The Wife

The Chase

“Yoona! Yoona!” Key shouted from across the hall. “Somebody saw him go with another guy.”

“What?!” Yoona said almost hysterically. They’ve been looking for Myungsoo for over an hour to no avail. Nobody had noticed the kid amidst the chaos when the new fabrics came in. “But- But- There were a lot of people here when the fabrics came in, right?” She said, near to tears. “Oh my god. He’s been kidnapped. Oh my god.”

“Honey, shh. Calm down. We’ll find him,” BoA, the chief designer from the sports-wear department soothed her. Everybody in the building knew who Myungsoo was. And when they found out what happened, almost everybody went to join the search.

“Excuse me? What is all the commotion about?” a female voice from behind them shouted. She turned to see a woman standing in the middle of the hallway with her hands on her hips. Her beautiful face was in a frown. Yoona thought she was familiar. And that’s when it hit her. She was the girl whom Donghae had his arms around at when she spotted them in Koraima.

“Uh, we’re really sorry for the commotion Ma’am. We were just looking for somebody,” Key said from the side. He had his head bowed down that gave Yoona the impression that whoever she is, she’s important in the company.

“Who?” the girl asked.

“Uh, we were looking for my nephew,” Yoona butted in.

“Your nephew?” The woman looked at her from head to toe. “Aren’t you Im Yoona, the designer from Koraima.”

“Uh, yes.” She was quite surprised that the woman knew her. “But I came from Rogue Kaiza.”

“Hmmm.” The woman seemed to think something over and after a while, held out her hand. “Tiffany Lee.”

Yoona startled when she heard the name Tiffany. So she’s Tiffany, she thought. But, wait, Lee? She tried to hide any hint of emotions when she shook her hand.

“I’m pretty sure the name didn’t ring a bell. Maybe you’d recognize me if I said I’m Stephanie Hwang.” Tiffany added as she shook Yoona’s hand.

“Wait, THE Stephanie Hwang?” Yoona exclaimed. Stephanie Hwang was a very popular fashion designer. She pretty much built Rogue’s name.

“CEO of Rogue Kahika, yes. In the flesh. Now, tell me Miss Im why are you making a commotion in my building?” Tiffany said with one of her eyebrows raised.

“I- I deeply apologize Miss Hwang.” She said with her head bowed down.

“Lee,” Tiffany corrected. “My husband wouldn’t appreciate you calling me Miss Hwang,” she chuckled.

So she really is married. To a Lee. Must be Donghae Lee, she thought. She tried to fight her tears. “I- I’m sorry. My three-year-old nephew went missing when the new fabrics came in. The others are just helping me find him.”

“Hmmm.” She turned to look at the other staff around her. “Everybody, back to your work. Miss Im, come with me.” She stalked off towards the elevators.

“I- I’m sorry Ma’am but I really have to go look for my nephew.” She said as she tried to catch up with her boss.

“I need to talk to you, Miss Im. Also, I have the computer which controls all the CCTV cameras in this building. You won’t find your nephew while running around like that,” Tiffany said quietly. She punched the key to the topmost floor.

 

When they arrived at the top floor, Tiffany walked towards a door, beckoning Yoona to follow her.

“Now, Miss Im, would you please tell me why you have a child with you during work hours?” Tiffany asked as she sat down on her chair. She motioned Yoona to sit in front of her while she typed away in her laptop.

“Uh, I- I’m sorry Mrs. Lee. I asked the chief about it, she said as long as he wasn’t a nuisance it would be alright. I- I really have no one to turn to. There isn’t anybody available to take care of him while I’m at work. I really apologize for the commotion this afternoon.”

“Hmmm.” Tiffany was typing in her computer. “What time did you lose him?”

“About an hour ago,” she said quietly. Her heart was still hammering in her chest. She was very worried about Myungsoo but she can’t shake off the feeling of hatred and sadness as she sat in front of the woman who most probably is Donghae’s wife.

Tiffany took her phone from her bag and dialed a number. “Yeobo?” she said in a sweet voice. She paused before chuckling. “Ahuh. Hmmm. Silly, no. Honey, is there a child with you?” She paused for a while. Yoona brought her head up as she heard the word child. “Ahuh, yes. I know that the kid knows you but you have no idea how worried his aunt is right now. Yes. I know his aunt is Yoona. Alright alright. I’d send her to you.”

Yoona tried to stop the tears that were fighting their way out. This woman had confirmed all her assumptions. She was probably talking to Donghae. Myungsoo knew Donghae so it made sense. He probably went with him.

“I found your nephew, Miss Im. I know you have a lot of questions right now but I’m not in the position to answer them. Just beside the elevators, you’d find a staircase. Go up. They’re there.”

She stood up and bowed to Tiffany. She just wanted Myungsoo back. She didn’t need answers anymore. She didn’t want to hear any explanation from him. She trudged her way out the door when Tiffany’s voice stopped her.

“Please tell my husband to come to my office. Thank you.”

She didn’t turn to Tiffany. She merely nodded and made her way out.

 

She was halfway up the stairs when she heard Myungsoo laughing. When she opened the door, she was expecting to see Myungsoo, but stopped when she saw the figure standing in the middle of the floor. She can hear Myungsoo’s laugh coming from one of the rooms. She walked towards the door when a hand went around one of her wrist.

“Sir, please let go of me,” she said sternly.

“Yoona...” Donghae said slowly, not letting go of Yoona.

“Please. Let go,” Yoona repeated, turning her head to glare at Donghae. Donghae reluctantly let go of her hand and she stalked off towards the room.

She opened it to see Myungsoo playing with another man. When she opened the door, the man looked up to her and his face filled with joy.

“Yoong!” he shouted as he stood up and ran towards her.

She was shocked to see him but opened her arms as he wrapped his around her. “Siwon, I- I haven’t seen you for years.”

“L and I were playing. I miss you Yoong,” Siwon said chuckling.

“I miss you too, sweetie.” She said stifling back her tears. “You’ve grown so much better.”

Siwon gave me a grin before turning back to L who was still playing on the floor.

“Sometimes, he’d lapse back to his depressed state but he’s getting better. He’s experiencing less and less delusions over the years. But it’s still there.” Donghae said from behind her.

She chose to ignore him and called for Myungsoo. “L, we have to go.”

Myungsoo turned to her and grinned. He stood up, ran to her and wrapped his arms around her leg. “Omma, me and Uncle Siwon pway.”

“Honey, what did I tell you about going anywhere without me?” she squatted down and held the child’s shoulders. “Omma was worried about you!”

“But Omma. Hae-appa-“ he turned to look up to Donghae who was standing behind them. “Hae-appa came to pway.” He pouted and stepped forward to wrap his arms around her neck. “Sowwy.”

She stood up, scooping the boy in her arms. She turned to Donghae who was looking at her questioningly and said, “Mrs. Lee wanted to see you.”

“See me?” Donghae said skeptically. “What did she say?”

“She said she wanted to see her husband,” she said simply before walking off. Donghae looked at her, shocked. She wouldn’t stand around and see him confirm everything to be true.

 


Yea. Sorry. I'm not really good with stuff like these. Forgive my deteriorating story. I have no idea how to save it.