x

Together

 

 

Ever since that day which Sunye met her high school friend Junho, So Eun realized that Sunye was in their campus frequently. And for some reason, So Eun felt uneasy about it. The music festival just ended, so the students from the music department are sort of cleaning up the area - by removing posters and whatnot. So Eun had seen Junho in her block before, but her happiness was immediately put off when she saw Sunye tailing behind him.

Was she jealous?

During the second last rehearsal for the play that So Eun's department is helding, Junho was there to watch. She knew he was there to watch his friend Taecyeon, but she started to question it when he dumped his friend Wooyoung among the auditorium seats to sit beside her. She felt surprisingly uncomfortable with Junho beside her.

However, they didn't really talk. So Eun had her eyes glued to the now rather useless script in front of her, while subconciously making sure Ara had her lines right. Just then, Junho's phone, which was on his lap, vibrated to life. And that sort of diverted So Eun's attention to his phone.

Even through the corner of her eyes, she could tell Junho was grinning at the message he received. Then, he typed on his phone.

"That was Sunye," Junho said. So Eun blinked at him. She didn't even ask him about it. 

"It turns out she is in charge of the contest we are involved in," Junho continued. 

What a coincidence, So Eun thought. "I see," she said instead.

"She is here to clear up the remaining posters and flyers that are lying around the campus," he continued. 

"Alright, good job everyone. Let's take a break!" So Eun's drama teacher suddenly shouted. The lights in the auditorium came on and some of the people stood up from their seats. Ara and Taecyeon, who were on the stage, were called to meet the drama teacher.

"Wanna go out and get some air?" Junho asked. So Eun nodded. 

 


 

Junho grabbed two cans of diet soda from the vending machine. He tossed one to So Eun and he smiled when she caught it. They found a seat on the bench in the campus' park. It was rather empty as most of the students were having class at that moment. However, Junho could spot some female students, who were walking by, that were whispering and looking at him from afar. It wasn't that he was boasting. He was just simply stating the truth.

"You said Sunye is your high school friend right?" So Eun asked. Junho nodded in return. He wasn't surprised when So Eun asked him. It was, as if, Junho expected So Eun to have endless wonder about Sunye. He wanted to her envious.

"We were classmates," Junho said. "And I used to have a crush on her. But, that was then." 

So Eun froze for a quick bit, but Junho managed to catch that. Then, she took a sip of her soda. "Who wouldn't right? She is really pretty," she said.

So are you, Junho thought. But he couldn't bring herself to say that. 

"Junho!" Someone called his name from behind. He could immediately tell that the voice belonged to Sunye. He turned around to see her waving her arms to get his atttention.

"Oh, I am sorry So Eun," he said while getting up from the bench. "I need to go help Sunye settle some stuff in the administration..."

"Yeah sure, go ahead," So Eun replied with a smile. "I will be in the auditorium shortly."

 


 

"Just how long am I supposed to act like I want to get each and every of your attention?" Sunye questioned her high school friend. They were at the administration office, but they were not settling anything. Sunye had her stuff done hours ago. Then, she suddenly received a message from Junho to meet him and requested her to call out his name.

Junho was sitting in the couch, enjoying the air-conditioned room, while Sunye looked through the window. She could see the park from where she was, and she could see So Eun still sitting on the bench. Then, a guy approached So Eun with a gift box. 

"Looks like So Eun is getting some confession from a guy," Sunye said without averting her sight from the girl in the park. "I was sort of expecting this. So Eun is pretty and cute. She is probably every guy's ideal type, no?"

Junho didn't say anything. 

Sunye continued to observe. The guy handed So Eun to box and said something that made his face redden. Sunye assumed that he confessed. So Eun looked as if she felt bad, but she turned him down anyway. 

"Your lady just turned him down," Sunye reported to Junho. Her eyes still not looking away. She could see the guy bowing to So Eun before walking away and dissapearing from Sunye's range of sight. Shortly after that, So Eun walked away from the park as well. 

When Sunye didn't hear anything from Junho, she turned her attention to him. "You know, I think you are waiting for the moon to fall on your lap. What happened to your 'if you want to reach your dream, you have to go all the way to get it'? Does it not apply here?"

Junho sighed and got up. "Don't you have work?" he asked.

Sunye hissed. She got up and exited the administration office. 

 


 

So Eun was shopping in a nearby supermarket. It was a few blocks away from her house and she usually walk to get there. Her parents were out of town and she needed to stock up the house.

"So Eun?" 

She perked up at the sound of her name. To her surprise, standing right in front of her was the woman she most probably did not feel like seeing. Sunye. However, Sunye was not alone. Besides her stood a man a lot taller and built body. He was pushing a trolley half-filled with stuff from the supermarket.

Then, as if everything happens in a flash, So Eun was invited by Sunye to have a chat over coffee in a coffee shop just opposite the supermarket. The coffee shop was so close to the supermarket till the fact that they could see the guy who was accompanying Sunye earlier still shopping in between the aisles.

"He's my husband," Sunye said while looking at the man shopping.

"What? You're married?" So Eun asked in surprised. A few bags of grocery sat on the floor next to her. 

Sunye smiled and showed the ring on her finger. "Is it that hard to believe?"

"Of course! We are of the same age and you are married and have a stable job," So Eun said. "While I don't even have a boyfriend."

Sunye smirked. "You know you can get one."

So Eun averted her gaze.

"I've heard the song you and Junho wrote. I am not supposed to, but I guessed I got curious," Sunye admitted. "It is a wonderful song."

"Thanks," So Eun thanked her genuinely.

"Junho's a good guy," Sunye said suddenly. "And now that you know I am married, don't you feel relieved? 

 


 

Sunye and her husband offered to drive So Eun home. So Eun was a bit hesitant, but Sunye insisted. "It's late and it's not safe for a young lady like you to walk alone without a man by your side," Sunye said. So Eun felt Sunye emphasized on the word 'man' was a bit unnecessary. 

Sunye's husband is very friendly. He asked her about her acting course and told her he wanted to do it when he was in college. 

"Oh, I heard from Junho you are part of a play. Is that right?" Sunye asked.

"But I am not really in the cast," So Eun admitted.

"It doesn't matter," Sunye said. "We'll be there. Right, honey?"

"Of course," her husband replied.

So Eun could only smile at the scene. The atmosphere of a married couple is sure different. But for some reason, So Eun wished she can have a love life as happy as Sunye.

 


 

 

 

 

:)

Yes So Eun you can!