-26-

Something Beautiful

      “Ahjuma, can I check out a book please? I need one for my book report for Korea’s Silla period.” You say as your eyes scan the dusty bookshelves.

“Oh sure darling, just make sure to bring it back. Can’t keep all customers into thinking I’m letting you go for free!” She states cutely as she knits by the cash register.

Arching your eye brow at her statement you look around the almost vacant store, “Whatever floats your boat, Halmoni.”

She tilts her eye glasses down so she stares at you with no lenses, “And that is for you to marry my grandson.”

You look up at her and smile awkwardly grabbing the book that you need and bowing just a bit, “Thank you for the book,” she waves and off you go outside to your house or well your second house perhaps.

 

:::::::

 

       “It’s Hyung! JIMIN. HYUNG. Aigoo, Jungkook!” As you step into the flat you see Jimin rubbing his knuckle on your boyfriend’s head.

You smile while shaking your head. Taking off your shoes you sit in one of the stools by the kitchen counter, “He never learns does he, Jimin?” The two boys stopped what they were doing and looked at you with wide eyes. Then in an instance Jimin lets go of Jungkook.

“Don’t make me start with you, Haeun. You need to start calling me oppa! I am two years older than both of you! I have had so many more bowls of rice than you two!”

“Yah! Hyung don’t yell at her!” Jungkook pushed him away from you and tapped his chest, “Yell at me!” Then he pointed to his head, “Knuckle my head; not hers!”

And then swiftly Jimin grabbed Jungkook and once more they resumed their childish play.

 

:::::

 

After you and Jungkook were finished ‘studying’ the two of you decided to cook for the rest of the gang.

“No Jungkook, not yet!” You say to him before he pours the vegetables into the boiling water.

“Why not?” He asks retrieving his spoon from the bowl. You just shake your head and he shrugs putting the bowl down at your command.

 10 minutes later while he was cutting up some apples for a snack as you prepared you kept scolding him, “How can I trust you in the kitchen if you can’t even skin an apple, kook?”

“You can’t,” V interjects as he walks past the counter and grabs a demented apple slice. Jungkook looks at you with false hope and nods agreeing with his, oh so wise hyung.

“But,” you walk closer to him with a straight face. Inches away from being in full body contact with Jungkook with V watching closely with pure curiosity and amusement, you grab one of the apple slices and plot it into your mouth, “At least you tried.” Backing away you stir the mixture of meats and vegetables.

“OOH, she got you there man!” V shouts with his hand in a fist and he covers his mouth.

Jungkook exhales and looks down with closed eyes, “How many times do you have to do that, Haeun. Bad girlfriend.”

 

::::::

 

Dinner was ready and as you set up the table Jungkook came behind and trapped you within his arms, “Ah ha, finally the wild animal is trapped.”

You stare at him unamused and smirk, “Oh wow, help I’m so scar-“

Jungkook captures your lips and smiles through the kiss. Breaking away he looks at you, “Well you should be.”

You slap his shoulder and sternly look at him, “Jungkook, someone could have saw us!”

“Present.”

The two of you look over and see Suga in the doorway, “Just got here to see that the young ones have matured. So, how was your ‘studying’?”

“U-um, it was-“ You started to stutter cutely.

Jungkook chuckled and back hugged you in front of his hyung with no fear, “It could have been better if she let me have breaks but any time with her is lovely.”

“Uh huh. Okay. This is really weird so do PDA somewhere else you guys give me a headache.” Suga walks away while rubbing his temples. You quickly shove Jungkook in the stomach with your elbow and ramble on about PDA.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and smiles a cute eye smile, “Okay my dear.”

 

:::::::

 

BURP!

Everybody at the table groans, “Seriously V?” Rap monster whines and smacks the back of the adolescent’s head.

V rubs the spot and apologizes, “It’s just because Haeun made it so good; my stomach was happy!” You smile and bow your head nodding in thanks.

“Yah! V don’t try to flirt with my girl at the table!”

“That would be hyung to you!”

“Not if you try to take someone who is already taken.”

“Bring it on, Kook!” V puffs out his chest and stands up. You didn’t know whether or not to feel proud of your protective boyfriend or embarrassed because the fight didn’t go anywhere they were like penguins bumping each other’s chest.

“Wow, what a keeper you got there. You have him whipped.” Suga whispered to you and you lowered your face and stared at the food you were about to digest. For 5 minutes you pretended that the boy you are in a relationship with just wasn’t chest bumping his hyung.

 

::::::

 

“Thanks for the dinner, Haeun!” V patted your head as you were putting on your shoes to go home. Jungkook stared at his hyung unamused and agitatedly. Once V hugged you Jungkook stepped in and playfully shoved his hyung.

“You want to go again, boy?!” You rolled your eyes and as they began to chest bump you grabbed Jungkook’s arms and pulled him away.

“Maybe you should walk me home, hm?” You glance at him not letting your grasp weaken. He stares at you and nods heading out the door with the two of you silently bickering.

“Why do you have to do that?”

“Why can’t I stand up for my girlfriend?”

“You can but don’t look so stupid!”

“Stupid? I thought I looked cool.”

“Yeah well okay-“

You stop and stare the group of males in the hallway.

“And then Daehyun Hyung ate the cheese cake!” Laughs erupted over the old, repetitive joke that was only understood by 6 people; 7 including you.

 

::::::

 

“Hey Haeun, Jungkook.”  A voice croaks. It was Jongup.

You wave and smile lightly, “Hi, Jongup.”

“Hey, what’s up.” Jungkook greets coolly.

 

The tension in the hallway was too suffocating so you had to break the ice, “I was actually heading home since it’s kinda late. Where are you guys going?”

The guys glanced at each other whispering and discussing if they should tell you or not, “We’re actually going to battle at the station right now.”

You bit the inner side of your lip with a slightly hurt expression in your eyes. Why would they need to discuss it before telling me? The station was our thing. Are we that distant now? Thoughts like this made you taste iron and before your big mouth was to run off Jungkook sensed the awkwardness and decided to pull away.

“Okay, I should probably bring Haeun home now it’s getting colder. Good luck. People are getting pretty skilled now a days.” After the farewell Jungkook laced his hands with yours. You felt the stares like bullets and knew that later they would talk about this meet in privacy so you did the most rude and selfish thing a significant other could ever do in front of close friends.

To save yourself, you let go of Jungkook’s hand and walked faster.

 

::::::

 

Hello my lovelies!

How are you guys doing? How were finals or midterms? Hopefully it was good but even if it was stressful you are here and so close to being finished or is finished already so go you! I ended my semester on Friday and my lowest grade was *drum roll sounds* a 96% WOOHOO! My highest grade was a 100% in clothing so yay!

Tell me your weekly stories and events please,

Barely-finished

tumblr_mzmedksa8B1svb0geo1_r1_500.gif tumblr_mzbucu33wd1svb0geo1_250.gif

*Because sweaty Jungkook is beautiful jungkook*