-7-

Something Beautiful

“Rules? What do you think of me?” Jungkook retorted.

“I just need things to all fit in schedule once I start tutoring.”

“Like you even have a schedule; all you do is hang out with that tall kid.”

You rolled your eyes, “Matter of fact that tall kid is my best friend and his name is Jun- Zelo, his name is Zelo.” As you corrected yourself from saying his real name, “The rules are it has to be after school in the abandoned stairwell. We can’t stay till 6 o’clock because usually I eat dinner with Zelo at like 6:30.” You glanced at Jungkook who was blandly looking around, you exhaled, “and after Friday, we will stop this tutoring session because it will be of no use.”

Jungkook looked at you in the dim street lighting and smirked, “So, deal?”

:::::::::::::

                It was now Monday afternoon, which meant it was the first tutoring session with the demon. You walked from your last period class the abandoned stairwell only carrying the necessary books. Opening the door, the abrupt feeling of emptiness overcame you. You placed yourself on your favorite ledge and waited. You looked at your wrist every once in a while. 30 minutes became an hour and an hour became 2 until it reached 5:30 in the afternoon. Where the hell his that inconsiderate idiot? I have an hour till dinner with Junhong. You let out a frustrated sigh, not knowing what to do. You gathered your things and stopped when you heard the door swing open. There he was, late as always.

“Where were you?”

“Doesn’t matter, I’m here now aren’t I? Besides, you still have about an hour with me till you go on your little dinner date with your boyfriend.”

“Best. Friend. He is just my best friend.” You watched as he walked from the door way to where you had placed the books.

“What’s all this?”

“Homework,” You looked at his face take it all in, “It’s not that hard, we will just break it down into our schedule.” He nodded and you smiled in satisfaction, “Today, since you were late we are going to stuff Korean vocabulary in since it seems as if it is the easiest.” You placed the first book down, “Then tomorrow, you have to come in on time so we can study English vocabulary.” You then placed the second book down, “And lastly, on Wednesday we can study both English and Korean literature and how to answer the passages. Now I know its literature, but you can’t really do English without any words to inspect, right? ” You placed the last book down with sophistication.

“What about Thursday?” Jungkook looked at you confused.

“We will let what we learned sink in and review what we are still fuzzy about.” You scrunched you nose and looked at your watch, “We still have time, so do you want to start?”

“Yeah, sure.” Jungkook seated himself next to you and cracked open the first book.

20 minutes passed and it truly surprised you how diligently he was working. He asked you questions about if he spelt the words right or if they matched with their definitions. You would help him and ask him review questions on the things he wouldn’t get quite right. Sometimes he would even correct your careless mistakes and he would tease you.

It was now 6 o’clock, “Okay and we are done.”

Jungkook let go of his pencil and grabbed his things. He walked out of the door, muttering a slight, “Thank you.”

You smiled and gathered your things, “You aren’t too bad either, wonder boy.”

:::::::

 You walked home and found Zelo sitting on your porch with his head propped onto his hands, eyes closed. You waved you hand in front of his face and then swiftly flicked his forehead, “Wake up.”

Zelo’s eyes fluttered open as he rubbed his head, “Aish, what took you so long?” He looked at his watch and showed you the time, “It’s 6:25!”

“Calm down, Skaterboy, we still have 5 minutes till dinner.” You told him as you unlocked the door, “Besides, don’t you have the spare key?”

“I lost it.” You rolled your eyes and stepped into your clean house.

You made bimbimbap and bulgogi for the hungry child and started to eat, “We have a lot of food, can’t we ask the oppas to come over?”

“They can’t,” Zelo spoke as he scarfed down the meat, “They’re busy today, a ton of battles to fight.” You smiled and shook your head while you ate the rice and meat, “Where were you today anyways?”

“I was tutoring.” You told him.

“Tutoring who?”

“Jungkook.” You heard a spoon drop, so you looked up to face a shocked Zelo.

“Why? Don’t you like, hate him”

“Not necessarily hate, but it’s like a he’s new and he needs to pass. Anyway, he was the one who came to me.”

“Jinja?! Whoa, you go girl!” Zelo fist pumped for a second and then continued to eat. You smiled and pushed the meat and bimbimbap plate closer towards him offering his developing body more food. After about an hour you and parted ways. Since it was cold outside and Zelo didn’t want you to get sick, so he told you to just walk him to the door. You watched as he picked up his belongings and ride away into the dim street lighting to the tall apartment complex.

You gently closed the front door and crossed your arms, making your way to your bedroom. You plopped onto your bed and drifted off to bed, preparing yourself for another exasperating day.

:::::::

After classes once again, it was now Tuesday afternoon. You walked to the abandoned stairwell, but stopped when you saw that Jungkook was there before you. You looked at him curiously, “Go inside so we can start.”

“If I could, don’t you think I would?”

“What?” You walked toward him and noticed that the stairwell was under construction, “No, No, No!” You whined stomping your foot in frustration.

“Calm down, we can find another spot.” Jungkook looked around and saw another rusted door, “Follow me, brat.” Your jaw dropped a bit but you picked it up once you noticed that he was going to leave you. The both of you traveled through series of doors and went up staircases to finally reach the rooftop. “This will do for now, right?”

You slowly shook your head and glanced around, placing the books on the cemented floor, “Did you know about this place?”

“Nope, I am as shocked as you are.” You glanced at Jungkook who was holding the railing on the ledge.

“Maybe we should start?” Jungkook nodded and began to study English vocabulary. This subject was also a little bit tricky for you, but you had to act smart enough for Jungkook not to notice your mistakes.

This too surprised you as well; Jungkook was actually doing an okay job at this thing called studying, “Stop staring at me and teach.”

“I wasn’t staring-“

“I know I may not act like I don’t know anything, but it’s because I know too much.”  Jungkook raised his head high.

“Okay, calm down there Shakespeare.” You laughed along as Jungkook giggled while shaking his head. His emotions can go from rude to open to cocky to childish all in a matter of seconds, which frightened you but also amazed you for a queer reason.

It was now once again 6 o’clock and it was your time to depart, “Thank you and don’t forget what you learned!” You told Jungkook in English, hoping it came out right. Quite frankly you couldn’t tell because of the way Jungkook stared at you in a judging matter as if you were an alien.

“Okay?” Jungkook sheepishly answered as he gathered his things and left.

You shook your head happily while gathering your things and wondering how to get down from this strange scenery.

:::::::

“How was your little tutoring session with Jungkook?” Zelo asked as he patiently waited for the spicy ramen to be placed onto the table.

“Well, when we got to our destination, it was under construction so we had to find a new place, which so happened to be the rooftop.” You placed the pot down and took off the lid, filling the air with the scent of freshly made ramen noodles.

“Your tutoring spot is the abandoned stairwell?!” Zelo yelled taken aback, “Haeun, that is our spot, it took us like a year and a half to find that place!”

“You gave Yoomi a ing day so why even bother, Junhong.” You calmly, but harshly told him as you grabbed a fork full of noodles.

“Aish,” Zelo snarled as he looked down at his bowl, “If you don’t like Yoomi just tell me, just don’t get even.”

“You already know the answer, and if I had told you, you wouldn’t do anything about it.” You narrowed your eyes at him.

Zelo reached over and pinched your nose, “You know me so well.”

You night ended once again after about an hour or so of bickering. You were quite hot headed with your best friend, so you immediately closed the door after he left and didn’t even bother to watch him leave down the street. Your arguments with him were like a routine. You would always bicker, leave each other hanging or hot headed, and wait about a day till either of you cool off before you chat once more. The chances for the two of you to simmer down and act as if nothing were to happen are a 99.9% success rate.

You changed and did your necessary bed time routine before actually drifting away to your land of slumber.

:::::::::::

3:30 pm on a Wednesday marked your calendar as the day where the rooftop was padlocked that held a sign saying ‘Closed for Repair’.

You groaned and held the strap if your backpack, “Now where do we freaking go?”

Jungkook looked at you and rolled his eyes, “Do you think I care? I found a spot last time and it was tiring, so now it’s your turn and don’t make it ugly.”

You pursed your lips and then you felt a light bulb brighten on top of your head, “The Park, it’s beautiful outside and its calm because not that many kids live on our street so no one goes there.”

“Ah, stop talking and just go.” You shook your head obediently and lead the way. Once you got there you walked up to the tallest play tower, “What do you think you are doing?”

“Climbing,” You pulled out Jungkook’s arms, which by the way he refused to before you scolded him, and made him hold the books. You started to climb until you seated yourself on the surface, “Come on up Mr. Cranky Pants.”

Jungkook snarled at you and threw the books up. You thankfully caught them and moments after you saw Jungkook’s black hair poke up the ladder. You smiled and reached out to help him, he pushed your hand away and your face returned to the regretful frown, Bastard.

Taking the third and last lesson, you prepared to study English/Korean literature and how to answer the passages with multiple choice answers, “Okay so after reading the English passage you can tell that A was the correct answer because it mainly revolved around the plot of the passage.” Jotting down notes to self and quick tips, Jungkook fascinated you.

The wind was blowing cool refreshing air, which was nice, but it was no help with the paper what so ever. Jungkook was trying to write, but the paper was fidgeting so you helped him. You placed your hand on it and you heard the mouse like voice, “Thank you.” You secretly smiled until he told you off after his awkward cough, “Stop it.” After a couple more passages, you made him answer a question.

“Okay, so tell me what you think the answer is.”

“Um, B?”

“Tell me why.” You looked at the text book’s passage and the back at Jungkook.

“B because it talked about the italicized words and their definitions, answering it just like what the question asked.”

You nodded your head and smiled, “Good job!” You held up you thumbs and gave him a cheesy smile. Behind him you saw a faint figure walking toward your house, “Shoot, what time is it?”

Jungkook looked at his watch and told you, “6:10”

“Okay, well I guess that wraps it up for today, same place tomorrow?” Jungkook nodded and hopped of off the tower. You watched with a dropped jaw. If that were me, I would have broken my ankle. You contemplated if you should do the same, even with all the things you were carrying on your back. You shook your head and climbed down the ladder, A little too hard core for me; maybe next time.

:::::::

Holla at me!

Hello my loves, I am back and I finished my trip from Florida T.T

I will miss that humid, hot, land of insects and geckos. Though that means I am free to update now, what what.

I love you all thank you for your comments,

Barely-finished.

**He is so beautiful i can't wait for the fluffy chapters to come out /throws up/**