Spending Time with the Dorky Kid

I Come To You At Night

Ch.7 Spending Time with the Dorky Kid 

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

I got home by evening and Seohyun and I cooked until appa came home. After we enjoyed a good meal and I was washing the dishes, Kris appeared at the front door.

“Hello Mr. Kim. Hey Seohyun,” he greeted. They were happy with his presence. They must have gotten along while I was gone during the afternoon.

He entered the kitchen, “Hey Hyo.”

“What are you doing here,” I asked with a curious tone

“Just something… Here I’ll help you,” and he rolled up his sleeves and started to grab the sponge.

“No, I’ll do it by myself. You’re a guest”

“No I’ll help you. It’s ok,”

“No really its fine, I want to do it by myself.”

“No, we’ll finish earlier if I help you,”

“Hey this is my kitchen. You get out!” I had raised my voice but it wasn’t really a scream. Then there was a pause. ‘Oh no, was I too harsh? Aish, why couldn’t I just let him? I didn’t want to work my guest…’

He smiled. ‘Was that a smile I saw?’ Then the smile turned into a grin as he splashed water and soap onto me.

“Hey! Why you... No more being Ms. nice girl.” I splashed water and soap onto his well combed hair.

“YOU!” He screamed and pointed at the same time, “You’re dead.” He the water faucet and sprayed my face. We splashed each other and ended up laughing and soaking wet.

“Haha, you hyoraengi. You’ve got soap on your face,”  

“AHhaha look at you. You have a soap beard.” We agreed to stop and cooperated to wash the dishes. After we were finished he told me to go wash up and wait for him as he goes home and change. ‘What does that kid plan on doing?’

“Arasso everything’s done let’s go,” Kris called upstairs to me when he came back.

I walked downstairs in a clean, fresh outfit. “Go where?”

“Mr. Kim I’m taking Hyo out for a bit of fresh air. We’ll be right back,”

“Alright. Take care of her for me.” Appa replied.

“Wait? Where are you taking me,” I continued to ask as he grabbed my wrist and led me to his car.

“You’ll see,” he smiled.

In the car, there was an aromatic scent coming from his car freshener.

“Hyoraengi, you’re a prankster aren’t you?” he suddenly asked.

“Yea why? You’re afraid now?” I couldn’t help but . Somehow, it came naturally to me. I felt that we had this comfortable aura with each other.

He chuckled, “Ani. I’m the king of pranks. If you’d known all the pranks I played on Luhan. You’d be rolling on the floor laughing right now.”

“Tell me.”

“Nah, he’d kill me,”

“Please? I won’t tell anyone.”

“Alright.” He told me some of the pranks he played on Luhan and they were indeed creative and nicely executed. I couldn’t help laughing and the whole time I didn’t even pay attention to where we were going until he stopped and said, “Kay we’re here but close your eyes.”

“Close my eyes? Ok fine.” I closed my eyes and he helped me get out of the car. I felt a breeze and I can hear the sound of water. ‘Are we near the sea?’

“Okay, now open your eyes. Here we are.” I opened my eyes to a beautiful landscape. We were on top of the hill facing the sea. This spot was pretty secluded. It was hard to spot and we were the only ones there.

“Wow. It’s breathtaking.”

“And relaxing too, it’s a good spot if you ever want to relieve any stress.”

“This place is amazing. How did you find it?”

“Oh haha,” he chuckled, “One time when I was a kid. I went hiking around this area with my family and got lost. Then I ended up here. It’s a pretty nice place. So far you’re the only other person that knows besides me.”

“Awww. Thank you. What an honor.” I spread my arms out and pretended I was flying by running around the place.

“What a dorky kid you are,” he knuckled my head softly.

“Then you’re the dorky kid’s sidekick,” I chaffed. We stayed there for a while, relaxing and admiring the view. Then he brought me home and I crashed onto bed. ‘What an active day I had. That last thing was breathtaking. Oh wait, I need to do something before I go to bed.’

 

Seohyun’s P.O.V

“Unnie wake up! We’re late. Dad already left for work. Hurry!”

Hyo unnie finally woke up, “Aish, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” and she rushed to brush her teeth.

“I did but you didn’t hear. Anyways, your uniform is downstairs. I’ll go grab some bread and put it into the bike basket.” I searched for her bike but couldn’t find it, “Unnie, where is your bike? I can’t find it.”

“AHH!” she hit her head with her fist, “I left it at school yesterday and walked home with Luhan.”

“What now? Oh I know, you can sit behind me.”

“Alrighty then. Let’s go I’m done.”

“Ani,  you didn’t change into your uniform yet.” My clumsy sister, she must have been really tired last night to sleep until now. She can never do things right when she’s rushing. I got outside first and I saw Kris approaching.

“Annyeonghaseyo. What are you doing here right now?”

“We’re late for school & unnie left her bike at school so we’re going to ride on mines together.”

“Aish that girl, so clumsy.” Then Hyoyeon appeared and Kris eyed her with his raised eyebrow and playfully teased, “Wow, now you really look like a hyoraengi.”

“Unnie, you didn’t even brush your hair yet and your uniform is buttoned incorrectly. You shifted the entire buttons one button down.”

“Ahh,” Hyo screamed. “Sorry guys, I’ll be right back.”

“Seo go help your unnie and the two of you relax okay? I’ll give you a ride to school with my car so it’ll give you guys more time to clean things up. I’ll wait out here.” And he coolly waited by his car.

“Thanks oppa,” I replied and helped Hyo. We came out 5 minutes later and neatly organized.

“Wait up,” Hyoyeon ran inside and grabbed a wrapped box. “Okay let’s go.”

“Thanks sidekick,” Hyoyeon said to Kris in the car. He just smiled and replied, “you’re welcome kid.”

“Sidekick?” I asked but they chuckled.

Hyo spoke up, “yup, we’re partners in crime. There will be something great coming. But anyways, what’s with the oppa?”

“Oh, he’s older than me and like a brother so I call him oppa.”

“Yeah, look how sweet your sister is and you. Why don’t you call me oppa?” Kris queried.

“Eww. I can’t ever bring myself to say that word to you,” Hyoyeon said and stuck out her tongue.

“One day without knowing, you’ll end up saying that word constantly. Okay you’re here.”

“That will never happen but thanks for the ride.”

"Thanks oppa," I said and it sent chills to Hyoyeon's spine as she glared at me trying to put up an angry face. 

 

Luhan’s P.O.V

I saw Hyoyeon rushed to class. The areas under her eyes were a bit dark. Did she sleep late?’ After class, she turned around to face me and handed me a covered box.

“Here you go. This was what I promised.”

“What is it?”

“You’ll see when you open it,” she got up and was about to leave.

“Thanks,” I managed to mutter. “Don’t do something like this again if you have to stay up at night to make it.”

“How did you know?”

“Your eye bags are pretty apparent you know. Anyways, thank you.”

She smiled, “its ok, I promised and I will definitely keep it. Goodbye.”

 Right after she left, Yuri approached me.

“What’s that? Did she give you that? Why?”

“It’s nothing much just something she owed me. Anyways, Ms. Lee is looking for you. Go find her.” I relayed the message I got from Chen as he ran out the door before.

 

Chen’s P.O.V

There are too many people participating in the singing audition that they split it into 2 times: one during lunch and one after school. My audition time is during lunch so I’ve got to go get ready. As I approached the back stage, I heard an angelic voice.

“Uh hmm,” I cleared my throat after she finished, “That was really beautiful. You have a nice voice.”

“Oh no, my voice isn’t that good. I was just warming up.”

“No it’s really good. Are you preparing for the singing audition?”

She blushed shyly, “Ne. Are you auditioning as well?”

“Yup,” I replied, “I’m excited for it,”

“Really? I’m nervous,” she replied with an uneasy tone.

“Don’t be… What’s your name?”

“Seohyun.”

“Don’t be worried Seohyun. You will definitely pass and win the audition for the female side. I just have to win the male section and we would be singing together for the school’s performance.

“That would be amazing. I hope I could. I wish you good luck too…?”

“Chen.”

I wish you good luck too Chen.”

 

Respectively by the end of the day, they found out they had both passed the first round.