Our New House & Neighbor?

I Come To You At Night

CH. 2 Our New House & Neighbor :) 

 

No one’s point of view

“So have you girls finished packing yet?” Mr. Kim asked his girls 5 days later.

“Yea appa,” Hyoyeon replied. “But Seohyun is so attached to her stuff she wants to bring everything.” 

“Every single item of mine has memories. I can’t throw it away.” Seohyun pouted.

“Well, try to limit as much as possible ok, we’ll buy new things for you when we live there. If you want you can put some of your stuff in my suitcase too, there’s still space." Mr. Kim said. 

“Really?Thanks appa.”

The Kim family cleanly emptied their house by the last day and had said their goodbyes to their friends the day before. Seohyun and Hyoyeon were sobbing the whole time but they promised their friends that they would video chat and visit during the holiday. Now as they were getting into the van, they looked back at the house. The house that they’ve always known and lived in, the house that contained all of their memories with their mom, the house that was considered their family, and now they must leave it.

After a 4 hour drive (with a lunch break), they arrived at Incheon. They’re going directly to the new house Mr. Kim bought a few days ago. As they pulled into the driveway of the new house, the Kim family noticed how quiet and peaceful the neighborhood was and how spacious the area was. The houses were farther apart from each other here than back at their old house.

“Wow! This house is so beautiful!” Hyoyeon and Seohyun exclaimed in unison.

“It is indeed. So who’s going to choose their room first?” Mr. Kim smiled.

“Me!” Hyoyeon ran into the new house with Seohyun running at her heels. Hyoyeon was always the faster runner so she had ten extra seconds to choose her room before Seohyun came running in.

She scanned the 4 rooms and decided the master bedroom should be for her dad. She chose the room with a balcony window that opened to the backyard and swimming pool. While Hyoyeon was admiring this room, Seohyun screamed from another room, “This room is mine.” Seohyun chose a room right next to the master bedroom that had 2 extra closets than the other two rooms.

 

Hyoyeon’s point of view

After I chose my room, I checked out Seohyun’s room and indeed it was perfect for her. She needed extra compartments to store all her stuff. Then I decided to go outside and help my dad bring all the stuff inside. I opened the front door and took a deep breath. It felt amazing; the cool breeze around mid-afternoon was complimentary. I looked across the street and something caught my eye. The house right across from us had a gigantic tree to the side and under the tree was a hammock. There was a boy about my age lying calmly on it with his eyes closed. ‘Perhaps he was sleeping? Wow, I wish I had that hammock and gigantic tree to sleep under.’  I thought. As I continue to look at him from across the street. He suddenly opened his eyes and stared at me with his piercing eyes. Startled, I didn’t know how to react and he kept staring so I smiled and waved at him in a friendly way. However, right after that he quickly turned the other way and slept.

‘Hmmp. People here aren’t too friendly I guess.’

I continued to unpack my stuff and finally we all dined together by evening.

 

No one’s point of view

“I enrolled you girls into Chunjin High School. You’ll be going to school in 3 days, so be ready and I’ll take you girls to go buy your school supplies tomorrow.”

“Yay appa,” Seohyun was happy to go shopping for school supplies.

“Where’s Chunjin High School,” Hyoyeon asked.

“It’s pretty close here. It’ll just be a 20 min walk for you girls.” I’ll show you it on the way home from shopping tomorrow so go on to sleep now.”

“Nae,” they both replied.

Mr. Kim placed motion sensors by the front and back door so that if Hyoyeon left, it would sound an alarm to the device in his room. Miraculously that night she didn’t sleepwalk at all and was feeling extremely well the next morning.

They went school supplies shopping and Mr. Song bought each of them a bike to ride to school. For the next 2 days, Hyoyeon didn’t sleepwalk at all & it raised the hopes of her family.

 

1st day of school

 ‘Wah, I love being able to ride my bike to school. It’s so comfortable.’ Hyoyeon thought.

ZOT! A dude biked really fast in between Hyoyeon and her sister causing Hyoyeon to lose balance and fall backwards. Thud. It didn’t hurt. She didn’t fall on cement. She fell on someone. Ironically, as she fell backwards she collapsed onto another biker right behind her causing him to also fall from his bike.

“Ugh,” he groaned.

“Ow, I’m sorry. Are you alright,” Hyoyeon apologized as she got up, brush the dirt off her uniform, and pulled her bike up.

Then she extended a hand to help pull him up but he coolly pushed himself up with his legs without using his hands.

Hmm he looks familiar,’  Hyoyeon thought.

“Unnie, are you alright?” Seohyun rushed to her side by this time.

“Ne. AHA! You’re our across the street neighbor!” Hyoyeon exclaimed while pointing at the boy.

The boy just raises his eyebrows and stares at her while leaning closer to her face.

“Nope. I don’t know you,” he finally muttered and quickly jerked his face backwards. He pulled up his bike, plugged in his earphones, and continued to bike to school. 

“Wow, he’s a jerk unnie,” Seohyun remarked when he left them.

“Yea, I hope there won’t be others like him at our school,” Hyoyeon sighed and continued to bike to school with a cheery attitude despite what happened.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Yes teacher?”

“You’ll be sitting here” she indicated to the seat right in front of… the boy that she encountered before; her across the street neighbor?! “In front of Luhan,” the teacher added.

Luhan? That’s his name? It sounds foreign.’ Hyoyeon thought. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chunjin High School is fictional; I made it up on the spot. & things are going to speed up and be much more entertaining now as I've covered the basics so please continue to read and subscribe :) thanks

- Sharkbait0o 

* Original story by sharkbait0o. Please don't copy or repost.