-11-

Something Beautiful

         It was getting darker as each hour passed and still you were reading the book you found in the old book store. You actually fancied the book and you didn’t want to put it down.

“Excuse me,” You looked up from the book to have contact with the Ahjuma, “I have to close the shop now, would you like to purchase that book?”

“I actually left my purse at my house; I’ll just come back tomorrow.” You told her kindly.

“Well,” The Ahjuma started, “If you really want, since you are the only person who has come into this store all month; you could read here for as long as you want.”

You smiled and bowed, “Are you sure you trust me to be here alone?”

The Ahjuma looked at you and tilted her head, ”Who said you were going to be alone?”

“Oh, I just thought that-“

“My grandson will stay with you. I don’t know what your relationship is but, no monkey business got it?” the Ahjuma rose her eyebrows and smiled. You forced a smile and thought, A relationship with him?

The Ahjuma jingled the keys in her hand placed them on the counter before grabbing her jacket and retreating to the door to walk to her house at the top of the street. You looked around and exhaled, walking to the counter, pushing the keys out of the way and seating yourself on top of the wooden counter. You continued to read and let the words written on the pages have its way with you.

              “I loved him. He was the one for me but then, they stepped into my life and things started to change. He changed; I changed; we all changed.”

You were deeply immersed in the book that is until the bell on the door rang and someone stepped inside, “I was told I had to babysit.”

::::::

You now found the newly presence too awkward to read in. The boy who you haven’t seen or talked to in weeks sat next to you looking through his phone. He would consistently look over your shoulder to see what you were reading, but you have been reading the same page for over 20 minutes, “Yah- I was here to babysit you reading, not staring into space for 1 billion years.”

You blinked and directed your eyes to him, “I am reading.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Yeah, and I’m babysitting a person reading.”

You smiled slightly, somewhat refreshed in hearing that familiar voice mocking sarcasm at you, “How have you been?”

Jungkook stopped looking outside the front window and turned to face you. You were still looking at the words on your pages as you asked him, “Good you?”

“Just dandy.” You told him as you flip a page in your book.

Then from that moment on, you began to start a very normal conversation with the boy who ran in the different direction from the moment onwards since the park incident. The two of you talked all night and slightly into the break of dawn. Jungkook even showed you his impersonation of Zion T. You showed him that at 1 o’clock in the morning, you would fall asleep on his shoulder. As you slept he would just think of all the easy escapes in this sticky situation. Though, it was nice.

:::::::

Ding!

The bell on the top of the door rang. In stepped the Ahjuma with her floral top and curly black and white hair. She immediately stopped and stared at the two teens. You were laying on the counter with your book under your head being the support pillow and Jungkook’s sweater draped over your body as the blanket. Her eyes shifted to Jungkook who was on the floor with his arm over his face, “And I told her no monkey business.” The Ahjuma smiled and shook her head.

:::::::

Suddenly a hand was shaking your body awake. You opened your eyes to see the kind Ahjuma looking at you with wide eyes, “Why darling, what do you think you are doing on the top of the counter?”

You squinted your eyes at her and then slowly rose up, stifling a yawn that was threatening to come out, “Uh, do you know what time it is?”

“9 o’clock in the morning. Which reminds me, shouldn’t you be at-“

“-School!” You slipped on the jacket that was draped over your body and hopped off the counter. Looking down you find a sleeping boy, who you not to mention nearly tripped over. You stared at him and kicked him in the stomach lightly.

“Jesus Christ, Woman!” Jungkook woke up with a shout. His eyes glared at you, “What the hell!”

“We’re late for school!” You freaked.

Jungkook looked at you calmly and didn’t say anything for a while, “I’m Jungkook remember? I’m a rebel. I don’t need to go to school.”

You scoffed to the side and rolled your eyes, “I bet you said that yesterday too when the teacher told you that it was his last warning?” Jungkook realized that you were right and closed his eyes in irritation, “Now, hurry up and get changed while I do the same, wonderboy.”

::::::

You were now dressed and downstairs, putting on your favorite pair of earrings that Zelo gave you the day after you got your ears pierced.  You looked at yourself in the mirror and grabbed your back pack. Walked down the hall and you opened the front door to nearly slam into the guy that hadn’t really cared about anything since the beginning of school.

“You are such a slow changer.” Jungkook scolded and walked down your drive way.

“Well, if I ironed my school uniform last night then I could’ve been earlier,” Looked to your side, “Oh wait, because of someone I know, I didn’t even go home last night.”

Looking forward Jungkook walked calmly with his hands in his pocket, “Well it’s not my fault I’m irresistible.”

“Irresistible? Please, You were complaining that you had to babysit all night, but you never left. So, I take it was the other way around Mr.” You looked at him with an arched eyebrow and a smirk. He watched with an amused expression as you walked ahead leaving him trailing behind. He ruffled his hair and caught up to you. The two of you then walked in silence until you reached Winsdor Academy’s gate entrance, “How are we going to get in, Jungkook?” You asked staring at the huge, closed gate in front of you. Waiting for the answer, you turn around to find that Jungkook is not there. Looking around frantically in hope to spot him, he calls your name, “Haeun, over here!”

You run over and tilt your head in curiosity, “What are you doing we have to go to class!”

Jungkook looks at you with a serious face, “I know what I’m doing.”

“Know what you are doing? Please, be my guest and hurry your up.” You watch as he takes loose pegs out of the gate and easily glides right through. It was now your turn in the round of monkey see monkey do, but were quite clumsy and while stepping through your foot gets tangled in the untamed vines. You were almost face down in the grass that is until Jungkook grabs ahold of your hands. He keeps his hands locked with yours until you were fully out of tangled mess.

“You can let go-“ You tell him as he forcefully throws your hands out of his grasp, “Calm down drama queen, I meant gently.”

“We have to hurry up.” Jungkook answers quickly, while turning around and ignoring your remark with a pink face.

“Wow, now you want to go to class.” You cross your arms and follow after him into the school.

:::::::::

“What am I going to do? I have never been late for class in my 16 years of existence!” You told Jungkook while biting your thumb nails and holding your textbooks.

“Calm down you are giving me a headache.” Jungkook nudged you and rubbed his temples, “Don’t worry, Haeun. Whatever happens, happens.” Jungkook looked straight ahead at the class room door in front of him and looked to the side, “Ready when you are.”

You took a deep breath and exhaled. With a courageous voice you spoke, “Open it.”

“I’m not your servant.”

“Open it, please?” And with that, the door slides open and 25 heads including the teacher’s turn in curiosity. Your eyes then bolted to the person that stuck out the most, Choi Junhong.

It’s not what it looks like Zelo, I swear.

 

::::::::::

 

You didn’t think I would leave you right?

I’m back from my Hiatus, Yay!

You guys are really good at guessing where I went for my vacation. I did go to the Philippines and since it is like a 13 hour time difference, i never knew when to post, and I am so tired, but I guess you guys deserve this considering I haven’t posted in ages and I miss your comments and what not. I love you guys so much and I really love your support and advice for my story. ;-; I feel so bad for leaving you. OH I ALSO WENT TO KOREA. It was like a lay-over type thing, but it’s still in Korea and I was still breathing the same air as my oppar so idek. There were guys that were so beautiful to like I don’t even get it why you no go to my school ;-;

See you soon,

Barely-finished