nine

7 Daughters and 12 Sons

 

 

Yookyung wake up from her bed. She glance toward her bedroom window and saw that it was raining heavily. With thunder and lighting, Yookyung knows that it will be along night for her. Since she was a baby, she never slept when it was raining. It's disturbing for her. Yookyung sigh and grab her cardigan that was hang beside her bed. She walk out and head to the kitchen. Maybe a hot chocolate would help her to stay awake and keep herself warm. 

 

As she pour her hot chocolate in the cup, she thinks it might be a great time to explore the vacation house. It's been 3 days since the wedding day and she still didn't get chance to explore the private island of the Wu's. Yookyung take her cup and start to walk. She walk along the hallway and realizes that most of the wall was filled with big artistic picture and a couple of wall was painted by one professional painter she can say. 

 

Yookyung stop for awhile and look to the left and right. She was starting to get sleepy and now, she just don't know the way back to her room. As she keeps thinking about her way back, she saw a stairs that go down and there was some light on. Yookyung anxiously walk toward the stairs and walk down. 

 

"wow" she open the door and step in. There is an indoor rose garden in front of her and the fact that it is filled with only the roses, makes her feels like she want to fly. No one knows how addicted she is to roses except her family. Yookyung smiles widely and walk along the garden. 

 

"what are you doing here?" an unfamiliar voice reach her ear. Yookyung froze on her spot. She heard the footsteps approaching her. 'i shouldn't come in ..'

 

"heads up" Yookyung who was keeping her head down start to raise her head up. 

 

"well well, what is the Kim's doing in the Wu's private indoor garden ?" he emphasize the word 'private'

 

Yookyung stay silent and avoid his eyes. Yookyung was a silent and anti-social type around other people except her family. It really takes her such a time to talk and get close to people. 

 

"you're not deaf or mute are you ?" he try to make her to look at him. 

 

well, he failed. Yookyung just show him a peach sign and run out from the garden. Which way to to go back to her room she didn't know but she will find a way instead of talking to the Kims. 

 

"hey !" Yookyung didn't look back and just continue ignore him. 

 

                                                                                    _____________________________________________

"Noona, wake up ! why are you sleeping here ?" Kai, her twins try to wake her up. 

 

"uh .. Kai .. em ? how did i sleep here ?" Yookyung questioned back her twins but seeing the clueless Kai, she just get up and walk to her room. 

 

Kai look at his noona by 5 minutes weirdly but soon he ignored it and walk to the kitchen.

 

"i'm so hungry .. what did we have here ?" Kai frown when there is nothing to eat for breakfast. 

 

"Nothing. Chorong unnie went to the shore with your hyung to buy the groceries. There is nothing to eat until they get back" Wu Naeun, the triplets of the Wu speak up. 

 

"wow , who's we got here ? Did the ice princess finally talking ?" Kai walk to Naeun,smirking. 

 

"i am talking but not with a jerk like you" Naeun push Kai away and walk to the refrigerator. 

 

"Oh really ? i wonder who is more jerk , me or your ignorant annoying boyfriend ? " 

 

"he's better than you" Naeun look at him with a deathly glare as she pour the milk into her glass. 

 

"really ? in what way he's better than me ?" Kai said in a challenged tone. 

 

"He's sweet, a gentleman. He's good in sport and most importantly, he treats me nicely" 

 

"Well, it's look like i have more point than him. I'm handsome, rich, popular. I'm a basketball start if you want to know. I can be sweet if i want and I only be gentleman to my woman not like your boyfriend. He treats you nicely but he did it to other girl too. Beat that." He smirk. 

 

"Seriously Kai, what kind of grudge are you holding in to him ? Did he ever did wrong to you ? Ugh ! I hate someone who thinks highly of himself, like you !" Naeun said her last word before she leave him. 

 

"Yes he did Naeun. He gave me such a big scar that i alone can't cover it up" Kai muttered silently. 

 


_____________________________________________

 

"Chorong, can i ask you something ?" Suho said as he helps her organizing the groceries they bought. They just came back and saw that the house is empty. Seems like everyone is out for a buisness. 

 

"Sure, what is it ?" 

 

"Did you and your siblings always in a bad term ? I mean, i see that you guys are not going along with each other. You know what i mean .. you guys seems so close yet so far from each other" 

 

Chorong stop her work and look at him. 

 

"Sorry, i shouldn't ask that" Suho apologize and continue his work.

 

"it's not our choice. I also don't want to be like this. Everything seems like it was being planned. After mom died, dad become too immersed with his work. He never had a time for us. I know it's hard for him to take care all of us but i know he's trying. Ever since mom death, my siblings start to breaking up. We never really talk to each other. Once in a while. We never had a family vacation nor a siblings talk. Everyday, the house was filled with shouting and yelling. As a sister, i don't want them to be like that. But sometimes, i felt like i want leave all things behind and being selfish. I think that my life would be perfect without them. But i'm wrong, good or bad, they are my siblings and i don't want to lose them in any way" Chorong smile and look at Suho. 

 

"i'm sorry for asking that" 

 

"No no, it's fine. Let's get back to work and help me with the brunch. They must be hungry" Chorong wiped her tears and continue to work. 

 

After an hour, the brunch is done and all the family are back in the house. All of them are sitting together , just like a family. Well, it's because Ahra and Jianmeng are there. 

 

"thank you for the food chorong, it's delicious" Ahra said to the eldest daughter. Chorong nod and smile to her. 

 

"Why are you guys so silent today?" Jian Meng said to his children. 

 

"well, we are trying not to kill each oth- auw !" Baekhyun said but immediately his legs being kicked by Eunji who was sitting in front of him. She sign to him to not saying anything. 

 

"N-nothing" Baekhyun smiles to the curious parent and continue to eat as his mind keep cursing the girl in front of him

"Boys and girls, we have an announcement. Your mother and I decide to go to honeymoon !" Both Jian Meng and Ahra clap,excitedly but zero reaction for the kids. 

 

"and?" Kris ask. He's sure there was something they need to do. Jian Meng won't just leave them like that. Not after he sense that all of them are not in a good term. 

 

"and, since all of you are still in your vacation. I demand for you guys to stay here until we come back. No one are allowed to leave this island without my permission. But you can go to shore to window shopping or maybe snorkelling" He excitedly told them his plan. 

 

"what ? no ! father !" The Wu's try to object. 

 

"Discussion close" 

 

"when will you go ? " Bomi ask out of her curiousity. 

 

"hmm .. now ! the boat are already here" Ahra said and get up. 

 

"Now !?" all of them said in unison. 

 

"yes darling" 

 

"where to ?" Bomi asked. 

 

"Japan" 

 

"and you're going to honeymood without your bag or something?" Luhan said. 

 

"No, we decide to just go and shop there. Well, bye kids !" 

 

"Mom !" 

 

"Father !"