-25-

Something Beautiful

            Jungkook had opened your door quietly and had just stared at your sleeping figure on the ground. Putting a hand through his hair he exhaled, scooping you into his arms and carrying you to your bed. He wiped away the remaining tears on your red cheeks and kissed your forehead goodnight, “Sweet dreams, Haeun. Just remember that when it rains it pours, but in the end there will always be flowers growing.”

 

:::::::

 

Your hands were wrapped around a beige mug that held warm coffee. Inhaling the scent you closed your tired eyes; you hadn’t slept through nights so normally any more even with Jungkook’s long, reassuring phone calls. You could almost feel the between you and Zelo breaking.

Had he liked me the whole time? Had it hurt him so badly that he used Yoomi to fill the void? Why do I feel so badly for her all of a sudden? Questions like these would fill up your mind before you went to bed. You never even thought that your childhood best friend had felt this way for months now, maybe even years.

I thought I could read him so clearly, I guess not.

 

::::::

 

            Holding the straps of your backpack you exit the classroom and make your way to the secret staircase. Even though it had been in construction for about 5 months now, no one even knew about it. Zelo had been avoiding you and you knew he was single now because Yoomi would not even bare to even be in the same class as Zelo. She had asked to switch out of classes and if it didn’t happen she would skip and ask a friend to give her the homework.

Your footsteps echoed in the silent, deserted hallway; the creaking of floorboards and flapping of forgotten posters on the walls were heard as if they were sirens at the dead of night. Making your way closer to the staircase your fingertips come in contact with the doorknob but stops; other voices were heard in the staircase.

“Hyung, what am I supposed to do?” Your ears sensed that the voice belonged to Zelo, “I messed up so badly.”

“Junhong, don’t beat yourself up over it. Just give it some time; she will eventually get over it. Haeun will sense how you feel and she will confess what she thinks as well.”

“What am I supposed to do until then? Watch her and Jungkook kiss in front of me?!”

“Zelo calm down-“

“I love her, Hyung!”

Your heart sank, “No. Zelo don’t love me. If you love me I can’t return the favor.” You backed away from the door and hid behind a book case before Zelo ran out of the stairwell with a red face. You walked out from behind your hiding spot and walked closer to Jongup.

“Oppa,” You stepped closer and tapped his shoulder, “Is he okay?”

He looked up at you with hard yet concerned eyes, “Haeun, just be careful. When you confess to him, don’t be too harsh.”

You wanted to argue on your behalf, but you knew what he told you was the least he could ask of so instead you shook your head and watched as he walked out to the other building. You ran your finger through your hair and made your way to your next class with heavy shoulders.

 

::::::

 

Closing your locker, you looked around the vacant hallway. You never understood why people were in such a rush to get home; you were always the last one. You heard footsteps, then a halt; drifting your eyes toward the person, you raise your hand to a calm wave.

“Hello, Junhong,” You smile lightly, “Going home? If you are can I walk with you-“ He looks down avoiding eye contact and denies your request by walking right past you. You blink fast and furrow your eyebrows. Turning around you throw your backpack onto your shoulders and run after him.

“JUNHONG!” You say breathlessly, “Stop right there!” You watch as he stops and look over his shoulder, “Please,” you say quieter, “please stop and face me.”

He fully turned around and shrugged his shoulders, “What do you want from me?”

“I just want you, Junhong,” You say with a pleading, “I want my best friend back.”

“Best friend, yes, because that’s all I’ll ever be to you right?” He tells you with hurt eyes

“I don’t know! But all I know is I need you right now, Junhong! These past few days since the fight I have been hurting for you, beating myself up for making you so fragile!”

Zelo bit his lip, “Haeun, I’m sorry that I can’t be everything for you but,” He looks up at you smiles lightly, “Don’t beat yourself up for me. For right now, I don’t need you to save me. Just stay with me with like nothing ever happened and I’ll find a way to save myself.”

Your eyes widened not knowing what that meant but all you figured out is that the both of you confessed what you felt. Slowly you inched your way toward him and softly, you wrapped your arms around his neck and gave him a long overdue hug, “I’m sorry for not being able to return your requests, Junhong.”

He hugged you back and smiled softly with weary eyes. Exhaling he hugged you tighter and tried to shake away all of the depressing thoughts nipping at his box of pride.

 

:::::::

 

“And then I told him how I felt. I told him that I was sorry and then I hugged him. Gosh, if I had known he had such feelings…” You looked up from Jungkook’s chest and then frowned smacking him in the stomach, “Yah! Did you even listen to my story?”

He suddenly opened his eyes and gave you an eye smile, “I was listening to you, but I was also resting my eyes.”

You looked like you were going to hit him again but you stopped, “If you weren’t so cute I would have hit you again.”

“Thanks,” He leaned downward and kissed you on the nose.  You smiled like a child and leaned upward to capture him square on the lips.

The two of you had been getting more touchy but not in the kind but in a way a flower blossoms. It’s like the two of you loving without yearning for anything other than the affection the significant other gives.

You pull away with a breathless smile and stare at him, “I think I need to work on my homework again.”

You push yourself off of the bed and head over to your desk where all of you studying supplies were already laid out.

“Haeun, can’t you take a break, huh?” You hear your boyfriend whine, “Please.”

“No, I think you need to study too. We have a final coming up soon. The stupid teachers needed to put them after break.”

You heard Jungkook laugh and so you looked at him, “You think I study on my own? Oh, my girlfriend is so cute.”

“I thought you said you are a bad student because you are with Hana all the time.” You say purely curious.

“Well, it’s partially because of that, but mostly it’s because I wanted to impress you.” He scrunched his nose up cutely and covered his face with your pillow. You puff your cheeks and roll your eyes; turning back to the books.

Thirty minutes pass and all you can hear is Jungkook rapping, singing, or beat boxing. It wouldn’t have been so annoying if he hadn’t done them right next to you though.

“Baby, baby you are just like a caramel macchiato. Still, near my lips, your scent is sweet.” He sings while wrapping his arms around you and then kissing you cheek.

“I know what you are doing Jungkook and it’s not going to work. I am not falling into one of your procrastination games; not this time, lover boy.” You say cutely as you pick up your pencil once again to attempt to finish your English assignment.

He pouts, letting go of you and walks around your room looking through your book shelf and numerous photo albums, “So you and Zelo really have been friends forever, huh?” He says as he flips through a photo album labeled in gold font it read,

“Mizpah (n.) The deep emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death”

“Yup,” You say as you continue to write, “Why?”

He looks over his shoulder and smiles at you, “Just wondering.” Closing the book, he gently puts it back in its rightful place and walks over you ruffling your hair a bit then kissing the top of it, “After you give me another kiss I’ll let you study without disturbance.”

You look at him with a concerned stare, “…why?”

He shrugs, “Just because,” You lean forward and watched amusedly as he closed his eyes waiting to be kissed.

“I’m not push over,” with that, barely an inch away from his lips you turn your head back to the books.

 

 

:::::::

Happy new year?

Harharhar I . I’m so sorry guys I felt like I haven’t updated in a billion years and I feel like I am making everything go by so fast but guess what? I think this story has less than 10 more chapters! I’m not sure if it will be less than 10 or not but I know how everything is going to end already so just brace yourselves.

So long and till we meet again,

Barely-finished