Nineteen

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Nineteen

Updated on 26th of November 2013.

-

 

"So you want to have the same job as Hae Lynn? May I ask why?" Nicole narrowed her eyes at Kyungsoo who shrugged. "I need the money, and Hae Lynn's job seems easy."

Not believing a word, Nicole scoffed. "Alright - now tell me the real reason."

He tilted his head at her - "That is the real reason."

"Yeah, no. I'm not believing that. Either you come clean, or it's goodbye job to the ice cream parlor." No doubt Nicole was nice but she has her way of getting things done - her way. Kyungsoo groaned but looked back and forth to make sure no one was in the hallway, "I just want to help her - alright? She's so damn tired everyday, she can't teach me Math properly nor can I teach her English so please, just get me the job there so I can help."

"Just say you like her." Nicole mumbled, looking away from Kyungsoo. She faced forward to give Kyungsoo a nod, "Alright, I'll talk to the manager and you can start after the training trip."

"Thanks, Nicole." Kyungsoo bowed slightly before he his heels. He let out a soft 'Yes!' before walking down the halls to get to his next class. "Finally, someone to make Hae Lynn happy." Nicole muttered happily, turning around only to stumble backwards when Minhyuk was in front of her. "What the crap, Minhyuk?!"

"Sorry," He apologized meekly, helping her to stand properly and she gave a nod. "What's up?" She greeted with a grin and he frowned at her slightly. "Is Hae Lynn having problems?" Minhyuk asked in concern and Nicole shook her head. "No, everything's fine. Don't worry about it." She gave a pat on his shoulder before bidding him goodbye - she didn't want to stay any longer to answer more questions from him.

No doubt she knew that Minhyuk likes Hae Lynn but she preferred Hae Lynn to be with Kyungsoo more.

Why?

Just because.

Minhyuk scratched his head before he sighed, "Something's wrong though..."

 

 

Kyungsoo came over to her house because his parents were out for the weekend and they didn’t want Kyungsoo to be alone. Of course Hae Lynn’s grandmother said 'Yes' as this would be some sort of sleepover. She wanted Hae Lynn to have company as well as giving her some time off to hang out with her friends rather than staying by her side all the time - even if that was the only thing she wanted for herself but she didn't want to be selfish to steal her granddaughter all for herself especailly when she knows someone else loves her very much - even if he doesn't know it himself.

Then again, at first Kyungsoo disagreed - not wanting to sleep in the same room as Hae Lynn but when he remembered the words Sehun said to him about Minhyuk having a chance as well, he immediately knew what he had to do. Plus, with his mother persuading him, he had no choice but to accept his mother’s request - and his own request to make sure that he had a chance at being with her as well.

Does Kyungsoo finally know what's in his heart?

 

Of course not. 

He's a smart boy, but he's a God damn idiot sometimes.

 

But we all know, don't we? 

It'll take him a while to realize that, hopefully.

 

She hummed as she looked around her room while Kyungsoo was just sitting on the ground with a piece of paper and pencil in his hands. He was wondering what sort of song would be perfect to write or what song he could use to portray his emotions for music class next week. On the other hand, Hae Lynn was by the window as she stared at her blank canvas. Kyungsoo was just stoning off into space. When the two of them made eye contact, they looked away from one another, oblivious that one another were stealing glances before pretending they weren’t even looking.

“Hae Lynn...!”

“Huh? What?” Hae Lynn blurted out as her eyes went wide when her grandmother called for her from the room across hers. “It’s your grandmother calling.” Kyungsoo said in a slightly amused tone after looking at how flustered Hae Lynn was when she was in the midst of letting inspiration get to her. “Coming!” She hollered as she dashed out of her room. Before she even sprinted all the way there, she ran back to her room to tell Kyungsoo, “I’ll be right back!” and from there she ran across her room, not being able to see Kyungsoo let out a soft chuckle. He shook his head as he stared at his blank piece of paper. He bit his lower lip before he closed his eyes shut for a moment.

Hae Lynn came back with a plate of cookies that her grandmother had kept for a while now. She came back to see Kyungsoo with his eyes shut as if he was in a peaceful sleep. Hae Lynn’s lips parted as she set the plate of cookies down on the table not far away from the door. She didn’t even bother to close the door as she was pulled in by the sight. This was a side of Kyungsoo she’s never seen before and she’s not going to lie that she actually liked it when he appeared to be calm and collected. She hurriedly went back to her canvas before she started to draw out the image she was taking in before her.

“And… done!” Hae Lynn chimed and Kyungsoo opened his eyes with an irritated look on his face, not noticing Hae Lynn was back into the room. He didn’t even realize how long he had kept his eyes closed just waiting for an inspiration to hit him too but nothing hit him. Not even a breeze came to knock on Kyungsoo’s door to drop in any inspiration. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow when he saw how concentrated she was drawing at the moment. It was just a moment ago she was staring off into space now she’s staring at her canvas as though it’s a game between her and her pencil.

She let out a dissatisfied 'Ah' When she had accidentally shaded the wrong part of Kyungsoo’s face. Kyungsoo’s lips tugged upwards when he saw how drawing brought her into another world and transformed her into someone else. He too, liked this side of her. Just like that, a train of inspiration had hit him and he lifted his hand from his lap to start writing down the lyrics that popped into his mind. From time to time, the two would steal glances at one another without realizing anything - again.

 

"Done!" The two of them chorused at the same time, shocked that they had finished what they had to do at the same time.

"Show me yours first!"

"No, yours!"

A pause of silence took over and was followed with a soft chuckle after that. "We show each other at the same time, deal?" Hae Lynn suggested and he nodded once. She held onto her canvas and got up from her seat to sit down opposite him with her legs crossed - the exact position he was in as he held up his piece of paper. At the count of three, they swapped what they were holding in their hands and the both of them were stunned.

His eyes bulged as he realized she drew a potrait of him - a pretty damn good one too.

It looked so realistic and each looked like it was planned as if everything was a very well structured drawing - and it was. On the other hand, she held her breath after each line she read, it was like his feelings were plastered onto this piece of paper and she could feel it. He was... in love? She gulped as sne stared at the paper, unintentionally guessing each girl that was the possible candidate of who he was referring to.

On the other hand, he made a mental note that he just wanted to take this home - but that would be weird, wouldn't it?

"Hae Lynn," Kyungsoo called her out and she lifted her chin obliviously, "Huh?"

"Give me this." His eyes pointed at the portrait and she nodded once, "Okay. You can have it."

A grin plastered on his face but it faded when she said, "But," He lifted his chin to frown at her slightly. "But what?"

"You have to tell me who this song was about." If Kyungsoo has his jealous ways, so does Hae Lynn. A smirk formed on his face, obviously teasing her with it. "Why? Jealous?" She gulped and threw the paper back at him as she stood up - her being jealous was definitely the most cutest thing he's ever seen but he won't say that outloud - at least not yet. "I-I didn't want to know anyway. You moron." With that, she walked out of her room from him grumpily but he was the complete opposite. For the first time in a very long time, he was at the point of 'happy'. His fingers brushed on the portrait as he mumbled softly, "You'll find out soon."

 

"Are you really sure I can go for the training trip? I don't need to go, grandma..." Hae Lynn mumbled softly, holding onto her grandmother's hand only for a few seconds before her grandmother put her granddaughter's hand down. "You should go... The team needs you, remember?"

Hae Lynn was persistent enough to snatch her grandmother's hand again. "You need me more. You do..."

"I'll be here when you get back, I promise. Now go."

"I'll call Mrs. Do to pass the phone to you every day?"

With a nod from her grandmother, Hae Lynn bent down to wrap her arms gently around her grandmother before she left for the whole week - "I love you, grandma."

The elderly lifted a hand with all her might to place it at the back of her head, "I love you too. Take good care of yourself."

"Back at you." Hae Lynn whispered before pulling away to look at her grandmother lovingly, "Back at you."

 

“Alright! Each of you should be able to get a handcuff from this bucket and handcuff yourself to your partner! Once you handcuff yourself to your partner, that will be your partner for the whole day so think wisely! You all have 10 minutes!”

Everyone had already arrived at the designated beach after settling their bags down underneath the shady trees. Their 'campsite' was practically the whole beach since the beach they were at rarely had anyone coming here so it was perfect considering it was all theirs and the weather was simply amazing. The best part was there was a resort by the beach and so happens, the owner of it was the coach's friend. With that, the running team had the privillege to eat, shower and bath in the resort before coming back to the beach to train and sleep.

A click could be heard and Kyungsoo along with Hae Lynn looked down on their wrists where they could see that they got handcuffed together. Kyungsoo lifted his chin only to be greeted with Kai’s mischievous grin - he knew it was wrong from the beginning when the whole of EXO-K came along with this training trip. Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol weren't runners but yet they were here - great. “What the heck?” Kyungsoo breathed out as he tried moving his wrist. He tried to break free even harder without realizing he was hurting Hae Lynn’s wrist. She hissed a little and Kyungsoo eyed Hae Lynn. “S-Sorry.” He whispered and she shook her head. “Take it off...” She mumbled, trying to move her wrist but Kai wouldn’t give them the key, instead he hollered for the coach.

Kai I will get you once I’m out of this.” Kyungsoo gritted through his teeth and Kyungsoo pulled Hae Lynn closed with their backs pressing onto one another so that their handcuffed hands were hidden behind their back. When the coach came, he asked, “Is there any handcuffed pairs already?” The coach beamed and Kai signaled the rest of EXO-K to come over. Nicole was already handcuffed to Joon Myun as he was the one who handcuffed himself to her. There were roughly about 10 pairs only and there should be 30 pairs. Well if you include Kyungsoo and Hae Lynn it would be 11 pairs so far.

“You three take Hae Lynn and we will take Kyungsoo.” Kai ordered and Joon Myun backed away as he stood at one side with Nicole, afraid she would get hit by the boys who were going to pry Kyungsoo away from Hae Lynn to reveal their handcuffs. "Kai, I swear to God, you won't be able to walk after this."

It's not to say Kyungsoo didn't want to be handcuffed to Hae Lynn - he wanted to be handcuffed with her more than anything but he wanted to ask her on his own. He wanted to show her that he was finally opening up to her more to the extend where he could ask things associated with her on his own - not having his idiotic friends (per say, Kai) to in and force them to be together, although Kai's help was nice, Kyungsoo planned to do it on his own.

Heck, he was building up the courage to do it when he overheard the coach's plan. He had more than five days to think about how to ask her but now it seems like it was all gone to waste - thanks a lot, Kim Jong--In.

Before the boys tried to pull Hae Lynn away from Kyungsoo, "Aren't you going to take it off?"

She didn't mean to come across as rude or anything but, she couldn't help but ask. She felt like Kyungsoo was forced to be partnered with her and she didn't like that - she wanted him to have the freedom to choose since this was his first training tip - even if the person he were to choose wasn't her.

"What?" His voice was low as he darted his head to look at her. She gulped but fiddled with the handcuff with her other hand.

"I mean, this is your first training trip and to be forced to be together with me is... unfair for you."

"You don't want to be seen with me, is that what you're trying to say?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and immediately, the rest of EXO-K backed away from the two who were going to get into a fight but really, they were literally saying whatever that came to their mind. "No! It's just..."

"Save it. No. I want to be your partner. I want this even way before Kai handcuffed us." The sudden courage flushed in Kyungsoo's veins as he stepped to the side, raising his hand as he hollered, "Coach! I've got a partner!"

The coach's eyes gleamed with happiness as he nodded once. "Kyungsoo and Hae Lynn, team eleven!"

Kyungsoo looked at Hae Lynn as he tugged her wrist confidently but gently in a way to make sure it didn't hurt, "We're partners - we now move to that side." With that, Hae Lynn was dragged to the other side of the beach where the formed teams slash partners stood - handcuffed to one another. Joon Myun and Nicole made space for them so they could stand beside each other. Nicole bumped Hae Lynn who couldn't even lift her head from the ground, the mixed feelings in her jumbled up in her gut and she didn't know how to feel about it.

One, her heart was beating so fast, it felt like something was pumping it extra fast. Two, Kyungsoo was standing so close to her - how could she think straight?

"Alright! Hurry up and pair up! We're having a treasure hunt-like training event for the day!"

As the four, Joon Myun, Nicole, Kyungsoo and Hae Lynn conversed on what they thought was going to happen in the event,

"Simple, you're with me." Kai announced, handcuffing himself to his shorter friend who nodded once. "If we fail, I blame you." Baekhyun spoke up and Kai gawked, flicking Baekhyun's forehead. "Nevermind, I'll be getting your money anyway." Kai snickered and Baekhyun frowned, "My money?"

Kai simply pointed at Kyungsoo and Hae Lynn and Baekhyun followed Kai's direction only to gulp along with rolling his eyes at the taller boy beside him. It was like Kai had already won the bet since this was only the training trip - it wasn't even the school trip coming up in two months time yet but Kyungsoo was already so affectionate towards Hae Lynn - Baekhyun felt like an .

"Should I just pay you upfront?" Baekhyun groaned and Kai snickered. "No no my dear friend," Kai tried to sling his arm over Baekhyun's shoulder but it only made the two wince in pain as it hurt with the handcuffs being their barrier. Baekhyun pushed the taller away with his free hand. "Stay put you idiot!"

"Aish!" Kai let out frustratedly but found a reason to smile when he remembered the topic they were on a second ago. "Anyway, let's wait until they go official, then you can pay me."

"I can't believe I'm handcuffed to you." Baekhyun muttered softly, walking towards the other side of the beach as he dragged Kai along. "H-Hey! Wait! You're handcuffed to me so you have to tell me when you walk, damn it!"

"Moron." Baekhyun sneered, not caring about Kai who was taller but lost to Baekhyun who had enough strength to pull him across the beach.

 

 


A/N : Everyone is totally loving Sehun in this story, it's about time he has a crush, no? ;) Leave some comments and upvote! Sehun would be happy :P The next update will be soon sooooooooo, yeah!