vii

Together

 

 

"Who do you think should sing our song?" Junho asked So Eun when they were in the car, on their way towards the Jeonju town. They left the camping site in the morning, as planned by So Eun, and they should be reaching the town in the afternoon. 

"Hmm," So Eun hummed as she thought about it. Truthfully she already had one in mind, but she wasn't sure if she should say it or not.

"I can ask Jin Young hyung to recommend some of his singer friends," Junho said.

"How about you?" So Eun blurted out. "I think you should sing it."

"Me?" Junho asked in bewilderment. He was surprised that So Eun wanted him to sing the song. He was so surprised that he almost wanted to step on the brake in the middle of the road. 

"When I heard you sang in the morning, I knew your voice would suit the song best," So Eun added. 

"Well, if the lyricist says so, I can't object," Junho teased.

 


 

"The beach is so pretty!" So Eun exclaimed when Junho drove by the road that overlooks the beach. Junho slowed down the car so that So Eun could admire the beach longer. When he realized that he could park his car nearby, he decided to bring So Eun to the beach.

"This is not part of your plan, right?" Junho asked when he managed to park his car nicely. Since So Eun had made an effort to planning their trip to Jeonju, he didn't want to destroy the schedule So Eun made. If the sudden visit to the beach is disturbing the schedule, Junho would restart the car immediately. 

"It's not, but I would love to see the beach," So Eun said. "Don't worry about it! Let's go!"

Junho smiled at the bright So Eun. He could get used to her cheerfulness. He hopes So Eun will never lose it.

Then, he heard So Eun sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked. They were standing on the cement stairs and they were a few steps away from the sandy beach. He noticed So Eun was looking at her high heels she was wearing. 

"I forgot I am wearing heels today, moreover, new heels," So Eun said with a laugh. "Walking in the sand with heels doesn't seem right, does it?"

Junho caught So Eun's eyes who were longing to feel the breeze by the sea. She really wanted to be at the beach, but her shoes were limiting her. Junho thought of removing her heels, but for her to walk barefoot on the beach is risky. Her barefeet may touch something sharp in the sand and she will end up hurting herself.

"Wait here," Junho told her and quickly ran back to his car. He opened the car boot and tried to find a pair of flip-flops. He knew he brought his, but it would be too big for So Eun. He just hoped So Eun brought hers. 

Just then, he found a pair of sky blue coloured sandals in So Eun's bag and he mentally did a victory dance. 

When he reached where So Eun was standing, he was already panting. "H-here," he said while handing her the sandals. 

"Y-you didn't have to," So Eun said. 

"But you really wanted to see the beach," Junho reasoned. 

So Eun smiled. "Thank you, Junho."

 


 

Both Junho and So Eun walked side by side along the beach. It has been a long time since So Eun felt the breeze by the ocean. The sound of the water beating against the sandy land soothes her. When she was young, she wished for her own house in the future to be built by the sea. Now, it seemed rather impossible since she is studying in the city and will most probably work in the city.

It was an absolutely good idea to visit Jeonju.

And she was glad she came with Junho.

She thought it was rather amazing just how Junho and her got so much closer in such a short period of time. So Eun would considered the both of them quite different from one another. One's a musician, while the other, an actress. But what she heard from yesterday, it turns out the two of them are similar in a way. They want to break free. 

So Eun took a glance at Junho who was walking at the same pace as her. He was looking at the sea, probably thinking about something. Then, she looked at his hand which was a few centimeters away from her hand. She had the sudden urge to hold it. Then, she mentally slapped herself. She couldn't do that.

She couldn't.

But when the memory of seeing Junho running towards her with her blue sandals in hand made her heart flutter. Out of the sudden, she really wanted to hit Junho for making her felt that way. 

"So Eun?" Junho's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah?" 

"Look what I've brought," Junho said as he took out a camcorder from his backpack. "Care to do a music video to accompany the song?"

"Music video? Here? Us?" So Eun asked. 

Junho laughed. "Don't be so surprised. It's just for fun. Did I tell you I have interest in becoming a film director?"

"Wow, you sure have a lot of interests," So Eun piped. 

Junho grinned and switched on the camcorder. He turned the extended screen around so they can see themselves while the camera was facing them.

"Let's do a short documentary!" So Eun suggested. 

"Okay, ma'am," Junho agreed. He wrapped his arms around So Eun's shoulder so she was close to him, and was able to fit into the camera's view. "Where are we right now, So Eun-ssi?" 

"We are in Jeonju!" So Eun exclaimed while waving to the camera. 

"What do you think of the beach?" Junho asked.

"It's great!" So Eun replied.

"Just like our song?" 

So Eun smiled. "Yes, it is as great as our song!"

 


 

Before they knew it, the sun had set, and they had reached the inn So Eun had booked. They had separate rooms, of course.

"I had fun," So Eun said when they were in the elevator to their rooms' floor. 

Junho smiled. "Me too."

"I have a feeling our song is going to make it to the top," she admitted.

"Well, I trust your feeling," he said. 

So Eun smiled in return. In less than a week, they would have to submit their song, and then So Eun will have no more reasons to meet Junho. They could still stay as friends, but they wouldn't be able to go on trips like these, or spend hours in the music room anymore.

For some reason, So Eun didn't want the contest to end.

For some reason, she felt comfortable with Junho. She didn't need to be somebody else. She didn't need to work extra hard to impress anybody. She was just her, and Junho accepted her just like that.

For some reason, she wished she wasn't the only one feeling this way.

 


 

 

More of a filler chapter?

Things will get back in full swing in the next chapter.

:)