-12-

Something Beautiful

             The first to walk in was Jungkook with his bad- aura radiating off of him. You were to follow with such innocent intentions that barely bounced off of you pale skin. You took your seat in between the rebel and the so called best friend, just like always.

“Where are your slips?” The teacher rose his eye brows and waited expecting a useless excuse.

“We don’t have any.” Jungkook told the teacher truthfully.

“Ha, the two of you arrived at this hour in the school day, together?” The teacher’s eyes then bolted to yours which automatically made you stare straight at the ground, “Miss Hwa, answer me.”

“Yes.” You told him softly not looking into his threatening eyes.

“Pick your head up and speak louder when you are talking to me.”

“Yes, we did arrive together.”

Whispers erupted in the once silent room. You could already feel the bugs of rumors crawl against your skin, “Very well. If you like spending time together rather than being in school educating your corrupted minds, I suggest you stay in detention for two weeks.”

Jungkook who was once uninterested in the lecture then looked up in disbelief, “What?”

“I said detention for two weeks cleaning with all the other delinquents.”

“Two weeks? Sir, I have to practice for a competition that happens in 3-“

“Well then you should have considered coming on time rather than pulling your last straw Mr. Jeon; now two people have to suffer for the price of one.” Jungkook clenched his jaw and the teacher continued on with the lesson. Only this time it was with a red, frustrated face.

You opened your notebook and started to scribble out such sloppy notes that you would later on and try to read to yourself with such difficulty. The whispers were still happening and you could hear them so perfectly well. You consistently looked at the teacher and though to yourself how can a teacher be so oblivious. You tried to concentrate but every time you looked up to copy notes there would be at least two curious students looking your way wondering if you and Jungkook actually made a good couple. You closed your eyes and prayed that the bell would ring so you could leave and eat lunch without being bothered. After a few, the bell did ring and before you could collect everything you needed to leave your desk was suddenly bombarded with human beings.

“Is it true?”

“Are you and Jungkook going out?”

“You’ve been caught, Haeun!”

“How come you never told us?!”

You hated being the center of attention for anything so you just stared at everyone with widened eyes not knowing what to do at all. You looked around and through a crack you spotted Zelo’s desk. You were going to call out his name for help but he looked at you with such hollow eyes, packed his things and left to have lunch with the witch that stood in the door way.

“That crazy bastard.” You muttered to yourself. There was an automatic silence and you snapped out of your little zone. Looking up you saw Jungkook standing in front of your desk. Boys and girls stood about a foot away from the boy as if he had a contagious; yet they still anticipated who would talk first.

“Aish,” Jungkook ruffled his hair, “Are we going to have lunch or not?” He then proceeded to pull you by the hand and walk out of the class room leaving your class mates screaming with the latest gossip.

 

:::::::::

         

            You screamed at the top of your lungs and crouched on the pebbled ground. In a crying voice you spoke, “Why did you have to do that? Now people are going to think we are actually together!”

“Why, you don’t like it?” Jungkook crouched down to your level and smirked.

“Of course I don’t like it you !” You pushed him away from your face and grabbed another kimbap roll. You plopped it into your mouth and dusted your hands, “Everyone one is just so annoying.”

“Well, I wouldn’t have done it if you weren’t being such a baby about it sitting there in your chair all scared like.” Jungkook then imitated you and started laughing. You pouted and looked at him. He stopped laugh and cleared his throat, “I was also waiting for your ‘best friend’ to rescue you, but he didn’t do that either. Care to explain why?”

You gave him a snarl, “It’s none of your business.”

“Awe, what. Did you have a fight?” Jungkook asked in a baby voice.

“Yeah we actually did, you .” Jungkook looked at your vulnerable image and stayed silent, not knowing how to react, “What, now you aren’t going to speak?” You grabbed a handful of pebbles and threw it at his legs, “Speak.”

Jungkook looked down at his legs and back to you. He drew a deep breath and spoke, “Why did you guys argue?” You stopped playing with the pebbles for a second, but never really looked back up at the boy. You shrugged and continued to rest your head on your knees and pick at the little rocks.

“Are you jealous?”

“No!” You quickly looked up and threw more pebbles at him, “Jealous?” You scoffed to yourself, “As if.”

Jungkook watched in amusement as you mentally talked to yourself, “I beg to differ.” You were about to throw even more pebbles when he stopped you, “Aigoo, is it about that girl in the door way?” You slowly dropped your hand and pouted, “So it is.”

“Not entirely,” You rubbed your head and exhaled, “you know what? I don’t even know anymore.”

 

:::::::

          You were now putting your books away and preparing yourself for the extreme cleaning. As you were going to retreat to the detention room, Zelo bumped into you, “Have fun at detention.” With that he walked away.

A fury began to arise in your stomach and thank god the hallway was empty, “Choi Junhong!” He stopped and merely turned his head to listen. You swallowed and couldn’t mutter anything else because if you spoke, your voice would crack with emotions that can be classified in the subject: Hurt. He waited for your reply and once you gave him nothing, he turned his head forward and walked out into the open world leaving you in the empty hallway with your duties waiting.

After moments of silence and staring at nothing but the exit door straight ahead of you, a voice called out your name, “Hwa Haeun!” You swiftly turned around and came to notice the one who had the same punishment as you, “Are you really going to ditch detention? Tsk, Tsk.” Jungkook nodded his head, “But seriously if you are, I am going with you.” You looked at him with rolled eyes and walked into the detention room with no response and began to pick up trash on the floor, “Well, then, a good ‘I’m never going to skip detention, I’ll get in more trouble.’ Answer would have been nice.” Then, he followed inside, grabbing a mop by door way.

After treacherous hours of cleaning you were nearly passed out asleep on one of the school’s desks. Jungkook stopped mopping and looked up with tired eyes. He lifted his mop and poked you with the handle part, “Wake up you slacker.” But all you would do was simply mumble incoherent words, “Aish, wake up-“ Just as Jungkook shook you awake your hand flew up like a reflex and hit him right in the cheek. Jungkook backed away in shock with his mouth open just a bit and growled. Though, in his eyes, you looked so innocent that he let it slide.

Peering around the half-finished room, he closed his eyes an irritation, If I don’t finish this she will get in even more trouble and she isn’t used to it. Jungkook weighted the pros and cons of his situation but as hard as he tried there were just too many cons and in the end he had been stuck with cleaning till he nearly passed out next to you.

“Oh the things I do for Hwa Haeun.” Jungkook mumbled standing up and giving your tired a piggy back ride all the way home.

 

::::::::

Aw Yeah.

 

Hello again Army! I haven’t really been doing anything for the past couple of days due to my horrid sleeping schedule. I went to bed at 5:30 am for the past two days and woke up at like 4:50 pm. Sad life + No life = My Life.  Though I still have you and I really hate silent readers!!

I love you all so much and if you are a new subscriber, please wait patiently for updates that come normally every 3 or 4 or 5 days, I know I at updating ;-;

Oh, and shout out to Deer Poster Shop or @balloon_ for making such a beautiful poster for some reason out of the blue.

Much Love,

Barely-finished