one

7 Daughters and 12 Sons

 

1 new message unread 

'Sweeties, please be at home before 7. I would like to have a dinner with you guys. Don't forget !'

From : Mom 

Minseok look at his phone weirdly. Why would mom suddenly telling them to be at home before 7 ? aren't they always be home before 7 and always have dinner together ?. He look at his watch and read the date. 'hmm, it's not a special date. it's not mom's birthday nor the others .. hmm, weird' 

He quickly speed dialing his brother, Kim Suho. Suho own a sport center at Hongdae area while Minseok is working with JJ & Lee Corporation as the manager in Human Recources department. 

"Hello ?" after a few seconds, Suho pick up his call. 

"Yes hyung ?" Suho answer. 

"Do you get mom's text message?" he ask directly. 

"Yes. You feel it too right ? the unwanted feelings. You know, mom always sent us messages like this if she have something important to tell" Suho tell his brother his thought/ 

"me too. Do you know what is mom up to these day?" He ask.

"Huh .. you're too busy with work hyung that's why you didn't notice" 

"notice what ?" 

"mom, she always late to get home and once she arrived, she always said that she already had dinner outside and she put up some effort to her appearance these day. I have a feelings that she's meeting someone" there you go, Inspector Suho on the role. 

"nah , i don't think so. Maybe Eunji already tell mom about her beloved Lee Hoya and maybe we will have a dinner with our brother-in-law-to-be" Minseok said as he chuckle when he remembered Eunji's boyfriend. He was kind a suprised when Eunji told them that she already have one. Who would think that the Eunji who pick pants over skirt and plain t-shirt over blouse would ever has a boyfriend. But then, they stop teasing her after they saw how Eunji turn into more lady-like after she declared with Hoya. 

"Haha ! it might be one of the reason" Suho continue his laugh. 

"Haha, let's just see tonight. Ah ! who will pick up the quadraplets at the university today ?" 

"uhm , Jongdae will because Eunji is busy with her vocal class" Suho said. 

"okay then, i'll pick up Hayoung from her ballet class this evening" Minseok undirectly telling Suho to go straight back home after his work done. 

"okay, i'll hang up now. bye ! see you tonight." Suho bid goodbye and Minseok hang up too. 

 

By 6 PM, all the Kim siblings already at home except Jong In and Kyungsoo who might be a bit late because they have their dancing class. All 7 of them sit at the spacious living room, glancing back and forth to the kitchen which is currently being occupied by their mother. They saw her speed walking from the kitchen and the dining room to set up the table. She seem so busy that's they didn't dare to disturb her. 

They look at each other faces, trying to give each other the you-go-and-ask look. Then their eyes fixed to one person. 

"ugh ! you always make me do this" Hayoung said unsatisfied. 

"of course, you are the maknae" Sehun and Tao high fived each other. 

"shut up"  hayoung glare at them but still rise up from her sit and walk to the kitchen with 12 pair of eyes following her. 

Hayoung scratch her head for a second as she saw her mother are still busy with her cooking. 'what should i say ?' 

"oh ! sweetie ! can you help me set up the plates around the table please ? it's so hard working without your Kyungsoo oppa. He would help me for sure" She said without looking at Hayoung's face.

"u-uh sure" she hesitated a bit before giving a signal to her brothers and sisters that she didn't know what to do.

All of them just giving her the just-ask-her-! look.

Hayoung walk beside her mother and pretend to look around her dishes.

"so mom, what is the occasion tonight ?" Hayoung's question received a chuckle from her mother.

"i knew it. Tell the others that i won't tell you anything about tonight. You guys should learn to be patience for once. Now go up stairs and pick your best dress. I need to finish up this cooking before that person come. Go !"

Hayoung pouted and walk back to the living room and right after that the main door open revealing the tired and sweaty Jong In and Kyungsoo. The elders quickly pull them over the couch. 

"what did mom say?" they ask in unison to Hayoung. 

"mom said .. mom said .. to wait and go dress up" Hayoung said and run to her room. The others growl, frustrated. They all rise up and go to their own room to change with one question in their head, 

what is their mother up to ? 

 

 

 

 

author note : short update. i have things to do. i'll try to update again tonight. enjoy !