ii

Together

 

 

So Eun felt a rush of embarassment when she remembered how she managed to get Junho to participate in the contest with her. She couldn't believe she would just barge into some random music room that she had never been to, and asked a stranger to team up with her. He is a stranger. What if behind that good-looking face, he would take advantage of her?

So Eun hit her forehead lightly, repeatedly on the wall. She heard some whispers by some passerbys, but she didn't care. Her embarassment was enough to drown all those whispers by those university students. 

"So Eun-ssi?" 

The familiar soothing voice snapped So Eun out of her trance. She turned to look at Junho, who was looking at her in concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

So Eun felt more embarassment than she initially was. "Oh, I am fine, I am fine. Don't worry about me."

"Are you sure?" Junho asked again.

So Eun nodded repeatedly. "I have class now," she said while glancing at her watch. "I will see you later."

With that, she rushed off to the other side of the block. 

 


 

"There is these kind of contest going around, huh?" Wooyoung asked when he was saw one of those flyers being passed around the campus.

"Oh, this is the contest I was talking about," Junho pointed out to his friend. 

Both of them were having lunch in a Korean restaurant that is just right around the campus. Junho told some of his friends about him being asked by a girl to join a composing-writing song competition. Junho didn't give them much details, since he, himself could not believe it either.

A complete stranger just asked him if he wants to compose a song for her to write lyrics to. It sounded a little bit bizzare.

"Music & Lyrics? Whoa, look at the prizes!" Wooyoung exclaimed. Junho was pretty sure Wooyoung's eyeballs were going to fall out.

"What? What?" Junho craned his neck towards Wooyoung.

"First prize: Get your song feature as an OST for any MBC TV drama!" Wooyoung said. "Yah! This no joke!"

"Seriously?" Junho snatched the flyer from Wooyoung's hand. 

Wooyoung wasn't lying. The aim for this contest is to get an OST produced by university students. If the prize is so good, there must be a lot of applications already. No wonder, Kim So Eun wanted to join this competition so bad.

It's like instant recognition from the entertainment industry.

It's also a step Junho should take if he wants make a living as a composer.

"So, who's the girl that asked you to team up with her?" Wooyoung questioned.

"She... I've never seen her around before though," Junho admitted. "Her name's Kim So Eun."

Wooyoung looked at his friend. "Kim. So. Eun? Did I hear it right?"

"Yes you did," Junho answered. 

"You don't know who is Kim So Eun?" Wooyoung questioned his friend further.

Junho looked at his friend cautiously. Was there something important that Junho missed out? 

"Yah, you followed Taecyeon hyung to so many stage plays and you still can't tell?" Wooyoung asked in bewilderment. "Who is dubbed the second best actress in our campus' theater and film department?"

It's true that Junho often tagged along with Taecyeon to stage plays presented by the campus. That is because Taecyeon is majoring in that department, and Junho has quite an interest in acting. If his musical talents doesn't help him anywhere, he would give acting a shot. Regarding the identity of Kim So Eun, it finally rang a bell, thanks to Wooyoung's prompt. 

Of course, Kim So Eun. How could Junho missed it? She is the girl who always get the second female lead or the understudy of the lead in every freaking stage play. Go Ara, dubbed the campus' best actress, is always the face of every stage play.

Honestly, Junho had grown tired of seeing her as the lead every time. He wondered if the production crew ever grew tired of seeing her in rehearsals. Or is it Go Ara comes from a rich family, and her family is the reason why she is always casted? He also wondered how Kim So Eun can stand standing behind Go Ara all these times. Junho is trying his best to do something different from his friends and hyungs, but So Eun is still in the acting game. 

"Maybe that's why she wants to give writing lyrics a shot," Junho muttered to himself.

 


 

So Eun felt like banging her head on her desk. 

She forgot to ask for Junho's number. She forgot to let him know where to meet up. She has absolutely no way of contacting him. She don't even know what he majors in.

"Looks like there is a war going on in your head," Ara commented when she saw her classmate.

"It is," So Eun cried softly and let her head fell to her desk.

"Boy problems?" Ara asked.

"No, not really," So Eun said. 

"Then, what is it?" Ara questioned. "Maybe I can help you."

This is one thing about So Eun's relationship with Go Ara. Sometimes, So Eun can't stand her for snatching away everything, but sometimes, Ara is the only person So Eun can actually talk to.

"Do you know who's Lee Junho?" So Eun blurted out her question.

Ara could only look bewildered at her classmate's sudden question. "P-pardon?"

"Lee Junho," So Eun repeated his name. "I don't know which department he is from, but he plays the piano very well, so I guess he could be from the music department..."

Ara chuckled. "I know who Lee Junho is."

So Eun's eyes sparkled. "You do?"

"Yes, I am surprised you that you don't," Ara said. "He is a faithful audience of our plays. He is always with Taecyeon oppa."

"Really? I didn't notice," So Eun said. She knew who Taecyeon is, but she never knew there was someone else. Maybe she should pay more attention to the audience next time. 

"So, why Lee Junho?" Ara asked, suspiciously. "You find him cute? Want his number?"

So Eun scoffed. She wanted to tell her about the contest and the real reason why she was looking for Junho, but something tells her to keep that a secret from Ara. Something tells her that Ara might try to outrun So Eun in the contest as well. So Eun didn't want to risk anything.

"Yeah, he's cute. Can I get his number?"

 



Junho was busy looking through the collection of soundtracks compositions in the Internet. He was simply looking for an inspiration to start with. He wouldn't consider himself a very good composer, since all he does was is self-studying. 

Just then, his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Junho-ssi? This is Kim So Eun, the girl who wanted to pair up with you for Music & Lyrics..."

"Yes, So Eun-ssi. I remember you."

"Thank goodness." Junho could hear her laugh over the laughter. "I was just wondering if we could meet up to discuss some stuff..."

"I am in the music room right now," Junho replied. "You can come over now,  if you want."

"Okay! I will see you in a bit!"

Junho hung up and realized he had a wide grin plastered across his face. For some reason, he was feeling rather excited to work with this girl who has a pretty smile, Kim So Eun.

 


 

 

 

 

Thank you so much for the subscriptions and comments.

I hope I can live up to your expectations. :)