Seventeen

The Change Of My Heart

Chapter Seventeen

Updated on 22nd of November 2013.

-

 

"You told him everything...?"

With a nod of her head, Nicole was completely stunned. Hae Lynn was the type of person to bottle it up and hold it in but she told Kyungsoo? Out of all the people in the world that she told other than herself, Minhyuk and Sehun - Kyungsoo? It's been three weeks since that incident and ever since, Kyungsoo was surprisingly a bit nicer. No no no, not a complete transformation - but he's getting there. Her grandmother was now back staying with Hae Lynn and as planned, Hae Lynn moved back to staying with her grandmother.

Even though Mrs. Do pleaded for her grandmother and Hae Lynn to stay with them, they didn't agree to it. Not even when Kyungsoo took the time to talk to Hae Lynn's grandmother but no, nothing worked and the Kim's went back to living on their own. Although with that, Mrs. Do visited most of the time to take care of Hae Lynn's grandmother whenever she's free.

Her grandmother's condition wasn't so good and she's been feeling very weak so she has to rest all day in bed. Even when she needs to bath or go to the bathroom, it would be a bit hard doing it on her own but it was managable. The odd thing was there was no specific sickness and there were no diseases installed for Hae Lynn's grandmother, so what was wrong?

"W-What?"

"She needs to be really careful now. Her body movements and reactions are getting slower, and Mrs. Do, am I right?" Mrs. Do nodded her head twice as she stared at the doctor. Mrs. Do offered to take Hae Lynn's grandmother back home instead of the young girl herself since she was caught up with school and her part time job, she didn't have the time to do so. Mrs. Do being the helpful woman she was, took the liberty to help.

"Mrs. Kim isn't a young lady anymore. With that being said, I'm sure you understand that the human body wasn't build to last forever. Her immune system isn't as strong as it was before and I'm sure she knows it herself. She should stop working since the energy in her body is draining out and she is in need of more sleep. Even if she returns home, make sure there is someone to take care of her."

Mrs. Do blinked at the doctor, gripping onto his arm as she stared at him with wide eyes. "D-Doctor, are you saying she's-"

"What I'm saying is... her loved ones should be prepared when the time comes. Her body has very little energy and with that, her body is conserving the little energy it has, and as a result, it needs less nourishment and sustenance. So what I advise you is that if she doesn't wish to eat or drink, don't force her to do so because that might cause her to choke - since is dry, it will be hard for her to eat or even swallow. I can't really predict when her body will shut down completely, but like I said, her loved ones should be prepared."

The woman listening to the doctor's explanation shook her head frantically. "N-No! You have to do something! She's the only family member her granddaughter has!" The doctor shook his head and sighed. "No matter what we try, she can only depend on the life support the nurses will be setting up at her house when she returns. Even with that, we can't give her medicine or supplements because it wouldn't help - it's a natural process of death, Mrs. Do."

"But-!"

"Jun-ah..." A voice came from the ward door and the two darted their heads at the elderly standing by the door on her own. Mrs. Do dashed towards the elderly, aiding her up as the doctor took his leave. "W-Why are you standing up alone? I said I would help you walk to the car when I'm done talking to the doctor."

She simply smiled and placed a hand on Mrs. Do's cheek. "Do Soo Jun, it's alright."

"When the time comes, I know she'll be ready for it - because my granddaughter is strong."

 

"How did he take it...?"

She pressed her lips together, not being able to hide the smile that was forming on her lips. "He sang a song to make me feel better."

"What?!" Nicole shouted, echoing the whole cafeteria along with stealing the attention of EXO-K sitting a table away from them. Kyungsoo's head darted to their table where he could see Hae Lynn blushing slightly with her hands covering her face. Kai and Baekhyun simply snickered at Kyungsoo but the boy staring at Hae Lynn couldn't care less - it was like he was in his own world once he embraced the fact that possibly, he had fallen for her.

At first of course, he thought he was going to go insane but after a while, everything felt good.

Each time he manage to make her smile, he felt giddy as if there was this tingling sensation in him - weird, isn't it? Joon Myun was just rather pulled into his girlfriend he couldn't sit beside with because Nicole, told him that he should still hang out with his friends and not neglect them just because they're together. Plus, she needed to make sure she has time to hang out with her girlfriends anyway - Joon Myun protested slightly on this but gave into her when she pulled out her cute puppy eyes that worked on basically everyone, except a few people.

"Someone's going to get jealous," Sehun announced and everyone else on the table shot their heads towards Sehun except the boy staring at Hae Lynn. "What?"

"The hell are you talking about?"

"Sehun, what do you mean?"

The boy who made the statement simply pointed at Hae Lynn's table and back to Kyungsoo. Everyone's head followed where he was pointing at. Their eyes moved from Hae Lynn's table and back to Kyungsoo as he counted. "Three, two, and..." His voice trailed off as the moment he reached to 'one', Minhyuk appeared out of nowhere. Kyungsoo's eyes shot wider as he stared at Minhyuk taking the seat beside her as if he was born for it. He rarely sits with her, so why was he there now? Clenching his fist on his lap underneath the table, he threatened to just barge over there to take the seat on the other side but he held himself back when he turned his head to notice everyone was staring at him.

"What?" Kyungsoo blurted out unintentionally - now he really couldn't go there. "I need to go to the library." Sehun announced, standing up and he walked over to Kyungsoo's side to yank the boy up. "You're coming with me."

"W-Wait, what?" Kyungsoo cried out in desperation to yank his hand back but aimlessly, he followed Sehun nevertheless - not having the chance to break free when Sehun had already dragged the boy out the door. Hae Lynn's eyes widened as Minhyuk's words to her didn't even enter her ears when her eyes followed Kyungsoo's figure disappear.

 

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo hissed, finally able to pry his hand away from Sehun once they were in the library. Sehun shrugged, walking into the library and heading towards the first row of books as he leaned against it slightly. Kyungsoo followed Sehun's cue to stand beside him but keeping a gap between them. There has to be a reason why Kyungsoo was dragged by Sehun to come here, and only Sehun knows that reason.

"There has to be a reason why you pulled me here." Kyungsoo gritted through his teeth and Sehun turned around as he scanned through the row of books. "Maybe..."

Kyungsoo clenched his fists, "What do you mean 'maybe'?"

"Shh," Sehun held his index finger against his lips without looking at him. "We're in a library." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the taller boy and inwardly groaned as he turned to face the bookshelf. "Just tell me why we're here."

Sehun pulled out a book, lifting it up to show it to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at the book as he read the title. 

'Calm Down'

Sneering, Kyungsoo pushed the book away. "Funny."

"It is? No one's laughing." With that, Sehun brushed past Kyungsoo to take a seat by one of the tables. Sighing heavily, Kyungsoo his heels to follow Sehun even though the tendacy to stab Sehun with a pen was high. Kyungsoo sat opposite Sehun who flipped open the book and his eyes scanned through it as if he was a scanner.

"Why are you here?" Sehun spoke up with his eyes locked on the book. Kyungsoo scoffed out loud this time - is he serious?

"Why I'm - You brought me here!"

Multiple people in the library hushed Kyungsoo almost instantly after Kyungsoo's outburst that lasted for a few seconds. Bowing a little, Kyungsoo apologized quietly before he glared at Sehun who snickered - he was definitely amused. "I hope you trip over a rock and bang against the wall." Kyungsoo grumbled, getting ready to get up but he froze when Sehun said a simple full name, take a guess. "What?" Kyungsoo's head darted towards Sehun as he settled back down in his seat. "See? All I said was her name and you're getting worked up for nothing. You need to learn how to relax. Minhyuk is just a friend, for your information."

Kyungsoo scoffed once again, rolling his eyes at Sehun while he was at it. "Yeah right. If only you see the way Minhyuk looks at her."

"Yeah, I've seen it." Sehun nodded once, flipping the page on the book that he was reading - 'To stay calm, one must learn how to hold it in and take a few deep breaths before making a decision. If not, that decision might be done hastily', well that was what he read from the book. "And you don't agree-"

"It's the same as the way you look at her." Sehun clarified, lifting his chin to eye a very stunned Kyungsoo who tried not to show it. "Don't even try to hide or run away from it. I've seen many guys like you come and go in liking a girl like Hae Lynn and to be honest, none of them lasts because they don't have the guts to admit it to her. So unless you want to be kicked to the side, either you take up a chance now or give it to Minhyuk."

"What are yo-"

"Think carefully before you act, that's all I'm saying." Sehun shrugged slightly as he closed the book. "One small mistake and Minhyuk might get her so, I'd say you act quick. A little heads up, our training trip is next week - along with the footballer's training trip."

Confusion took over Kyungsoo. "So what?"

"I suggest you take your shot there before he does."

Kyungsoo let out a soft 'tch' before he stood up when Sehun did. "Minhyuk isn't in the running team."

"But he is in the football team." Sehun kicked his chair in before he turn around to walk away from Kyungsoo but before he did, he looked over his shoulder to smirk at Kyungsoo. "Just letting you know, I'm on your side." Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at Sehun, did he just say that he's on his side? "Don't let me down." Sehun pointed at Kyungsoo while facing front as he walked away to put the book back into the shelf. Kyungsoo exhaled heavily as he sat back down, covering his face with two of his hands. What was he supposed to do? He doesn't even know if he likes her yet but for one, they're getting along much better but there are times when he snaps at her unnecessarily but he was trying his best - it feels like he's a different person.

"You alright?" His head shot up as his hands moved away as he stared at her weirdly. "What are you doing here?"

"Sehun told me you wanted to talk to me on his way out of the library." Kyungsoo who was again confused, lifted his chin to look out the window where he could see Sehun smirking at him. "Fighting." Sehun mouthed the words, doing a fist bump in the air.

 

That bastard.

 

 


A/N : I actually forgot to post it up yesterday ._. sorry but here's an update! xD (to whoever reading that is.)