xiii

Together

 

 

So Eun wondered why she listened to Ara. Why in the world did she agreed to be part of this game whereby she was required to be closed in a closet and wait for some guy to enter. When she first heard of it, she thought she could tolerate it. But now that she was sitting in the dark closet, she was somewhat regretting her choice. What if some drunk guy walk in and took advantage of the seven minutes?

Junho will not always be there to save her. 

She started to get scared by the minute. The party was probably half filled with drunk guys, and she knew Ara was a bit tipsy too. Who know what kind of guy Ara would let pass and eventually find So Eun. She certainly doesn't want to lose her ity just like that.

So Eun had her finger crossed. 

Then, she heard footsteps outside her door. The lights in the closet she was in was switched off and So Eun was sitting on the ground, hugging her knees. She could hear her hearbeats in her ear.

She could only think of Junho at that moment. She could only hope that it was Junho who is going open the door. As she hear the lock of the door being unlocked, she held her breath and shut her eyes. She could only hope for the best.

 


 

This is it.

Junho stood in front of a closet that he chose out of the three. There were two other guys who were also standing in front of the other doors.

"When I count to three, you guys may enter!" Ara announced. "One, two, three! Have fun!"

Junho took a deep breath and opened the door. If it wasn't So Eun who is in there, he would probably have a nice chat with the lady and hopefully the person wasn't drunk. If it was So Eun, he wouldn't know what to do. 

It was dark inside. He couldn't even see a thing. He walked in slowly and carefully shut the door behind him. He stood there for a while to give time for his eyes to adjust to the darkness. He was surprised that no one jumped on him or anything yet. He wondered if he walked into an empty closet. 

"Is anyone there?" Junho asked as he touched the walls for a sign for a light switch.

Then he heard a gasp, and Junho could recognize that voice anywhere. 

"J-Junho?" So Eun sounded weak, as if she had been crying. Junho quickly flicked the switch on when he finally found it. He saw So Eun sitting on the floor, her eyes swollen from crying. His heart ached from the sight. He quickly squatted down and pulled So Eun into his arms.

"It's okay," Junho assured her. "You are alright."

So Eun hugged Junho back, feeling safe in his arms. She couldn't control her tears as they kept on rolling down on her cheeks. She was scared and now, she was happy that she was saved by the man she was hoping for. The man that she loves.

"If you are this afraid, you could have told Ara," Junho said, rubbing So Eun's back. 

"Yeah, I should have," So Eun said while laughing lightly. She pulled herself away and wiped her eyes. "But you are here, so I shouldn't be afraid right?" 

Junho smirked. "I am a man too. You should be afraid of me as well." With that, he leaned in closer causing So Eun to blush. Their faces were only a few centimeters away. So Eun could feel Junho's warmth, but she didn't move backwards. Somehow, she was enjoying it.

"It's a yes," So Eun said under her breath.

Junho was clearly confused. But before he could ask her, So Eun leaned in and closed the gap between them. Her arms wrapped around his neck and her eyes were flutterd closed as she kissed him. Junho, on the other hand, was taken aback by the bold move, but gave in to kiss. His hands pulled So Eun closer so he could deepen the kiss. 

Before they knew it, the kiss were getting more passionate. So Eun pulled away to catch her breath. Her face flushed from the kiss. Then, when she met Junho's eyes again, her face grew even warmer. She couldn't believe she just did that.

"Time's up! Come out before I decide to barge in!" Ara called through her hailer. 

Junho stood up and extended his hand for So Eun. She gladly took it and stood up as well. Junho didn't let her hand go. 

"What's the yes for?" he asked. 

"A-about us going out," she answered. Her face still flushed.

Junho reached for the doorknob and his other hand still holding So Eun's hand. "I must be very charming, huh. To be able to make you kiss me like that."

"Yah!" So Eun hit his back. 

 


 

The party was officially over. Ara's house slowly becoming quiet as the guests leave the house. 

"Today must be your lucky day, Kim So Eun," Ara said as she flipped through her book of phone numbers. She had been trying to reach her housekeeper. "You got to play the lead role, get excellent reviews from top critics and even got yourself a boyfriend."

So Eun blushed at the last part. 

Junho and his friends left together, but he promised So Eun that he will call her when he get home. 

"It will be more awesome if you guys won the music writing contest," Ara continued. She punched numbers onto her phone when she found the number she wanted. 

So Eun smiled to herself. "Yeah, it would be," she muttered to herself.

"Thanks Ara, for everything," So Eun said genuinely to her friend. Without Ara, she could never have achieved the things she had that day. It was Ara who made her starred the play that night. It was Ara who forcefully pushed her into the closet. It was because of Ara that she was able to confess to Junho. Ara smiled, mouthed 'No problem' and started talking to her housekeeper over the line.

 


 

 

 

 

Ending this story soon. :(