Crazy

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Two : Crazy.
Updated on 24th of July 2013.
Word count : 2 4 3 7

"That's crazy."
"You're crazy!"

 

“Alright! Let’s have a few people to come out here to write the answer on the board!” Mr. Park beamed as everyone groaned. Not that they were lazy of going out to write their answers, they were afraid of getting it wrong in front of the whole class. It would be complete embarrassment. “You, you, you and..” Mr. Park hummed as he reached Hae Lynn and Kyungsoo’s table. “Lynn! Wake up!” Mr. Park woke her up and she blurted out a soft “Huh? What?” as she lifted her head up from her arms. “Come to the board and write down your answer.” Mr. Park said as he placed a piece of chalk for them to use. Kyungsoo smirked before he whispered,You should’ve paid attention in class instead of sleeping.

She turned to blink at him before she tilted her head a little. “Sorry, did you say something?” Kyungsoo let out a soft “Tch.” Before rolling his eyes at her. “No, just go and write your damn answer.” He said to her coldly before she clicked her tongue and got up from her seat. "I didn't know guys could be on their PMS." She muttered softly but it seems like he heard her. "What the hell did you say about me?"

"Oh nothing." She grinned at Kyungsoo before she shrugged it off. He didn't understand why she was smiling when he wasn't but that didn't bother him that much, just that he found it odd. Kyungsoo clenched his fists before he let out a huff. He didn't want to pick a fight with anyone on the first day of school. That would be just plain suicide of his own status. Yep, Kyungsoo would like to think about his social status. Plus, he wouldn't want his parents to come to school and overreact over something so small if he was called to the principal's office.

If you're wondering why didn't Hae Lynn just throw the piece of chalk at his head for being so rude, save your wonderings because she’s definitely a very patient person especially when she just woke up. Even though she would like to do that (which she probably won't), that wouldn't exactly kick off a good start to them being partners for Math. God knows how many other subjects they would be paired up because it doesn't look like Kyungsoo would want to sit anywhere else. She went to the board and stared at the question for a few seconds. Another smirk was formed on Kyungsoo's face when he didn't see her lift her hand up to write an answer. However, she solved the question on the board with a simple and basic answer that got a small tick from Mr. Park, indicating her answer is right and that's when Kyungsoo's smirk fell.

“Very good Lynn, sit back at your seat and pass the chalk to Kyungsoo to solve the other question I’m about to write on the board.” Mr. Park said as she walked back towards her place and placed the chalk on her textbook in front of Kyungsoo. He furrowed his eyebrows at her, wondering how the hell could she answer the question perfectly when she was asleep throughout the whole lesson. "What kind of sorcery is this?" he muttered softly before it was his turn to walk towards the board to write his answer. Math class ended in a breeze and she was sleeping throughout the whole lesson.

Mr. Park walked up to Kyungsoo and bent over to take a look at Hae Lynn's Math textbook. Kyungsoo didn't say a word as Mr. Park circled the pages and the questions that he had gave the whole class as homework. "Uh.." Kyungsoo muttered softly and Mr. Park caught that he was curious why he was doing so. "She's usually like this on the first day of school and she knows how to check her textbook for any markings I've made for her. It's all good." Mr. Park smiled before he leaned away. "Have a great day, kid." Mr. Park smiled before he gave a pat on Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo could easily tell that Mr. Park wasn't one of those teachers who resembled the devil. You know those kind of teachers who go to school and teach just for the sake of teaching? Yeah, those kind. Mr. Park wasn't anywhere near that and that was much to Kyungsoo's relief because Kyungsoo wasn't that good in Math and he could really use a good teacher for this subject.

"You," Kyungsoo poked Hae Lynn's head, attempting to wake her up but she wouldn't budge. "Girl," he called her out again but she wouldn't wake up. He sighed before he took a pencil to write at the corner of the page on her textbook which exercise book she needed to do this in. After that he closed the book and placed it on her table as the next teacher came in. He got up to change places and the moment he did, girls in the class started to move here and there so there were empty seats beside them, letting Kyungsoo choose wherever he wanted to sit but there was no other place he'd rather sit at. If it was possible, he would like to sit alone.

Kyungsoo scoffed at how desperate the girls were as he let a smirk form on his face. "You think I'm going to sit with you girls?" He asked with his voice containing a pinch of mockery. The girls' faces fell as their mouth gawked open. How can a guy look so angelic but when he opens his mouth, words that came out were all hurtful and rude? "Save it and move back to your places, I just got up for the sake of getting up." Kyungsoo said before he sat back down. He sighed before he glanced at the sleeping girl beside him. "Sitting beside her wouldn't be so bad.." he muttered softly and jerked slightly when she suddenly shot up from the table as her back pressed against the chair. "The circumference is 2.3-" her voice trailled off when she realized it was all just a dream. A weird one indeed. 

"Huh.. It was just a dream." She rubbed her head before Kyungsoo gulped and looked away, not wanting to converse with the girl beside him but it was impossible when Hae Lynn's eyes shot open after she rubbed her eyes. She was feeling a lot more better already. Well of course, she slept for an hour throughout the whole Math lesson. Kyungsoo slide her textbook on the table to put it in front of her. She looked at him and he pulled his hand away before he continued to look around the classroom, although there's nothing for him to look at.

"Hmm." She shrugged her shoulders before she flipped open her Math textbook. "Thank you." She whispered but he pretended like he didn't hear that. She then took out her pencil and her notebook but no eraser. From the corner of Kyungsoo's eyes, he watched her as she did her Math homework. He wasn't interested in looking at anywhere else because if he were to look at somewhere else, all he would be seeing is gummy smiles from girls around him along with glares from guys, which he couldn't be bothered about. He'd rather just focus on the girl beside him who was too oblivious to realize he was staring. Hae Lynn didn't use a calculator and it was like her mind was programmed to just write down the answer the moment she noted down the points in each question.

Within 7 minutes, she was done with the homework Mr. Park gave that lasted for a whole hour but she was done with just that short period of time. Kyungsoo's mouth gaped open before he narrowed his eyes at her notebook as she was checking the answers at the back of the textbook. He smirked when she was staring at one page for so long. Not until she closed the textbook and ticked all her answers with the pencil. "How the hell is that possible?" Kyungsoo blurted out and she looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "What do you mean?"

"You were practically asleep throughout the whole class, and you get right for every single question?"

"W-Well, Math isn't that hard." She shrugged her shoulders before she kept her books into her bag. He leaned back on his chair before he scoffed. "Conceited much."

"You're no different." She sang a little, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. "Are you mocking me now?"

"Nope." She simply answered before she pulled out the paper he picked up a moment ago. It was a drawing of a woman smiling. The woman in the picture looked like she was in her mid-thirties but Kyungsoo couldn't see the features of the woman clearly because Hae Lynn was bending over a little too close that he couldn't see. I bet her drawing isn't that nice anyway. Kyungsoo shrugged it off before the next teacher came in. It was their class teacher for the whole year. The teacher responsible for any payments needed for this class as well as deciding on the student's seat positions.

Mrs. Heng stood in front of the class before everyone got up to greet the teacher except for Hae Lynn. Kyungsoo glanced at the girl beside him, still noticing she was drawing. Before Kyungsoo could at least try to nudge her, she stood up after flipping over her drawing so the blank side was facing up. Kyungsoo hissed a little before he faced forward, not wanting to see what she was drawing even though in his mind he had already noted down that she could draw. When everyone sat back down, one student raised his hand just as Mrs. Heng place all her things on the table. "Yes, Jae Won?"

"Are these our permanent seats for the whole year?"

Mrs. Heng scanned around the whole classroom before she narrowed her eyes at the boy sitting beside Hae Lynn. He stared back at her before Mrs. Heng smirked. "You," She pointed at Kyungsoo who raised an eyebrow. "You're the new kid. Am I right?"

"This new kid has a name." Kyungsoo snapped back before everyone kept silent after letting out soft gasps. For some odd reason, he didn't seem to click well with this teacher. He was perfectly fine with Mr. Park but this teacher didn't seem like the teacher he would like to see very often. "Well if you don't tell me your name, how will I know what your name is?"

"Well you didn't ask." Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders before Mrs. Heng walked towards Kyungsoo. "And what is your name?"

"Kyungsoo."

"Full name."

"Do Kyungsoo." He said with a pause after each syllable. "Miss Kim,"

"Oh?" Hae Lynn blurted out as she lifted her head from her drawing to meet eyes with her teacher. "Are you alright with this positioning?"

"I'm not." Kyungsoo answered but Mrs. Heng used a hand to cover Kyungsoo's face. "I believe I'm not talking to you, Mr. Do Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before he looked at Hae Lynn, waiting for her answer. "No." Kyungsoo mouthed to her but she raised an eyebrow. "Say no." Kyungsoo mouthed the words to her again before she sighed. "Fine, I'm not." She said as she gazed away from the teacher and Kyungsoo to face front. "Well this is something new." Mrs. Heng hummed before Hae Lynn gulped. "What the heck is that supposed to mean?"

"I believe you're talking to a teacher Mr. Do Kyungsoo, rephrase your sentence."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kyungsoo gritted through his teeth as he could feel like this teacher was trying to irritate him more than she should. "Miss Kim Hae Lynn is usually alright with everyone. This is the first time she disagrees."

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at Hae Lynn when he turned to look at her. "Do you have a problem with me?"

Hae Lynn's mouth gaped open before she used a pencil to point at his face. "You're the one with the problem!"

"That's crazy."

"You're crazy!"

"The only crazy person here is you, Miss Kim Hae Lynn." She gulped when she hear him call her name out like that. So he remembers my name. "Well you were the one who told me to say no in the first place!"

"That doesn't mean you have to listen to me!" Kyungsoo raised his voice a little before she let her hand fall to her side. "I didn't want you to get pissed off more than you already are."

"Well aren't you doing a fantastic job at that?" Kyungsoo snapped at her sarcastically before Mrs. Heng slammed a hand on the table. "No more arguments, the two of you will be seated permanently for the rest of the year. And for making a ruckus on the first day of school, the two of you will help me out in the library everyday after school. Until I see that the two of you are finally getting along, I expect to see the two of you there. Do you understand?"

"But Mrs. Hen-"

"If I see any of you changing places, I'll be sure to give you a punishment. Miss Kim, you should know me very well by now. Do you understand?"

Hesitantly, Hae Lynn nodded her head but Kyungsoo glared at the teacher and Hae Lynn before he walked out of the class. Before he opened the door, Mrs. Heng asked "And where do you think you're going?"

"The bathroom, do you want to come with me?"

"Nope. Hae Lynn, go with him and make sure he comes back."

"What?!" Hae Lynn and Kyungsoo raised his voice at the same time. "Hae Lynn, go. Kyungsoo, if I don't see you back here in 10 minutes, you can consider that as a free pass to detention." Kyungsoo inhaled deeply before he walked back towards his seat to sit down. "Alright, I guess now we can start with our lesson." Mrs. Heng smirked as she turned around to walk back to the front of the class. Not only Mrs. Heng was their classroom teacher, she was also their Science teacher. "What about the bathroom?" Hae Lynn asked him softly before he glared at the teacher. 

"I'd rather let my bladder explode." Maybe he wasn't that bad after all, Hae Lynn thought.

"Kyungso-"

"Look I'll be fin-" His voice trailled off as he turned to look at Hae Lynn before he raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care anyway?"

Forget it.