iv

Together

 

 

"It's not bad, actually," Park Jin Young said as he read through So Eun's draft. Then, he turned to Junho. "The melody's good too."

Junho and So Eun loosen their tensed muscles upon hearing that. 

"But..." Jin Young siad as he tapped his fingers on his chin. "The lyrics lacks feeling, but since this is a draft, I can't tell if this is So Eun's full potential."

So Eun was about to say something, but Jin Young didn't notice. He continued instead.

"You know, you guys should go on a one day trip or something," he continued. "It's essential for the composer and the lyricist to bond. They have to be all in this together. The lyrics has to match the melody and the melody too has to match the lyrics. That's what I do, when I write a song. Go on a trip, get some inspiration."

Junho and So Eun obediently nodded to Park Jin Young's nonstop opinions.

"Well, nonetheless, you guys are heading to a right direction," he said as he stood up. "I got to go now. I have an appointment scheduled."

Junho stood up and accompanied Jin Young to the door. "Thanks for coming, hyung." Park Jin Young nodded and left the room.

"So how do you know Park Jin Young?" Junho heard So Eun's question while he closes the music room's door. He was impressed that So Eun didn't completely freak out upon seeing one of South Korea's most talented musician. She was just standing outside the door when Jin Young spotted her through the small window on the door. Then, in a flash, Jin Young was evaluating So Eun's lyrics.

"He is actually my distant uncle," Junho explained. "But he doesn't like me calling him uncle though."

"Wow," So Eun said, obviously impressed. "My level of respect towards you has increased tremendously, Lee Junho."

Junho laughed. "Just because of Jin Young hyung?"

"Yes," So Eun said. "And partly also you did well as a composer."

"Thanks," Junho said, as he pack up his stuff in his backpack. "You did well too."

"Where are you going?" So Eun asked.

"I have practice, actually," Junho said. "For the upcoming music festival." 

Junho is part of the music club for the university and every year, a music festival is organized. It's a festival open for anyone to showcase their musical talent. Usually, the music club and the musical department of the drama club will take a huge part in participation. However, there were times whereby students of other club just decided to have a performance. It's quite a fun festival.

"Can I come and watch?" So Eun asked, with her sparkling eyes. It's something Junho find himself rather difficult to resist as days go by.

 


 

Junho and his music club's members were gathered in the theater for their first performance run-through. The music festival is a week away, and they can't afford to have any mistakes. 

So Eun found an empty seat among the seating area. The amount of participants shocked So Eun. She never knew how big this festival is. She thought it was just some festival to enjoy music. Throughout her years in Chung-Ang, she had never been to music festivals. All the while, she was practicing hard for plays, or just staying at home writing. 

She recognized some participants besides Junho. There was Taecyeon, who was in a few of her classes. There were some of the famous music club guys , that Ara told her about, that she recognized. She recognized Nickhun, as his facial features were not of local. He is from Thailand, after all. 

And that's when she realized Junho was part of them. No wonder Ara knew so much about him. Behind the 'first class actress' title, Ara is secretly a fan girl of these guys. So Eun felt better when she realized she is probably the only one who knew about Ara's little secret.

Whenever one of them goes up on stage to perform, there would be loud screams and cheers from one side of the theater. So Eun assumed that those were the fans. It's pretty amazing how people of different department managed to gather and cheered for these good-looking men. Oops, did So Eun just think that they were good-looking? Well, at least Junho is.

"Junho, you're up!" 

So Eun paid full attention to the guy she paired up with for the songwriting contest. For some reason, So Eun felt extremely happy just by looking at him. Maybe it was because he was good-looking, or cute. She mentally slapped herself.

So Eun expected Junho to sing an emotional ballad song, because firstly, he has an amazing voice. Secondly, he plays the piano very well. These two factors automatically spells ballad singer to So Eun. 

She was certainly shocked to learn that Junho was dancing... and singing. He even had a few backup dancers. Junho's voice was extremely stable even though he was dancing hard. His moves are not bad either. He is like those idols that So Eun see on TV. 

He looked extremely cool... and extremely handsome.

So Eun felt her heart squeezed a little just by the thought of Junho now.

 


 

"Yah, Junho! Great job!" Taecyeon congratulated Junho. Taecyeon was giving Junho a big hug. "I am so proud of you!"

"Looks like you gained some fans," Nickhun mentioned and nudged to the group of fangirls at the side. They were chanting Junho's name. 

"Thanks hyung," Junho thanked them sincerely. 

It was his first attempt to put on a performance like that. He personally composed and wrote the lyrics for the song he was performing to. He spent months perfecting every dance moves and stabilizes his vocal. From the feedback he received, he felt proud of himself too. His hard work finally paid off.

Maybe, Junho will finally be remembered. He will no longer be the guy who tagged along with Taecyeon, Nickhun, Jun.K, Wooyoung and Chansung. He will known as Junho. 

Then, he took a glance at where So Eun was sitting. He smiled when he saw her applauding for him. 

Perhaps, he will also be remembered by the girl who writes the lyrics to his composition.

 


 

"What?" Ara asked in bewilderment. "You went for their rehearsal?"

So Eun and Ara were in the student lounge. It was an area for students to just chill. As for the both of them, they were there because both of them were running through the script for their department's upcoming play.

It was pretty surprising that So Eun's only friend is Ara, and Ara's only trustable friend is So Eun. Even So Eun is surprised herself. Didn't she despise the fact Ara is getting all the spots she always wanted? 

"It was pretty much open for everybody," So Eun answered Ara's question. "I was expecting you to be a part of those fan girls who were there."

Ara snickered. "I have an image to uphold. As much as I love to fangirl with them, I can't."

So Eun chuckled. 

"Lucky you," Ara said as she flipped through the script in front of her. "You got to pair up with Junho. I bet you guys are close by now."

"We... are fine," So Eun said.

"Your facial expression tells me otherwise," Ara pointed out. "You are radiating with happiness recently."

So Eun's cheeks flushed red upon hearing that. 

"Now, you are blushing madly," Ara continued. 

So Eun looked away and stared at her script. Ara could only laughed at So Eun's reaction. 

"Just don't get too close to Taecyeon oppa," Ara warned. "He's my bias."

 


 

 

 

A quick update before I am off to study for finals.