Silence

The Chase

Donghae stopped her from walking and put his hands on her shoulders. “Yoona wait, alright.” He turned to the door and yelled, “Siwon, Fany’s looking for you.”

“Yeobo?” She heard Siwon say from behind her. “Office?”

“Yes, brother. Would you take L with you please? Yoong and I need to talk.” Donghae said with patience.

Siwon walked over to Yoona and took Myungsoo from her. Myungsoo was more than willing to go with his new friend, Yoona had no choice but to let go of him. She watched as the two made their way towards the stairs.

Siwon was the younger brother of Donghae. He and their mom, Aunt Hyo, had a car accident when he was just 5 years old. Ever since then, he seemed to have developed a mental problem. The doctors called it PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder. Eventually, the doctors said it evolved into a more serious mental problem, called schizophrenia. When they were kids, he would be talking to unseen people or sometimes hurt other people. There were times when he’d seem normal and then paranoid the next minute. She heard from Donghae that as soon as he had found a stable job, he arranged for Siwon to have a regular therapy session with a psychiatrist.

“Yoona,” Donghae’s voice snapped her back from her reverie.

She turned to see him standing awkwardly beside her, question in his eyes.

“Siwon, he-“ Yoona started.

“Yes. He’s married to Tiffany. Surprising, isn’t it?” Donghae cocked his head to the side.

“But-“ Yoona started. That can’t be right. She was pretty sure that Tiffany was Donghae’s wife.

“Don’t tell me you thought Tiffany was my wife,” he jeered. When he saw that Yoona was looking at him strangely, he sighed. “Yoona, is this the reason you went away?”

Yoona did not talk. Everything she had thought of to be right was wrong. Donghae didn’t cheat on her. Regret crept up her being as she finally realized her wrong.

“Was it the phone calls, Yoona? Was that what you were looking at when I caught you holding my phone? I called Fany every day to check up on Siwon. You could have just asked,” Donghae said sadly. “Was that the reason, Yoong?”

She remembered the phone call she overheard. “No. I just didn’t want to be in so deep before you leave me.”

“Leave you? God, Yoona. I couldn’t even eat right this past few weeks. You really think I could leave you?”

“You- You said you were almost done with me,” she stuttered. She remembers that phone call very very clearly.

“What? Where did you hear that from?”

“Call- I- I overheard you talking to somebody.”

“Okay, what? What the hell did I say that gave you that kind of impression?” Donghae said exasperatingly.

“You- You said- you said you were almost done with me.”

“What were my exact words, Yoona?” He almost shouted. He was frustrated that Yoona even thought that he could ever leave her.

Donghae’s angry voice made Yoona cringe. She could do nothing but tell him the truth, “You said I was still oblivious to everything and that you were almost done with me. And that Sungyeol was there to take care of me so you don’t need to worry about anything.”

“Seriously, Yoona?!” Donghae said, tightening his grip on her shoulders. “You’re telling me it’s just because of that?! I went through months of hell because of that?!”

“That’s not JUST something, alright?” Yoona shouted. She pulled off Donghae’s hands and stomped her way towards the stairs.

“Wait, wait.” Donghae said, catching up with her. He circled his hands around her waist and hugged her from behind. “I’m sorry. Let me explain.”

“Let. Me. Go.” Yoona said sternly.

“I won’t. Never again,” he mumbled. He let go of her waist but quickly clasped her hands in his and pulled her towards the office. “Stay there or god knows what I’ll do to you.”

“You can’t threaten me, I can sue you,” Yoona huffed as she was pushed to a chair.

“Sue me for what?”

“ual harassment and abuse and-“

“ual harassment? Really Yoona? You can do better than that,”

“Wh-“

"This isn't one of the books you read where the guy tries to get revenge with the girl for breaking his heart. I'm sure that happens the other way round,” Donghae leaned closer to her.

“You were going to leave me,” Yoona said, spatting out the words.

“If the conversation I’m thinking about is the same as what you are talking about, then I’m sure you weren’t the one I was leaving.”

“You made it very clear, you said-“

“Did I ever tell you that I treat my buildings as living things? The one in Kaiza, it’s a she.”

“Wh- What- No. You- You said that Sungyeol would-“

“I put Sungyeol as junior engineer, didn’t I? Now he takes care of her. The mall.”

“Oblivious- You said something about you meeting her and living with her. Not unless you were cheating on me and living with another woma- What?“ she stopped, looking at his face. Donghae was frowning, running fingers through his hair.

She felt as if she finally hit a spot. His expression did nothing to relieve her of her doubts.

And, what’s more alarming is the overwhelming silence that came with it. 


12 votes? OMG. I seriously love you guys. 2nd to the last chapter lovely readers. Hope I'm not that much of a disappointment. Oh and yea, know of any good poster-makers? :D