XIII. Sleeping Beauty [1/2]

♬ ♪ My boredom is infinite
Please log in to read the full chapter

And again: people who follow me on twitter have probably seen it already. Instead of HV I've been writing on this. It turned out to be a gigantic peace of work. so I split it in two. At 13 pages I thought "meh, okay post it as one giant one-shot" but who wants to read 17-18 pages? (Now some will say yes, I know it :P) But I want to update today (which is the first part) and tomorrow I will update the second part (so you won't have to bite your pillows for too long haha)

I hope you like the sci-fi story. It plays in the future and is 100% Woohyun centric ;3 (Myungsoo has more appearances than Sunggyu lol) It's another Woogyu with slight Myunggyu mentions. I know that I still need to write a proper Myunggyu ;w; my list is too long!

So tomorrow it will be the second part (and then I will write on HV next). What's next in the one-shot collection? I will announce it tomorrow!

Gyunight guys, leave me sweet comments or I will be an evil author and keep the end to myself HAHAHA D:

PS: Gyu appears in the second part, before anyone feels trolled by me.
PSPS: No second part without comments #stupidbribe #tyauthor

I love you guys <3
 

 

XIII. Sleeping Beauty [creepy!myunggyu/woogyu/sci-fi!au] !!! PART 1 !!!



Woohyun travels all the way to Venus to find a job.
A Venusian noble hires him to take care of his garden, but Woohyun gets more than he bargained for.


 

 

 



Woohyun is originally from Earth. His mother is an Earthling and his father too, that’s about the most boring and normal background one can have. It’s commonly known that humans are the most useless race in the universe. Their intelligence cannot compare to those from Mercury. Martians are the strongest and fastest. Venusians are the best artists, no matter if it’s art, fiction or music. People from Saturn have the newest technology and are known to be the tallest among the races. If your parents are from Uranus you’re automatically the best person to take care of plants, since they really have that so-called ‘green thumb’. The list with special abilities goes on and on. The only planet comparable to the lameness of Earth is Pluto, which is only a dwarf planet so it doesn’t really count, but at least Woohyun can say with pride that he isn’t from Pluto.

Life as a ‘normal human’ is pretty hard although he grows up on Earth, but it teaches Woohyun a lot of things. It makes him stronger because he learns how to fight (though his muscles cannot compare to the muscles of a Martian). He learns that he can never win against someone from Mercury in an exam, but at least he has a heart. That’s what his mother always emphasized.

“They may know more than us, but we have something that no other race has: a heart to understand others. Our feelings and way of acting make us humans - they may call us stupid for that but deep inside they know that they can never have what we have.”

Too bad - a living heart and feelings won’t get you a job after college. Woohyun wants to work as a florist or gardener - or work in the research department as a biologist - but nothing works out. He has multiple job interviews, but his grades will never win against the others and some people just don’t hire humans for different reasons (like short age, diseases, mating behavior and so on – Woohyun is so tired of it). Although he’s living on Earth, it brings no privilege to be human here. His last straw is applying abroad and with abroad he means to apply for a job on another planet. It’s quite common these days to leave Earth to work somewhere else. Woohyun has to sell almost everything he owns to earn the money for an ISST (Intergalactic Space Travel Ticket) for the cheapest shuttle there is. It’s so cheap that Woohyun fears, he’s being scammed (he has heard rumors of people getting kidnapped so that their organs could be sold) or maybe won’t reach his destination alive because the ship turns out to be a wreck.

Woohyun has no one to part from on Earth. His parents are both dead. They died during a terrorist attack in Tokyo four years ago and left him all alone. He has some friends, but they’re not really close and he doesn’t see the need to tell them goodbye. After college their ways had parted somehow and now everyone is living their own lives. He had his fair share of girlfriends – of all races, though he would never ever date a Martian again, that was trauma he’d rather not be reminded of - in the past, but none of it lasted long. Woohyun is sure that no one will miss him here, which is kind of sad, but he’s planning on starting a new life somewhere else. He will find a job and the perfect (possibly human) woman for him, date and then marry, maybe become successful and just maybe they would return to Earth someday to show their children how perfect Mother Earth was. The perfect, peaceful life anyone else with an average descent like Woohyun longs for.

The hardest part is probably deciding where he should go. In the end a dart decides the destination for him: Venus. Woohyun can’t help but proudly nod his head at the result. Venus has the most beautiful people of the universe. The planet has no own water system but - thanks to technologies and trade between the planets - artificial rivers were created on Venus. Still, gardens are rare on the planet and always high maintenance cases so professional gardeners are always welcome. Luck couldn’t have chosen a better place for him, since Woohyun had studied exactly that.

His final day on Earth is as normal as it could possibly be. He eats Korean food for the last time, visits the park close to his home and feeds some sharks in the pond with lemon bread. Afterwards he watches a movie in an old cinema, which kind of looks like the kind people used to have in the past. He’s seen it in books and it is so much more human than the big golden globe theater, which stands tall in the middle of the city. Woohyun has already forgotten the title of the movie as soon as he sits down, but it doesn’t matter what he’s watching. He just wants to see a plain, normal movie because he’s sure that Venusians don’t watch old movies from humans.

Woohyun finishes the day with a bottle of wine before he goes to sleep in his bed for the last time – tomorrow it will probably already belong to another desperate human student, who can’t afford to live anywhere else. Woohyun leaves a message for the new tenant. It’s nothing much.

Maybe he just wants to leave something behind after all - some kind of proof that Nam Woohyun had lived here. That someone called Nam Woohyun had existed on Earth.

Tomorrow he would be Nam Woohyun who left the Earth to find his luck and destiny would prove him wrong or right.





The flight to Venus goes abnormally fast, but that’s just because Woohyun is sleeping throughout the whole journey. It’s kind of sad because he can’t even catch a glimpse of the universe in its raw beauty, but at least he reaches Venus alive. He still has all of his limbs, his organs are there as well (at least Woohyun hasn’t found any cuts on his body indicating that something has been taken from him) and the only thing bothering him is the sore feeling in his back from lying down for a longer period of time. He’s kind of sleepy too, though he had done nothing but rest the last few days, but Woohyun knows that it is not real ‘sleep’. The machines just put the body in an artificial coma for a limited period of time, during which the person is completely unconscious, while the machine takes care of his nutrition - and other problems.

Woohyun steps out of the shuttle with shaking steps and blinks a few times because everything is so bright. Venus is closer to the sun than Earth which results into brighter daylight. Normal people like him can only survive here because of the advanced technology, which creates a proper atmosphere for them to live in. Thanks to that he can breathe and the sunrays don’t kill him on the spot. A rough Martian guy pushes him to the side because he’s standing in the middle of the path. Woohyun is about to growl at him, but he quickly closes his mouth because the guy is double the size of himself and looks like he could smash the moon with his fist. Woohyun waits until he is gone before he grabs his bag and leaves the airport.

He’s pretty clueless on where to go and what to do next. At least he doesn’t have to fight against any language barriers because an intelligent person had designed a handy translation device for the ear. It is small and could be implanted into the skin right behind the ear, if you were scared of carrying it around and eventually losing it. Woohyun is glad that he has one, because otherwise it would’ve been hard to find a hostel for the night - if you could even call it ‘night’. It is not even dark, but Woohyun’s body is screaming for sleep, so he gives in and puts a pillow on his face to create darkness.

 


 


The next day Woohyun goes to the job center to apply for a position as a gardener. Again luck seems to be on his side as the Venusian woman immediately smiles and hands him a few papers to look at.

“It’s an urgent request for a gardener we got this morning. He’s a pretty well-known noble, so you probably won’t have to worry about the pay. He likes to be picky with his workers though because he likes them good-looking. You’re pretty good for a human, maybe he will give you the job.” The woman with the light blue skin color and shining yellow eyes gives him an encouraging smile. Woohyun feels almost welcome thanks to her, because she at least tries to be nice to him.

Woohyun checks the date on the papers. Everything looks perfect, almost too perfect, and the photographs of the place look wonderful. He can’t wait to see the garden with his own eyes. He wonders how the old worker could’ve left such a beauty behind. “I’ll try it. Thank you so much!”

He travels to the castle – a frigging castle! – that the noble owns. Woohyun informs himself about the man on his way there. He is called Myung Soo, a noble who manages his own business with huge success. The name sounds Korean to him, but the man on the picture is obviously too beautiful to be human. His facial structure is sharp and clean without a flaw. The skin is only light blue, almost not noticeable. Woohyun wonders if one of his parents was possibly human, because Myung Soo doesn’t have the usual yellowish eye color of his race. He can find no information in the papers he was given, but in the end it doesn’t really matter to him. He just needs a job to get some money.
 




The castle is gigantic. Woohyun feels overwhelmed by the sight and he has to remind himself to close his mouth while he takes it all in with his eyes. A butler greets him at the big fro

Please log in to read the full chapter