Twenty-Seven

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Updated on 4th of December 2013.

-

 

"Why do you want to meet me for?" Minhyuk asked monotonously at the sight of Kyungsoo in front of him as they were in the school hallway. Hae Lynn came to school today but Nicole was with her the whole time so at least he didn't have to worry about her during school. It's been five days since her grandmother passed away. The funeral was an incident he doesn't want to recall - there were too many tears and too many sad faces on that day. Only close friends of Hae Lynn who knew like EXO-K and Nicole along with a few close friends of Hae Lynn's grandmother along with his family attended the funeral.

Believe him, he hated seeing her in this state more than anything. He'd rather have her jumping all over the place with her bright smile that could light up his world with her voice continuously calling his name out. Now she was quiet as she bottled everything in - she didn't reply with full sentences - just a few words.

Even to him.

But at least she was eating regularly again and she was staying with him.

"Don't blame Hae Lynn for not accepting your heart, Minhyuk. If you want someone to blame, blame me for it."

Minhyuk scoffed as he rolled his eyes at Kyungsoo before he glared at him. "Are you kidding me? Just because you're her boyfriend, you're trying to tell me what to do? Who do you think you are?"

Kyungsoo sighed deeply as he tried to say something but he couldn't when Minhyuk beat him to it.

"I used to be so important to her before you came. I would be the one walking her back home, be the one trying to help her out with her studies, be the one by her side but ever since you came..." His voice trailled off as he his lips nervously, gazing down to the ground. "I'm no longer important to her."

That's what made Kyungsoo realize - Minhyuk only meant kindness deep down the way he's acting. 

"I don't even know why I'm telling you this." Minhyuk shook his head as he looked away from Kyungsoo standing in front of him. "And now that you know, can you get out of my way?"

"Her grandmother died, Minhyuk."

Minhyuk's eyes widened in an instant, head darting back to meet with Kyungsoo's blank look. Minhyuk swallowed hard before he gripped onto his bag pack strap tighter, "What?"

"You heard me." Kyungsoo spoke up as it was his turn to slightly glare at Minhyuk. It wasn't long when Kyungsoo shut his eyes tight to exhale all the irrelevant words he was going to say to Minhyuk. He opened his eyes only to come face to face with a worried Minhyuk who still cares about Hae Lynn. As much as he is going to act as if he hates Hae Lynn, Kyungsoo could easily see that deep down inside, he's just trying to run away from his feelings towards her, thus acting cold towards her just so he could feel better about her rejecting his love but that's not the right way to end things.

"And with you acting this way towards her, how do you think this will all make her feel?" Kyungsoo questioned as he was reminded of Hae Lynn's sobs that entered his mind. Kyungsoo hissed softly as his hand curled up into a fist before he locked gazes with Minhyuk. He could easily see himself in Minhyuk's eyes and he knew what to say.

"Running away from your feelings for Hae Lynn will not make things right. If you want to really get rid of your feelings for her, you should do it the right way and talk to her about it. Just because she doesn't see you as a lover, doesn't mean she doesn't see you as a friend - a close friend."

"I get it that you feel sad and whatnot but as much as I hate to say this, Hae Lynn needs you, alright? She may not say it, and she may not show it but she still loves you regardless of whether I'm her boyfriend or not. Sure she has Sehun and Nicole to take care of her but she still needs you somehow. I know you're hurt and I know you're in pain but if you really need to, just take your anger out on me-" Minhyuk wasted no time on giving a blow at Kyungsoo's jaw, causing him to fall back onto the ground. Kyungsoo grunted as he fell but he hissed in pain as he looked up to glare at Minhyuk.

Minhyuk simply shrugged but offered a hand up. "You told me to take the anger out on you."

Kyungsoo accepted Minhyuk's help up only to grit through his teeth, "At least give me a damn warning."

An amused smile came from Minhyuk. "You're not as bad as I thought you were... At least, you care for Hae Lynn this much until you actually allowed me to punch you."

"It's not happening again, don't hope on it." Kyungsoo deadpanned, causing Minhyuk to break out into a small smile. "I get it, Kyungsoo. I'll make things right with her and I'll try my best to make her feel alright." With a pat on Kyungsoo's shoulder, Minhyuk closed his locker to brush past Kyungsoo who rubbed his jaw gently - Minhyuk's blow wasn't gentle at all.

"Hey Kyungsoo,"

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, turning around to meet eyes with a somewhat, happier Minhyuk. "What?" Kyungsoo snapped with his hand rubbing on the spot Minhyuk punched him. "Thanks." Minhyuk breathed out loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear and Kyungsoo scoffed, letting his hand fall to his side. "For letting you punch me or for snapping some sense into you?"

Laughing softly, Minhyuk smiled at Kyungsoo, he could see why Hae Lynn would fall for a guy like Kyungsoo. Even though Kyungsoo was somewhat blunt and cold, he had his reasons that Minhyuk didn't and wouldn't want to know but he knows that probably it was for a good cause. Despite all of that, he could see that Hae Lynn brings out the better in Kyungsoo and that he has a good heart to come to this extend just for Hae Lynn. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he's glad that Hae Lynn has a boyfriend like him, even though him himself wants to be the guy for Hae Lynn. "Both." Minhyuk replied shortly before he turned around to walk towards his class.

"Bastard." Kyungsoo mumbled softly as he rubbed his jaw. "I heard that." Minhyuk replied to Kyungsoo's comment with his back facing Kyungsoo. 

"You were supposed to!" Kyungsoo snapped back louder but it hurt his jaw and he winced in pain, clutching onto his jaw as he too, turned around to head towards the cafeteria.

 

"Hae Lynn." A voice called her and she remained still to allow the person calling her out reach to her as she stood by her locker. He walked towards her and stood in front of her as he closed her locker only to come face to face with her. Hae Lynn's eyes travelled up to see who this person was and she was a bit taken back that Minhyuk was in front of her.

As much as she wanted to just keep on crying, she couldn't.

She knew she had to stay strong for both herself and her grandmother - it was her promise she was going to keep and she doesn't plan on breaking it anytime soon. She cried for three nights straight, including at the time during the funeral and it was devastating that she got tired of crying, she got tired of pulling everyone down with her and she didn't like it - especially Kyungsoo but at least he knows she's also trying her best.

Without a word, Minhyuk pulled her in for a hug as he wrapped his arms around her for a comforting hug.

Her arms lifted weakly to place it around his waist - she missed his hugs.

"Sorry I've been acting like a jerk," Minhyuk breathed out on her head as he pressed his lips against it, indirectly giving her a kiss and she nodded once - she couldn't even remember why he was acting this way and he was glad she was thinking that way. "Are we alright?" Minhyuk broke the hug as he looked down on her with his arms still around her.

"You tell me..." She croaked out softly and he frowned. "I'm sorry." Minhyuk shook his head pitifully. "And I'm so sorry for your loss..."

She nodded once as she pressed her lips together, not knowing what to say. Everyone that came up to her to tell her they're sorry for her lost, she didn't know what to reply them. She knows she'll be alright again with Kyungsoo and his family by her side but it wasn't going to be so soon. Her heart was currently trying to recover and it was going to take some time but as long as she has Kyungsoo, she knows that probably... it'll be alright.

Minhyuk lifted his chin higher to see Kyungsoo walking towards their direction. Minhyuk simply looked down on Hae Lynn as he gave her another light hug before smiling at her. "I'll see you around soon." With that, he walked past her, purposely bumping shoulders against Kyungsoo. "Excuse you." Kyungsoo snapped at Minhyuk who playfully grinned at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at him with a slight glare but it all faded when he stood behind his girlfriend. Kyungsoo's lips parted as he wanted to call her out but she turned around before he could even call her name. His eyes widened as he looked at her. There was no smile on her face, but there wasn't a frown either as they stared at each other. He just wanted to hug her so tight that her worries would be crushed but he knows it doesn't work like that - sadly.

"H-Hae Lynn..."

"Thank you, Kyungsoo..." She whispered softly and his gaze softened as he took a step closer, taking her hands into his as he gave a light squeeze. "For what?"

She let out a soft sigh before she gazed down to their hands.

"Lately things have been hard on me and I'm thankful to have you by my side. Losing my grandmother left a big impact on me and I'm trying my very best to recover from it. A few days may not make me go back to normal completely but I'm trying my best. I'm not ready to talk things out but I assure you that with you by my side, things are getting better with time. I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble an-"

She couldn't finish saying what she wanted to say when his lips pressed against hers briefly to shut her up.

"No, don't apologize for it. It's only normal, Hae Lynn. We're all human."

Smiling softly, she lifted her chin to change it into a small frown. "I'm still sorr-" Another peck was placed on her lips. "Another word of apology and I'm leaving you here alone."

"Okay..." She agreed as she smiled at him, "I won't apologize."

He nodded once as his heart started to feel good - she was smiling again.

"But I would still like to thank you for everything. For helping me through this, for talking to Minhyuk-"

"How did you know?" He cut her off unintentionally and she lifted her chin to eye him with an eyebrow raised. "O-Oh, sorry." He apologized when he noticed he had cut her off like that but she shook her head. "Sehun told me."

"That bastard might as well be friends with Minhyuk..." Kyungsoo muttered softly and Hae Lynn gave two of his hands a soft squeeze, causing his eyes to travel back up to meet hers. "Y-Yes?"

"And thank you for... loving me. Thank you for being my boyfriend."

Kyungsoo's heart fluttered for a moment but his smile fell as she stared at her. Her eyes widened slightly when she noticed the change in his eyes. "W-What's wrong...?"

Suddenly she was thanking him for everything as if she was going to leave him. The deep realization snapped in him so fast, he grew nervous.

"You're not breaking up with me, are you?" He questioned her worriedly and she couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle.

He pried his hands from hers to grip onto her shoulders where he shook her slightly. "Are you?!"

"I'm not!" She breathed out happily, with a visible grin on her face, that sparkle in her eyes he's been missing for a while now. Letting the hilarity subside, he pulled her into his warm embrace to hug her tightly. "Don't ever scare me like that again."

"I wasn-"

"Don't." he cut her off and she sighed into his chest, wrapping her arms gingerly around him. "I won't."

"Are you feeling better?" Kyungsoo asked with a whisper and she nodded into his chest. "Yeah..."

"That's good." He mumbled softly as he let out a soft sigh.

"Kyungsoo?" Her voice entered his ears and he pulled away from the hug to look down on her. "Hmm?"

"I like you a lot." She mumbled sheepishly and he kissed her forehead. "I like you a lot too. More than you like me." He added in and she smiled warmly at him. "How sure are you...?"

"More sure than you are." He countered before he dipped down to kiss her lips. 

 

High school was better than he imagined.

 

 

 


A/N : I get that the ending is a bit rushed (if you feel that way), but I was actually in the midst of discontinuing this story because of the lack of support, and comments despite the number of subscribers this story has so instead of discontinuing it, I tried to end it the best way I can and this was the best I could come up with. (I know it's a stupid reason to actually discontinue a story but the effects it has on me knowing that no one actually reads it - it just brings me down. Just like how Wandering Love ended). I intended to write so much more because I had so much in store but based on the response I got, I didn't have the feel anymore so this is it. This is the final chapter to this story and I hoped you guys enjoyed it.

Before you go all out on bashing me, you should understand how I felt before you even try to. But if you still choose to bash me, go ahead. I'm definitely not regretting one bit that I chose to end it this way.

Thanks for reading The Change Of My Heart and I hoped it was worth it.

xoxo

P.S. - There may be a special chapter for this story but that'll come when I want to write it. But for now, this story has come to it's end.

Thank you for taking your time to read this story, and like I said, I hope it was worth your time. Bye. <3

-Missy

 

Between Us, Romance [M] + Heirs In Love [M] + ⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛ + {XOXO Collection} [M]