XIII. Sleeping Beauty [2/2]

♬ ♪ My boredom is infinite
Please log in to read the full chapter

Although the reactions for part one are little (;w;) here is part two~ I hope you like it. I hope all of you were just waiting for the end ;_;

Let me just say that the whole one-shot is over 11k words long and I wrote it all in two days. It's about the lenght of 4 chapters of my chaptered fics (which are always 5 pages long, this one has 20). It took me a lot of time to write it, so it would be nice to get some kind of reaction >w< /puppy eyes

So a comment to show your appreciation would be nice ;w;


I promised that I would talk about what's next. It mainly depends on my mood, but it will either be the hogyu story (Catch My Fall) or the ot7 (The biggest tease, sunggyuxinfinite), but for now I will go back to my chaptered fic :3 see you soon!
 

 

XIII. Sleeping Beauty [creepy!myunggyu/woogyu/sci-fi!au] Part 2/2

 

 

Two new maids join their household the next day, but Woohyun is still clueless about Lil and Kara. They’ve disappeared without a trace. Myung Soo summons him again in the afternoon and Woohyun hopes that his master can maybe give him some kind of information about their whereabouts.

“Who?” Myung Soo asks with a cocked eyebrow.

“Kara and Lil.” Woohyun repeats their names and the young noble puts down his cup with a small smile.

“The two maids? Sadly, I had to fire them because they broke one of the rules. Why are you asking?”

Woohyun gulps nervously. “I-I was just wondering what they were doing now. They’re nice girls.”

Myung Soo laughs, but his smile doesn’t quite reach his eyes. “Don’t tell me you had an affair with one of them? Or maybe both?”

“What?! No, of course not!” Woohyun immediately protests.

Suddenly Myung Soo’s smile turns cold and the other can’t suppress a shudder. “There are some women in this world that you can’t trust, Woohyun. They put their dirty little fingers on things that belong to someone else and they’re just waiting to steal from you as soon as you turn your back.”

For the first time Woohyun feels something similar to fear in the presence of the Venusian noble. Myung Soo’s eyes are cold and his whole posture looks intimidating. Woohyun wonders if maybe something bad has happened to the maids after they had talked about the forbidden room in the west wing.

“You should forget about them, Woohyun. Concentrate on your work. It would be a pity to lose such an entertaining man. You’re still young, think about your possibilities.” Myung Soo puts down his cup and stands up. It’s the sign for Woohyun to leave and he quickly gets up as well. “Goodbye, Woohyun. Don’t disappoint me.”

He can’t stop thinking about the whole mystery - the room, Kara and Lil, the desperate mother and Myung Soo’s cold behavior, when he mentioned them. Woohyun doesn’t dare to go town again too fast. He feels like Nox is watching him a lot more closely than before and his gut is telling him that he shouldn’t visit Kara’s mother at the moment. Woohyun concentrates on his work instead and tries to look like an obedient worker, but deep inside he’s worried about the truth and his thoughts always come back to the source of everything: the room.





Woohyun finds the door ajar on one of his walks through the hallways. Nox is nowhere to be seen and his fingers are itching to open the door a little further. His steps slow down and he gets closer to it casually. Light comes from inside of the room because the big windows are turned towards the south and the sun shines right through them. Woohyun looks around once more before he gets closer to the gap. He decides that it would be too dangerous to stand outside and watch, so he grabs all his courage and the next moment he’s already inside the room. His fingers close the door behind his back, while his eyes take in everything in the room. It’s almost blinding because the sun is bright and everything inside the room is white: the walls, the bed, the table, the chair, the curtains and the floor. But there’s one thing that is an obvious contradiction to everything else. There’s a big pod in the middle of the room. On a closer look he can tell that the lower part is made of metal, while the upper part is out of solid glass. It looks like a coffin. Woohyun carefully steps closer to inspect the inside of the mysterious object.

His eyes widen at the beauty inside the box. It’s a man, but his skin looks as white as the rest of the room. Woohyun can understand why Kara described him as an angel. His eyes are closed, but his long eyelashes grace his skin like feathers. The black hair is a strong contrast to his skin, but it looks incredibly soft and fine. The lips are small and pink like a woman’s and Woohyun unconsciously wishes to touch them at least once. He’s never had a relationship with a man before, but neither has he seen a woman as beautiful. He is breathtakingly gorgeous although he is just lying there with closed eyes.

Only then Woohyun notices that the person inside the glass box is not breathing, at least he can’t see any movement of his chest that is hidden under a plain, white shirt. His eyes wander little lower, but he quickly averts his eyes when he sees the white thighs, which the short shirt cannot hide. Woohyun inspects the box again and then he notices a cable that is connected to one of the arms. What is- He suddenly hears the door behind him move and Woohyun panics. He looks around in panic and quickly decides to hide himself inside the wardrobe.

He silently curses as he tries to hide himself properly behind the sets of clothes. He left the wardrobe slightly open to gaze into the room. His heart is beating like crazy as he observes Myung Soo enter the room. His breath hitches when the noble looks in the direction of his hiding place, but to his luck he doesn’t come over. Woohyun watches as the Venusian walks over to the box in the middle. His fingertips over the glass softly and the noble smiles.

“You’re getting prettier every day.” Myung Soo speaks with a low voice. His fingers wander a little lower and Woohyun can hear a quiet click, before the glass part opens by itself. “I have to change your clothes and we should bath you. We wouldn’t want any dirt on you, right?”

Woohyun shivers lightly. What is happening? Why do I feel like I’ve seen this kind of box before? Where was it?

Myung Soo picks the figure up and carries the fragile man towards the bed. He gently puts him down and his hair with his long fingers. “Wake up, beautiful.”

The noble suddenly turns away and walks over to the wardrobe Woohyun is currently hiding in. The human male starts to panic again and presses his body deeper into the corner. Please don’t find me. Don’t find me!

Myung Soo opens only one side of the wardrobe and Woohyun squeezes himself even more into the shadows of his corner. The hand of the noble misses him by a hair and instead grabs one of the white shirts. Afterwards Myung Soo walks away again without closing the wardrobe. Woohyun dares to lean a little more forward to get the bed into his line of sight again. He notices that the person on the bed is moving a bit now.

“Are you tired? Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you – like always.” Myung Soo’s right hand touches the right ankle and moves upwards slowly. The hand caresses the unprotected thigh slowly and Woohyun feels a flare of jealousy run through his veins.

The figure on the bed lets out a whimper. Woohyun can see that his eyes are slightly open now, but he seems to have problems to keep them open. As if he were still dizzy from- Woohyun looks back to the pod and then he remembers it. It must be the same as the machines onboard the shuttle. They have a glass cover too and the machines make it seem like the person is dead if you just look at them. But why…?

“M-Myu…n...” The voice of the pale male is weak and barely audible.

“Shush, calm down. It will be over soon.” The noble says as his hand goes a little higher and lands under the hem of the shirt. Woohyun can imagine where the hand is touching right now and he clenches his fists.

The man on the bed tries to move his legs away but he’s obviously too weak so Myung Soo just keeps him in place. The Venusian strips him of the shirt and throws it on the ground. Woohyun can’t help but eye the beauty on the bed in awe, but he quickly snaps out of it as Myung Soo picks the man up once again.

The helpless male struggles weakly against his hold. “…p-please…free…”

“Shush. You’ll be with me forever, Sunggyu. I can’t let you go.”

A broken sob leaves the quivering lips of the pale male. “…home…”

“You’re home. Come on, let’s make you clean again.”

Woohyun can see the face of the pale man a little better when the noble passes the wardrobe to go to the room right next to this one. They are connected through a door that Woohyun hasn’t noticed before. The face of the beautiful stranger looks very sad and Woohyun catches sight of a lonely tear before they disappear. He knows that this could be his only chance to leave, although he doesn’t want to. He doesn’t know why Myung Soo keeps the fragile man inside a machine like that. God knows what his reasons are for putting someone into artificial comatose in a room somewhere in his castle, but Woohyun feels like the noble is restricting Sunggyu’s freedom against his wishes.

He presses his lips together and quickly moves out of the wardrobe. He walks to the door with quiet steps. Woohyun can hear flowing water from the room next door and Myung Soo’s voice sends shivers down his spine.

“Stop crying, it will leave ugly traces on your flawless skin. Are you that happy to see me? I’m happy too, Sunggyu. So happy…”

Woohyun bites his lower lip and carefully checks the hallway before he leaves the room. He walks back to his own room while he thinks about the thing he just saw. He’s pretty sure that Myung Soo will put the other male into his ‘cage’ again once he is done. He wonders what the connection between them is. Why is the noble keeping the other in a comatose state? Woohyun can’t stop thinking about it and he wonders if maybe the whole situation is a little deeper than expected and if maybe Kara and Lil have been punished for more than just looking into a room without permission. He wonders if Sunggyu is human. Although he is beautiful enough to be from another galaxy, he seems more human than anyone else he ever saw. Woohyun suddenly remembers Myung Soo’s words about finding his biggest treasure on Earth. Could it be…?

Woohyun can’t find sleep that night. He ponders about what he should do now. Does he even have the right to interfere? Maybe there’s a reason for everything…but he can’t forget the broken voice he heard in the room. Who are you kidding, Nam Woohyun? Your destiny was sealed the moment you entered that room.





Continuing with his work feels like torture. He can’t tell anyone about his discovery, especially not when Nox has his ears literally everywhere and everything he hears will be transmitted to Myung Soo immediately. Woohyun has trouble smiling whenever he meets the master of the household, but he knows that he can’t be suspected now or Myung Soo will throw him out of the castle and all chances of possibly saving Sunggyu would be lost. How can he even treat the Venusian the same as before, knowing that he keeps the beautiful male prisoner and possibly takes advantage of his vulnerability? The thought alone makes Woohyun’s blood boil and more than once he wishes to hit Myung Soo unconscious with one of the flower pots, but he needs a plan if he wants to save the other.

One night, Myung Soo goes out to a ball in another villa and Woohyun takes the chance to sneak into the room once more. He makes sure that Nox is nowhere near him. The dwarf is currently busy arguing with the chef in the kitchen, though the discussion could take a while since Woohyun has sabotaged the dinner without the chef noticing.

The room is still drowned in white colors, even at night. The soft moonlight shines upon the glass cover and gives Sunggyu’s skin an almost blue color. Woohyun only stares at him for a while, before he finally starts searching for the buttons or any form of control to open that thing. His fingers are shaking from excitement and fear. He wants to free the other, to take him far away, but maybe Sunggyu would reject his help. Woohyun wants – no, he needs – an explanation for everything.

His fingers finally find a small gap between the metal bottom and the glass part, where some buttons are aligned. He crouches down to find the correct one and the glass cover opens itself painfully slow. Woohyun can smell the typical mixture of chemicals in the air. He knows the scent from his travel with the shuttle. He has guessed correctly about the origin of the machine. Woohyun doesn’t dare to pick the other up or even touch him. He just stays next to the pod and waits for the pale man to awaken.

Time seems to stretch to an eternity while he waits for the beauty to open his eyes. When he finally does open them, Woohyun is greeted with the sight of a pair of clear blue eyes. So he’s from Mercury… They are as deep as the ocean and Woohyun almost drowns in their depth. He can see confusion in the eyes of the other; a bit of relief and a tiny spark of fear.

“Don’t be scared. I…I want to help?” Woohyun starts carefully.

The black-haired man moves his head slightly to observe Woohyun more. He doesn’t say anything, but his eyes clearly react to the word ‘help’.

“…h-help…”

Woohyun smiles. “Yes. Do you need help? I want to help you…if I can.”

Sunggyu tries to raise his hand but he’s too weak and Woohyun grabs his hand instead. The hand feels fragile and cold against his own warm skin, but the pale man manages a small smile.

“…out.” A tear leaves his left eye. “I want…to…go out.”

Woohyun looks at the clock around his wrist. He won’t have enough time to get the other of here, especially since Sunggyu won’t be able to walk on his own. Nox would surely return to patrol the hallways soon and who knows when Myung Soo would return. He bites his lower lip. He suddenly feels bad for opening the machine without thinking first, but at least he now knows that Sunggyu is not there because he wants it.

He gives the pale beauty a small smile. “Not today…”

The other frowns and tries to sit up, but he can’t even manage to lift his fingers. God knows for how long he’s been under drugs and just lying around. Woohyun squeezes his hand lightly. “I-I’ll be back soon, okay? I’ll get you out of here, I promise.”

Sunggyu blinks slowly and Woohyun thinks he’s about to drift away into sleep. “…name?”

“Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.”

“S-Sunggyu.” The pale man tries another weak smile.

“I know. I’ll come again, okay? The next time you open your eyes I will be there.” As if on instinct he raises his free hand and Sunggyu’s cheek slowly. The skin is incredibly soft and Woohyun wishes they could stay like this forever.

A sound outside the door makes him jump from his position. He hints Sunggyu to be quiet, but the other is not moving anyways. He just looks at Woohyun with a frightened gaze that screams ‘Don’t leave me alone. Don’t close the lid again. Take me away.’.

“I’m sorry. I’ll be back, okay? Just close your eyes and dream of me.” Woohyun lets go of his hand and grabs the glass with his fingers to pull it down again. He has to avert his eyes because Sunggyu’s gaze is full of despair and he can’t bear to see it.

He quickly looks for a hiding spot after it is closed again and manages to find it in the last second before Nox enters the room. The little butler takes a long look around with his narrowed eyes. Woohyun only dares to take a breath after Nox is gone from the room and his steps are slowly fading away. He gives Sunggyu another longing glance, before he leaves the room with a heavy heart. I’ll definitely save you. Wait for me. He doesn’t know much about Sunggyu, but Woohyun has already fallen for the other. He wants to see Sunggyu happy, not confined like that in a small space w

Please log in to read the full chapter