Mom

The Chase

“Hey Jess, wake up.” Yoona nudged her best friend awake. “You can’t stay there the whole day.”

She went home to find Jessica on the couch with piles of tissue, gallons of ice cream and chocolate wrappers around her.

“How are you?” she asked as Jessica sat up, her hair in shambles.

“Feeling diabetic. When did you come home?” she asked. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

“I just did. Get up. We’re eating out,” she said sternly, pulling Jessica from the couch. Once she did, she gave her a once over and pulled her into a hug. “I knew I should have been here. I’m sorry I let you go home alone.”

“Yoong, I needed the time to mourn,” Jessica said silently.

“I know. I’m sorry,” Yoona said while caressing Jessica’s hair. “I slapped him for you. Oh and Donghae punched him, so when you see him, be sure to kick him in the nuts.” She tried to lighten up her mood.

“Donghae? You were with Donghae?” Jessica’s puffy eyes widened. “You have some serious explaining to do, young lady.”

“Jess, it’s a long story,” she sighed.

“Oh honey,” Jess hugged her back. From the sound of Yoona’s voice, she knew that the story did not end on a happy note. “I’m sorry.”

“Nah. I’m good. But for now, we’re mending your wounds. Not mine. I’ve been mending them for years to no avail. I’m more hopeful for yours.”

 

She sat in front of her office that day. She was waiting for Heechul to come, still deciding on whether to fire him or not. She knew it was unprofessional of her to do so but she don’t know if she can continue working with him, knowing what he did to both her and Jess. The new workers were arranging things inside and so she opted to stay out of their way.

“Omma!” a small voice from her side shouted. She stood up to see Myungsoo wobbling towards her.

“Honey! What are you doing here?” She said, scooping the boy up immediately. He smelled like soap and cookies.

“Ice cweam, omma. Pawk. Ice cweam,” the three-year old boy recited.

“Alright alright. Let’s go to the park.” She put the boy down and held one of his hands. She stopped short when she saw Donghae standing in front of them, a frown on his face as he looked at Myungsoo.

And it didn’t help when Myungsoo kept on chanting, “Omma, ice cweam,” over and over again.


Well, this was supposed to be a longer chapter but I wanted to keep the suspense. Now, who the hell is Myungsoo in Yoona's life? Anyone care to guess?

 

P.S. The name Myungsoo's so much cuter than L. Teehee. :))