing to the melting ice cream in his hands. His face was sticky and messy but it could not hide his wide grin.

“Where did you get that?” she asked the boy, the ice cream that was already running down the cone. From behind her, she can hear whispers from her team. Everybody knew she was single and she can hear them already speculating.

“Sorry. I couldn’t resist him,” a husky voice said from behind Myungsoo. She looked up to see Donghae standing in the doorway. “My handkerchief’s all sticky. We were wondering if we can have yours.”

“Donghae,” she said scolding. She ignored the sudden silence behind her.

“I’m sorry, babe. He was irresistible,” he smirked. He looked around and saw the three people who were sitting awkwardly, their mouth hanging open. “Oops, sorry. We’re not interrupting a secret meeting or something, are we?” He bent down and scooped Myungsoo in his arms.

“N-No,” JoKwon managed to say. He smiled at him and JoKwon’s eyes seemed to bulge.

He tried his best not to laugh as he returned his gaze on Yoona, who was looking around for her bag. “Are you busy? Let’s eat lunch,” he called out.

“I can’t. We’re moving the things around,” Yoona said as she walked back to them, a handkerchief in her hands. She reached up and wiped Myungsoo’s sticky face.

“Need some help?” He looked around. “I can have a few of my men to help you out. Wouldn’t want the ladies to hurt themselves,” he grinned as he looked at the three who were paralyzed in their place. “I’ll have two of them come immediately.” He leaned down and gave Yoona a kiss on the lips.

“Thank you,” Yoona said blushing. “Now give him back to his father.” She kissed Myungsoo in the cheek.

“I am his father now, too,” he said with a happy tone. He had not expected Yoona to accept him back that easily. And when she didn’t push him away or deny him in front of her office workers, he was euphoric.

“What?” Yoona asked skeptically.

He turned to the child in his arms who was happily eating his ice cream. “What’s my name, darling?”

Myungsoo turned to him with a wide grin, “Hae-appa.”

 

 

“Thank you. For giving us a chance,” Donghae said as he walked her home. His fingers were intertwined with hers and it felt like nothing was as perfect as this.

“Donghae,” she said silently. She didn’t know where to start.

“Oh please, Yoona. Don’t tell me you’re going to reject me after all the boxes and desks and cabinets I moved today,” he said jokingly, wondering if this would veer her away from negative thoughts.

Yoona chuckled silently. After Donghae and Myungsoo had gone, she was bombarded with a lot of questions from her team. She only managed to say Donghae’s name when he came back with two of his workers. He was about to go when he saw one of them flirting spontaneously at her, earning herself a death glare from him. He strode towards them, wrapped his arms on her waist, and dismissed the workers. In the end, he was left to do all the work himself, while the three ogled at him and his abs peaking from under his shirt. Yoona had to control herself from marking him hers right there and then.

“Thank you for today,” she looked up at him.

“Your team loves me,” he said smugly. He laughed loudly when he saw Yoona pout.

“Don’t you dare go out with any of them. We’re meeting a tight schedule and if one of them gets distracted, I’m blaming you for it,”

“Aw. And I was already planning on asking JoKwon out,” he chuckled and put his arms around her. They were already standing in front of her flat. “Can I distract the boss instead?” He planted kisses on her hair.

Yoona pushed him away but kept him near, “I- I need to tell you something first.”


Why aren't you guys commenting? Is it not good enough? :/ Oh come on guys. Please comment. I'm like a comment-vampire. I feed on your comments. :/ Want a spoiler? Hihi. >:) This probably is the time that the story gets fast-paced. It's that or I cut the chapters into tiny little paragraphs and give you guys short updates just to make the story last longer. (Actually tempted on doing it already) If I don't hear from you guys I'd probably consider it as you agreeing with me. So yea. Just want to inform ya'll.

tumblr_mpm1o1qYLk1rtsfujo1_500.jpg

 

Didn't anybody notice what I was talking about? My "selfishness" in the previous chapter? :/ Oh please please pretty please comment? It's the only thing I look forward to nowadays. :/ hashtag dramaqueen. hashtag ADHD.

(I wonder if they'd develop the hashtag feature in sites like this too. Hmmm.)

 

Anyways, I'd like to say thank you to Ame-chan for the support. :) Keep on supporting ya'll!