The Incident

I Come To You At Night

Ch. 4 The Incident 

 

Hyoyeon's P.O.V

“Miss, wake up,” I heard someone softly calling and poking me at the same time.

“Give me 3 more minutes. I’m really tired,” I sluggishly replied assuming it was Seohyun.

To the side: (Mr. & Mrs. Lu are whispering to each other at a distance and the words nor sound are audible to Hyoyeon).

“Whew, she’s not dead. I thought someone had dumped a dead body in our house to frame us,” Mrs. Lu whispered to her husband.

“Who is she & how did she get here?”

“Beats me.”

“Huuaaa,” I yawned, “Wow, I feel extra tired today.” I shake my head to try to keep me awake and then I got up.

“WAHHHHH! Where am I?” I started to panic and scanned the surrounding. “OH NO no no no this can’t be happening to me.”

“Excuse me miss, not to be harsh or anything but uhm why and how did you get into our house,” a man not too far away from where I’m standing, questioned me. He was tall and built and had a great deep voice. Next to him was a lady, perhaps his wife.

“I’m so sorry, this wasn’t supposed to happen. I hope I didn’t cause any trouble. The truth is…” I paused for a good minute deciding whether I should tell them. “The truth is… I suffer from sleepwalking so at night I sleepwalk and in the morning I find myself somewhere besides home…”

“Sleepwalking?” the lady beside her husband spoke as her face lit up and she raised an eyebrow while grinning.

“Yes ma’am,” I replied, “It’s uncontrollable and unpredictable. I’ve been under this illness for the past 3 weeks and I thought it was gone because it hasn’t occurred for 3 days but I’m mistaken.” I started sobbing.

“Now now dear, it’s alright. You’re safe nothing happened. Now let me take you home and talk this over with your family.” The lady said while giving me a comforting hug.

“No I can’t trouble you. I’ll call my dad to pick me up.”

“No worries. It’s fine. Honey, I’ll take her home. You have to go to work in a bit. I’ll call you afterwards to let you know.”

“By the way dear, I’m Mrs. Lu. What’s your name?”

“Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon,” I softly said. I felt horrible for having to bother people. She was nice and sweet though and it reminded me of mom.

As we stood in the driveway waiting for her to find her car keys in her purse, I thought the house across from the street looked familiar.

‘Hmm. I’m definitely sure I saw that house before. AH! It’s my house.’

“Mrs. Lu,” I called her, “That’s my house,” I pointed to the house across the street. Then I ran towards it and Mrs. Lu ran after me. I rang the bell and my dad opened it.

“Thank goodness you’re alright,” he sighed as he hugged me.

“How did you know I was gone?”

“I was dumb, I thought you didn’t sleepwalk anymore so I turned the sensor off before going to bed last night but then at 3 in the morning after I went to the restroom, I checked in on you and realized you were gone. I was so worried. I ran around the streets looking for you like an idiot. Until now I just came home and was about to go to Chuncheon thinking you went there. Thank goodness nothing happened,” he said all this while clutching my hands.

“Don’t worry. Your daughter sleepwalked to my place instead,” Mrs. Lu said as she approached both of us from behind.

“Who ‘s that?,” my dad asked me while still not letting me go.

“I’m Mrs. Lu,” she said as she extended a hand out to shake. Then dad had to let my hand go to shake it. “Your daughter sleepwalked to my house and my husband and I found her this morning sleeping on the floor in our living room.”

“Oh really? I’m terribly sorry. You probably know by now that she suffers from sleepwalking and it has happened to her for 3 weeks already.” He pretty much said what I told her before.

“Yup, she told us about it this morning and I offered to take her home but then we both realized she lived across the street.”

“Thank you for caring about Hyoyeon. I am indebted to you.”

“Don’t say that. She’s a really charming girl and I’m really curious about her sleepwalking issue. Tell me more about it.”

“Oh come inside, we’ll have some coffee while I tell you more about it. I don’t have to go to work today. Hyoyeon, get ready to go to school.”

“Ne appa. I said as I walked upstairs to get ready." 

 

No one’s P.O.V

Hyoyeon and Seohyun left for school after Seohyun greeted Mrs. Lu and they both said their goodbyes.

“So your daughter started sleepwalking after your wife’s death? Wow, that must be horrible. First losing your wife and now your daughter has an illness. I’m truly sorry. I will try my best to help and look out for her,” Mrs. Lu sympathized. 

“Yea, I think it was kind of my fault too, if I didn’t have to work all day, Hyoyeon wouldn’t have to take care of her mother, her sister, the house, and school all at the same time. That must have stressed her out and caused her to lose sleep…”

“Don’t blame yourself. You needed to work to earn money to pay for your wife’s medical bills.”

“Yea, then I found out that Hyoyeon also had a part time job of sewing fabrics at home to help pay for my wife’s medical bill too and she did all that while taking care of her mom, sister, house, and school all at the same time too. That’s why her grades were kind of going down last year. I’m a horrible father.”

“No you’re not. You loved your family dearly and sometimes things just happen because they happen. It’s nobody’s fault. You also learned from this that Hyoyeon is an extremely filial daughter…” and this makes me love her even more.’ Mrs. Lu thought while smiling.  

“Yes I have to make it up to her so we moved here from Chuncheon to give her a different environment and help her forget about the stressful past.”

“That’s a good decision. I didn’t even know that you’re our neighbor. This is amazing and plus it’s a really big bonus that you have girls. I’ve wanted girls but I’m stuck with two sons who won’t go shopping with me.”

They both chuckled and Mrs. Lu assured Mr. Kim that she would do her best to look out and take care of Jin Ae. Mr. Kim thanked her wholeheartedly.

 

“Unnie are you alright? You seem out of it today,” innocent Seohyun asked. They were walking their bikes to school rather than riding it.

Hyoyeon sighed heavily and faced her sister with a big frown.

“I sleepwalked again.”

“Really? OMG! Where did you go?”

I nodded, “To Mrs. Lu’s house. That’s why she’s at our house now and talking with appa.”

“Aww, we even thought it stopped.”

“I know Seohyun. I’m sorry.”

“No I don’t blame you at all. I’m worried for you,” with that she hugged her sister for the longest time ever in the middle of the street.

 

Luhan’s P.O.V

‘Isn’t that Hyoyeon and her sister? Why is Seohyun hugging her tightly in the middle of the street? Is something wrong?’

Buzz.. my phone vibrated and I fished it out. One text from Chen

Hey dude, are you at school yet? Go sign up for the dance audition before it fills up.”

“I will.” I texted back and biked faster to school dodging the two girls in the street.

‘Something’s wrong with Hyoyeon. She didn’t respond to the teacher’s roll call today until Sunny, sitting to her left, poked her. Then at lunch she didn’t eat despite Sunny trying to feed her. Wait, why am I worrying? Am I even worrying? No, I’m just curious about what happened to the prankster that I saw yesterday. She seemed entirely different today.’

“Oppa. What are you staring at,” Yuri approached me from behind in the cafeteria and tried to hug me but I pushed her arms away.

“Nothing,” I muttered. Yuri is Chen’s younger twin sister and she claims that she’s my girlfriend. She annoys me and my whole family. She came to my house once but it didn’t turn out well and now she won’t give up on me. Sometimes it’s good to have her around when the fangirls are chasing me but otherwise, I can’t stand it.

“Chen. Grab your sister away from me. Yuri, go find another dude to bother,”

“No you’re mine,” She stubbornly said.

“Chen!”

“Arasso, I got it. Yuri, get away from Luhan. Don’t make me lose my best friend,” Chen scolded.

“Ne… did you sign up for the dance audition yet?” Yuri asked as she sat on the chair across from Luhan. “I’m also auditioning and it would be awesome if we could both represent our school for the dance battle.”

“I’m not dancing with you,” I coldly said and averted my eyes toward Chanyeol while he was eating and watching a video clip on his phone.

“Well, I’m going to beat all those other girls and you’re going to end up with a couple dance with me.”

I smirked, “No chance.” As I got up to leave, Hyoyeon bumped into me and another girl behind me tripped so her food tray fell all over me.

“Aish. You again,” I groaned as I tried to brush the food off of me.

“The stench,” I growled. However, Hyoyeon got up and in a really serious, soft, and sincere tone apologized and did a 90 degree bow to me. My eyes widen as her act stunned me. Then she started cleaning up the mess.

“Oppa are you alright?” Yuri ran up to me and helped me brush it off. I didn’t respond.

“She did this to you oppa? What is wrong with you? Don’t you carry your eyes around,” she screamed.

Hyoyeon looked up with a lost and apologetic look and muttered “Sorry,” before running off.

“Hyoyeon-ah!” Sunny called after her.

“That’s it. A sorry and you can run off like that.Hmp,” Yuri complained.

“Yuri…” I started, “You really want to dance with me right?” She nodded vigorously. “So you gotta practice real hard and don’t quit. So don’t come see me for a week and practice really hard okay.”

“But..,” she protested but eventually gave in, “arasso, I got it oppa. Don’t miss me too much.,” with that she ran off.

'Ughh finally I got rid of Yuri. Hyoyeon is really making me curious.'

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

I wasn’t in the mood for anything today. Although Sunny was really nice to me, I didn’t tell her about what was bothering me. I didn’t want to freak out my new friend. I didn’t bother to argue with Luhan even though he and his girlfriend (I think) were both getting on my nerves.

I sighed as I continued to walk my bike home with Seohyun walking silently too. She didn’t want to upset me. Just then a car stopped right in front of us and a man came out and dragged me into the car. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all my subscribers: perrywinklet, rainbow_bananas, lovinghyo16, hyogina, ThienXi, KHD_hhk, FallingDreams, banana1206, Karmeliask, and bxangst. You guys motivated me to continue to update this story so Thank you. Also thank you ThienXi for upvoting my story, it means a lot to me :) Please continue to read, comment, and upvote (if you want) my story, fellow readers :) 

P.S. things are going to get interesting and for those waiting for Kris to arrive. He's coming really soon, probably next chapter. 

 

Hello readers, Jin Ae is suppose to be Hyoyeon and Soo Jin is suppose to be Seohyun but if you guys want me to directly change Jin Ae & Soo Jin's name back to Hyoyeon and Seohyun, then I would gladly do it because honestly I prefer that too. So I'm going to have a poll here. Vote for whatever you want. I will respect your decision.