Weird Girl

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter One : Weird Girl.
Updated on 16th of June 2013.
Word count : 1 6 8 5

“Give me your Math textbook.”
“Sorry, what?” 


 

“Hae Lynn! Are you ready for school?!” her grandmother shouted and she groaned. “Five more minutes!” she mumbled on her pillow and her grandmother opened the door only to reveal her granddaughter still lying down on the bed with her face buried in her pillow. They lived in a small house and it would be audible if her grandmother were to shout from the bathroom if they were on the same floor. That’s how small their house was. Her grandmother chuckled before walking towards her. She tapped her granddaughter’s before saying, “Get up sleepyhead. It’s the first day of your high school. Do you not remember?”

“I don’t remember a single thing.” She mumbled and her grandmother couldn’t help but chuckle softly. “What will I ever do with you?” she asked and Hae Lynn shot up, making her grandmother jerk up. “Carry me.” Hae Lynn spread her arms wide and her grandmother smacked her with the pillow near her. “Get ready for breakfast and school! Don’t let me get Nicole come in here!” Hae Lynn’s eyes shot opened before she got up from her bed to run into the bathroom to wash up when she heard Nicole shouting from the living room downstairs, “HAE LYNN!” She knew better when Nicole is here, Nicole could definitely get her off her bed in a snap because Nicole would start singing Hae Lynn’s favorite songs and ruin them purposely even though Nicole had an amazing voice.

“Hey, did you hear? There’s a new guy in school!” Nicole beamed as Hae Lynn was still half asleep. “Hey idiot, I’m talking to you.” Nicole pouted when her best friend wasn’t paying attention. “Kim Hae Lynn!”

 “Sorry what?” Hae Lynn mumbled and just as she was walking down the halls, she bumped into a guy a little bit taller than her. Nicole gasped softly before she apologized on Hae Lynn's behalf to the boy Hae Lynn had bumped into. Hae Lynn looked up only to meet with the boy’s eyes. He looked handsome, that she won’t lie about.

He had black hair that had the perfect haircut. He had black wide eyes along with a nice smile. She has never seen him around here before and she definitely has not seen him smile but, she could tell if he were to smile, it would be perfection. Or at least she thought it would be because this perfect image was shattered when he said, “Watch where you’re going.” He hissed before he brush past her and walked away. “Jeez, a sorry would be just fine!” Nicole shouted at him and he didn’t bother at all. “Forget him Nicole, he’s probably just in a bad mood.”

“That’s the guy Hae Lynn!”

“What guy?”

“The new guy!”

“So?”

“He’s cute!”

“Go marry him.”

“God no. You know who I really like.” She sighed when she turned to one side of the hallway where EXO-K was standing. Yep, you guessed it right. The five angelic looking boys who could easily sweep any girls off their feet and Nicole was one of the girls who got swept off her feet like a god damn tornado. Somehow, Hae Lynn has a feeling that boy she bumped into would join their little group, if he shuts his mouth and not speak. “And there he is.” Nicole sighed when Hae Lynn knew who she had a crush on. It was the one oldest among the rest in the group. Kim Joon Myun, it was his last year this year and he was totally an angel.

Well not that she talked to him before or anything but he does say hi to her and Nicole every time she passed by him. Hae Lynn and Nicole were a few of the girls EXO-K acknowledges and girls were jealous of the two of them for that. Not that it bothered the two of them or anything because it meant nothing to Hae Lynn but it meant the whole world for Nicole especially when Joon Myun would say hi to her and flash her an angelic smile. The bell rang and students just dispersed away to get to their classes. “See you in lunch!” Nicole beamed before she gave Hae Lynn a quick hug. Nicole waved before she left Hae Lynn to catch her class. Nicole skipped a grade, which means she’s in the same level as Joon Myun.

All the more reason she hopes she ends up in the same class as him this year which is something she actually look forward to if she ends up in the same class as him. Hae Lynn walked down the halls before she entered her class. She ignored everyone around her other than just saying hi to everyone who greeted her before she sat down on the chair at the last row of the room. She was still very sleepy as she was working on a portrait yesterday that she slept at 3 ‘o’ clock in the morning. Her grandmother told her not to but her grandmother knew better that if Hae Lynn wanted to do something, there’s no way her grandmother could stop her especially if it’s art.

The door opened and Hae Lynn rested her head on the table, soon she drifted apart to her sleep without her realizing. The chair beside her was pulled out and someone sat down beside her. The tables in her classroom were two by two. As in two people had to share a table. Nicole and Hae Lynn kicked off their friendship on the first year of high school. They were partners for three years in a row not until this year Nicole decided to take up a program where she was allowed to skip a grade. Nicole was a straight A student, just like Joon Myun. On the other hand, she was equally smart but she decided to just follow the normal procedure and not take up the program.

Even though Nicole tried persuading her a lot, Hae Lynn refused. The teacher entered the room and everyone got up to greet the teacher except for Hae Lynn. The teacher knew Hae Lynn well and decided to just let it slide. It was their Math teacher and Math was a piece of cake for Hae Lynn even if she slept throughout the whole lesson. Even with all this, she would get a perfect score in any quiz. “Good morning Mr.Park!” everyone greeted before they sat back down. “I can see Miss Kim is asleep.” Mr.Park announced and everyone turned to look at Hae Lynn sleeping with her head rested on her arms folded on the table. Some of them chuckled while one boy in particular smiled at how adorable she looked like.

“Alright class, today we have a new student joining us and he came from.. Well I don’t know where he came from but he’s here today with us! Stand up and introduce yourself!” Mr.Park beamed as everyone turned to look at the boy sitting beside Hae Lynn. He rolled his eyes before he stood up. “My name is Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo for short or D.O. Please take care of me well.” Kyungsoo introduced himself before he sat back down. The girls around him just squealed at how attractive he looked like. Kyungsoo looked away from them and Mr.Park smiled. “Alright! You guys know how the drill works! The person beside you is your partner for Math class! Other than that, you can change partners unless your other subject teacher says otherwise. Understood?”

“Yes!”

“Oh, Kyungsoo, do you have your textbooks yet?” Mr. Park asked before he went on with the lesson. “No.” Kyungsoo answered before Mr. Park sighed. “I guess you have to wake up the girl beside you to borrow her textbook.” Kyungsoo turned to look at the girl beside him and that’s the girl he bumped into at the hallway earlier. He mentally groaned before he tapped her arm. “Excuse me.” She murmured a soft, “Five more minutes.” He grew irritated. “Hey wake up.” He said as he slapped her arm hard, causing her to jerk up and sit up properly. She blinked her eyes for a while before she pointed at Kyungsoo. “It’s you.”

“Give me your Math textbook.”

“Sorry, what?” He let out a huff before he leaned closer to reach for her bag on the other side of her chair. He took her bag and searched her bag. “Hey! You can’t just take my things and search them like that! Mr. Park! There’s some dude beside me ju-“

“He’s the new student, Lynn.” Mr. Park said as he was facing front writing some equations on the board. Lynn was also a short nickname teachers gave her because some preferred calling her Lynn instead of Hae Lynn. Though whichever teacher called her, she would respond. “I just need your textbook, alright?” he snapped at her before he took out her Math textbook to slam it on the table, receiving looks from everyone in the room.

She snatched her bag back and rubbed the bag gently as if it was treasure to her. “It’s just a bag, calm down.” He snapped at her and she gulped. It wasn’t just any bag. It was a bag her grandmother got for her on her birthday. It was the first present her grandmother got for her. Basically, it was the first gift she’s ever gotten from anyone and it was very meaningful to her.

Hae Lynn breathed out and she didn’t want to argue. It would be pointless. Just before she wanted to sleep again, she saw Kyungsoo opening her book and a piece of paper fell out to the ground. It one of the drawing she was working on last night but she slipped it in between her books. Her eyes widened when he picked the paper up from the ground. “Who is th-“ she snatched the paper away from his hands and put it safely in her file in her bag before she buried her face in her arms to sleep to avoid any questions. He raised an eyebrow before looking away from her. “What a weird girl.”