Developing Feelings

I Come To You At Night

Ch. 9 Developing Feelings 

 

No one’s P.O.V

“Kris, go get me a cart,” his mother instructed when they arrived at the supermarket.

“Okay. Wait, where’s Hyoyeon?” They were all looking around themselves and found her skidding down the aisle towards them with a cart.

“Good job Hyo,” Mrs. Lu praised, “Now let’s go to the meat section.”

“Kris, stand on that ledge in front of the cart. I’ll give you a ride,” Hyoyeon offered. Kris gave her a doubtful look and got on. She pushed with all her might and they both were zooming down the aisle rapidly and eventually crashing into the toilet rolls. They both chuckled as they got up and fixed the toilet rolls.

Mrs. Lu laughed along with them, “I miss doing that.”

“So immature,” Luhan looked away.

“Luhan, want to give it a try?” Hyoyeon asked.

“No thank you,”

“Come on its fun,” she pulled his hand and led him to the front of the cart.

 

Luhan’s P.O.V

‘I think I can hear my heart beating at a faster pace. Why am I like this when she’s holding my hand? Playbacks of the kiss she unknowingly gave to me last night keep replaying in my mind.’

Then a sudden push brought me back to Earth as I zoom down the aisle with Hyo laughing behind. ‘It’s actually fun. This kiddo is fun to be with and her laugh, in a way, is quite adorable.’

“Come on, all you guys get on. I’ll push all of you,” mom said out of nowhere.

“Can you be able to push all of us?” Kris doubted her as he went up to her and started making blowfish faces.

“Doubting me?” she replied and whacked him on the head with her purse.

“Ani. You’re the best, mom.” Kris quickly asserted while doing the “sorry” “sorry” dance. Hyoyeon joined him for a while until mom urged them to get in. Kris carried Hyo up and placed her in the cart despite her protests. I cling to the front with Kris and mom actually managed to give us a push as we screamed. We went to go get meat and Kris and I got down except Hyo. She stayed in the cart while we would all go get stuff and throw it into the cart for Hyo.

“Oww, you threw bread at me,” Hyo stuck out her tongue and smack Kris on the arm.

As we all got to the checkout line, Hyoyeon got out and disappeared instantly. Kris was gone too. After mom and I finished, we look around for them and found them at the sample stall, tasting food. I smacked them on the head, “Here we are looking for them and they’re eating?” I pretend to be angry and Hyo turns back to me and tells me to open my mouth as she pop something in. It was pork. Whether because it was delicious or because Hyo personally fed me but I became happy afterwards.

We came home and started setting things out for the evening. We had a quick sandwich for lunch. I rested for a while on the hammock until a water balloon landed on my chest. I looked up and saw Hyoyeon and Seohyun with water balloons in their hands and bombarding Kris under the tree.

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

The boys were lying under the tree so I decided to get them wet. I filled up a few water balloons with Seohyun and we gently walked over to them and threw the water balloons. Kris reacted immediately so I continued to go after him, teaming up with Seohyun. When we ran out, Kris was entirely soaked. He shook his hair to dry it and I have to admit that for a split second, I was captivated by how handsome he looked right here. His wet hair splashing across his face and his wet shirt clung to his body, outlining his toned body muscles. However, the thought soon evaporated as he gave me that “you’re dead look” and chased after me all the way to my house. He outran me and I thought I would get a smack on the head but he hugged me instead.

“Haha, now you’re wet too,” he chuckled. It startled me for a second and then I yanked him off.

“Aish. Fine you want a battle then?” I challenged him.

“Sure but you’ll end up utterly destroyed,” he retorted.

“Whatever. Let’s divide into teams then. It’ll be girls against guys.” Then I ran over to his house’s front lawn with him running behind. “Hey Seo and Luhan, we’re going to have a water balloon fight. It’ll be girls against guys and losers would have to clean up everything afterwards.”

“Okay.” They agreed. We all filled a gigantic bucket full of water balloons and placed it in the middle.

“These water balloons will be for everyone to use during the game. Now arm yourselves and we’ll meet here again in 20 minutes,” I informed them.

Seohyun and I dashed to or house. “Come on Seo, we need extra weapons and shields. Kris got me wet too so I need to change.”

“I’ll fill up some extra water balloons and place it into these sling bags so we can pull it out during the game when we’re far away from the bucket.”

“But they’ll pop when we’re running, I think we need something else,” I gave her a mischievous smile and ran into my room to look for them. I came out with two water guns.

“AhAHa, that’s smart Hyo. They’ll never expect that. We’ll have shoulder bags to hide the guns and pull them out when needed. I’ll fill these up then. Go change.”

“Arasso. Also, I want to personally go after Kris since he made me like this. Kris, you’ll have to get on your knees and apologize. Muhahwahaha!” I gave an evil laugh.

“Okay then. Kris doesn’t look like he’ll go easy so I’ll leave him to you and go after Luhan.”

 

Kris’s P.O.V

Armed, changed, and ready to go, Luhan and I stood on our front lawn watching Hyo and Seo as they approached us from their lawn, all armed and ready to go too.

They have shoulder bags on just like us and I wonder what’s in their bags. Hyo has changed into a pair of capris and a white tank top and has her hair all pulled back in a high pony tail (like an assassin). She has a mischievous grin on her face and I returned the same look to her. We all stand far apart from each other, forming a square with each of us in a corner and the bucket in the middle. I started the count off, “Okay, on 3 we start.1… (Hyo gives Seo a sideward glance and nod) 2… (Hyo gets into a running position) 3. We both sprint to the bucket and grab water balloons. I threw one right into her face as soon as I got one and she gave me her death glare as she ran after me throwing water balloons. We ran back to the bucket to find Seo and Luhan making forts on opposite sides. Hyo used her shirt as a pouch for her water balloons and walked towards Seo’s fort. I brought as many water balloons as I could to Luhan’s fort.

“Here, we’ll shoot upwards so that it’ll hit them on the head.” We continued the game like that: bombarding them from the top, missing a few times, running to get water balloons but then getting attacked… Then Hyo daringly runs towards our fort and I see her aiming a water gun.

‘Of course, as expected of Hyoraengi. Luckily I never underestimated her. I had also packed water guns for Luhan and I. Luhan was even hesitant to include it in his bag previously; that naïve boy, She shot at us unsparingly and as she was about to run out,

“Now,” I signaled to Luhan and we both pulled out our guns and encircled her. A look of surprise was on her face.

“You underestimated me but I never underestimate you – hyoraengi,” I continue to chuckle at her as she struggles but then Seo approached and shot her water gun at Luhan causing him to dodge and making an opening for Hyo to run out. I chase after her and leave Luhan to deal with Seohyun.

I cornered Hyo at the corner of her house and continue to shoot at her.

“Give up?”

“No. Never,” she strongly retorted. It didn’t last long as in a few seconds I ran out of water.

“Hah. Is that all you got?” She shook her wet hair and the water sprayed onto me but it didn’t bother me because I zoned out. I swear I think my heart just skipped a beat. Her hair band had fallen out and now her wet hair drops over her bare shoulder and water is glistening on her skin. She looked attractive.’ She slowly approaches me while giving me a stare and I slowly back up. She trips on the water hose and falls onto me and we both land on the ground but as her face banged against my face, her lips smacked onto my lips. Her eyes opened wide in surprise and she quickly pull herself up and turned away.

To lighten her mood I quickly joked, “So was that your way of saying I surrender?

She pouted, “Aish, that hose! Hose? That’s it.” She grabbed it, turned it on, and focused it on me. “You give up?” she taunted. After a while, I gave in and said yes and she turned it off.

“Yes!” she proclaimed in victory but then I tackled her to the ground and stared deep into her eyes. I pause. I can hear our heartbeats.

“Hyoraengi, you win this time but don’t let your guard down,” I smirked. I saw her blushed immediately but before I could say anything again, she pushed me off of her.

She fixed herself up and stuck out her tongue at me, “I’ll always be ready for your schemes.” Then Seohyun and Luhan came over to us.

“Luhan surrendered!” Seo announced joyfully.

“Same with Kris” and the two girls high fived each other, “We’ll see you guys again on the battlefield sometime and we’ll leave the clean up to you guys,” Hyo winked and they walked off.

 

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

We cleaned ourselves up and after that I helped Mrs. Lu and dad put out the barbeque. Everyone gathered to eat but when I saw Kris, I had this tingly feeling inside of me and I remembered the kiss that I accidently gave him this afternoon. ‘Why am I having this feeling? Ughh that was my first kiss too :( That dude! Whatever that wasn’t really a kiss, it was more of a peck and pecks don’t count right? So I’m good.’ We had barbeque together and towards the night I went inside the house to grab a long sleeve jacket when Kris appeared right behind me.

“Aish you scared me,” I shouted at him. He didn’t reply but just walked past me and lay on my bed.

“Hey, get off my bed!” I tugged on his shirt but he pulled me down and I lay right beside him. 

“Your bed is comfy. Lie down and relax. Stop talking,” he commanded and closed his eyes as he lay with his arms behind his head. I stared at him. He looks comfortable and I’ve never seen his face like this.

After a minute: “Quit staring at me,” he said without opening his eyes.

“No I’m not,” I turned away.

“Why? Do you want to give me a kiss again?” I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

“No!” I protested. “And that wasn’t a kiss. It was a peck.”

“Yes it was a kiss,” he said as he got up and exited the room. 

 

No one’s P.O.V

Hyoyeon followed him, “No it’s not.”

“Yes it is.”

Pause. Kris turned around to see that Hyoyeon stopped in her tracks. She had a bewildered look on her face.

“What’s wrong?”

“There’s going to be a full moon tonight,” she replied monotonously.  

“Why? Do you want to watch the full moon?”

She didn’t reply but stared into space.

‘What is she doing? What’s going on?’ Kris thought.

“Hey what are you doing?” Kris shook her from her thought.

“Oh hey Kris, what happened?”

“What happen? You told me there’s a full moon tonight. So are you indirectly hinting to watch the full moon with you tonight?”

“What? I never told you that. Are you trying to ask me to watch it with you?” She shakes her head and walks away.

‘What she did ask me. Or is she pretending because she’s embarrassed after I said that?’

“Hey you did say that.” Kris screamed after her.

“No I didn’t!” Hyoyeon screamed back.

“You swear?”

“I swear.”

‘Hmm It doesn’t seem like she’s lying but she did tell me that there’s a full moon tonight. Why is she denying? It’s not a big deal. She seemed strange before when she told me. It was like she was hypnotized or something? I sense something strange.’

Kris walks outside and observes Hyoyeon. She’s not acting strange. He looks up at the sky. There isn’t a full moon today. Why did she say it then?’

 

The next day

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

‘The sun is shining brightly. I guess it’s probably late in the morning by now. Hmm, I haven’t video chatted with Sooyoung for a while. She should be awake by now.’

I yawned and opened my eyes. I see an arm on top of my blanket. ‘Wait this isn’t my blanket and whose arm is this?’ I sit up and look to my left.

A male was sleeping face down right next to me. I gently turned him over.

KRIS?! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Corner: 

Hi guys! Hope you enjoy this one. For those that guessed that Hyo's condition had something to do with the "full moon" thing, you're right. I'll get more into it later. I don't know if it's plausible in real life but anyways that's how it goes in this story. Hyokris and Hyohan, I'm torn between the two too but I'll include both and tell you my final decision as the story goes on. Hope I got you guys pumped up for the next chapter. 

A big ThAnkS to super_generation_fan and bxangst for upvoting my story & for all my new subscribers :)