xiv

Together

 

"Hello So Eun!" 

"Good morning, So Eun!"

"Hi!"

"You are awesome!"

So Eun bowed and thanked each and every greetings and comments she heard while she was walking in the campus. After the opening night, she had been getting some recognition. Ara tried to persuade So Eun to play for the following plays as well, but So Eun turned the offer down. The role was originally Ara's, so Ara should resume playing it. 

"Looks like somebody is getting more popular than me," Junho said while putting his arm around So Eun's waist. 

So Eun felt her face getting warmer at Junho's gesture. Even though they are together, So Eun just couldn't bring herself to believe it. Not only that, she couldn't even believe all the attention she was receiving. 

"The results for the music writing competition is out next week," So Eun told Junho. Her head was a mess and that was the only thing she could get it off . She mentally slapped herself. 

Junho laughed and retracted his arms from her waist. "If that's making you uncomfortable, you could have just told me."

So Eun blushed, but pulled back Junho's arm nonetheless. "It's okay," she assured. "I'll just have to get used to it."

Just then, So Eun nearly bumped onto a person in front of her. She looked up and realized it was her new found best friend, Go Ara. As usual, she was dressed to kill and she had her hands on her hips.

"Time for class, Kim So Eun," Ara said and pulled So Eun off the boyfriend. 

Junho scoffed. "Don't be jealous of me, Ara."

Ara could only roll her eyes and pushed So Eun further away from Junho, and towards their classroom. 

 


 

That night, Junho brought So Eun for a date. It was their first official date and Junho wanted to make it as special as possible. But, as cheesy as it may sounds, having So Eun by his side was special enough.

When asked what's So Eun ideal date, she simply replied a night stroll in Hongdae, one of South Korea's most urban night street. Thus, Junho drove his girlfriend there. 

They walked hand in hand in the busy street of Hongdae, absorbing every happening in their surroundings. There were plenty of people, from students to couples to tourists. Even though Junho lived in Seoul, he had never been to Hongdae often. He was probably enjoying Hongdae to maximum since So Eun was with him.

"I got offers from producers of TV dramas," So Eun said out of the blue.

"That's great!" Junho exclaimed.

So Eun smiled. "But, I am not sure if I want to accept them..."

"You want to become an actress, don't you? This is a great oppurtunity," Junho said.

"I know," she replied. "But that also means, I am going to be really busy and I won't be able to see you that often."

Junho smirked. "You must really love me, huh."

"Yah!" So Eun hit his back slightly. 

"I won't stop you from chasing your dreams," Junho said. "I say, go for it! Don't worry about me. I can always visit you on set."

Junho laced his fingers with So Eun. "I will always be here for you," he said and gave her hand a squeeze of assurance.

 


 

"I am soooo nervous," So Eun cried out softly. Her phone was on top of coffee table in the student lounge, and so was Junho's. 

They were in the student lounge with their friends, and they were waiting for the results of the contest to be released. So Eun secretly wished they would win. Of course, anybody who participated will wish he or she would win right? 

While So Eun was in nervous mode, Junho was sitting in the couch next to So Eun with his arms crossed. He had his headphones on, and he seemed to have zoned off. He didn't look nervous at all, but knowing Junho, So Eun knew it was his way of getting rid tension.

"If you don't win, I will personally interrogate the company in charge," Ara said, showing how powerful her existence is. 

After what seemed like an hour, Junho's phone finally buzzed. It vibrated to life and moved a few centimeters from its original position. So Eun immediately looked at Junho. He quickly remove his headphones and picked up the phone.

"Hello? Yes, I am," Junho answered the caller on the other side of the line. 

So Eun looked intently at him, hoping to pick up clues by watching his expression. She was so nervous that she could only hear her heart beats. 

"Alright, I got it. Thank you very much," Junho said and ended the call. 

"What is it? What did they say?" So Eun questioned him almost immediately, making her look and sound like a little kid.

Junho smiled and patted her head. 

"We didn't make it?" So Eun questioned in bewilderment. She could see Ara fishing out her phone, probably wanting to call the company herself.

"Wait, hold on," Junho said to the heiress of a entertainment company. Then, he turned to So Eun. "We made it. First place."

"What?" So Eun was stunned. "First place? Us?"

Junho simply nodded.

"Why are you not excited about it?" So Eun questioned.

"Because I kind of expected it," he replied.

"Oh, I see somebody has been confident all along," Wooyoung commented. 

So Eun held both of Junho's hand. "We did it right? We won? You are not lying?"

Junho smiled at her cuteness and gave her a peck on the forehead. "We won, So Eun."

 


 

After winning the contest, Junho and So Eun had been receiving love calls from music companies non-stop. Their song for the new TV drama was doing pretty well on the charts and thus the massive recognition on them.

Junho accepted a few offers and had been busy composing. On the other hand, So Eun accepted a role offered in a new mini-drama. She also helped Junho on lyrics writing. Even though they are still university students, they are working like any other graduate students. 

Go Ara decided to not participate in every play staged by the university. However, she will be in the auditorium, guiding the new actors and actresses. She said she finally clear the air between her parents. She wanted to do different things and not to be tied down to only an option. Recently, So Eun had been accompanying Ara to a few idols' concerts. So Eun started to doubt the other options Ara has been thinking about. But, seeing how much Ara is enjoying her life, So Eun didn't want to distrupt it.

Perhaps, So Eun will only stop her once the time is right.

 


 

"Wow, this is so pretty," So Eun said as she took in the top night view of Seoul. Junho brought her to a high place that overlooks Seoul, and of course, it was the Namsan Tower. 

"Not as pretty as you," Junho said and wrapped his arms around her from behind. 

So Eun scoffed.

"Thank you, Junho," she said sincerely.

"For what?"

"For making me realize what's important," she said. "Without you, I wouldn't be doing what I love right now."

Junho smiled. "Well, thank you to you too. If it's not you who came barging into the music room that day, I wouldn't be able to enter the contest with a pretty lady like you."

So Eun laughed. Then, she squeezed Junho's hand. "We are all in this together right?"

Junho turned So Eun around and stared into her eyes. "We will go through life," he said under his breath and slowly leaned in. So Eun's eyes were fluttered close and her arms were already around his neck. 

"...together," Junho finished his sentence and kissed his girlfriend. 

 


 

 

 

The end.

 

Ahhh it's the end! Thank you so much for your support towards this fic! I am so sorry I had to end this, but I think I am running out of ideas for this. Again, thanks for all your commments and votes and subscriptions. You guys are the best!

Junsso forever!

-haley