ix

Together

 

 

Junho's performance was scheduled in the evening in an air-conditioned theater hall. It was something So Eun was thankful for. She had done enough sweating while walking outside under the blazing summer sun with Ara. 

However, Ara couldn't go with So Eun for the evening performances because Ara had some family dinner in a fancy restaurant to attend to. So much for wanting to break free from her posh image, So Eun thought. 

Then, So Eun's mobile phone rang. When she saw the caller ID, her heart skipped a few beats.

"Hello? So Eun? Where are you?" Junho's voice boomed through the speaker.

"In the theater. Waiting for the show to start. Why?" 

"You're here?" Junho asked in shock.

"Yes, I am," she said.

Although So Eun couldn't see Junho, she could tell he was grinning at her answer.

"Well then, I hope you enjoy the performances! Don't faint when it's my turn," Junho said. So Eun scoffed at him in return.

 


 

Once Wooyoung was done with his flawless dance performance, the stage lights dimmed. Junho stood by the side of the stage and watched as Wooyoung walked towards him. 

"Good job," Junho said while giving Wooyoung a fist bump.

Wooyoung smiled even though he was out of breath. "You too, Junho. You are up next," Wooyoung said.

Junho could only nod at his friend. This is the moment he was waiting for all his life. He had spent years preparing for this... to be able to finally show the world what he can do. He is going to carve his name in the world.

And the thought of So Eun watching him in the audience made him even more nervous. He wanted to show this side of him to her, and he doesn't intend to make any mistake. He wanted to be the living proof to her that anyone can reach their dreams if they work hard for it.

"Here we go," he said to himself as the stage lights came back to life, and the audience clapped at the sight of him.

 


 

So Eun thought she was going to be deaf when she exited the theater. The loud music that blared through the speakers, and the extremely high pitched screaming of fan girls can seriously impair any person's ears. But besides that, she really enjoyed the performances, especially Junho's. Seeing him putting all his energy into his performance made her proud. Plus, he looked incredibly good on stage.

"Junho-yah!!!" The fans screamed. So Eun felt her entire body jolted up at the sound of the scream.

"Well, that means I am not deaf yet," she muttered to herself as she scanned her surroundings. She spotted a group of girls, or more specifically, Junho's fangirls, crowding over a man So Eun can easily recognize even when he was wearing sunglasses under the night sky. 

Junho smiled at the fans and thanked them for their support. Then, he saw So Eun who was standing a few feet from him. He walked over to her, ignoring the fans that were tailing him.

"Hey you," Junho greeted her. "Fancy going somewhere with me?"

So Eun simply nodded as she tried her best not to cry at the pairs of curious eyes behind Junho. She would go anywhere to get away from those fangirls.

 


 

It turns out that Junho was driving the both of them to the music company that organized the contest. He had listened to the recorded song and made sure that it was alright to hand it in. He even burned the song in a CD, so So Eun can listen to it in the car.

So Eun had no complains towards the song. To her, it is absolutely perfect. If the judges cannot see how beautiful the song is, So Eun swear they have no rights to be the judges. Okay, maybe that sounded a bit harsh, but you get the point.

Once the song stopped playing, So Eun remembered Junho's performance. 

"Oh yeah," So Eun started. "You did well tonight. You deserve those screaming fans."

Junho smiled at the compliment. "Thanks. Well, hardwork definitely pays off."

Before So Eun could return with a smart remark, they had reached the music company. Junho parked the car nearby. So Eun wondered if it will be too late to submit their song because the sky is already dark and she wasn't sure what time they close, but if Junho is so confident about it, she didn't question it. Perhaps, they open for 24 hours.

"It's only nine o'clock. Don't worry, they are still open," Junho reassured her, as if he read her mind.

They walked into the building. It was so quiet that So Eun could hear the sounds of their footsteps on the tiled floor. They reached the reception counter and asked for the location to submit their song. Then, they were told to leave it in a box in the 5th floor. 

Once they arrive at the 5th floor, So Eun followed the quiet and composed Junho to the box. The office on the floor was eerily deserted and quiet, with only a few lighted desk. Working hours are probably over and they were some left behind to work overtime. 

When Junho dropped their CD into a metal box after double checking if their details were on it, So Eun heard the sounds of high heels getting louder behind her. She knew Junho heard it too because he turned around.

"Junho-yah! I knew it was you," a small-framed woman in office wear greeted Junho. Despite the dark atmosphere, the woman had a bright aura around her. So Eun guessed that the woman must be around the same age as her.

Then, So Eun took a glance at the man beside her. "Sunye?" Junho called in a surprised tone.

 


 

Sunye smiled brightly upon seeing her friend who, thankfully, recognized her. She gave Junho a quick hug and told him how much she missed him and how much he had grown and stuff like that. So Eun could tell that they are close and her assumption was proven further when Sunye threw her arm around Junho's shoulder... despite Junho being taller.

"Oh. Sunye, this is So Eun. So Eun, this is Sunye," Junho introduced his friends to each other. "So Eun is my friend from university, and Sunye is my friend from high school."

"So Eun-ssi, nice to meet you," Sunye greeted So Eun brightly. 

"Nice to meet you too," So Eun returned her greeting with equal brightness. 

"Wow, I haven't seen you in a long time. Are you free? Shall we catch up over a meal of meat or something?" Sunye asked Junho.

"Sure thing," Junho replied. 

"Well, how about the meat restaurant just around the corner? I will go pack up my stuff from my desk and I will meet you downstairs," Sunye said. Then, she turned her attention to So Eun. "So Eun, you can come too! The meat they served there is the best!" With that, Sunye walked back into the office.

"Uhm, Junho, I am sorry, but I think I have to go home," So Eun said. "I have something to do."

"Oh okay, I will drive you home first then," Junho said. "Are you sure you don't want to join us? Sunye is fun."

So Eun smiled. "Yeah, I am sure." She didn't want to disturb them. They are high school friends after all. It will be awkward if So Eun joins them. She would have nothing to say. 

 


 

 

 

;)