Fifteen

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Fifteen

Updated on 20th of November 2013.

-

 

Morning escalated by quickly and yet the two teenagers who fell asleep on the floor with their hands in lock on the bed were not aware of that. Mrs. Do paced towards her son's bed room and flung the door open only to gasp when she didn't see her son anywhere. She immediately spun around and dashed towards Hae Lynn's room. The door opened quickly and a silent squeal was made by her when she saw a sight she's been wanting to see for a long time ever since Hae Lynn entered the house.

"Where's Kyung-?"

"Shhh!" Mrs. Do spun around to place a hand over her husband's mouth. He raised an eyebrow questioningly as he peeked over his wife's shoulder only to shake his head as she moved her hand away. "Where's my camera?" She asked hurriedly as she needed to take a photo of this - she just needed to. "Honey,"

"What?" She answered hastily, still trying to find her camera around the hall upstairs before the two would wake up as this moment was pure gold.

"Your camera is downstairs."

She shot up and glared at her husband playfully. "You should've told me that earlier!"

Before she could run downstairs and possibly injure herself from being too excited or too impatient, he rested a hand on her shoulder to stop her. She wanted to bark at him for being such a disturbance to her right now but he simply smiled at her warmly. "I'll get the camera for you - wait." With that, when he came back up with her camera in his hands, she snatched it away with a few words of thanks before she began to let clicks of her camera echo in the house. "Don't get too carried away, they have school in thirty minutes." He chuckled as he headed downstairs and her eyes were wide like saucers.

"Kids! Wake up! You have school!" With that, she slammed the door cheekily with the camera in her hands as she obliviously walked away as if she didn't do anything.

 

He was the first one to groan as his neck hurt immensely from the way he slept. He lifted his head slowly but winced a few times once he had his head up straight, facing forward with his eyes shut. He tried to pull his hand away but he noticed that it was somehow stuck or... it was held by someone tightly. With his eyes half opened, it shot open wide the moment he tilted his head carefully only to take note that she was holding onto his hand tight. Not Sehun's hand, his hand. His lips parted as he let them shut to gulp but they parted again shortly after.

Out of nowhere, she just lifted her head up from the bed with her eyes half opened to grin at him sheepishly - his heart skipped a beat. He felt like everything was fading away from the moment she said, "I like you, Kyungsoo."

His eyes shot open with a sharp breath he had just inhaled in an instant. A few seconds was all it took for him to realize it was all just a dream. He was somehow relieved but it was mixed with a pinch of disappointment - did he want the dream to come true? Even he doesn't know but... there was no lying that if it was true, he might actually do things he'd never thought of doing. He closed his eyes again and let out a tired sigh, his neck really did hurt just like how it did in the dream - unfortunately.

He lifted his head from the bed only to make the exact same winces he made in the dream - deja vu indeed. He hissed in pain the moment he sat up properly and just like in the dream, he can't seem to pull back one of his arm extended on the bed. Not being able to move a muscle anymore, he noticed that maybe this was just like the dream he had. His lips parted and his eyes became wide when he tilted his head in the same agonizing pace in his dream only to be right. She was holding onto his hand tightly as she slept with her head resting on the bed - the same way he was sleeping as his body was on the floor, so was hers.

Kyungsoo gulped audibly as he stared at her and he then noticed that he too, was gripping onto her hand tight - just what the hell happened last night? Shaking his head, he tried to wake her up even though he didn't want to but he did. As he tried to shake her hand that was in hand with his, he got distracted. There was nothing on earth that could ever distract him but for some weird and odd fascinating reason, Hae Lynn was the first to distract him just by sleeping. Sleeping, can you believe that?

Her eyes were closed as if she was in a peaceful sleep even though the position she was sleeping in was very, very uncomfortable. Heck, it had already hurt his neck and it most definitely will hurt hers. Based on the way their arms were stretched on the bed, that would also hurt pretty bad but he was taken back by the fact she was sleeping so soundly. Her chest rising up and down slightly to indicate her calm breathing pace that was so endearing. He furrowed his eyebrows as he took in the little details of this girl in hand with his but there was still one detail he hasn't got.

Does he like her?

Why was that question so hard for him to answer? People in movies would just instantly get it that they like someone instantly but that would beat the purpose of reality - right? Thinking back of all the bull cliche he's ever watched in his life, he simply shook her hand as he called her out. Not wanting to explain anything that he would fail at explaining, he immediately let go of her hand the moment her eyes flickered open in a slow pace. By the time she lifted her chin, the door had already opened and shut in time enough to let her know that someone had just left. Confused, she looked down on her hand and smiled a little with her eyes closed. She placed the hand on her chest as she smiled quietly because she knew something. They held hands with one another as they slept through the whole night.

 

"Jesus Christ Hae Lynn, what happened to you?" Nicole asked Hae Lynn who couldn't stand properly as Hae Lynn was basically using the locker behind her to support her weight. "Just woke up on the wrong side of bed." Hae Lynn shrugged carelessly - almost too carelessly to let Nicole notice there was more than what her best friend was saying. C'mon, friends for possibly a few years now - one simple lie can't possibly fool Nicole Jung.

"I believe you're missing out on a lot of details, my friend."

 

"What happened after that?!" Nicole's excitement wasn't easy to contain as she was now jumping up and down and literally squealling each time Hae Lynn said a sentence containing what happened last night. "What? Nothing. Everything was back to normal." This time Nicole gawked and slapped Hae Lynn's arm only to notice it was the wrong thing to do when Hae Lynn winced slightly, clutching onto her arm that was sore from last night. Nicole bit her lower lip in guilt as she gently reached out to rub on the spot she had hit her best friend, "S-Sorry... I forgot..."

"It's alright." Hae Lynn waved it off and straightened her back to smile at Nicole. "I'll be heading to class now."

Before Hae Lynn could completely walk away from Nicole, "Maybe you fell for him!"

Hae Lynn snickered but shook her head, allowing Nicole to see that from the back. "I'm pretty sure I didn't!" Hae Lynn countered back in confidence but she let that amount of confidence in her fade when she stood in front of her classroom door. For some reason all of that confidence evaporated as she knew the last sentence she shouted to her best friend was a complete lie. She didn't want to acknowledge it but hell, it was impossible - she really did fall for the guy who was arrogant and cocky but after seeing all the sides of him, she somehow knew that maybe there was just a way for him to change. Not completely but just polish the good sides and try to cover up the bad ones but still leave him to be the one and only Do Kyungsoo - was it possible?

"Why aren't you going in?" A voice came up from behind her and she let out a soft gasp, looking over her shoulder only to make eye contact with the boy who was in her mind. He stood beside her and opened the door for her. He then let his hand go of the door knob as he turned to look at her in expectance as he pointed his head at the door. "What are you waiting for? Go in." She bowed once nervously but proceeded to walk in slowly on her own. Kyungsoo could see as he walked behind her that her waist hurt and her arm was sore - so was his but he was a guy and he's much more better at holding the pain in.

Even though Hae Lynn was a runner, she wasn't that physically strong but she was very fast in running. Hae Lynn was so nervous knowing Kyungsoo was watching her every move as well as following slowly from behind, her foot coordination failed her as she kicked the back of her right foot with her left and tripped. A boy who watched her stood up from his seat but sat back down when he felt a twist in his gut. Who is this boy?

Minhyuk.

She let out a shocked gasp and shut her eyes tight - expecting to land on the ground and possibly injure herself further but she landed into a pair of arms that didn't belong to Minhyuk. Her eyes fluttered open when the whole class was filled with gasps in shock as well as a few squeals from the dramatic girls in the room. She gulped but lifted her chin only to come eye to eye with the boy who had caught her in his arms. 

"Seriously? For someone smart, you're really careless." He shook his head and held back in the pain he felt from holding her up - not that she was heavy, but his arm was really sore just like hers. She hurriedly stood up straight with his help and she bowed slightly with a soft words of thanks before she hurriedly took her seat. Everyone just stared at the two of them in awe until, "Is this a damn show for the rest of you? Shouldn't you get back to whatever you're doing?"

From there, everyone else looked away and minding their own business as if Kyungsoo was going to eat them alive if they didn't. He then turned his head as he hasn't taken his seat yet to see that Hae Lynn was now burying her head into her arms crossed on her table.

Is it embarrassing to be seen with me?

 

"Seeing that the two of you are no longer at each other's throats, you're free from library duties. You can go home now."

Hae Lynn and Kyungsoo nodded once and quickly headed towards the school gate. She looked around as she walked beside him, trying not to trip over nothing again. "What happened last night," He breathed out, catching her attention as her eyes widened as they walked out of the school compound. "I apologize if I did anything wrong as I wasn't aware of it."

Why is he speaking so formal to me? Did I do something?

She gulped but nodded twice nevertheless, not expecting anything anymore - she would only get crushed for thinking a guy could change so quick - and this is Kyungsoo for crying out loud. He furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed she was awfully quiet and she was walking at the opposite direction of where his house was. He halted his tracks and called her out only to let her stop walking to look at him over her shoulder.

"Where are you going? This isn't the way back home."

She held her breath as she gulped, biting her lower lip after that. "I'm not going home yet."

He narrowed his eyes at her in suspicion but he didn't get a chance to say anything when, "I'll be home real soon so I can tutor you Math and you can tutor me English some other day. I promise! I'll make it home on time."

He stared at her weirdly. Why was she so nervous around me? Oh God. What did I do last night?

"W-Why are you telling me so many things? Just go already." He stammered as he shoved his hands into his pocket, using his eyes to point ahead of her. She raised a hand to wave it him a little, "Bye." With that, she her heels to continue walking to her destination that he didn't know about. He let out an unsatisfied 'Aish!' along with running his fingers through his hair in annoyance. He exhaled heavily, staring at the direction she was walking to and silently, he decided not to go home.

 

Kyungsoo grew suspicious as he could see Hae Lynn entering an ice cream parlor. A date? He furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his fists at the thought of her going on a date. You told me you like me in my dream and now you're on a date? Who's the bastard? With all the conclusions lined up in his head, he sneakily headed towards the entrance of the ice cream parlor only to see that she was now behind the counter with an apron on.

She... works here?

He snapped his fingers when the light bulb in his mind lighted up. No wonder she's tired lately...

He fished out his phone and immediately dialled her number - don't ask how he got it, he just did. He could see through the glass that she stepped to the side away from the counter to stare at the phone screen. He narrowed his eyes to see that she pressed her lips together and tucked her hair behind her ear before answering the call meekly, "Yeah?"

"Where are you?" He asked casually, watching her reaction secretly. "Me? Oh. I'm at Nicole's house."

He scoffed inwardly and shook his head. Lying to me? "Oh yeah? I didn't know Nicole's house was an ice cream parlor."

A smirk of triumph plastered on his face when he could see her flustered expression. "W-What?" It was her turn to stammer.

"Look right ahead of you."

Her head lifted up carefully only to lock gazes with Kyungsoo who ended the call with an eyebrow raised along with a hand up waving at her from the window. She swallowed hard and shoved her phone into her pocket. As if she was on a spell, she didn't move an inch the moment he entered the ice cream parlor and headed straight towards the counter. He folded his arms on the counter as he eyed her playfully with a smirk lingering on his face. "So this is why you've been tired lately?"

She nodded once with her eyes glued to the ground. He let out a sigh, muttering softly, "You really do things that go beyond my expectations."

Her head shot up as she blurted out a soft, "What?" He wanted to tell her what he said but then he decided to just brush it off.

"Give me a scoop of chocolate ice cream."

She stared at him weirdly, why was he suddenly so nice?

"Look, I believe that we can really get along if we just try to just please, don't make me regret doing all of this." He tried to be nice for once and honestly, he felt a bit weird as if it was so foreign but deep down inside, he felt good. Not because he hasn't been nice to anyone before in his life but it's because this was for someone... someone like her.

Biting her lower lip because she was nervous, she picked up the pace by hurrying over to get a paper cup along with the ice cream scooper. "Take your time. I'm not in a rush." He tried taking it up a notch and she blinked rapidly, lifting her chin to eye him but all he replied her was with a slight smile before looking away. Snapping out of it, she went back to serving him and he peeked at her from the corner of his eye. The way she was working and the way her hair was slightly messy - Kyungsoo found it something to admire about her. As much as he hated to admit it, she was definitely better than the girls from where he came from - she was better tenfold. Girls from where he came from were all spoilt and snobbish, materialistic and egoistic, rich and unappreciative of what they had. Hae Lynn was someone so different that all of that. In fact, she was the complete opposite. She was just so -

"Hello...?" She waved a hand in front of his face, bringing him back to reality.

He jerked up slightly but blinked at her as she tilted her head at him, confused with what's wrong with him.

"What?" He snapped almost out of habit and she gulped, eyes gazing down to the cup of ice cream he asked for.

"O-Oh." He mumbled and pulled out a few notes as he placed it on the counter, swiping away the cup of ice cream. Her lips parted to say that he had paid more than he was supposed to but he waved a hand as he said, "The rest is a tip. Keep it." From there she put one note inside the cash register while the other five notes was folded nicely before she slipped it into her pocket. Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder to see her grinning quietly but it all subsided when she had to serve the other customers.

 

Why are you so happy just because you made her smile?

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, what's in your heart?


A/N : Yay for Kyungsoo opening up to her slowly? x) Whose up for the tutoring session? Do upvote and comment on this story! See you in the next update! xoxo