A Stunning Surprise

I Come To You At Night

Ch. 5 A Stunning Surprise 

 

No one’s P.O.V

“UNNIE!” Seohyun cried and ran to her sister’s side.

“Let me go!” Hyoyeon screamed, kicked him in the shin, and threw him a punch in the stomach. He cried in pain and was forced to let her go as he cupped his knee and stomach. Then Hyoyeon ran towards the approaching Seohyun and grabbed her hand while they helped each other on their bikes and was about to run away when… they heard a really loud whistle blow coming from the car. Everyone stopped. Next a figure got out from the car and,

“Mrs. Lu?” the girls exclaimed.

“Yup it’s me. I just wanted to invite you girls to go shopping with me,” she grinned.

Seohyun and Hyoyeon were both confused. “Whaat? Why did you try to have a man drag me to the car.”

“Oh that,” she chuckled, “I saw how both of you guys were all feeling down so I decided to have a little fun as I test your ability to act in a sudden dangerous situation and guess what? You passed!”

“Wow, you’re unpredictable just like my unnie.”

“Hey!” Hyoyeon gave her sister a teasing glare.”

“Oh really? I’ll take that as a compliment. Now girls join me for shopping.”

“Shopping? I don’t know. I don’t feel like going today. I’m sorry,” Hyoyeon apologized.

“I don’t want to go either, we’re sorry,” Seohyun also apologized.

Mrs. Lu walked towards both of them and gave them both a comforting hug. “Hey, you girls need something to cheer up & shopping is the best way. Don’t think about what happened this morning anymore Hyoyeon and let me help you forget about it. Besides don’t be like my two boring sons, be like the amazing girls I never had.”

Mrs. Lu’s words seemed to have revitalized Hyoyeon. She felt like it was her mom personally cheering her up and she felt extremely happy. Immediately a smile formed on her face and she nodded, “Yes!”

“And don’t worry I already asked for permission from your father as long as I bring you girls back home at 9.

Seohyun was so happy, “Yay, we’re going to be shopping for hours.”

 “Oh sorry Mr. Chauffer for what I did before,” Hyoyeon said as she saw the man’s face from before.

“Don’t worry miss,” he said as he tipped his hat, “It’s my duty & you possess great martial art skills.”

“Thank you.” She replied and blushed.

 

Hyoyeon's P.O.V

Time went by extremely fast. Shopping with Mrs. Lu was extremely fun. She made it much more entertaining. We dressed up in funny outfits and goofed around. We played pranks on Seohyun by switching her water with Sprite and then we hid from her. She thought we left her and ran around frantically looking for us until we came out from behind and hugged her.

‘Hanging out with Mrs. Lu made me happy and comfortable. It’s like she’s a second mom to me.’

“You guys are mean,” Seohyun pouted. But we both started cracking up. Then as if an idea struck her she said, “You know what, Mrs. Lu? You’re like an older version of Hyoyeon with the same personality”

“Oh really? That’s wonderful. No wonder we both get along,” Mrs. Lu observed.

I nodded and all of us continued to walk to the car. It’s already a quarter til 9 and our feet were all sore while our arms are holding onto a billion (not really but there’s a lot) shopping bags. We bought so much and it was all of Mrs. Lu’s doing. She made us tried on many outfits that she thought were cute and then she ended up buying all of them. We helped her choose out beautiful outfits too and she liked our taste so she bought all of it too. Wow, we could literally buy a room’s worth of clothes had we stayed longer.

 

No one’s P.O.V

Seohyun and Hyoyeon came home and their dad was satisfied to see them happy. Then he went to Hyoyeon’s room while she was cleaning her room and preparing her stuff for school tomorrow.

“Hyoyeon, whenever you need an older female adult to talk to, you can go talk to Mrs. Lu. She told me doesn’t mind and encourages you to do so,” Mr. Kim said while sitting on her bed.

“I know appa, thanks,” she said and gave him a hug. “There’s going to be a full moon today.”

“Silly, there was already a full moon yesterday,” he remarked. 

No reply.

“Finish early and go on to sleep okay. I’ll leave the sensors on,” he said as he leaves.

“Yes sir.”

 

At around 1 a.m. in the morning, her sleepwalking kicked in. She got up and walked towards her balcony, and then she climbed/ slid down to the back yard and walked across the street. Her movements were smooth and her eyes were open but she was unconscious of any of this. As if by cue, she turned abruptly to the side of the house, pushed the window up, and climbed in.

In that house at this time, a male had just come home from Canada. His airplane had just landed and he wanted to keep it a surprise from his family so he didn’t tell them. Luckily he still had his keys. He had just left his bags in the living room and was drinking a cup of water when a female ghost?’ appeared out of nowhere from behind him. She had a white nightgown on and her dark hair was down to her shoulders.

Splash. He spitted all the water in his mouth out by surprise. However, instantly he recognized that it was human when he noticed her bare feet on the ground.

“Hey, what are you doing here? Who are you?” he questioned without a tint of fear in his voice.

She didn’t reply and walked around as if not noticing him.

Hmmm. That’s weird,’ he thought. It’s as if she’s sleepwalking. Sleepwalking?! That can't be true, could it?'

He curiously watched her as he tiptoed around following her. The girl, as if by routine, walked around to the couch. She grabbed a pillow, set it down to one side, and grabbed a large jacket (his jacket on the floor with his pile of luggage) and used it as her blanket as she lied down and slept.

He walked up to her, zoomed his face up close to hers, and watched her.

‘What?’ he thought, ‘Wow, something this amazing is happening at home. I should’ve come home earlier.’

With that he tiptoed upstairs to his room and grabbed a thin memory foam mattress and spread it out on the floor next to the couch that she was sleeping on. He gently took her hand and shook it.

“Hello, I’m Kris. I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, sweet dreams my dear,” he said and then lied down on his thin mattress and slept.

 

Luhan’s P.O.V

Ringggg. My alarm clock rang. I had set my alarm clock earlier than usual so I could get up early today to practice dancing. Audition was in a couple of days so I wanted to work out in the morning. I took a shower and got changed. As I was coming down the stairs, I noticed a pile of luggage to the side of the living room.

‘Wait. Is Kris home?’ I thought. As I walked closer to the couch I saw a girl lying on it with her back facing me and a memory foam mattress on the floor besides it.

  “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,” I screamed. After that, the girl sleepily turned the other side which was facing me and slowly opened her eyes.

Then I realized, ‘Wait, that’s Hyoyeon isn’t it? What is she doing here in my house?’

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

Something woke me up from my dream. As I turned to the other side and opened my eyes. I saw a male figure in front of me. I blinked twice.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed.

“What are you doing here?!” we both screamed at once.

‘Luhan was right before me, I was confused. Had I sleepwalked again?’

Then we both heard footsteps running down the stairs.

“What’s wrong?” a female voice asked before I could make out her face.

“Mrs. Lu?” I uttered when I saw her face along with her husband.

“Oh Hyoyeon. It’s just you. I thought something bad happened.”

A shocked look appeared on Luhan’s face.

“Mom, what do you mean? You know her?”

“Mom?” I asked with a surprise. ‘Wait, Mrs. Lu. Lu Han. He lives across the street and she also lives across the street. How did I not make the connection?!’ I shook my head in frustration.   

“Yes dear, he’s my son. My youngest son,” she chuckled.

“What is she doing here in our house? Did she sleep here?!” Luhan persistently questioned which sounded like he was yelling.

A guilty expression formed on my face and I began to feel sick. However, Mrs. Lu walked over to me, sat beside me, and hugged my side.

“Don’t yell at her. I’ll explain everything to you in a bit.”

Just then the front door opened and everyone averted their eyes to the door.

 

 No one’s P.O.V

Kris came back after jogging in the morning to find his whole family crowded around the girl.

“Oh so you guys have met my girlfriend,” he casually teased as he walked in.

A look of shock appeared on everyone’s face.

“Kris? What are you doing home?” Mr. Lu questioned.

“Oh, school doesn’t start till another month for me so I decided to fly back home to Incheon and relax here with you guys. Don’t you miss me?” he continued to talk in a cheery and lighthearted tone as he walked over to his mom.

“I came back last night but I didn’t tell you guys,” he continued, “because I wanted it to be a surprise and then when I got home I happen to find this lovely girl setting up the couch to sleep on… so I joined right next to her until this morning I went jogging.”

Luhan’s and Hyoyeon’s eyes bulged out.

Hyoyeon was stunned she didn’t know what to say.

“What? You slept with her?” Luhan blurted out.

“No, just right next to her,” he replied and gave the girl a wink.

“Hyoyeon,” Mrs. Lu started, “these all my two sons. The elder one is Kris and the one you just met before is Luhan.”

Hyoyeon nodded, “he’s in my class,” she said softly and pointed to Luhan.

“Really? What a small world.”

“I’m sorry for doing this again,” Hyoyeon said with a tint of sadness in her voice.

Before Mrs. Lu could answer, the front door bell rang and Mr. Lu opened it to find Mr. Kim anxiously standing there. He rushed in, found Hyoyeon, and gave her a hug.

“Luckily you’re here,” he said, “I didn’t find you this morning and the sensors somehow didn’t ring last night.” Then he let go and turn towards Mrs. Lu. “I’m sorry that we’ve bothered your household again.”

‘Wait! Is she the girl that sleepwalked here yesterday too?’ Luhan thought.

“No, she didn’t bother us at all. I love having her here,” Mrs. Lu replied with a wink at Hyoyeon.

Then she introduced her two sons to Mr. Lu and Mr. Lu and Hyoyeon to her sons.

“What’s going on around here,” Luhan asked once again and Kris smacked him on the back.

“I’ll take Hyoyeon home now. Once again, sorry for the trouble,” Mr. Lu said as he got up.

“No problem,” Mrs. Lu replied, “I’ll drop by to speak to you later, meanwhile I’ll explain to my boys. Hyoyeon, don’t worry. My boys are nice they won’t hurt you. I’ll visit you later.”

Hyoyeon nodded, bowed shyly, and left with her dad.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to my new subscribers: haruma2911, fanficholic, and hyoyeonbiased 

Finally Kris is in the story right? 

Anyways, I'm debating whether I should change Jin Ae and Soo Jin's names back to Hyoyeon and Seohyun. I have a poll on the foreword page and the chapter before this so if you could take a few seconds to vote that would be awesome.