All The Drama

The Chase

They sat on one of the benches, looking at Myungsoo as he climbed up the slide, holding his ice cream firmly. He ran back to them once in a while to tell Yoona he’d done well.

“How old is he?” Donghae asked after a while. He followed the two towards the park. Myungsoo even held one of his hands as they crossed the street.

“Almost three.”

“Were you planning on telling me about him?” he said quietly. He looked at Myungsoo as he happily climbed up the slide.

“It’s not what you think,” she said.

“How can you know what I’m thinking?” Donghae snapped. He had come back to Yoona’s hotel room to find her gone. And now, he sees her with a child, with just the right age to be his son, calling her his mother.

“L!” a voice from afar called. Myungsoo turned his head and bounced down the slide to run towards a tall man. Yoona put her hands up to wave and he saw the man coming closer, with Myungsoo on his arms.

“What the hell were you thinking giving him another ice cream? If he gets tonsillitis again, you’re taking him to the hospital, not me.” The man seemed to be very familiar as he came closer. He stopped short when his eyes landed on Donghae.

“Stop calling him L,” Yoona said as she wiped Myungsoo’s face.

“Sungyeol?” Donghae said from behind her.

“Donghae?” Sungyeol answered back.

“Hey man. It’s been so long,” Donghae said awkwardly, giving Sungyeol a fist-bump.

“Yeah, uh, am I missing on something here?” Sungyeol asked pointedly.

“Actually, I was just asking the same thing,” Donghae said, looking at Yoona who was looking lovingly at Myungsoo.

 

“Sungyeol got Bernice pregnant just as they were entering their junior year. She ran away and gave birth to Myungsoo far away from here. She managed to hand Myungsoo over to Sungyeol just before her parents got ahold of her. We never saw her since,” she explained to Donghae over coffee. Myungsoo was beside her, sleeping with his head on her lap.

“Dad almost killed me when he found out the baby I brought home was my own. Good thing Yoona here was graduating,” Sungyeol said from out of nowhere. He bent down to take Myungsoo in his arms. “I better get L home. Is it safe for us to go back to your place? Or is Jess still mourning?”

“She still is. I’ll see you at home. Stay away from the flat.” The two watched as Sungyeol exited the cafe with the sleeping Myungsoo in his arms.

“About the same time you got-“

“About the same time. I’ve known even before we went to Leruthia. It was one of the reasons I was scared for you, for us. Sungyeol couldn’t tell Dad. He wanted to run away with Bernice, but she didn’t want him to, for fear of him being killed by her own parents.”

“How did Uncle Minho take it?”

“He didn’t. Mom was the one who talked sense into him. He pretty much disowned Sungyeol. I brought both of them with me when I transferred here. I’ve been Myungsoo’s mom ever since.”

“I’m sorry. I thought-“

“It’s alright. I would have hoped he was mine. That he was the son I let go. But he isn’t.” Tears began to flow from her eyes. She wiped them furiously. “What are you doing here, anyway?”

“I- I came for you,” Donghae said grimly. “You left me again.”

“I- I didn’t,” she said. “Y- You left me. You were gone when I woke up. No note or text or anything whatsoever.”

“I’m sorry. I had to go to Siwon. I forgot you always woke up early,” he said with his head hung low.

“What are you really here for, Donghae?” She was hoping for the best, knowing that it may be near impossible from coming true.

“I’m here for you, Yoona. Last night was not a mistake and we both know that. Just when I thought we’ve finally cleared things up, you run away from me again.”

She looked at him silently, questions filling her head. He reached over and grabbed one of her hands, “Let’s start over, Yoona. The whole three years had been hell. And yesterday? All it took me was one day to decide that I can’t live without you ever again.”

 

 

“And this is my flat. Jessica and I live here,” she said gesturing towards the tall building.

“Nice. But the building’s crooked,” Donghae said analytically. “If a magnitude 8 earthquake comes, you better be somewhere else.”

“It doesn’t look crooked to me.” She tilted her head, looking up at the building. “Well anyways, I have to go. Do you know your way from here?”

“Do you really have to go?” Donghae said sadly. He hated to part with her on these terms.

“Donghae, you- you really don’t understand,”

“Tell me. Tell me please what I don’t understand. Make me understand why we can’t be together.” He took a step towards her. He wanted so badly to just wrap her up in his arms and never let go.

“Because I- Because,” she stuttered. She forced herself to talk. “Because I have done a lot of things in the past that you would hate me for. And not until I have forgiven myself for that, I can’t move on from it. It haunts me.”

“Well then, let’s pretend all those things never happened. Let’s start from the beginning. Hi, I‘m Lee Donghae,” he said sternly, ing his hand out for a handshake.

“Donghae, please.” The tears that she had held back were now flowing freely.

“Yoona, please don’t cry.” Donghae stepped closer to her and wiped her tears. He encircled his arms around her, cooing her to calm down.

“You won’t understand. You won’t understand,” she repeated over and over again. He wanted so badly to take away the pain, but Yoona just won’t let him in.


Anybody notice my selfishness? HIHIHIHI. Did anybody notice? :)))))

 

I'm terribly sorry for the lame chapter ending. I- I don't know. I'm terribly lame at endings. I think I have separation issues. :))

 

I'd like to give a shoutout to nerdscandy. This may sound creepy, but I seriously love you girl. :))) Thanks for...everything. :D Plus, she probably was the only one who managed to guess who Myungsoo is. :P

 

Big thanks to Vicky_Zeng too for the vote. :D

 

Please keep on commenting ya'll. And do vote! Love ya lovely readers! :D