-10-

Something Beautiful

           Weeks passed since the test and it was now midst autumn. On top of the ending semester, you haven’t had contact with Jungkook since the meeting at the park. To you, it almost felt as if he were never there. Since you never got the chance to catch up with him, you never gave him back his sweater. That sweater is now the only bridge that connects you and Jungkook from ever forgetting each other, which in fact for some odd reason gave it a special meaning.

          Yoomi has also been stepping in and become a bigger portion in Zelo’s life and it bugged you. She would always cling on to Zelo for dear life as if she would get killed any minute and of course Zelo being Zelo, he was oblivious. He was also oblivious to her covered up love bites that trailed on her neck. Yoomi would in every chance she got whether it was on movie nights, shopping, studying, or just a hang out. She was always there. Yet, somehow, she managed to make you feel alone every time she was there. You would always be the first to leave and in the end, it would just leave more room for Yoomi to push you out.

::::::

“Great job Zelo!” Yoomi half yelled as she stood like a barrier between you and Zelo, “Maybe you should help me with my homework too!”

You rolled your empty eyes at the child like creature with your hands in your pockets, “Yah, Yoomi,” you called out, “You have to be an idiot to not get 100% on that 10 question multiplication math worksheet.”

“Well, I’m sorry Miss perfect that I can’t do simple math problems.” Yoomi pouted.

You turned your head and gagged at the sight, Can she get any more hideous? How can guys even hook up with her? You looked back at her and watched her interactions with Zelo.

“Zelo, maybe we can go to that underground station again?” Yoomi batted her eyelashes and smiled.

“Uh, I don’t know,” Zelo shot you a nervous look, which you blocked and smirked, “I’ll have to ask my hyungs.”

“Why do you have to ask them, can’t you just invite me?” The monster pouted.

“I can’t necessarily ‘invite’ people Yoomi.”

“Well, you invited me that one time and you always tell her to go.” She pointed to you and you gave her a dirty look.

“She has a name and it’s Haeun, besides, that was only one time.” Zelo explained to the uncooperative five year old.

In the midst of all the bickering, your head started to hurt and once again, it left Zelo more time with the she devil, “Good luck, Junhong.” You muttered as you walked away from the scene.

::::::

             Walking through the quaint little town you looked at the shops and entered one that looked decent. It was a book store that held books as if they were artifacts. You grazed the vacant aisles and found a one book that stuck out farther than the rest of them because it was slightly bigger. You pulled it out and noticed that the book was titled, If Only. You flipped the ancient pages and read random paragraphs. Indulged in the book, an old lady stepped out from nowhere.

“Are you finding everything alright?”

Startled you jumped and spun around to face her. Slowly you spoke while bowing a little, “Y-yes, thank you.”

She smiled and looked at the book you were reading, “I heard that the book you are holding is really something else.” You looked at her curiously, letting your eyes wander to the old brown cover, “It’s about a girl who can’t help but fall into a love triangle, even when her life is already falling apart.” Your fingers traced the golden outlined letters and thought, Is this worth it? Just then the bell on the door rang and someone stepped in. The elder excused herself as she went to the door to greet the body.

“Halmoni, did sales go well today?” Your ears perked up, causing you to automatically look at the male. Your eyes widened and in an instant your body connected to the floor before he could see you. You looked through the gaps in the books and stared at his face, my, my has he changed.

Aigoo, Jungkook, The sales have been the same, but, there is one young lady here.” The Ahjuma walked toward your shelf, “Oh, she was here a second ago.” You held your breath and then you saw her in front of you. You regretfully closed your eyes for a couple of seconds and opened them. You were pulled by the arm to get up and you stood up awkwardly with a bit of slouching on the opposite shoulder. Jungkook stared at you with a poker face.

 “Annyeong, Jungkook.” You told him without any mannerism. Once it slipped off your tongue, you bit the inside of your mouth and looked at his face.

“Oh,” The grandmother of Jungkook looked at you with an unreadable expression, “You know my Jungkook?” You looked at her, then at Jungkook, and then back to her. You shook your head in agreement slowly, “Wonderful, what a small world! Do you dance because my grandson here needs a new dancing partner because I don’t approve of the one he has now.”

You looked down and kindly told her, “Ah, I don’t dance anymore, I used to though when I was little.” You reminisced for a while and then apologized, “Sorry, I hope you find someone for him to dance with.”

Jungkook cleared his throat and both of your eyes wandered to him, “I don’t know Halmoni, my partner may not look dressed properly for dance sessions-“

“-Ah, Jungkook she looks like she came out of a club!”

“But she is a good dancer. She could help us win the prize, don’t you want it? Please, just accept her.” You watched as Jungkook looked vulnerable defending the unknown girl. The pleading in his eyes looked so heartbreaking. What is the prize Jungkook? You thought to yourself. The Halmoni retreated to her grandson, hugged him, and whispered something incoherent in his ears. You watched as Jungkook slightly smiled. You said your goodbyes and walked out of the store empty handed. You wanted the book, but now, there is always a reason to come back.

“Bridges that connected to Jungkook-population 2.” You smiled content with yourself and walked home.

:::::::

Grabbing the keys from your purse you opened your house door to find Junhong and Yoomi sitting cross legged on the floor playing Life. You stood in the doorway for a while, “What. The. Hell. Do. You. Think. You. Are. Doing.”  You told them slowly and furiously.

“Um, I think I should go-“ Yoomi peeped.

“-The yeah you should.” You told her harshly. Angrily glaring at your red face, Yoomi bumped shoulders with you as she walked out the door. You closed the door behind her and shook your head at your best friend. You your front teeth, “I am expecting a hella good reason, Junhong.”

“You don’t have to get mad, Haeun, she is harmless!” Zelo stood up and walked to you.

You looked in his eyes, “Harmless?” You scoffed, “Have you seen her neck?”

“So what if she hooks up with guys? What if she just wants a friend?”

“Where is my friend, Junhong? Where did he go?” You crossed your arms.

“I don’t get why this is such a big deal, Haeun! I just invited her to the house.”

Hurt you responded, “My house, if you have forgotten; This,” You looked around, “This is my house.”

“We all know it’s not yours.” He scoffed coldly, “This house is your aunt’s. It holds way to many memories for it just to be yours.”

Smoke threatening to come out of your ears you shook your head, “Get out, now.” Junhong walked passed you without another word and left you alone. You needed Junhong to leave otherwise if he stayed, you would say so many things that you would regret. 

Aish, he went too far this time. You told yourself. You needed to leave; you needed to get out of that house. It felt suffocating and sickening to stay there. So you ran, out the door and to that bookstore.

You slowed your pace and opened the door, “Oh miss you are back already?” The Halmoni asked.

You slightly smiled and shook your head, “Yeah, I sort of wanted to look at more books, I find this place quite interesting.”

“Well then, look, don’t mind me.” She left you to your business and went into a room behind the counter. You grazed through the aisles and found that book sticking out just a little bit because it was bigger than the rest.

:::::::

Hello guys! Okay so what do you think of this short update? I needed one just to tell you guys an announcement! Okay so thank you @davibabi53 for being the 200Th subscriber!! I also need to tell you guys that I am traveling the world once again. This time it involves an an airline! Koreanair! OMFG i cant even, i am in Korea. I AM BREATHING THE SAME AIR AS OPPAR T.T

Can you guys guess where i am going? I’ll give you guys hints 1)it is outside of the United states 2) Is my homeland (Asian country) 3) Kpop stars do sometimes travel here, Lee Minho recently went there!

Okay, I’ll update and tell you when I get back!

Love,

Barely-finished.