How to be Zhang Yixing-birthday special

Chen Secret Diary

Edited: again a big Thank you to UnknownNight <3

 

How to be Zhang Yixing- special

 

 

 

I'm not so spaced out. Okay, maybe I am, a little, but there are so many interesting things that catch my attention that I just can't help it. And most of those things are endearing and so beautiful, but people just can't seem to notice. For example, Junmyeon-hyung has this habit to redo the gestures of the others, he just can't help it. I think he does it unconsciously and I find it funny. Chanyeol, instead, would bite his bottom lip when he is embarrassed, which happens more often than anybody would actually realize. I can mention countless habits of people around me, above all of my members, however probably the person I like to observe the most is Jongdae. He can't be for real! That kid is just too adorable! The first time I saw him, I got lost in the way his lips curled when he laughed, his eyes sparkling as little wrinkles form at the corner of his eyes. And the way his voice would become high-pitched and full of aegyo without him to even notice it whenever he is standing beside someone he admires which happens often when he stays beside Junmyeon hyung. He's really an interesting human being and I'm so used to trying to read him that I can predict every single variation of his mood and even his intentions. For example, from the way he was blinking his eyes while talking with Yifan, I knew for sure he had just done a prank on the latter, probably with the help of Baekhyun, judging from the way they were exchanging glances. Nothing escapes my eyes.

“Yah, Yixing, you had your hand suspended in air for an entire quarter. Sometimes I really wonder if you really are a sane person,” mocks me from his spot, my supposed best friend number 2, babo Wu Yifan. We had just come back from our schedule and me and the members, who have the same schedule, were seated at the table, eating, while the others were doing their own in the dorm. Yifan was one of them and that was why he was doing public relations with the kids. I eyed him with my most threatening glare, but I suppose I only looked quite funny, evil Lu, A.K.A. my best friend number 1, always tells me I look constipated when I try to glare (it can be after that comment, I accidentally forgot to mention him the washing machine was settled with a temperature too hot for his Manchester United t-shirt. Well Oops!). I then shrugged. Pfft. I decided to miss to warn him about Chenbaek next prank.

I returned my gaze towards my object of speculation just to find out that after finishing talking with Yifan he left. Sigh. The struggles of being intellectually infatuated with someone so active a volatile like Kim Jongdae. You know, I'm a simple minded person. For me, it’s obvious to only follow one direction but Jongdae, he doesn't constrict his mind in one way only, he wanders here and there feeding his soul with the variety of the world.

“A penny for your thoughts, ge.” I nearly fell down from the chair. I was so engrossed in my world again that I didn't notice he just moved beside me. I chuckled.

“ Just guess.” I replied cheekily well as cheekily I can act. I admit I'm not really good in appearing like the bad . Ah my blank face.

“Ge, sometimes I think you enjoy a lot to play me around,” he whined. Ha ha if only he knew.

We kept chatting happily sometimes in Chinese because Jongdae wanted to practice as much as he could. He kept me company while I was eating and I guess we got so engrossed that we didn't realize the others who were eating with me left one by one and we were only him and I in the kitchen. It's not easy to spend time with every member so even though we were doing the dishes I was still glad. Then, the girly shriek of a dragon came from the hallways.

Our eyes met before bursting into laugh.


 

And then there are some days my mind is just too crowded.

Left, right, the arm angled exactly in that way. Maintain the position and then one step back. Turn.

I was still dancing. Sometimes when I'm not able to get music out of my system or don't have the time to express my bottled up feelings on my guitar because I just have to dance. No matter for how long no matter for how many times I would repeat the same steps, again and again. I think every dancer can relate to me: we seek for escape as we seek for perfection.

When I'm in those moments, the members learn that they just have to let me be. At first the older ones used to get really worried and would force me to come back to the dorm, but it backfired and I extended my stay the day after. It went on until Taemin talked with Junmyeon and they just let me stay behind.

“For god's sake, at least stop before fainting,” said to me an irritated Yifan, but I knew he was only pissed because for him, I was only risking my health. Yifan could be a little rude with his words, but it was to hide his soft side. He is a worrywart and he would probably hyperventilate worse than Zitao in front of a spider, if I were really going to faint. Such a softy our Exo M leader!

So that day after what seemed a brief moment to me, but probably more than 2 hours later, I stopped a moment to grab some water. After dancing like that, I always feel better, forgotten was my nostalgia, forgotten my worries and with that, comes the sense of satisfaction of having taken to perfection what at the beginning were sloppy movements and rushed steps. I sent on a bench, cursing mentally because I remembered I had drunk my last water exactly two hours before when all the members had left and I didn't have anything with me because, as always, I forgot my bag at the dorm. I know, I'm really spaced out.

But then in the far corner of the room I noticed a bag abandoned which wasn't mine.

I had a feeling of anticipation in my heart. The bad contained three bottles of water, a towel and energy barres. And a note at the bottom of it.

“Xing ge, Lu Han ge told me you forgot your bag so I made sure to bring mine. I had vocal lesson and Chinese so I didn't need today. You will probably be so engrossed in your dancing that you will not notice me leaving you this before going back to the dorm, ke ke ke. Please don't' come at an insane late hour, we want you in one peace. Well good dance session ^_^ -Chen Chen”

I laughed because Jongdae was always so precious. I made sure to drink the water and eat the energy barres before deciding to go back to the dorms and to the members, my family.



 

There are also times when I don't know what to think.

“Xing-ge, what do you want for your birthday?”

“Wait, is it my birthday?”

“Ha ha ge, how can you forget your own birthday? It's next week!”

“Ouff. It's not like I mind too much. The birthday of the others are much funnier. “

“That's because you like to take care of the others”

“Zhong da, you think too highly of me. It's because I'm not the only one getting older, that's why. I especially like it when our almighty leader gets older, you know I can call him gramps with an actual reason.” I added.

Jongdae laughed, that fresh and childish sound of his laugh that always managed to turn my day brighter. Ugh. I got lost again and but when he laughs like that... well I don't know what I really should think. I just get lost in his cheekbones at the squeak in his voice and the way his lips naturally curve. Oh my god, this is so...

“Creepy, Yixing. You know sometimes your blank stare is really creepy,” said a voice from beside me A.K.A. my best friend NO.1, now degraded out of the top 12. Yes, I know it's the number of our members, but manager- hyung just gained a position in the brotherhood. And that said Xiao Lu went to the kitchen to grab some juice. I guess I can just miss to mention him that special carton of juice he is bringing to his mouth had expired at least two months ago but everybody was too lazy to notice, except myself, let alone throw it away.

The sound of choking was sound to my ears.

Ooppps!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note. I dont' know I just wanted to take a look inside Yixing's mind for his birthday ( even though I'm late- I know) and try something humorous to cheer up we exo fans! Hope you enjoyed!!

Please leave some comment, It would make me really really really happy!

Zhang Yixing there are a lot of words I would like to tell you, like cheer up, fighting, I love you. For now Happy birthday!

 

 

 

Bonus – EXO universe according to Zhang Yixing ;)etaeW3.png