Just Dance

I Come To You At Night

CH. 6 JUST DANCE

 

No one's P.O.V

“WAH! I knew it!” Kris exclaimed, “She sleepwalks. That’s so interesting!”

“The weird thing is that she always sleepwalks to the same place. Back in Chuncheon, she always sleepwalked to the park and now here in Incheon, she always sleepwalks to our house.”

Mrs. Lu had explained to her family Hyoyeon’s condition, what happened yesterday, and everything she learned from Mr. Kim. They all felt really bad for her past.

“I know. I’m going to cure her,” Kris stated.

“Impossible,” Luhan uttered with an annoyed face.

“I will, I’ve been studying psychology and the human brain for 2 years in Canada,” Kris showed off with a smirk.

“Yes you have but don’t use Hyoyeon as an experiment. She’s really special to me. I love her as much as I love you two,” Mrs. Lu warned.

“Ch.. yeah,” her two sons pretended that they were jealous.

“Arasso umma, let’s go over to her house to meet Mr. Kim. I want to ask for his permission.” They left and Luhan was disappointed that he couldn’t do anything. He left for school.

Mr. Kim let Kris handle his daughter’s situation and approved his idea of letting Hyoyeon walk freely to their house when she is sleepwalking so she won’t be stressed out trying to force herself not to sleepwalk. Kris will keep an eye on her and watch her sleep patterns to discover a solution to it. Mr. Kim thanked Kris and had a positive liking of Kris.

Hyoyeon told her sister to bike to school first. She wanted to walk her bike to school. As she was walking, Kris ran up to her.

“Hey, I’ll walk you to school,” Kris said.

“Aniyo, I’ll walk to school by myself.

“No it’s fine I’ll walk you to school. Your dad gave me permission to help you with your sleepwalking.”

Hyoyeon raised her left eyebrow, “You know how to get rid of it?”

“I know what it resulted from. If I could monitor your patterns for a couple of weeks, there’s bound to be a solution.”

“Really?” A smile spread across her face but then she pouted and began circling Kris, Should I trust him? What is there to lose right…’

“You don’t trust me?” he said as if reading her mind.

“I’ll take this gamble,” she said as she extended her hand to him. He shook it, “Deal.” They both smiled.

 

School (before class starts)

“Hyoyeon, I’m glad you’re not down anymore. I was beginning to worry. Also, I did something in your place yesterday,” Sunny said as she fidgeted with her fingers.

“Something in my place? Whatever it is I trust you,”

“Really? Cause I signed you up for the dance audition.”

“What? No, I can’t dance..”

“Yes you can, I saw you dance during break one time when you thought no one was looking.

“I can dance by myself but dancing in front of people is… I don’t know… awkward for me.”

“You can do it. I’ll help you. Your dancing is amazing. It would be a waste if you keep that skill all to yourself.

Hyoyeon couldn’t help but to hug her friend tightly, “Oh what a friend you are. I’ll try but don’t expect much. Did you sign up for the singing audition then?”

“Definitely,” Sunny pronounced it in English and in such a high pitch tone as if she was singing, made both of them laugh.

 

Hyoyeon was walking by herself to her first class because Sunny wanted to grab some snacks. Hyoyeon decided to take a different path and explore the school a little since there’s still time before class starts and she isn’t familiar with the school yet. As she walked down an empty corridor, she saw a door at the end. Curious, she opened it but found out it was only a closet. However, she heard a soft sound of music so she walked deeper into the closet amidst all the cleaning supplies laid out. There was another knob at the end of the closet. She turned it and… an empty room appeared before her. It was fashioned like a modern room. It was supposed to be a storage room but someone turned it into a lounge like area. With a couch, table, carpet, and a boom box on the floor. Hyoyeon explored the area and liked it a lot. She got up and danced to the song that was playing. After that she started rapping to the next song and the minute it finished, she could hear someone clapping in the back. Shocked, Hyoyeon turned around and saw a tall guy around 6 feet.

(Here's the url to get a taste of Hyoyeon's rapping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHL4dEZRFk)

“That was pretty good.”

“Nah, I just played around. Sorry if I invaded your place,” she said as grabbed her water bottle and was about to leave when he grabbed her arm.

“I never said you did,” he grinned, “I’m Park Chanyeol & mind if I ask you to rap with me?”

“Haha kay. I’m Hyoyeon,” and she extended her arm.

They rapped for a while and forgot about going to class until the bell rang.

“Oh no, we forgot about class.”

“We can still make it before the late bell rings,” he replied as he turned the boom box off. “Come on,” he grabbed her hand, closed the door, and they ran to their classroom.

 

Luhan’s P.O.V

‘Hyoyeon is the girl that sleepwalks to my house. Boy that girl is something. She’s so unpredictable but it’s interesting at the same time. Hmm, I wonder where she is. She usually goes to class early and Sunny is already here.’

Just as the bell rings, Chanyeol arrives, apparently running. He’s holding someone’s hand. That’s unexpected; he never holds anyone’s hand. Hyoyeon! He’s holding her hand while running with her to class? Why are they together?’

“Thanks,” Hyoyeon said to Chanyeol and let go of her hand as she made her way to her seat and Chanyeol to his seat.

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

‘I don’t know how to face Luhan now. Now that he knows I sleepwalk to his house. Ehh.’

I acted normal as if nothing has happened and sat down in front of him. During the entire class time he acted as if I wasn’t there. Then as we were about to leave for lunch, I passed him a note. ‘Hopefully he’ll read it.’

 

Luhan’s P.O.V

I got a note from Hyoyeon but I couldn’t read it yet. Yuri was behind me as Chanyeol, Chen, and I walked to the canteen. She would be nosy and grab it before I’d get a chance to read it. However, she left as soon as we got there to eat with her friends, she actually kept her promise not to stick around me for a week. The guys and I sat down.

“I saw you holding a girl’s hand this morning going into class, “ Chen teased, “I thought you weren’t into girls.” He was asking what I wanted to ask.

Chanyeol chuckled, “Yeah, but this girl is different. You know she raps really well.”

“You heard her rap?” I heard myself say.

“By chance this morning, oh there she is. I’m going to go talk to her. See ya.”

“Hahaha Chanyeol. I never thought I’d see this side of him,” Chen grinned.

Aish this Chanyeol. Ditching his pals for a girl. Oh I should look at the note now.’

The note read:

“Sorry for creating chaos in your house this morning. I hope you won’t tell the others about my illness. To make it up for you, I’ll make you something tomorrow.”  

He grinned widely.

Chen noticed it, “What are you smiling at?”

“Oh nothing,” he replied as he tucked the note into his pocket. This girl never seems to disappoint me; always doing something to make my day. Honestly, having her around made school life much more entertaining.’

 

No one’s P.O.V

After school was the first dance audition. The first dance audition was for the boys and the girls dance audition followed after. The 3 dance teachers were the judges. The auditorium was closed so that only dancers (both boys and girls) were allowed. Hyoyeon watched with excitement as she enjoyed the first few male performances until Luhan danced. She was completely taken aback when Luhan danced. He danced with quick and agile movements to the rhythm of the song and she was fascinated. After his performance, Hyoyeon went and tapped him on the shoulder from behind as she went backstage to get ready.

“That was really amazing!” He was stunned to see her here. Yet again stunned to know she liked it.

“Is that my first compliment from a Hyorengi?” he raised his eyebrow as he cornered her into a wall.

“Hyorengi? Aish you too?” *Stare* “I got to go prepare now but honestly your performance was really good, you’d definitely make it to the next round.” She tried to inch her way out and he moved aside for her.

“I won’t tell about ‘that’ and… good luck,” he whispered and left.

Hyoyeon blushed. Then she took a deep sigh before she got on stage.

Luhan watched her performance with a greater surprise than when Hyoyeon had watched him dance. He was mesmerized by her dancing, how she did her robotic movements, how she moved smoothly to the music, and how she smiled.

(If you want to see Hyoyeon's performance, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Te6yZByLA

After all the girls audition there was a 10 minutes break before the judges announce the result.

“Oppa! How did I dance? Did you like it,” Yuri asked Luhan while jumping up and down. He was stunned after Hyoyeon’s dance so he didn’t pay any attention to any performances after that.

“It’s ok, but you might have competition this year,” he smirked as he went to the vending machine.

‘What does he mean?’ Yuri thought.

The 10 minute break drew to an end as the judges announce the result. One of the 2 male dance teachers there stood up and announced, “Out of all 25 male contestants, only 15 of you made it. These are the names: … Luhan…. ...”

“Now for the girls,” this time the female dance teacher in the middle grabbed the microphone and spoke, “Out of all 20 female contestants, only 12 of you made it. Congratulations to Yuri, Hyoyeon…”  

The last judge stood up and spoke, “You boys and girls did a fantastic job. For those that did not make it, I hope you don’t give up hope and continue to practice. Now for those who did, next week we will have the 2nd round. But this time we would be choosing the song. Go home and rest and we would see you boys and girls next week.”

The crowd cheered and dispersed. Luhan avoided Yuri and ran up to Hyoyeon.

“Psstt. I’ll take you home. Come on,” he whispered as he pulled Hyoyeon to the back door.

Hyoyeon didn’t know what was going on but she followed Luhan, tiptoeing until they reached the outside.

“What was that about? Tiptoeing out to the back door,” Hyoyeon asked.

“You are with the most popular boy in school; you don’t want to be mobbed do you?”

“Ahaha. What an honor I have then,” she teased back. Then they both looked at each other and he let go of her hand that he was holding on to the whole time. After that they began walking home until mid way near a convenience store,

“Hey Hyoyeon!” it was Kris. He was eating an ice cream but he had 2 more on his hands.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked upon seeing him.

“Oh running an errand for mom. Then I stopped by afterwards for dessert. You guys want some?” he handed them the two bars still in his hand.

“No thank you.”

“Sure. Thanks,” Hyoyeon replied cheerfully

“You sure Luhan? Kay, more for me.”

Then they got into his car and rode home. “So you think you’re going to sleepwalk today, Hyoyeon?”

“I don’t know. Hopefully not.”

“I told your dad to let you sleepwalk freely so don’t feel pressured to try to contain your sleepwalking.”

“Actually, before this morning I was upset over this whole sleepwalking issue but now that I know you’re going to deal with it, I feel as if a burden is lifted off my chest.”

“How is he going to deal with it?” Luhan butted in.

“It’s a secret,” Kris winked to Hyoyeon who was in the seat right next to him, “but I guess we can start with me having a sleepover at your house.”

“WHAT?!” the other two screamed.

“AHAHA I was kidding. Look at your guys’ faces. But if things get worse, that would be one method to seek.”

Hyoyeon blushed and shook her head back and forth, ‘The things this guy comes up with.’

 

  ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to make today's update a bit longer because I didn't have a chance to update yesterday. From the poll, all of you guys voted to have Hyoyeon's and Seohyun's names so I went back and changed each and every one of it. It was such a tedious process, I can't believe I wrote their names that many times but anyways, forgive me for missing one or two. I also changed the dad (Mr. Song) to Mr. Kim to match Hyoyeon's name. I think that's all I have to say. Thanks for tuning in! 

- Sharkbait0o 

*The videos are not mines. Credit to the owner and uploader. *