Three

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Three
Updated on 3rd of August 2013.
Word count : 2 2 0 0

"Excuse me?"
"You heard me, weirdo."


 

The bell rang and Mrs. Heng smiled before she left the room. "Witch." Kyungsoo cursed as he stood up to get out of the class. "Mrs. Heng happens to be a very good teacher." Hae Lynn blurted out and placed a hand over when Kyungsoo turned around to raise an eyebrow at her. "Oh yeah? Have you seen my 'I-Don't-Care' face?" Hae Lynn shook her head and Kyungsoo smirked before his smile fell. Her eyes widened when he smirked at her but relaxed when his smirk disappeared. "Well this is the face of me not caring." Kyungsoo snapped at her before he left the classroom. Hae Lynn showed her tongue at Kyungsoo when his back was facing her as she stood up from her chair only to fall back down when she heard Nicole shouting her name from the door. Hae Lynn's head shot up as she eyed Nicole giggling as she ran towards Hae Lynn. "Hae Hae Hae!" Nicole chimed as she hugged Hae Lynn. Well... suffocating would be the right word here. "N-Nicole...! I need air!"

"You cannot believe what just happened to me!"

"I-If you don't let me go, I can't tell what will happen to me either...!"

From there Nicole let go of Hae Lynn to bite her lower lip, finally realizing she's been literally stranggling her own best friend.

"S-Sorry!"

"Pig brain." Nicole simply showed her tongue to Hae Lynn before Nicole dragged Hae Lynn up so that they could talk and walk on the way towards the cafeteria. "Guess who got into the same class as Mr. Angel?!"

"Nicole Jung?" Hae Lynn smiled and Nicole nodded her head vigrously. "AND GUESS WHO GOT TO BE HIS PARTNER FOR THE WHOLE YEAR?!"

"Nicol-!"

"Not me! That's who!" Nicole huffed and Hae Lynn laughed at Nicole's sudden change of expression. Nicole was in the same class as Kim Joon Myun this year, a dream come true for her but his partner was none other than Kim Taeyeon. She was somewhat a goddess known in the whole school and let's just say, Nicole has labelled her as an enemy just because Taeyeon is always around Joon Myun. "Calm down Nicole. I don't think they're together or anything."

"Aha! That's what everyone says until they get together! I'll tell you that if I ever see them together, I'll go up to Joon Myun and take him away from her." Nicole grumbled as the two of them reach the cafeteria. Directly in front of her, she could see Kyungsoo sitting with EXO-K. Her lips parted before Nicole nudged her. "Hey! Isn't that the boy you bumped into?"

"Y-Yeah."

"He knows EXO-K?!"

"Well, I don't know." Hae Lynn shrugged her shoulders and Nicole turned to look at Hae Lynn. "Oh yeah, whose your partner for the year?" 

"That kid." Hae Lynn used her head to point at Kyungsoo and Nicole followed where Hae Lynn was staring at only to widen her eyes as her head shot back at Hae Lynn. "THE NEW KID?!" Nicole's voice was a little bit too loud, causing everyone in the cafeteria to keep silent and stare at Nicole. Kyungsoo turned his head to Hae Lynn's direction and Hae Lynn placed a hand over Nicole's mouth. "Dude! If you keep this up, I swear we'll be labelled as the freaks of the school!"

"So what? This school is filled with freaks anyways!" Nicole's voice was muffled as Hae Lynn bowed a little before she pulled Nicole away to buy some food. Joon Myun chuckled softly at the table and Jongin raised an eyebrow. "Why are you laughing?" Jongin asked and Joon Myun shook his head. "It's nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing." Baekhyun snickered before Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a high five. "Ah shut up." Joon Myun muttered softly as he looked away from the boys. "So Kyungsoo-"

"Call me D.O." Kyungsoo said monotonously before some of the guys at the table smiled a little. "Alright, D.O.," Baekhyun rephrased his sentence before he went on with his question, "How do you like it here?" Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders before he let out a sigh. "There's not much of a difference here compared to where I was from."

"And where are you from?" Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo smirked. "That's not something you guys need to know."

"Man... you're really mysterious." Jongin commented before Kyungsoo nodded his head, looking away from them only to scan around the cafeteria. "Do you have any questions that you need to ask?" Baekhyun asked as Kyungsoo shook his head, still letting his eyes wander around. Mrs. Heng asked EXO-K to sort of be Kyungsoo's guide for the day. Little did Kyungsoo know, he sort of clicked with everyone in this group and the five boys felt that too. Since they clicked well with Kyungsoo, although he was a bit quiet and whatnot, they took him into EXO-K. Letting him join with the exclusive five boys in school who could practically sweep any girl off just like that. The best part? They're all single. Just God damn.

"Quick question," Kyungsoo breathed out the moment his eyes landed on Hae Lynn. She was currently walking towards her table with Nicole and he stared at her lips just tugging upwards that soon transformed into a smile the moment Nicole had cracked a joke. Her teeth were inline and for some reason they seem to glow. "Ask away." Baekhyun nodded his head with a smile but frowned when Kyungsoo wasn't even looking at him. Chanyeol noticed this and since he was sitting beside Kyungsoo, he poked Kyungsoo's arm. "Hey buddy, we're talking to yo-"

Chanyeol couldn't even finish his sentence the moment Kyungsoo turned around to grip onto Chanyeol's wrist. Chanyeol's eyes widened before Kyungsoo gently placed Chanyeol's hand on the table. "I'm not really comfortable with people touching me."

"S-Sorry. Didn't know."

"It's alright." Kyungsoo faced front only to see Baekhyun's face with his eyes wide open. "What?"

"You said you have a quick question!"

"Oh." Kyungsoo paused for a moment to recall back what he wanted to ask. "Where's the library?"

"He's not one of those nerds right?" Sehun whispered to Joon Myun who chuckled suddenly. "I'm not." Kyungsoo's eyes darted at Sehun who raised two hands in front of his chest. "Hey calm down. I'm just asking."

"You could've asked me."

"Well..."

"Enough." Joon Myun spoke up before he let out a sigh. "I'll show you where's the library after school, is it urgent?" Kyungsoo shook his head before he nodded at Joon Myun. So far, if he had to choose between the five, Joon Myun would be his choice of who he could get along with the best. The bell rang and everyone dispersed back to their classes after dilly dallying around in the hallways. Hae Lynn followed Nicole back to her class as they stood outside the door because Nicole didn't want to go into her class without Hae Lynn. "Hae, just come into this class with me." Nicole pouted, still not letting go of Hae Lynn's hand. "Hey, let go. I have to get to class."

"This is your class from now on." Nicole smiled widely before Hae Lynn shook her head. Nicole's smile faded a little the moment Joon Myun walked by to enter the class. Before he went in, he patted Nicole on the shoulder before saying a soft "Hey."

"H-Hey." Nicole stuttered and Joon Myun simply smiled as he greeted Hae Lynn too before he went in. The moment Joon Myun was gone, Hae Lynn couldn't help but snicker at Nicole's face expression. It was as though she's seen an angel walk by. Which is pretty close to what Joon Myun is. "Oh my god..." Nicole blurted out softly and Hae Lynn peeked into the class only to notice Joon Myun wasn't that far from the door and he was facing the door too. Hae Lynn opened the door wider before she pushed Nicole with full force at Joon Myun's direction. Nicole fell forward but she fell into Joon Myun's arms. "H-Hey are you alright?" Joon Myun asked worriedly and Nicole immediately heated up like a tomato but she had enough time to glare at Hae Lynn. "Yah! Kim Hae Lynn!"

Hae Lynn immediately slammed the door shut before she turned around only to bump into a guy. The two of them fell down onto the ground. She rubbed her head as she looked up only to meet with Kyungsoo's glare. "You really need to watch where you're walking."

"It wasn't my fault."

"Oh really? So you're saying it's my fault?"

"Wha-No! I said no such thing!"

"Then whose fault is it?"

"Well it wasn't mine." Hae Lynn muttered softly as Kyungsoo scoffed as he pushed himself off the ground only to stand before Hae Lynn. "Girls like you are the reasons why I'd rather not have a girlfriend." Kyungsoo snapped at her and she narrowed her eyes at him before gawked open. She shot up from the ground before she pointed at his face. "O-Oh yeah? Well guys like you are the reasons why I'd rather not have a boyfriend either!"

Kyungsoo scoffed before he rolled his eyes at her. "Tch, I don't need this crap." He turned around to walk away but he was walking at the wrong direction. "Hey genius, class is this way." 

Kyungsoo spun around only to gulp at Hae Lynn's direction. "W-Well-I knew that." Kyungsoo said as he hurriedly walked past by her. Hae Lynn shook her head as she walked back to her class behind Kyungsoo, leaving a gap between them as they walked back to class. When Kyungsoo entered the classroom, girls gasped when they saw his face. Guessed they had to get used to having two people from EXO-K in the class. Who was the other one? The other quiet, yet less snappier one, Sehun. Sehun was in the same class as Kyungsoo but the moment he saw how Kyungsoo snapped at the teacher and how he completely treated Hae Lynn as if she owe him a living, that made Sehun question what kind of person Kyungsoo was but he can't be too quick to judge Kyungsoo either. 

He quickly took his seat down before he took Hae Lynn's bag from the chair to put it on the ground beside the table as he placed his bag on Hae Lynn's chair. She crossed her arms when she reached in front of Kyungsoo's table, eyeing her bag on the ground. "Where am I supposed to sit?"

"Anywhere that is not here."

"That's not fair. M-Mrs. Heng said that we have to sit beside one another."

"Why?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow before he leaned back on his chair. "You want to sit beside me?" She pressed her lips into a fine line as before she could even answer that, a guy had called her. She turned her head only to meet eyes with Lee Minhyuk, her best friend for years way before they reached high school. "You can sit beside me." Minhyuk flashed his smile as he removed his bag from the chair, making the seat beside him vacant. Just like that, the deep realization had hit Kyungsoo that he would need to have someone else sit beside him because up until now, he's still haven't got his textbooks. Therefore, if Hae Lynn wasn't sitting beside him, he would need a partner to share with. In this case, he would rather have Hae Lynn than anyone else because he doesn't want to go to Sehun either. He's not that dumb to not realize that Sehun may have something against him already.

Before Hae Lynn could even reach for her bag, Kyungsoo snatched her bag off the ground and placed it on her seat after removing his bag to place it on the ground. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked her and she raised an eyebrow. "Well, give me my bag."

"For what?"

Her lips parted and she furrowed her eyebrows at Kyungsoo who had a blank face on. "So do I sit beside you?" Hae Lynn asked Kyungsoo who raised an eyebrow at her. "Why are you asking me? It's your seat."

"But you just-" She pointed at him but slowly she curled her finger back in as she let her hand fall to her side. "Just sit down before the teacher comes." Kyungsoo said monotonously and she glanced at Minhyuk. "Don't even think about sitting anywhere else." Kyungsoo spoke up and a few girls in the class gasped when Kyungsoo said that. She gulped as she looked back at Minhyuk who pouted before he reached for his bag to put it back on the seat beside him. He gestured her to sit back on her seat and she nodded her head before she sat down on her chair. "You're weird." She commented as she took out her English textbook.

"Excuse me?" Kyungsoo said he turned to face her with two of his elbows on the table. "You heard me, weirdo."

Kyungsoo scoffed at her as he looked away from her. This is going to be a very very very long year with her.