The Flight Back

The Chase

“Last call for all passengers boarding flight 324, please proceed to gate 5 immediately.” she heard from the speakers overhead.

With a heavy heart, she trudged her way to the airport gate.

Last night had probably been one of the best and worst nights of her young life. They had gone clubbing after they had both changed to more appropriate clothes. Turns out the place he was staying at was near her hotel.

“I didn’t know you still had the moves,” Donghae chuckled. They were in the middle of the dance floor and Yoona was dancing her heart out.

“Gosh. I can’t believe you made me drink. You know how much I change once I drink a glass,” she giggled. She was feeling warm and fuzzy inside, even after just two glasses.

“Hey. You were the one who accepted the drink from the bartender and from the stranger across the bar,” Donghae said with an odd look. Apparently, not only the bouncer and the other guys from outside were mesmerized by Yoona’s looks. She sparkled in the night and he was just thankful that it was his arm around her waist, not some other guy’s.

“Awww. My baby’s jealous,” she giggled, placing her hands on his shoulders. She stopped short when she realized what she had just said. Damn alcohol, she thought.

“Damn right, I am,” Donghae said suddenly. Hearing her call him ‘baby’ again stirred up feelings inside him. Maybe I wasn’t the only one who still feels this way, he thought. He grabbed her waist and pulled her nearer to him.

“Donghae, I’m sor-“ she managed to say before his lips crashed down on hers.

“Good morning Ma’am, may I see your plane ticket?” The flight attendant in front of her was all smiles, oblivious to what she was feeling. “Please proceed,” the flight attendant said politely.

She walked towards the cabin and found her seat. She settled in, trying to ease away her uneasiness with what happened.

“Hae, I can’t- I can’t find my key,” she said in between kisses. They were already outside her hotel door and she was searching madly for the damn key while trying to keep the distance between them the least as possible.

He chuckled before letting her lips go. He settled for her hair as she rummaged around her bag. “You smell real good,” he said as he nudged her hair with his nose.

“I give up. Let’s just go to your place,” she said, letting go of her bag. She took his face in her hands and gave him a long kiss.

“You’re not going to make me walk with this,” he grunted as he ground his hips to hers.

She blushed as she felt the hardness in his pants. “Fine. We’ll just have to settle with the floor then,” she giggled.

“I am not letting some random person ogle at my girl’s writhing body on the floor,” he said sternly. He took her bag from hers and started his hunt for the damn key.

She blushed as she heard him refer to her as his girl. She hooked both hands on his neck and planted kisses on his jaw. She heard the door click open and felt her body tingle as Donghae pushed her inside, locking the door behind them.

“Please fasten your seat belt,” the flight attendant said as she strolled past Yoona.

She willingly obliged and gazed out at the clear sky outside as the people scamper to prepare for the plane’s take off.

“We shouldn’t have left him on the floor,” Yoona said as she drew circles on his chest.

“He asked for it,” Donghae said pointedly. “Why are you defending him anyway? Don’t tell me you enjoyed that.” He his side and gazed at the woman he loves. He had just witnessed some other guy grinding his body on Yoona’s.

She smiled flirtingly at him. “Well, not as much as I enjoyed this,” she said, caressing his chest down to his well-toned abs and lower.

He caught her hand with his. “Are you telling me you enjoyed it still?”

“Well...” she batted her eyelashes. She giggled loudly when he positioned himself on top of her and tickled her furiously. “Stop it!”

She looked gorgeous from under him. Her after- hair spread out on the pillow. She was giving off that after-glow he had missed these years. “Why’d you leave?” he asked suddenly.

The beautiful smile left her face as she remembered that night. She closed her eyes as she tried to ignore the pain she feels every time she remembers. She felt Donghae leave her body and lie down beside her.

“I understand you not wanting to elope. I even understand why you wanted the abortion. But what I don’t understand was why you had to leave me,” he added.

“I- I’m sorry.” She was fighting the tears that were threatening to come out. “I don’t know. I just thought- I just had the feeling that I had to leave.”

“I looked for you everywhere that summer.”

“I didn’t want to be found.”

Silence hovered over them for a few minutes. “You seem happy when I saw you back at campus. You avoided me at all cost.”

“I- I had to move on. I figured you didn’t want me back after what happened.”

“But I did. I loved you more than you can imagine.”

Yoona closed her eyes when she heard the word ‘loved’. Everything seemed to be over for them. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry. It’s a long time ago. Things have changed.” When he turned to look at her, tears were spilling from her eyes. “Oh gosh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to- Oh please stop crying.” He buried his face on her hair, hugging her from the side.

“I’m really really sorry,” she said over and over again. For a long time, they laid there his arms around hers and her crying on his chest.

“Would you like something to eat?” the flight attendant asked her. She politely refused and looked outside. They were on top of the clouds, a sight she used to enjoy every time she flew.

She glanced to her sides. It was a 3-hour flight and the other passengers were using the time to rest. She seemed to be the only one awake in the cabin. She sighed as she shifted her gaze towards the clouds. Everything seemed to be better than how she feels inside.

“You left after graduation,” he said after a while. “I asked your parents about you. Aunt Yuri said you immediately took up the job in Kaiza. Looks like you finally got your dream job.”

She looked up at him and gazed back at his lovely face. “I never had a dream job,” she shook her head.

“Really? Chief fashion designer for Rogue models? No dream job, you say?” he chuckled.

“I only said that because you said you wanted to build buildings in Kaiza. Rogue was the biggest fashion label in Kaiza,” she said quietly. “What happened to you after college?”

“I stayed in Koraima with hopes of you coming back. Built a few buildings, managed to make Koraima commercialized with a few businesses. Tried to buy Rogue,” he chuckled. He caressed Yoona’s face lovingly. “Everything I did was to get you back. After a year, I figured you really weren’t coming back. Uncle Minho told me you were stubborn and wanted to stay in Kaiza.”

“I couldn’t face you. Not after what happened,” she said simply. They were back to this topic again.

“Why did you leave? What was the real reason, Yoona? Everything was fine that day and then bam, you suddenly left me. Why?”

“I- I-“ She figured that if there was a time to come clean, it must be now. “I read Siwon’s text to you. How he missed you and all. I thought it was sweet. That was before we found out I was pregnant. And when you said you wanted to elope, I was ecstatic. But Siwon’s face kept on appearing in my head. And then Aunt Hyo and Uncle Hyuk. You can’t leave them, not for me. They needed you. And then I thought about my parents, what they would say if I come home pregnant. They’d hate me. No. They’d hate you. And I don’t want that. I don’t want them to hate you. But you were so keen on running away.” Tears had now started to fall from her eyes. Donghae wiped them silently.

“But after that? At school? Why didn’t you talk to me? I was always waiting for you, always looking for you. Why, Yoona?”

“Because I killed our baby, Donghae! I killed him. It was all me. I killed something you wanted to have. I killed the product of our love! I don’t think you’d forgive me for that, heck, I can’t even forgive myself for that. I killed him Donghae, I killed him,” she cried. Donghae remained silent for the rest of the night. When she woke up the next morning, he was gone.

“This is your captain speaking. We have successfully landed in Kaiza. Thank you for flying with us.”


Managed to nail it without making the chapter too rated M. *giggling furiously*

Oops. Forgot that this was a sad chapter. *still giggling furiously*