The Night

I Come To You At Night

Ch.10 The Night 

 

What happened that night?

Kris’s P.O.V

‘Hyoyeon’s recent actions seemed strange. Will she sleepwalk tonight? Maybe I should sit on the lookout for her.’ At about 11 p.m. when everyone had gone to bed, I walked over to the Kim’s house and laid on their swinging set. I brought a blanket, a book, and a flashlight with me. I read for about an hour and then I got tired and just sat there looking at the sky for a while until I heard footsteps. Sure enough it was Hyoyeon. She was walking as if by cue with her eyes open just like when I first saw her. Indeed she was sleepwalking. I got up and followed her. She crossed the street to my house. Boy if that wasn’t dangerous enough; she started to climb the stairs in the backyard that led to Luhan’s room. However, I remember that he locked it securely the next day so I rushed into the house and ran up to his room. I unlocked the window and that woke him up.

“What are you doing in my room?”

“Unlocking your window because we’ve got a visitor”

“Hyoyeon?” he asked raising his eyebrow.

“Yup. She’s coming this way. Watch her, it’s pretty fascinating.”

With that said Luhan became immediately wide awake and stuck his head out the window to see where she was.

“She’s coming in,” he said and stepped backwards to allow space for her. She calmly came in and arranged the bed to sleep in. In a couple of minutes, she was lying asleep on the bed.

“Wow, I can’t believe what just happened and I witnessed it,” Luhan whispered.

“I witnessed it twice but it’ll still be fascinating no matter how many more times.”

“How did you know she was going to sleepwalk?”

“Here, let’s leave her alone. Go on over to my room and sleep and I’ll explain to you everything,” Kris said as he closed the window that she entered.

I explained about Hyoyeon’s actions that night and what I ended up doing. “So I think that whenever she acts weirdly like that, it means that she’ll sleepwalk that night but to confirm, I’ll need to test it out a few times.”

“Hopefully you’re right. I’ll lookout for her at school.”

At 7 a.m. I woke up the next morning. I couldn’t sleep anymore; I was stirred about what happened last night. So I ended up jogging for half an hour then I went home and showered. I dried myself and went over to Luhan’s room to check up on Hyoyeon. She was sleeping peacefully then I noticed that she was slightly stirring and an idea went into my head. I went over to the bed, lay next to her, and pretended sleeping. Then in a couple of minutes she woke up.

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

I yawned and opened my eyes. I see an arm on top of my blanket. ‘Wait this isn’t my blanket and whose arm is this?’’ I sit up and look to my left.

A male was sleeping face down right next to me. I gently turned him over.

KRIS?!

I started to freak out and looked about frantically. ‘I sleepwalked to Kris’s room? Wait, this is the same room I sleepwalked to last time. Isn’t this Luhan’s room? But why is Kris here? No no no, I didn’t sleep with him, did I?’  I glanced over at him and saw him sleeping peacefully. I started to breathe heavily and anxiously. In frustration, I uttered a scream.

 

No one’s P.O.V

Kris pretended to wake up as he yawned and glanced over at Hyoyeon,“Oh you’re awake, did you sleep well last night? Well of course you did, considering how heavily you snored.”

“What, I slept here last night and you knew? Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“Ani, I woke up an hour earlier before and noticed you on the bed right beside me so I just left you alone and went back to bed,” Kris continued to playfully .

“Whaaat? So that means, I slept with you last night? Aish, this can’t be possible.”

“I know right? If other girls found out that you climbed into bed and slept with me, you wouldn’t make it out alive.” He then noticed a frown on her face so he added, “It’s alright; your clothes are still on right? So it was just merely sleep.” He turned around and got up to hide the grin on his face.

“Still…” Hyoyeon uttered with her face hung down low. As Kris was exiting the room, Luhan entered and Kris couldn’t help it but explode with laughter.

“What happened?” Luhan asked when he entered and Kris had left. “I heard a scream before and now Kris’s laughing outside.”

Hyoyeon pouted and hesitated to speak until Luhan urged her on. “I sleepwalked here last night and accidently slept with Kris.”

Luhan started to burst out laughing too.

“What?WHAT?!” Hyoyeon raised her tone when Luhan ceased to laugh.

Luhan tried to hold his laughter, “Who told you that you slept with him?”

Hyoyeon was confused as ever, “I saw him right next to me on the bed when I woke up this morning.”

Luhan shook his head, “Ani, he played a prank on you.” He saw the puzzled look on her face and explained, “He slept with me in his room last night until an hour earlier when he woke up and went jogging. So this is where he went afterwards.”

Hyoyeon’s face was burning with anger, “Why, that dude! He’s so going to get it.”

Then Luhan added, “But he deserves to play a prank on you after what he’s done for you last night.”

“What do you mean?”

Luhan told her about how Kris stayed up waiting for her, followed her, and went into his room to open the window for her and everything else afterwards.

“I’m sorry to both of you guys. How do you want me to make it up?”

Just then Kris reentered the room, “Hey Luhan. Mom & Dad are gone. They left a note on the fridge saying they left this morning at six for a business meeting in Seoul.”

“Wow really? So now what? What about breakfast?”

They both stared at each other then suddenly pointed at Hyoyeon, “You make breakfast.” they both said.  

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

‘Great, I’m home alone with the guys and I’m indebted to them. Oh well. Luhan seems extraordinarily nice this morning, I wonder what’s gotten in to him? I think I’ll just make a simple western style pancake for them.’

  I went over to my house to get the pancake mix and change out of my pajamas. During breakfast, I suffered teasing from the two of them about my pjs last night then afterwards, they complimented my pancakes. After eating, I washed the dishes and headed over to my house when Luhan held my wrist.

“Tomorrow’s the 2nd round for dance. Are you ready?”

“Hopefully. I’ve been practicing by dancing to different types of music.”

“Do you want me to evaluate your dancing? Here, come practice with me.”

 

Kris’s P.O.V

“Bro, I’m going to go practice dancing with Hyo, we’ll be home in a couple of hours.”

“Okay,” I agreed and they left on their bikes. Luhan is an awesome dancer, I’ve seen him dance and I have to admit it’s amazing. I’ve never seen Hyoyeon dance but hearing that she made it to the 2nd round of the dance auditions; I bet she’s pretty good. I’m not much of a dancer but I guess I’m good at critiquing. But I can’t join them today, I’ve got to find out more on Hyo’s condition and meet up with my high school professor. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the really late update guys, I had work to do but to make it up I'm going to update 2 chapters today :)